Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dan James gets sold ... 19:48 - Jan 24 with 29296 viewsSwans_16

... I will not be renewing my Season Ticket.

The full intent of the owners will be visible for all to see if it goes through.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 08:09 - Jan 26 with 2927 views34dfgdf54

Leeds are a huge club and a big draw, anyone saying otherwise is being a bit delusional imo. However, Chris is saying he doesn’t want to go, and like jack247 said, I’m happy to take his word for it.

It looks as if there has been definite dialogue between the two clubs, but no official bid put in, which makes me think they’ve scoffed at the quote we have given them. Rightly so aswel, I think selling for less than £10m makes no sense, and he’s not worth that at present.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 08:15 - Jan 26 with 2921 viewsJinxy

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:36 - Jan 25 by STID2017

Leeds are on the up with a highly respected manager, being backed byvowners who expect success and a mix of very good youngsters and experienced talented players. Why wouldn't Dan see them as a better prospect.
Surely the most optimistic Swans fans can't see us as promotion material?
Even if we went up we'd struggle, where as I believe Leeds will do okay even with their current squad.
I think Dan should be worth a lot more thougj

Very true. I like to believe that we have a longer term plan/project which will ensure we go up at the right time and in the right way, and sustain it as before. Not this season for me, too early.

Young players especially can be understandably impatient at being promised "jam tomorrow", but hopefully he gets the right advice, reassurance and counsel to make the right decision for him, whichever that is. Selfishly, as I say, I hope he stays because for one reason it could unsettle others if he doesn't.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 11:30 - Jan 26 with 2797 viewsBadlands

If Dan James gets sold ... on 08:09 - Jan 26 by 34dfgdf54

Leeds are a huge club and a big draw, anyone saying otherwise is being a bit delusional imo. However, Chris is saying he doesn’t want to go, and like jack247 said, I’m happy to take his word for it.

It looks as if there has been definite dialogue between the two clubs, but no official bid put in, which makes me think they’ve scoffed at the quote we have given them. Rightly so aswel, I think selling for less than £10m makes no sense, and he’s not worth that at present.

Leeds were, for a while, a huge club ... a very famous club, often for the wrong reasons.
But looking at their average attendances suggests those days are long gone.
Although they have had 20 thousand in the last 2 seasons their average attendances for 8 years before that was around 17 thousand.
What that does suggest is they have a core of around 16,000 ST holders who don't sod off when they aren't playing big teams or are cheesed off with the owners.
Also they have spent 50 of their 100 years outside the top division.
Excellent but not huge - less than Stoke.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:16 - Jan 26 with 2694 viewsMoscowJack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:44 - Jan 25 by _

Doesn't stack up for me, that.

I don't think we're in bad shape at the moment, yes we could be in much better shape had we shifted some of the higher earners but it's all under control.

We're going to make a 30m loss this season, apparently. Can't see how, myself, but that's what I read somewhere.

I don't believe all I read but I think the Yanks would be horrified by even a 1m deficit.

I think we'll offload anyone we get offers for until we're breaking even.....which is better than getting into 10s of millions of debt with banks, but not as good as the owners putting money in to gives us that little nudge that could see us play a little more consistently in the 2nd half of the season.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:20 - Jan 26 with 2620 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:16 - Jan 26 by MoscowJack

We're going to make a 30m loss this season, apparently. Can't see how, myself, but that's what I read somewhere.

I don't believe all I read but I think the Yanks would be horrified by even a 1m deficit.

I think we'll offload anyone we get offers for until we're breaking even.....which is better than getting into 10s of millions of debt with banks, but not as good as the owners putting money in to gives us that little nudge that could see us play a little more consistently in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't see how it could be £30m when Newcastle bought a whole new team on going down and only lost about that much. They spent £120m on wages that year.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:33 - Jan 26 with 2564 viewsMoscowJack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:20 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

I don't see how it could be £30m when Newcastle bought a whole new team on going down and only lost about that much. They spent £120m on wages that year.

