Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 19:22 - Dec 23 with 22335 viewsbiggar

Surprised at a lot of these comments on the above. Apart from one daft bit of play in the first half I thought he was possibly our best player. For the life of me I just cannot understand the amount of people slating him. Bizarre. I don’t need a trip to specsavers so god knows what game some people were watching.
Roque Mesa on 14:37 - Dec 24 with 2321 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 14:19 - Dec 24 by trampie

Just seen a post attributed to our Leighton saying if 'Mesa is a Premier League player then I frankly give up', Clucas was also mentioned in the same vein.

Now Leighton was a player and would know a player/non player when he sees one.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/20/which-playmaker-sho
Roque Mesa on 14:43 - Dec 24 with 2301 viewstrampie

Lots of people making out Mesa will be gone in January, but who is going to buy a flop ?, would the Swans want to recoup most of their money ?, how much wages are they paying him ?

The signings of Clucas and Mesa have been disastrous pieces of business by the Swans.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roque Mesa on 14:43 - Dec 24 with 2300 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 14:37 - Dec 24 by trampie

He was better than goodish he was one of the best players in the UK, the champions of England at the time signed him for their then club record transfer fee.

Yes he signed for Derby, agreed. A flawed pundit though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roque Mesa on 14:47 - Dec 24 with 2286 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 14:37 - Dec 24 by jack247

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/20/which-playmaker-sho

Yes, though that Muhammad Butt is no Leighton James in fairness

Roque Mesa on 14:50 - Dec 24 with 2279 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 14:43 - Dec 24 by trampie

Lots of people making out Mesa will be gone in January, but who is going to buy a flop ?, would the Swans want to recoup most of their money ?, how much wages are they paying him ?

The signings of Clucas and Mesa have been disastrous pieces of business by the Swans.

He’s one of the few players in our squad other teams would be interested in. You can’t find playmakers on street corners
Roque Mesa on 14:56 - Dec 24 with 2260 viewstrampie

Roque Mesa on 14:43 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes he signed for Derby, agreed. A flawed pundit though.

A good pundit, one of the best, knows his stuff.

Derby had Colin Todd, Roy McFarland, Bruce Rioch, Archie Gemmill, Charlie George, Franny Lee etc but they wanted Leighton James and paid big bucks to get him.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Roque Mesa on 15:02 - Dec 24 with 2243 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 14:56 - Dec 24 by trampie

A good pundit, one of the best, knows his stuff.

Derby had Colin Todd, Roy McFarland, Bruce Rioch, Archie Gemmill, Charlie George, Franny Lee etc but they wanted Leighton James and paid big bucks to get him.

That's because they probably needed a winger see.

Roque Mesa on 15:05 - Dec 24 with 2229 viewstrampie

Roque Mesa on 15:02 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

That's because they probably needed a winger see.

Wingers were out of fashion but they still wanted Leighton James and they didn't want any old winger they wanted Leighton James.
Top player in his day was Leighton.

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 15:07 - Dec 24 with 2219 viewsjack247

You know your argument has gone South when you try to distort it into how good a winger Leighton James used to be
Roque Mesa on 15:10 - Dec 24 with 2208 viewstrampie

Leighton James was mentioned because he was a top player and played for the Swans and apparently he gave his view to the local evening paper in Swansea on Mesa.

Roque Mesa on 15:59 - Dec 24 with 2153 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 22:23 - Dec 23 by Darran

Superb?

No fuçking chance.

Shove you explanation of superb up your chuff you clever tw@t, tell me who was better than him in that midfield today then? he's gonna be out for a while now, so come on who is gonna replace him with that balance in midfield, I'll tell you nobody unless Leon polishes his boots and gets back out there, he's nowhere near Leon, but he's the closest we've got to him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 16:04 - Dec 24 with 2138 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 23:01 - Dec 23 by Brynmill_Jack

At last. Someone who understands. At the moment the dullards (not Trampie so much, he doesn't even like football, just plaid cymru) like Darran can't see that he's virtually the only player wanting to take responsibility. The others like Carroll and Clucas seem to be to afraid to make mistakes and Fer only plays when it suits him.

When I first saw Mesa teamed up with a good hold up centre forward (Bony) I could see just how good a player he could be for us. So now not only does he have a hiding midfield around him he has lost Bony up front to give him options going forward.

And let's not forget, the man accountable for Mesas slow start in the PL only got sacked this week. I hope any new manager recognises how good he can be and instructs his colleagues to give him the options he craves. Also hope Bony gets back asap.With Mesa firing he may well save us this season.

