Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans fans fight back 22:21 - Dec 16 with 22718 viewsIAN05

The fightback starts http://www.scsa.wales/2017/12/16/swansea_city_supporters_alliance/
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 23:21]
Swans fans fight back on 15:06 - Dec 17 with 1687 viewsNeath_Jack

Open question to all you new group members, and a genuine one, why did you feel the need to form a new group, instead of just joining up with the Union that was already in place?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans fans fight back on 15:11 - Dec 17 with 1667 viewsunion_jack

Swans fans fight back on 14:19 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

Exactly.

Rewind the clock back 2 years when a few of us were begging Phil and the Trust to show some balls and all he did back then was ban people from his site.

Now it seems he's making this little group a sticky on that same forum.

I know what this looks like to me and it ain't no fight back, it's sour grapes unless anyone can prove otherwise.

We have a Trust, we have a huge stake in the football club and we now have Lisa especially who has already in the first week of being involved spoken out against the other Board members and laid some very welcome cards out on the table, something Phil or Matt never did.

Convince me otherwise but this is just a bit out for me, and like Dwight it's made me pretty pissed off as well.

Res, instead of trying to argue a case against the SCSA, why don't you take a step back, see it for what it is and what it is trying to achieve, and I think you'll find it is exactly what you and all other supporters of our club want.

Get behind it and use your undoubted passion to help its cause.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans fans fight back on 15:12 - Dec 17 with 1660 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swans fans fight back on 14:59 - Dec 17 by IAN05

I can only answer my reasons for getting involved, after a ad hoc conversation with Gary Jack where we both agreed that something had to be done, as it was fairly clear that the Trust wouldn't be able to be strong enough in it's representation. I then arranged to meet Chris Pearlman to raise a whole host of things with him and his hands seemed equally tied. Then the conversations started on here about a fans group and so I got involved as in honesty I'd had enough - Though, in fairness one of my main points was I wanted to get rid of Paul Clement......lol. Luckily there are some very good organisers, with strong media contacts and IT people and they have pretty much done the rest.

I’m not saying it isn’t needed as it is well overdue. what I’m getting at is your aims are the same as the union you’re basically treading on their toes why didn’t you back them instead of starting something new it comes across as the res has said a sour grapes ego enhancing exercise
Swans fans fight back on 15:12 - Dec 17 with 1657 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 14:59 - Dec 17 by Phil_S

Darran has a vastly different opinion to me on many things but like this place has always worked he is entitled to his views and to share them.

Family time is not on hold at all - family time is the top of my agenda. Whats great here is I am one of a group of 20+ people all of whom believe in the same things and are putting in much groundwork to make it happen.

As I have said on here before, this kind of thing is right up your street to be vocal without reprise (within legal means!) so why not be part of the group - you may be surprised who is already in there

And please dont suggest that being not very vocal on here is anything but doing what I can behind the scenes.

For me the Trust is the only way to get serious messages across.

But then that was always the case but you ignored us, you banned us and you allowed Darren to purposefully derail any thread that criticised you or the Trust. People aren't stupid Phil, they know this is and was the case.

You chose to hide behind collective responsibility to a handful of old duffers well past their sell by date and dismiss the same responsibility to the thousands of fans not sat around the table. You watched the Trust get too cosy, you knew about the money your Supporters Director was receiving from the Club, and yet you still did nothing, except your site banning posters who questioned all of the above.

Explain to me Phil, how can I back this?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans fans fight back on 15:15 - Dec 17 with 1639 viewsIAN05

Swans fans fight back on 15:06 - Dec 17 by Neath_Jack

Open question to all you new group members, and a genuine one, why did you feel the need to form a new group, instead of just joining up with the Union that was already in place?

That's a fair question. For me, there were two main reasons :

1. I knew little of the Union or the people involved and was dubious about getting involved in a group that may go down the wrong road ( Intimidation etc). Now, there has been no reason to think that so far but I wasn't willing to get involved with people I knew nothing of ( rightly or wrongly)

2. I couldn't see a way they could get their voice heard on a wider scale. Seeing the people involved in this made it clear to me that they could get a platform and quite quickly.
Swans fans fight back on 15:15 - Dec 17 with 1639 viewsthenorthbankbog

Great question the answer will be interesting
Swans fans fight back on 15:16 - Dec 17 with 1634 viewsPhil_S

Swans fans fight back on 15:12 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

For me the Trust is the only way to get serious messages across.

But then that was always the case but you ignored us, you banned us and you allowed Darren to purposefully derail any thread that criticised you or the Trust. People aren't stupid Phil, they know this is and was the case.

You chose to hide behind collective responsibility to a handful of old duffers well past their sell by date and dismiss the same responsibility to the thousands of fans not sat around the table. You watched the Trust get too cosy, you knew about the money your Supporters Director was receiving from the Club, and yet you still did nothing, except your site banning posters who questioned all of the above.

Explain to me Phil, how can I back this?

How can you back it? You can choose to back it by reading the aims of the organisation and what it is seeking to achieve.

