Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth after smyth! 13:26 - Aug 24 with 15882 viewsconnell10

After to getting him on loan!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 21:23 - Aug 24 with 3731 viewskensalriser

Portsmouth after smyth! on 20:45 - Aug 24 by Northernr

This is the team that beat Birmingham four months ago:

Lumley, Kakay, Furlong, Bidwell, Manning, Scowen, Freeman, Chair, Samuel, Eze, Sylla.

This is the team we'll be picking tomorrow, give or take

Ingram, Rangel, Leistner, Baptiste, Bidwell, Scowen, Luongo, Freeman, Wells, Eze, Hemed

Manning has been loaned out, Smyth is about to be.

This is clearly either an absolute change in direction, or a complete panic. We've just replaced our youth right back with a 35 year old who Swansea released because his legs had gone.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Wow.

So from that line up v Birmingham only one is unavoidably unavailable tomorrow.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 21:49 - Aug 24 with 3642 viewsPunteR

Portsmouth after smyth! on 21:23 - Aug 24 by kensalriser

Wow.

So from that line up v Birmingham only one is unavoidably unavailable tomorrow.

Just 4 months ago.
7 changes.
We won that game comfortably.
But yeh wow. Nice smooth transition of managers, club improving nicely. Everything going to plan. Nothing to see here.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:06 - Aug 24 with 3548 viewsAntti_Heinola

Portsmouth after smyth! on 21:49 - Aug 24 by PunteR

Just 4 months ago.
7 changes.
We won that game comfortably.
But yeh wow. Nice smooth transition of managers, club improving nicely. Everything going to plan. Nothing to see here.

i don't think the club have said
'everything going to plan'
'nothing to see here'
have they?

To be fair, I brought that game up as an example of what the youngsters could do - but equally, Brum were effing rubbish, and that XI (ours) would get relegated if payed every week in all likelihood. But Clive's point is correct - it's a big change. Jesus, it's a big change since the opening day!

Bare bones.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:14 - Aug 24 with 3534 viewsPunteR

Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:06 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

i don't think the club have said
'everything going to plan'
'nothing to see here'
have they?

To be fair, I brought that game up as an example of what the youngsters could do - but equally, Brum were effing rubbish, and that XI (ours) would get relegated if payed every week in all likelihood. But Clive's point is correct - it's a big change. Jesus, it's a big change since the opening day!

I know the club havnt said that. I said it. About an hour ago..lol
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 23:31]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:14 - Aug 24 with 3538 viewsMistication92

That's quite depressing. I was really excited to see the youth come through, it would make the lower mid-table finishes in the next couple of years watchable. But watching a load of late 20s/early 30s loanees do the same will be turgid.

Why did McClaren take this job anyway? He doesn't look like he has any desire and passion (I know that's an overused word in football) for the job. The one thing that would excite me about taking over this team is the young prospects, but he's jettisoning nearly all of them.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:49 - Aug 24 with 3510 viewsCiderwithRsie

Portsmouth after smyth! on 17:57 - Aug 24 by Northernr

This is the first occasion in his time here that I've got serious concerns and questions about wtf is actually going on and think he has serious questions to answer.

I bought into the logic of a coach to come in and continue the work of last season. If you just bring in a 'big name' and let him tear it all up and bring a load of 30+ loans in while not picking the kids, what exactly are we doing here? That's where we were before, get a manager everybody's heard of in and let him do as he pleases.

Exactly.

My worry is that an honest answer from Les might be that he's lost control to a big-name coach who has conned the owners, just like all the other big name coaches before him.

I'm going to get my retaliation in early and say that Mick McCarthy would be more of the same.

This is all wrong.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:06 - Aug 25 with 3247 viewspaulparker

Not even on the bench today so that’s him gone then

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:22 - Aug 25 with 3197 viewsozexile

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:06 - Aug 25 by paulparker

Not even on the bench today so that’s him gone then

Incredible how he can't get on the bench. We're a basket case of a club.
Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:41 - Aug 25 with 3130 viewsGroveR

Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:14 - Aug 24 by Mistication92

That's quite depressing. I was really excited to see the youth come through, it would make the lower mid-table finishes in the next couple of years watchable. But watching a load of late 20s/early 30s loanees do the same will be turgid.

Why did McClaren take this job anyway? He doesn't look like he has any desire and passion (I know that's an overused word in football) for the job. The one thing that would excite me about taking over this team is the young prospects, but he's jettisoning nearly all of them.

