Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies 12:33 - Feb 21 with 9676 viewsperchrockjack

Some on Hre will be aware my missus had advanced breast cancer three years ago. She s been left with lymphodaemia which is a pain but it's a better option than succumbing to this fookn curse.

Recently ,she found a lump in the same place and we both thought,here we feckn go again.

She s been examined today and it's a benign cyst . I want to shag and sing anyone now.

She was seen by her GP and was at the cancer hospital at Clatterbridge within two weeks. Today she had a mammogram ,untrasound and its sorted . Have to say our NHS here is terrific and we re in a good place for treatment of cancer strikes. I know others areas are less fortunate

Purpose of this post is ,ladies, any doubt whatever ,get checked. Fellas too. I have a good chum in Huddersfield who has advanced prostrate . He s possibly left it too long .

I don't care how many times its repeated . Examine yourself . Each other ,come to a
that.

For those out there with it and undergoing chemo, stay positive and be brave and front it out.

Thanks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:52 - Feb 21 with 3751 viewsLord_Bony

Good advice.
Get yourselves checked people...a simple CEA blood test is all it takes sometime

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:59 - Feb 21 with 3734 viewsperchrockjack

And keep on fighting on ,Paul.
I'm always available to annoy or irritate you .

You will beat this condition .

You will buy me a small beer sometime

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:03 - Feb 21 with 3716 viewspencoedjack

My wife had a double mastectomy last year after breast cancer was detected for the 2nd time (she also had bowel cancer the previous year) so was having additional cancer checks.

She has an operation to correct the temporary stuff put in place in for the bowel cancer in the next couple of months, then hopefully she has a cancer free life .... She deserves it.

Both her & the doctors / nurses of hospitals in Bridgend & Swansea are inspirational.

As already stated get the checks done ... I would also add any woman who has had breast cancer its worth investing some time in having the BRCA gene test for any family members.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:07 - Feb 21 with 3706 viewsLord_Bony

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:03 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

My wife had a double mastectomy last year after breast cancer was detected for the 2nd time (she also had bowel cancer the previous year) so was having additional cancer checks.

She has an operation to correct the temporary stuff put in place in for the bowel cancer in the next couple of months, then hopefully she has a cancer free life .... She deserves it.

Both her & the doctors / nurses of hospitals in Bridgend & Swansea are inspirational.

As already stated get the checks done ... I would also add any woman who has had breast cancer its worth investing some time in having the BRCA gene test for any family members.

Hope the op goes well for her,

good luck

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:10 - Feb 21 with 3691 viewspencoedjack

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:07 - Feb 21 by Lord_Bony

Hope the op goes well for her,

good luck

The op is non cancer related LB

Hows things with you ?
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:13 - Feb 21 with 3687 viewsperchrockjack

highest respect to your missus ,pencoed

It's tough for partners in all this ,so good on yer fella .

Roll with it

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:27 - Feb 21 with 3651 viewsstevethejack

Top news mate. Happy for you both.

Regarding breast examination, I am available to conduct these anywhere in the SA post code region.

PM for info
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 3638 viewsDarran

Mrs Scouce is a very nice lady. I’m very happy for her.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:52 - Feb 21 with 3573 viewsLord_Bony

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:10 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

The op is non cancer related LB

Hows things with you ?

I have to go through the same op as your wife (not mastectomies ) bowel reversal later this year. The op was successful for removing colon tumour for myself.

But first I have to have two liver operations to remove 8 tumours that spread there from the bowel.

Scans on 2nd March will decide if this takes place so fingers crossed.

Best wishes to everyone going through treatment out there atm.

Get yourselves tested.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 14:24 - Feb 21 with 3518 viewspencoedjack

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:52 - Feb 21 by Lord_Bony

I have to go through the same op as your wife (not mastectomies ) bowel reversal later this year. The op was successful for removing colon tumour for myself.

But first I have to have two liver operations to remove 8 tumours that spread there from the bowel.

Get yourselves tested.

The reversal although the surgeon advised us was as big as an operation as the actual cancer operation was nowhere near as bad (not saying its not still major surgery). I could not believe it when I arrived in the evening & Mrs PJ was sat up in a chair, out after 5 days.

I hope you are able to find out for yourself after winning your battles with the other tumours.

Keep fighting LB you can do it.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 14:29 - Feb 21 with 3505 viewsLord_Bony

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 14:24 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

The reversal although the surgeon advised us was as big as an operation as the actual cancer operation was nowhere near as bad (not saying its not still major surgery). I could not believe it when I arrived in the evening & Mrs PJ was sat up in a chair, out after 5 days.