If they mirror your beliefs as to what is best for the club then its a natural back (FWIW I think it is the same based on our "chats" over the past few weeks)

But to do that you need to look behind the personalities already in there and make it stronger because - despite the accusation - there are no egos involved, just a group of people who - as others have pointed out - agree with what it is seeking to achieve
Swans fans fight back on 15:18 - Dec 17 with 1621 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swans fans fight back on 15:15 - Dec 17 by IAN05

1. I knew little of the Union or the people involved and was dubious about getting involved in a group that may go down the wrong road ( Intimidation etc). Now, there has been no reason to think that so far but I wasn't willing to get involved with people I knew nothing of ( rightly or wrongly)

2. I couldn't see a way they could get their voice heard on a wider scale. Seeing the people involved in this made it clear to me that they could get a platform and quite quickly.

So instead you got involved with people who systematically completely fecked up the trust
Login to get fewer ads

Swans fans fight back on 15:19 - Dec 17 with 1620 viewsATFV

Swans fans fight back on 14:55 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

Sorry Phil but people were banned off this site and whether that was you personally or the people working for you makes no difference.

You allow Darren to constantly taunt anyone with a different view to YOUR OWN. You have never addressed that so I'm sorry I'm just not buying your excuses/reasons above, not one bloody bit.

We didn't hear from you for the best part of two years but now it seems all family time is back on hold. And listen mate, I'm not necessarily having a go at you here although I know it comes across like that, but why now, why you and where the fack have you been when we needed you?

Phil is just a part of the collective effort - a collective that has grown rapidly over the last week. If this was Trust Mk II then I can promise I would be nowhere near it. Despite the stormy forum last Thursday I still believe in the Trust and want to support it - I can sure as Hell guarantee that I’d have no part in something aiming to usurp or take over the Trust, as has been suggested in here.

Why not come and join the collective Chris? Your fight, spirit and intelligence would make you a powerful addition that’s for sure...
Swans fans fight back on 15:19 - Dec 17 with 1619 viewsDarran

Swans fans fight back on 14:55 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

Sorry Phil but people were banned off this site and whether that was you personally or the people working for you makes no difference.

You allow Darren to constantly taunt anyone with a different view to YOUR OWN. You have never addressed that so I'm sorry I'm just not buying your excuses/reasons above, not one bloody bit.

We didn't hear from you for the best part of two years but now it seems all family time is back on hold. And listen mate, I'm not necessarily having a go at you here although I know it comes across like that, but why now, why you and where the fack have you been when we needed you?

I never banned people off here either and Phil knows that and if you describe speaking the truth as taunting that’s your problem though it’s interesting to see you’re against the new group in the same way as you’ve always been against the Trust.

Strangely you aren’t against Jenkins though. In fact you very much want him to stay even after the revelations from court this week.
You’d think that someone with so with to say would have gone radio rental on that one but bizarrely you haven’t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans fans fight back on 15:19 - Dec 17 with 1619 viewsPhil_S

Swans fans fight back on 15:15 - Dec 17 by IAN05

For me I think answer 2 is more closely aligned to where I am with this. Getting the message to a wider scale is absolute key. That probably could have been done with the union but there was a general feeling amongst the people involved (with the alliance) that it would not be the case

I have met Gethin and Dai from the Union at the Liberty. I know Tony (Sharpe) over many years and have had a chat with the guys that are fronting it. They asked the same questions, the answers will be the same.
Swans fans fight back on 15:22 - Dec 17 with 1599 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 15:03 - Dec 17 by IAN05

Something has to be done. You won't always agree with everything but we have a chance to influence from the outset here. The key themes are everything I agree with, hence why I'm involved. If at any stage I don't agree and can't influence that I will walk away. To have the best possible chance of a say mate, get involved and add some influence.

And Phil has made you a mod, wow!!!

If only the same effort had been put into the Trust who knows what would've happened

How did you meet Chris Pearlman?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swans fans fight back on 15:24 - Dec 17 with 1581 viewsunion_jack

I believe personally that the first get together of the group of which I was one, that something needed to get done quickly, with a respected leader / spokesperson and a knowledge of the press / media and social media platforms.

Now everyone is entitled to their opinion about the SCSA itself, it's leader or members but one thing that is beyond debate is that this group in just over a week is up and flying.

There is a website up and running with a presence on Twitter and Facebook. Members of the press and media have been contacted and are starting to show interest apoarently.

The group membership has an abundance of talent in many areas and if anything is going to work, it will be the SCSA.

This is in no way a criticism of the Union who've been doing fantastic work, it's just this group from what I can tell has a bit more punch.

What is clear is that whether you agree with its formation or not, it is there for the benefit of Swansea City Football Club and its supporters and deserves everyone's support.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans fans fight back on 15:27 - Dec 17 with 1563 viewsIAN05

Swans fans fight back on 15:18 - Dec 17 by thenorthbankbog

So instead you got involved with people who systematically completely fecked up the trust

It depends on your view on whether that is true. That said, the group is open to all. Neither Matt or Jim were involved when I got involved so weren't part of my decision making.Even though all.my interactions with them have been great in fairness.