Great post Brynnie, Darran learnt the bits he thinks he knows about the game in a book from the Library football by numbers the foundation of football by beginners.

Roque Mesa on 16:07 - Dec 24 with 2129 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 23:18 - Dec 23 by Darran

Don’t be dull think of all the goals and assists he’s getting for us.

He's a defensive Midfielder you clown, look up the word Defensive.

Roque Mesa on 16:48 - Dec 24 with 2070 viewsDarran

Roque Mesa on 15:59 - Dec 24 by max936

Shove you explanation of superb up your chuff you clever tw@t, tell me who was better than him in that midfield today then? he's gonna be out for a while now, so come on who is gonna replace him with that balance in midfield, I'll tell you nobody unless Leon polishes his boots and gets back out there, he's nowhere near Leon, but he's the closest we've got to him.

Nobody’s said he’s not our best midfielder or that he shouldn’t play.

Leave the grog alone you thick twát.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roque Mesa on 17:19 - Dec 24 with 2035 viewsjasper_T

Roque Mesa on 16:48 - Dec 24 by Darran

He's not our best midfielder.

At least he hasn't shown it yet.
Roque Mesa on 17:27 - Dec 24 with 2020 viewsDarran

Roque Mesa on 17:19 - Dec 24 by jasper_T

Sorry Jason I thought he was getting all this overrated adulation after yesterday’s game where he was the best midfielder and yes I agree that doesn’t mean much.

Roque Mesa on 17:58 - Dec 24 with 1996 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 16:48 - Dec 24 by Darran

Grog I haven't had a beer all day and has for the thick jibe you've got all those accolades, stick to pulling up threads to point score and chasing your favorite poster around the forum Jack 247 summed your Football knowledge up on page 4 I think it was.

Library is probably open on Wednesday head back there and get another beginners footie book out, ask the nice lady at the counter to point you in the right direction.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 18:02]

Roque Mesa on 18:01 - Dec 24 with 1988 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 17:19 - Dec 24 by jasper_T

Who has been then? we look a lot better in midfield when he plays than when he doesn't, he's out injured now so whose gonna step up to the plate?

Roque Mesa on 18:02 - Dec 24 with 1983 viewsDarran

Roque Mesa on 17:58 - Dec 24 by max936

Grog I haven't had a beer all day and has for the thick jibe you've got all those accolades, stick to pulling up threads to point score and chasing your favorite poster around the forum Jack 247 summed your Football knowledge up on page 4 I think it was.

Library is probably open on Wednesday head back there and get another beginners footie book out, ask the nice lady at the counter to point you in the right direction.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 18:02]

Fuçk off.

Roque Mesa on 18:03 - Dec 24 with 1976 viewsBobby_Fischer

Mesa a playmaker?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Roque Mesa on 18:03 - Dec 24 with 1974 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 18:02 - Dec 24 by Darran

Fuçk off.

Exactly.

Roque Mesa on 18:04 - Dec 24 with 1972 viewsBobby_Fischer

Roque Mesa on 16:07 - Dec 24 by max936

He's a defensive Midfielder you clown, look up the word Defensive.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Roque Mesa on 18:18 - Dec 24 with 1944 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 18:04 - Dec 24 by Bobby_Fischer

What is he then other than a defensive central midfielder?,
He's not particularly creative maybe with creative players in front of him he maybe could be, he works out from the back four Defensive Midfielder.

Roque Mesa on 18:42 - Dec 24 with 1921 viewsjasper_T

Roque Mesa on 18:01 - Dec 24 by max936

Who has been then? we look a lot better in midfield when he plays than when he doesn't, he's out injured now so whose gonna step up to the plate?

Ki has been better this season overall.

Without one or both our midfield has looked useless.
Roque Mesa on 18:47 - Dec 24 with 1920 viewsdameedna

Roque Mesa on 23:01 - Dec 23 by Brynmill_Jack

At last. Someone who understands. At the moment the dullards (not Trampie so much, he doesn't even like football, just plaid cymru) like Darran can't see that he's virtually the only player wanting to take responsibility. The others like Carroll and Clucas seem to be to afraid to make mistakes and Fer only plays when it suits him.

When I first saw Mesa teamed up with a good hold up centre forward (Bony) I could see just how good a player he could be for us. So now not only does he have a hiding midfield around him he has lost Bony up front to give him options going forward.

And let's not forget, the man accountable for Mesas slow start in the PL only got sacked this week. I hope any new manager recognises how good he can be and instructs his colleagues to give him the options he craves. Also hope Bony gets back asap.With Mesa firing he may well save us this season.

I would say you represent the majority. Could be wrong. Sone very unusual views on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024