Agree, Jasper, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if this figure is the one eventually reported. Maybe with the odd 'management' or 'consultancy' fee here or there too?

Saying that, the more I think about our wages (probably to include Bony, part of the Ayews, Baston and others until the end of the season) and the costs of the 'top management', I wouldn't be shocked if there was a 30m shortfall at all.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:42 - Jan 26 with 2527 viewshobo

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:33 - Jan 26 by MoscowJack

Agree, Jasper, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if this figure is the one eventually reported. Maybe with the odd 'management' or 'consultancy' fee here or there too?

Saying that, the more I think about our wages (probably to include Bony, part of the Ayews, Baston and others until the end of the season) and the costs of the 'top management', I wouldn't be shocked if there was a 30m shortfall at all.

We receive a 40m parachute payment and made a 42m profit on transfers this season. Don't see how we can even make a loss, let alone a 30m one
If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:45 - Jan 26 with 2517 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:33 - Jan 26 by MoscowJack

But then you weigh that against a conservative estimate of our transfer profit. £30m cashflow deficit for the year due to deferred payments, maybe?

To make an accounts loss that large would be pretty shocking, although given how amortisation works for the expensive wastes of space we brought in (and replaced with much cheaper players) perhaps possible. Bony's contract was on paper a significant asset at the beginning of the accounts year, and will be worth 0 by the end.

In reality that's great for us because we can stop paying him, but it will show as a loss.

Potter's press conference strongly hinted that there is some substance to rumours Bony being wanted elsewhere. Fingers crossed.
Login to get fewer ads

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:03 - Jan 26 with 2496 viewsMoscowJack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:45 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

But then you weigh that against a conservative estimate of our transfer profit. £30m cashflow deficit for the year due to deferred payments, maybe?

To make an accounts loss that large would be pretty shocking, although given how amortisation works for the expensive wastes of space we brought in (and replaced with much cheaper players) perhaps possible. Bony's contract was on paper a significant asset at the beginning of the accounts year, and will be worth 0 by the end.

In reality that's great for us because we can stop paying him, but it will show as a loss.

Potter's press conference strongly hinted that there is some substance to rumours Bony being wanted elsewhere. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I'm not sure how all that works exactly.

We might still be paying for the expensive purchases of the Ayews, Bony, Clucas, Mesa, Baston and others, which could have an effect on this year's books.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:30 - Jan 26 with 2470 viewsElmo

If £20m is the price, the investors would take it. No doubt, at all.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:53 - Jan 26 with 2448 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:16 - Jan 26 by MoscowJack

What? You 'read' it somewhere?

OK, where?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:18 - Jan 27 with 2321 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Dan James valuation £12m according to Nixon
If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:19 - Jan 27 with 2306 views34dfgdf54

If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:18 - Jan 27 by exiledinenglandjack

Rightly so aswell, the yanks should be applauded for that aswell in fairness.

If someone wants one of our up and coming players who we are trying to build a team around they should have to stump up major cash, otherwise there is no benefit to us.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 9:25]
If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:26 - Jan 27 with 2294 viewsjack247

No way our owners would turn.down that kind of money. Shame a big chunk of it would be spent on wages for players who don’t play
If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:37 - Jan 27 with 2261 viewsCaptain_Sham

Start the car...

Its just a ride.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:58 - Jan 27 with 2204 viewswaynekerr55

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:20 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

Newcastle had 50k through the gates and probably a big corporate offer. Not that much but they probably weren't as reliant on TV money, which is to be expected given their infrastructure

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:01 - Jan 27 with 2196 views34dfgdf54

If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:37 - Jan 27 by Captain_Sham

Start the car...

No chance Leeds can stump up that kind of cash, we know that, we’re pricing them out of the move.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 10:09 - Jan 27 with 2170 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 09:58 - Jan 27 by waynekerr55

Newcastle had 50k through the gates and probably a big corporate offer. Not that much but they probably weren't as reliant on TV money, which is to be expected given their infrastructure

One of the big complaints Newcastle fans have about Mike Ashley is that he puts Sports Direct sponsorship all over the place so they don't make nearly as much money as they should for a club their size.