I hope you are able to find out for yourself after winning your battles with the other tumours.

Keep fighting LB you can do it.

Good to know she recovered from the reversal quickly. thats very encouraging.

Go to your GP people and INSIST on a test or colonoscopy.

If its caught early its a walk in the park for you.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 16:35 - Feb 21 with 3412 viewstheloneranger

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:52 - Feb 21 by Lord_Bony

Get yourselves tested.

Great news about your colon op.

Good luck for the 2nd March and keep fighting

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 16:44 - Feb 21 with 3387 viewsDarran

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:27 - Feb 21 by stevethejack

Regarding breast examination, I am available to conduct these anywhere in the SA post code region.

PM for info

I don’t think that’s funny myself.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 16:45 - Feb 21 with 3396 viewstreboethjack

I know all to well about this topic sadly. My mother was rushed to cardiff to have a brain tumor removed in the last few years (after being miss diagnosed as vertigo). Following a successful removal of the tumor they discovered she had breast cancer and went for a mastectomy. Sadly following this she required a hysterectomy as they found cancer there too.
On a brighter note she is now cancer free and happy as larry! but for the last 2-3 years shes been through it all in fairness, so anyone that is effected by this vile disease has my full sympathy!

Keep fighting.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 17:59 - Feb 21 with 3294 viewsJackfath

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 13:27 - Feb 21 by stevethejack

PM for info

That’s a bit weird isn’t it?

Glad all is well with your wife Perchie, my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:19 - Feb 21 with 3260 viewsDarran

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 17:59 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

That’s a bit weird isn’t it?

Glad all is well with your wife Perchie, my friend.

I agree Fath some posters always drop their high and mighty guise eventually.
Not the type of thread for cracking jokes.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 3244 viewsjack2jack

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:19 - Feb 21 by Darran

I agree Fath some posters always drop their high and mighty guise eventually.
Not the type of thread for cracking jokes.

Couldn't agree more not a laughing matter.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:31 - Feb 21 with 3228 viewsDarran

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:26 - Feb 21 by jack2jack

Couldn't agree more not a laughing matter.

There’s something wrong with some people.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:38 - Feb 21 with 3220 viewsdickythorpe

The best of health and happiness to Mrs Perch, keep fighting and keep talking.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:41 - Feb 21 with 3191 viewslifelong

Unfortunately the dreaded cancer seems to be just as prevalent today as it always has, although treatment and cure has greatly improved during the past 40 years.. it’s good to read a success story, good luck to you and your wife.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:43 - Feb 21 with 3194 viewsjack2jack

We've never met, but regardless of the fact, I wish you all the very best for the future, Mrs Perchrock. 👍
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 19:14 - Feb 21 with 3154 viewsmax936

Great News Richie, best wishes to you both.

The same best wishes to others and their families that are suffering from this awful Disease.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 20:54 - Feb 21 with 3061 viewsperchrockjack

Much appreciate the sentiments from posters with whom Ive crossed swords .

I stand my every word

However, at times like these, life itself flashes before your eyes .

It's been tough here but it's far tougher for so many out there having to deal with this curse in the most trying circumstances

I hope ,down there, your cancer services serve you well.

Finally, I've no doubt ,twenty years ago my missus would be dead so we ve progressed at a rate of knots but it's still to prevalent

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 20:56 - Feb 21 with 3056 viewsexiledclaseboy

Delighted for Mrs Perch. And for the others on this thread with positive tales. And for those of you still fighting - keep at it. This time last year the wife and I had no idea whether she’d still be around now, and it only kept getting worse for a long few months. On Monday she had the results of her first follow up scan - “ unremarkable” they said which is medico speak for normal. Massive relief. Colonoscopy next, then another scan in the summer. As others have said, it never goes away, the worry will always be there. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

Poll: Tory leader

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 20:59 - Feb 21 with 3048 viewspencoedjack

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 20:56 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

Delighted for Mrs Perch. And for the others on this thread with positive tales. And for those of you still fighting - keep at it. This time last year the wife and I had no idea whether she’d still be around now, and it only kept getting worse for a long few months. On Monday she had the results of her first follow up scan - “ unremarkable” they said which is medico speak for normal. Massive relief. Colonoscopy next, then another scan in the summer. As others have said, it never goes away, the worry will always be there. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

The waiting for results seems to be the worst part

Good luck
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024