Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea 19:06 - Feb 5 with 14272 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone seen it?

Just received a message about it and by all accounts our net spend was highlighted by them as -60m.

Makes you wonder how someone could create such a mess that we are witnessing if the claim by sky is true.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:56 - Feb 5 with 1828 viewsDr_Winston

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:47 - Feb 5 by Flashberryjack

With the people that run this club it wouldn't surprise me if we had more than a £70m black hole, just as it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't.

In short I don't know, but It's good that someone is asking questions though,
don't you think ?

If we're relying on Sky to ask the questions we're f*cked.

The problem as I see it is that there's shitloads of speculation, insinuations and accusations flying around with very little actual information or evidence either way.

I find it very easy to believe that the club is in a shit state financially and in need of desperate income given some of the dealings over the last 4/5 years, but likewise the total lack of information coming from the club lends itself to the kind of speculation that we're seeing.

What isn't helpful is Sky doing the typical "club outside the top five" half arsed analysis and getting the likes of MD10 even more riled up than he already is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:01 - Feb 5 with 1813 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:56 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

I meant why do you think we'd lost £40m in 9 months?

I'd say that our financial problems have probably been mounting for years.

I am not. I just cant fathom how 40m would have been used within 8 months.

If it was used to cover transfer fees then what has happened with our incoming transfer fees?

If it was used for wages then why has it all gone with another 3 months of the season to go?

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:02 - Feb 5 with 1812 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:52 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

I am sure that we are paying part of their wages.

As for wages, we are down how much of a % on income compared to last season and I wonder what % other clubs are paying on what we have let out through the door.

Did we lose money on the players mentioned? We bought them with money we got from selling players before we purchased/paid loan fees for them.

Well we did lose money on them albeit we made money on others. That said it's far too simplistic to look at it in that way as you need to take into account the true cost of the transfer including wages, agents fees, loyalty payments, paying up contracts (even if we've sold them I believe) and signing on fees.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:04 - Feb 5 with 1799 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:01 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

I am not. I just cant fathom how 40m would have been used within 8 months.

If it was used to cover transfer fees then what has happened with our incoming transfer fees?

If it was used for wages then why has it all gone with another 3 months of the season to go?

Why £40m? What's the relevance of that figure?
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:04 - Feb 5 with 1796 viewsChief

So what period of time do these figures shown by sky cover?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:04 - Feb 5 with 1796 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:56 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

If we're relying on Sky to ask the questions we're f*cked.

The problem as I see it is that there's shitloads of speculation, insinuations and accusations flying around with very little actual information or evidence either way.

I find it very easy to believe that the club is in a shit state financially and in need of desperate income given some of the dealings over the last 4/5 years, but likewise the total lack of information coming from the club lends itself to the kind of speculation that we're seeing.

What isn't helpful is Sky doing the typical "club outside the top five" half arsed analysis and getting the likes of MD10 even more riled up than he already is.

You think I am riled?

How interesting yet baffling.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 1780 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:04 - Feb 5 by Chief

Read back through the posts and you will find your answer.

I could answer but would feel it better in the interest of the post that you actually read through all the posts previous instead of going over old ground.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:09 - Feb 5 with 1760 viewsChief

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:07 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Read back through the posts and you will find your answer.

I could answer but would feel it better in the interest of the post that you actually read through all the posts previous instead of going over old ground.

I can't see anywhere on this thread that states the dates that those figures covered.

I assume it's since the Yanks bought in?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:18 - Feb 5 with 1712 viewsthornabyswan

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:04 - Feb 5 by Chief

Since the sale

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:19 - Feb 5 with 1708 viewsChief

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:18 - Feb 5 by thornabyswan

Since the sale

Thanks

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:32 - Feb 5 with 1653 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

Is this possible could the Americans have taken out a loan for say £63m through Swansea City Football Club when they took over knowing that the premier league payments
TV coverage
and value of the players we had at the time was a guarantee to the Bank

Then used that loan money to pay off the selling shareholders and this would account for the rumoured present black hole ?

I am not sure if the Glaziers did the same at Manchester United
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:38 - Feb 5 with 1611 viewsjasper_T

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:32 - Feb 5 by homeiswheretrundleis

Is this possible could the Americans have taken out a loan for say £63m through Swansea City Football Club when they took over knowing that the premier league payments
TV coverage

Then used that loan money to pay off the selling shareholders and this would account for the rumoured present black hole ?

Are you asking if they bought their shares with company money?
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:41 - Feb 5 with 1601 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:38 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

Are you asking if they bought their shares with company money?

yes
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:45 - Feb 5 with 1575 viewsbuilthjack

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:32 - Feb 5 by homeiswheretrundleis

TV coverage

Food for thought

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:56 - Feb 5 with 1532 viewsjasper_T

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:41 - Feb 5 by homeiswheretrundleis

yes

How would they have done that without the trust or other shareholders noticing, and still made a £13m profit in their first season in control?