They're not Man City with dodgy deals propping them up, a big gate isn't going to make a £120m wage bill comparable to ours this season.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:11 - Jan 27 with 2046 viewsBadlands

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:42 - Jan 26 by hobo

We receive a 40m parachute payment and made a 42m profit on transfers this season. Don't see how we can even make a loss, let alone a 30m one

As I understand it we had a high level of debt too.
'It is wrong, though, to suggest Swansea do not have debts. Like every club in the Premier League they owe money and it could alarm those who look at the creditors column in the club’s accounts and see £65m at the bottom.' (2016)
(Also, did we have to increase our overdraft from £15 million last season?)
Even when offset by around £30 million it meant shareholders were passing on a seizable overspend to the new shareholders and I would imagine that has grown in our attempts to remain in the Premier League.
As in real life debt is easily accrued but difficult to overcome.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:46 - Jan 27 with 1923 viewsvetchonian

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:11 - Jan 27 by Badlands

As I understand it we had a high level of debt too.
'It is wrong, though, to suggest Swansea do not have debts. Like every club in the Premier League they owe money and it could alarm those who look at the creditors column in the club’s accounts and see £65m at the bottom.' (2016)
(Also, did we have to increase our overdraft from £15 million last season?)
Even when offset by around £30 million it meant shareholders were passing on a seizable overspend to the new shareholders and I would imagine that has grown in our attempts to remain in the Premier League.
As in real life debt is easily accrued but difficult to overcome.

People are fused on the parachute payments players wages and transfers whilst forgetting the "of field" side of the club.....we have now taken on the lease for the stadium...no longer paying a peppercorn rent but responsible for all the costs associated with the running of the stadium.
There will be less revenue from the Ospreys as they are having to play some games at Bridgend so a loss could be potentially on the cards

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:55 - Jan 27 with 1903 viewsQJumpingJack

Are we really £30m in debt?
If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:17 - Jan 27 with 1827 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:55 - Jan 27 by QJumpingJack

Are we really £30m in debt?

We won't know until the accounts are published. In summer 2017 we had a £9m loan outstanding but had made a £13m accounts profit.

Most Championship clubs seem to have outstanding debts (usually to their owners) of at least that amount. If a club is making profit enough to service that debt it doesn't matter that much (Manchester United are nearly £500m in debt but have revenue enough to support it... more or less). If we're making a regular loss and the debt increases year on year it starts to matter very quickly.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 19:17]
If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:22 - Jan 27 with 1806 viewsFlashberryjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:46 - Jan 27 by vetchonian

People are fused on the parachute payments players wages and transfers whilst forgetting the "of field" side of the club.....we have now taken on the lease for the stadium...no longer paying a peppercorn rent but responsible for all the costs associated with the running of the stadium.
There will be less revenue from the Ospreys as they are having to play some games at Bridgend so a loss could be potentially on the cards

"we have now taken on the lease for the stadium...no longer paying a peppercorn rent"

Yeah! that was another fantastic idea, I hope we paid a handsome bonus to the person that worked that deal out..."this time next year we''ll be millionaires bruv"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:28 - Jan 27 with 1787 viewsBadlands

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:22 - Jan 27 by Flashberryjack

"we have now taken on the lease for the stadium...no longer paying a peppercorn rent"

Yeah! that was another fantastic idea, I hope we paid a handsome bonus to the person that worked that deal out..."this time next year we''ll be millionaires bruv"

It was the only way to gain control over the stadium that would allow increasing the capacity on our terms.
After 6 years of, "Why haven't we increased the capacity?" "Why haven't we bought the stadium?"
I can't understand why the Shareholders are being slated for doing what moaners had been asking for for so long!

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:16 - Jan 27 with 1659 viewsjasper_T

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024