Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law 15:05 - Dec 18 with 10393 viewsTheResurrection

So the famed, for all the wrong reasons, movie about our meteoric rise to the top, which somehow conveniently forgot the Trust's major role was produced by Andrew's Father in Law.

Mal is obviously very friendly with the selling shareholders so all of a sudden I'm a little concerned about this latest appointment.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:07 - Dec 18 with 2661 viewsswanforthemoney

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 22:27 - Dec 18 by caerleon_jack

I'm 99% sure that I was taught science in school by Andrew's dad, and he is one of the nicest and most decent people you could wish to meet. So I'll take that as my way of viewing Andrew's character, as opposed to who his father in law is.

He was my sons form teacher. Seemed A very decent man.

But then that makes fro another link for the mad conspiracy theorists. Wasn't Goodwin a teacher there (olfchfa)

So Roger Goodwin must have known McGlashams Father Whos son is Andrew who is the son in law of Mal Pope who made a film for the sell outs.

Ergo Roger Goodwin is in the pockets of the sell outs. Goodwin out.

Stop making up this nonsense. Everyone is connected in this town.

I stand in the North Stand

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:40 - Dec 18 with 2626 viewscaerleon_jack

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:07 - Dec 18 by swanforthemoney

But then that makes fro another link for the mad conspiracy theorists. Wasn't Goodwin a teacher there (olfchfa)

So Roger Goodwin must have known McGlashams Father Whos son is Andrew who is the son in law of Mal Pope who made a film for the sell outs.

Don't remember Goodwin, maybe before/after my time. What did he teach?

Insert something witty here

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:48 - Dec 18 with 2615 viewsTheResurrection

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:07 - Dec 18 by swanforthemoney

So this is starting to make sense all of a sudden now.

McGlashan junior who has no history of posting on here or the Facebook page suddenly offers his services to the Trust, and hey, he's a London Lawyer with US hedge fund experience.

He voted to sell the shares in the Summer and is seemingly now, from what he's said, looking for ways to make sure the deal back then is forensically the same as what will finally be presented.

Roger Goodwin, best friends with McGlashan Senior has called out and basically recruited him. Roger being another old duffer stalwart who voted yes to selling the Trust down the swannee, oh and he was one of the sub group who VOLUNTEERED to do the interviews.

And no, not everybody in Swansea is related or connected to people currently sat on the Trust Board or to the sell outs mates that make bullshit stories up about our rise to the top and who was most "responsible" for that.

I'm not connected or related and I bet Sketty Jack isn't either... The Trust will always get found out, the members are not stupid, I'm all over you!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:51 - Dec 18 with 2611 viewsSmellyplumz

The trust is done nobody will trust them again.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 00:01 - Dec 19 with 2595 viewsSwanjaxs

I used to play football with Mal Pope in the Saturday morning Christian Leauge.... he was shìt! (I'm an atheist btw but they used to pay me 20 quid to play for them)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 00:03 - Dec 19 with 2589 viewsDarran

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:48 - Dec 18 by TheResurrection

McGlashan junior who has no history of posting on here or the Facebook page suddenly offers his services to the Trust, and hey, he's a London Lawyer with US hedge fund experience.

He voted to sell the shares in the Summer and is seemingly now, from what he's said, looking for ways to make sure the deal back then is forensically the same as what will finally be presented.

Roger Goodwin, best friends with McGlashan Senior has called out and basically recruited him. Roger being another old duffer stalwart who voted yes to selling the Trust down the swannee, oh and he was one of the sub group who VOLUNTEERED to do the interviews.

And no, not everybody in Swansea is related or connected to people currently sat on the Trust Board or to the sell outs mates that make bullshit stories up about our rise to the top and who was most "responsible" for that.

I'm not connected or related and I bet Sketty Jack isn't either... The Trust will always get found out, the members are not stupid, I'm all over you!!

Chris he has posted on here in the past. He used to post on here to promote a rival forum and they were always removed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 15:14 - Dec 19 with 2417 viewsOutsider

Lets take Andrew at face value and judge him by his actions. He brings legal capability and youth to the Trust board.

Obviously his background/connections are a bit unfortunate. In order to improve its standing the Trust needs to move on from being seen a close-knit closed shop to being an being an open and transparent organization that follows governance best practices.

I am trusting that Andrew will be reviewing the proposed share sale contract to assess its merits, rather than to assess whether it is legally in line with the proposal reviewed by the Phil/Will/Stu in the summer.
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 15:18 - Dec 19 with 2408 viewspencoedjack

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 15:14 - Dec 19 by Outsider

Lets take Andrew at face value and judge him by his actions. He brings legal capability and youth to the Trust board.

Obviously his background/connections are a bit unfortunate. In order to improve its standing the Trust needs to move on from being seen a close-knit closed shop to being an being an open and transparent organization that follows governance best practices.