The Glazers bought the entire Man Utd company, which makes moving large amounts of money in and out a much simpler proposition.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:23 - Feb 5 with 1469 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:56 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

How would they have done that without the trust or other shareholders noticing, and still made a £13m profit in their first season in control?

The Glazers bought the entire Man Utd company, which makes moving large amounts of money in and out a much simpler proposition.

ok if you don't think that is possible could they have used their own money in the beginning
to buy the selling shareholders out and then after making a profit on the 1st season taken out a loan after that so the Americans got their original stake back
or again is that not possible.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:25 - Feb 5 with 1460 views_

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:45 - Feb 5 by builthjack

Food for thought

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:34 - Feb 5 with 1438 viewsBanosPerth

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:45 - Feb 5 by builthjack

Food for thought

Yes, I think that another poster mentioned this possibility recently, I can't remember which thread. It looks like a very plausible explanation, standard corporate raider practice I suspect.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:48 - Feb 5 with 1414 viewsScottishEddie

Classic thread

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:53 - Feb 5 with 1406 viewsjasper_T

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:23 - Feb 5 by homeiswheretrundleis

ok if you don't think that is possible could they have used their own money in the beginning
to buy the selling shareholders out and then after making a profit on the 1st season taken out a loan after that so the Americans got their original stake back
or again is that not possible.

You're talking about a withdrawal of £60m at some point which I imagine would be difficult to hide from the other shareholders, who own 40% of the company bank account and debts.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 00:40 - Feb 6 with 1376 viewsPozuelosSideys

'Kin hell.. i know numbers arent everyones best skill but come on..

Forget all this rubbish about money being siphoned out of the club and those misleading bollox figures put up by Sky there in regards to net transfer spends.

The biggest issue PL clubs have is wages. The only stat you need to know was released by the club which is the income/wages ratio and that was around 85%-90%

That is why players are being binned off at a rate of knots. The rest of it is just noise by idiots on here who havent got a facking clue how a payroll works.

And yes..Yanks Out.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 06:35 - Feb 6 with 1266 viewsWhiterockin

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 00:40 - Feb 6 by PozuelosSideys

'Kin hell.. i know numbers arent everyones best skill but come on..

Forget all this rubbish about money being siphoned out of the club and those misleading bollox figures put up by Sky there in regards to net transfer spends.

The biggest issue PL clubs have is wages. The only stat you need to know was released by the club which is the income/wages ratio and that was around 85%-90%

That is why players are being binned off at a rate of knots. The rest of it is just noise by idiots on here who havent got a facking clue how a payroll works.

And yes..Yanks Out.

Are the Sky figures accurate in showing the actual transfer fee balance. We don't know how much we paid up front and how much we are still paying for players we bought a couple of seasons ago. We also don't know if we have been paid in full for all players sold.

If any money has been taken out of the club by the Americans, pre relegation, where is the Trusts 21%. If any money is seen to be spent improperly after relegation (admin fees ect), the Premier League can freeze parachute payments and demand repayment. Parachute payments are to be used only to cover the cost of the transition from Premier League to Football League.

The implications of wages and costs the first year of relegation are immense. I'll give one example. Bony, £12M transfer fee for 2 year contract. If we are paying that over the length of the contract it equates to £120K a week add to £100K a week wages this means Bony has been costing us nearly a quarter of a million pounds a week this season. IMO its not so much the Americans skimming money, its more the incompetence of HJ in transfer dealings and contracts that have caused the problems.

But it is still the Americans who let him do it and I want them out.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 07:36 - Feb 6 with 1223 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:48 - Feb 5 by ScottishEddie

Classic thread

On the contrary.

The post was about an actual story by Sky and a decent and well mannered forum post pursued from it until the usual culprits came along.

Wether people who posted were right or wrong, it was all down in a decent manor........until as I said, the usual culprits came along.

It is quite simple really.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 07:39 - Feb 6 with 1221 viewsmagicdaps10

Food for thought

It is food for thought because that is exactly what the Glazers did.

Without seeing the books, nothing can totally be ruled out. If you are not open minded then you can be fooled into almost anything pending on your line of thought of course.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:07 - Feb 6 with 1202 viewsLoyal

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:31 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

So why have they all of a sudden paid attention to us in the championship?
They see a story that is why and were quite clearly making a point that something does not add up. In the football world, football people will know what is going on more than us fans.

That report on sky was certainly knocking on why the club is in so much financial trouble with the big showing of -61M.

Most football people are thick as wood.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024