As a manager, McLaren isn't just drinking in the last chance saloon anymore, he's in the flat-roofed pub a few miles down the road being given hostile stares by a broken-nosed thug who's alternately desperate to buy an instant high from any passing quick-fix merchant and selling the family silver to finance it.

Look at this iteratively from his perspective:

- If he's successful with the incumbent squad, credibility restored and away off to a bigger club for more money.
- If he's not, talk up the "youth/inexperience/lack of leadership" to pressure the club into buying in the polyfilla quick fix.
- If they refuse, he can point to a lack of support and wait to be binned, with a definite 2yr payoff and potentially some credibility restored.
- If they go along with the polyfilla approach, the gamble - which is exactly what it is - either:
- - succeeds and we enjoy some measure of short-term "success" (i.e. avoiding relegation) or;
- - fails and he waits to be binned with a definite 2yr payoff

As McLaren's credibility was pretty much on the floor before getting here, the absolute worst outcome for him is a 2yr payoff for a few months work.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:43 - Aug 25 with 3123 viewsfrancisbowles

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:22 - Aug 25 by ozexile

Incredible how he can't get on the bench. We're a basket case of a club.

Washington has his place FFS
Portsmouth after smyth! on 19:25 - Aug 25 with 2974 viewsRangersw12

I still think he should be on the bench at least and if we're going to play 442 we could do with his energy especially away from home
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 20:01]
Portsmouth after smyth! on 20:42 - Aug 25 with 2877 viewsconnell10

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:59 - Aug 24 by PinnerPaul

Whatever part of the pitch he was on didn't excuse him giving the ball away for fun.

You dont half speak some boolox mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 10:35 - Aug 26 with 2587 viewsPinnerPaul

Portsmouth after smyth! on 20:42 - Aug 25 by connell10

You dont half speak some boolox mate!

and he was hooked after 45 mins because...……… he was playing so well I guess!
Portsmouth after smyth! on 10:55 - Aug 26 with 2538 viewsRangersw12

Portsmouth after smyth! on 10:35 - Aug 26 by PinnerPaul

and he was hooked after 45 mins because...……… he was playing so well I guess!

Surely our wonderful "coach" shouldn't be just discarding players based on 45 mins of football for christ sake

Smyth offers far more than Pav for a start , a player who doesn't even bother to cross it now
Portsmouth after smyth! on 11:04 - Aug 26 with 2497 viewsPinnerPaul

Portsmouth after smyth! on 10:55 - Aug 26 by Rangersw12

Surely our wonderful "coach" shouldn't be just discarding players based on 45 mins of football for christ sake

Smyth offers far more than Pav for a start , a player who doesn't even bother to cross it now

I'm only saying this once more and then I'm done

I'm not saying he is awful so loan him out. Just saying based on his previous performances (brief) this season you can see why he is not in 1st team & any loan wouldn't be the big drama some make out.

My opinion only, other opinions are available!
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:46 - Aug 26 with 2272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Any more on this rumour?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Portsmouth after smyth! on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 2055 viewsLblock

Just been pointed out to me that David Wheeler currently not getting in the Pompey 11

Also, I see Ryan Manning had a great game for the Millers today

SmythMustStay!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:17 - Aug 26 with 1786 viewswombat

Portsmouth after smyth! on 17:02 - Aug 26 by Lblock

Just been pointed out to me that David Wheeler currently not getting in the Pompey 11

Also, I see Ryan Manning had a great game for the Millers today

SmythMustStay!

The worrying thing is that he’s out of contract in June so stick him out on loan and we don’t see him again

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Portsmouth after smyth! on 00:01 - Aug 27 with 1722 viewsdavman

Portsmouth after smyth! on 23:17 - Aug 26 by wombat

The worrying thing is that he’s out of contract in June so stick him out on loan and we don’t see him again

Pay attention, wombat - the club are cleverer now and add options on to players contracts, so, if the club want him, he is ours for TWO years. A much, much better bet than Washington, who has had more than enough chances. Smyth should be on the bench above him every single game and I just hope that this is pointed out to Steve.

There has to be much more chance that Smyth will be here in two years and worth something as opposed to Washington who will still be worth bugger all if he is here in two year' time.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 01:19 - Aug 27 with 1672 viewsVancouverHoop

1) It's important for us to survive in this division.

2) Our young players need competitive games.

Sometimes these two factors are not compatible – like right now.

I hate that Manning has been loaned out. I'd hate it even more if Smyth is. But it'd be much worse if we're relegated and have to sell them both for a pittance in order to survive in Div 3.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024