I am trusting that Andrew will be reviewing the proposed share sale contract to assess its merits, rather than to assess whether it is legally in line with the proposal reviewed by the Phil/Will/Stu in the summer.

I have the feeling the use of 'a bit unfortunate' might bite you on the arse.
Login to get fewer ads

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 16:02 - Dec 19 with 2352 viewsOutsider

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 15:18 - Dec 19 by pencoedjack

I have the feeling the use of 'a bit unfortunate' might bite you on the arse.

I hope not ... for some reason I am trying to think positively today.
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:18 - Dec 19 with 2259 viewsPhil_S

Maybe it is just me but I find the thread unfair. Andrew has given nothing away to suggest what he is being accused of and - if anything - being a close associate of Mal Pope is a negative for the trust given the way that the trust (or the main people at the time) was represented in the marketing ploy

Lisa, ECB (and Dai) have all said he is one of the good guys. Other posters on here have said he is one of the good guys and his opening gambit on here was roundly applauded.

Family ties are a little tenuous to try and discredit someone IMO especially when they are made without any foundation of wrongdoing or personal agendas from the board member

Happy to be shot down but I find the thread unfair
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:24 - Dec 19 with 2246 viewsDarran

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:18 - Dec 19 by Phil_S

Maybe it is just me but I find the thread unfair. Andrew has given nothing away to suggest what he is being accused of and - if anything - being a close associate of Mal Pope is a negative for the trust given the way that the trust (or the main people at the time) was represented in the marketing ploy

Lisa, ECB (and Dai) have all said he is one of the good guys. Other posters on here have said he is one of the good guys and his opening gambit on here was roundly applauded.

Family ties are a little tenuous to try and discredit someone IMO especially when they are made without any foundation of wrongdoing or personal agendas from the board member

It’s not just you. It’s pathetic.

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 19:04 - Dec 19 with 2201 viewsWingstandwood

Bit of impartial opinion here i.e. When the now deeply offensive JTAK was made?..... Many people whom may have contributed to its content or appeared in it?

Were?.... Like myself and a good few thousand of others unaware how disgusting and despicable the likes of Jenkins and his merry gang of scumbag filth truly were. And? Did a few JTAK contibutors whom did not have the benefit of a crystal ball or hindsight to realise JTAK was nothing but a scheming takeover-infomercial and sell-off marketing tool for absolute scum, actually regret it? Maybe Andrews’s father in law regrets his involvement deeply and others who appeared in it maybe also?

Argus!

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 19:52 - Dec 19 with 2142 viewsexhmrc1

lisa and Dai Little also went to Olchfa so probably would have been taught by Godwin. The next thing is they will be accused of being part of a conspiracy.

Having seen the submission of ECB, Lisa and The Res it was totally their submission was far ahead of the Res'.

This is probably true of this guy.

At the moment the trust needs all the professional help the likes of Lisa and Andrew provide.

I for one wish him well and also find this unfair.
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 20:21 - Dec 19 with 2112 viewsSkettyJack

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:48 - Dec 18 by TheResurrection

Just for completeness you are correct, I'm not knowingly anyway connected with any board member.

Interesting link between Mal pop and Andrew, however I do believe that Mal pope made that film according to the direction of the sell outs. They would have had to approve it, they probably wrote the script. I can't imagine mal personally decided to exclude Richard lillicrap or thought beehive vodka breakfast girl to be a worthwhile representative.

Let's judge the new board members on their results. Interesting theory tho Mr Res
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 21:16 - Dec 19 with 2042 viewsNeath_Jack

Everytime Res has raised suspicions or made accusations about the running of the club or the Trusts failings, he's been shot down, ridiculed and laughed at, by people in this very thread. Now i don't know if he has crystal balls but he has an uncanny knack of uncovering uncomfortable truths, maybe he is due to get one of his big calls wrong?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 21:19 - Dec 19 with 2033 viewsexiledclaseboy

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 21:16 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

Everytime Res has raised suspicions or made accusations about the running of the club or the Trusts failings, he's been shot down, ridiculed and laughed at, by people in this very thread. Now i don't know if he has crystal balls but he has an uncanny knack of uncovering uncomfortable truths, maybe he is due to get one of his big calls wrong?

For what it’s worth and only for the reasons I’ve expressed earlier in the thread, I think he’s got this one wrong and that the suggestion of potential impropriety is unnecessary.

Poll: Tory leader

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 21:35 - Dec 19 with 1997 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 22:48 - Dec 18 by fbreath

Aren’t mal and all his family born again Christians surely they wouldn’t do anything underhand

All front and no substance, the tambourine bashers and happy clappers. Don't trust him no matter how nice he appears to be.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:06 - Dec 19 with 1941 viewsTheResurrection

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:18 - Dec 19 by Phil_S

What exactly is he being accused of Phil?

Your first para, mimd, I just couldn't understand what it was you were trying to get across? Maybe you could explain?

While you're here though, I found on Andrew's site this:

Q: Billy Burrows - Should the trust re-evaluate their role given the increased stature of the club?

Phil Sumbler PS: Just to elaborate on that point, I asked Huw what he did earlier to understand it to explain it properly, but he is the supporters liaison officer, the supporters director, he sits on the safety advisory group plus so much more, and he's a volunteer and I think to give up his time to do all this if fantastic. All of us are volunteers, and I think what we need to do is be more vocal in terms of what we do, and what Huw Cooze does for us.

You said that in 2015, Cooze was receiving monies which were known by you at the time, do you regret this?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:19 - Dec 19 with 1906 viewsTheResurrection

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 21:19 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

For what it’s worth and only for the reasons I’ve expressed earlier in the thread, I think he’s got this one wrong and that the suggestion of potential impropriety is unnecessary.

I don't think Andrew is guilty of impropriety. I don't know him. I'm just suspicious of some of the goings on within the Trust, who they are friendly with and where they may take their lead, even subconsciously.

From A Jack to a King has been universally vilified on this site and others for all the reasons so often documented. I know Andrew McG has promoted this film quite a lot personally and shared in his Father In Law's obvious pride. Nothing in isolation wrong with that, it was a good watch - it just wasn't wholly accurate and it used Club money to promote the sale of the old Director's shares - so it's not going to leave a great taste in the mouth.

I certainly wouldn't be sharing in its success and I would find it wrong if anyone in the Trust did.

Cude, what are your thoughts on the film? Phil, yours?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 07:33 - Dec 20 with 1788 viewsPhil_S

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:06 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

What exactly is he being accused of Phil?

Your first para, mimd, I just couldn't understand what it was you were trying to get across? Maybe you could explain?

While you're here though, I found on Andrew's site this:

Q: Billy Burrows - Should the trust re-evaluate their role given the increased stature of the club?

Phil Sumbler PS: Just to elaborate on that point, I asked Huw what he did earlier to understand it to explain it properly, but he is the supporters liaison officer, the supporters director, he sits on the safety advisory group plus so much more, and he's a volunteer and I think to give up his time to do all this if fantastic. All of us are volunteers, and I think what we need to do is be more vocal in terms of what we do, and what Huw Cooze does for us.

You said that in 2015, Cooze was receiving monies which were known by you at the time, do you regret this?

Could you provide a link to the full interview please?

Andrew is being accused of nothing but there is a clear suggestion that the appointment is not right

I dont know him from Adam bar a brief email exchange last week but the whole arguing amongst supporters has just become a little too tiresome for me.

Clearly the bit you have highlighted is factually incorrect but interested to see the full article

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 07:34 - Dec 20 with 1783 viewsPhil_S

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 23:19 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

I don't think Andrew is guilty of impropriety. I don't know him. I'm just suspicious of some of the goings on within the Trust, who they are friendly with and where they may take their lead, even subconsciously.

From A Jack to a King has been universally vilified on this site and others for all the reasons so often documented. I know Andrew McG has promoted this film quite a lot personally and shared in his Father In Law's obvious pride. Nothing in isolation wrong with that, it was a good watch - it just wasn't wholly accurate and it used Club money to promote the sale of the old Director's shares - so it's not going to leave a great taste in the mouth.

I certainly wouldn't be sharing in its success and I would find it wrong if anyone in the Trust did.

Cude, what are your thoughts on the film? Phil, yours?

I think my thoughts on the film have been well advertised over the years.
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 08:26 - Dec 20 with 1709 viewsSoberBaker

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 00:03 - Dec 19 by Darran

Chris he has posted on here in the past. He used to post on here to promote a rival forum and they were always removed.

Who did?

Sketty, Roger, McGlashan Junior or McGlashan Senior?

AMOW

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 09:24 - Dec 20 with 1642 viewsMagic_Michu

I’ve known Andrew for years. He’s been a big Swans fan since he was a kid. I’m sure he’ll serve with the club’s best interests at heart.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 09:41 - Dec 20 with 1605 viewsDarran

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 08:26 - Dec 20 by SoberBaker

Who did?

Sketty, Roger, McGlashan Junior or McGlashan Senior?

Andrew McGlashan.

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 09:54 - Dec 20 with 1575 viewsTheResurrection

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 07:33 - Dec 20 by Phil_S

Could you provide a link to the full interview please?

Andrew is being accused of nothing but there is a clear suggestion that the appointment is not right

I dont know him from Adam bar a brief email exchange last week but the whole arguing amongst supporters has just become a little too tiresome for me.

Clearly the bit you have highlighted is factually incorrect but interested to see the full article

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes, of course...

http://theswanseaway.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/swans-supporters-trust-forum-re-shar

Why did you say it then, if it was "factually incorrect"?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024