Ultimately they are people who want what I want and think is right and working with them gives me the best chance of getting back what I want out of the football club.
Swans fans fight back on 15:31 - Dec 17 with 1542 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 15:19 - Dec 17 by Darran

I never banned people off here either and Phil knows that and if you describe speaking the truth as taunting that’s your problem though it’s interesting to see you’re against the new group in the same way as you’ve always been against the Trust.

Strangely you aren’t against Jenkins though. In fact you very much want him to stay even after the revelations from court this week.
You’d think that someone with so with to say would have gone radio rental on that one but bizarrely you haven’t.

I couldn't give a monkeys about Jenkins or if he stays or goes. I care about the Swans and the Trust is a major part of the Club. I have never ever been against the Trust, I've only been against the way it was being run, by the same people who are involved in this group.

You are never to be trusted, you know what you are and so do most people on here and your relationship with Phil is another reason for me to stay well clear of this.

Until he does something about you then I'll never trust him either.

Swans fans fight back on 15:31 - Dec 17 with 1541 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans fans fight back on 14:19 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

Exactly.

Rewind the clock back 2 years when a few of us were begging Phil and the Trust to show some balls and all he did back then was ban people from his site.

Now it seems he's making this little group a sticky on that same forum.

I know what this looks like to me and it ain't no fight back, it's sour grapes unless anyone can prove otherwise.

We have a Trust, we have a huge stake in the football club and we now have Lisa especially who has already in the first week of being involved spoken out against the other Board members and laid some very welcome cards out on the table, something Phil or Matt never did.

Convince me otherwise but this is just a bit out for me, and like Dwight it's made me pretty pissed off as well.

I know we do not see eye to eye on much regarding The Swans, however we have both been very critical of The Trust and its past and present behaviour for a number of years.

I am very angry that this sort of organised fightback is beginning only now, and that it wasn't done sooner via The Trust.

However, the people behind this new group are attempting to rectify this and do what they can to at least right some previous wrongs and contribute to the betterment of both the club and The Trust.

Criticising past actions is fine, I will continue to do that myself as I feel keeping what was done wrong fresh in everyone's minds will only help when future decisions are made. I just don't think continuously criticising people or this new organisation as a whole will benefit the club or help us regain control of The Trust and set it back on a sensible path.

I hope everyone makes their feelings known once and then either let the organisation get on with whatever they are trying to do, or even better, see how they can help as well. It is a real shame you were not elected to The Trust board, however you would be a great asset to this new group as well. I hope you send some suggestions as to what can be done to help and what can be improved upon regarding this new group, perhaps even join.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans fans fight back on 15:31 - Dec 17 with 1542 viewsIAN05

Swans fans fight back on 15:22 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

And Phil has made you a mod, wow!!!

If only the same effort had been put into the Trust who knows what would've happened

How did you meet Chris Pearlman?

A mod ?? Where ??

I was a member of Trust board 15 or so years ago and wanted drive many of the things i still want but just couldn't give the time.

I emailed him a list of things I felt were wrong ( one of those passonate rants after another defeat 😂and he invited me over to liberty )
Swans fans fight back on 15:32 - Dec 17 with 1525 viewswhoflungdung

Swans fan fight back? Nah

Swans fans fight themselves

Meanwhile, the club contracts

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Swans fans fight back on 15:35 - Dec 17 with 1514 viewsPhil_S

Swans fans fight back on 15:31 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

I couldn't give a monkeys about Jenkins or if he stays or goes. I care about the Swans and the Trust is a major part of the Club. I have never ever been against the Trust, I've only been against the way it was being run, by the same people who are involved in this group.

You are never to be trusted, you know what you are and so do most people on here and your relationship with Phil is another reason for me to stay well clear of this.

Chris, many times you have said to me that personalities should not come into things concerning the club and you are right.

So simply place Darran on ignore (which is a method I have advocated to everyone over the years) and then you just see what you want to see. I could ban him right now and he would overcome the ban tomorrow. Thats why I dont ban people, the forum software isn't overly helpful to allowing it to happen.

As others have said you should just overcome it - after all everyone wants the same goal at this point.
Swans fans fight back on 15:39 - Dec 17 with 1484 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 15:31 - Dec 17 by IAN05

A mod ?? Where ??

I was a member of Trust board 15 or so years ago and wanted drive many of the things i still want but just couldn't give the time.

I emailed him a list of things I felt were wrong ( one of those passonate rants after another defeat 😂and he invited me over to liberty )

You're a mod so no need for the surprise. Phil has made you one so when you edit your posts they show up in red. This won't be a good start if you're going to be conservative with the truth here and there. And if you didn't know, Phil did.

So this is useful to know isn't it, a passionate email to Pearlman and he's inviting you to discuss. There seems to be an openness there. What have the Trust done to hammer home some issues?

Swans fans fight back on 15:42 - Dec 17 with 1476 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 15:35 - Dec 17 by Phil_S

Chris, many times you have said to me that personalities should not come into things concerning the club and you are right.

So simply place Darran on ignore (which is a method I have advocated to everyone over the years) and then you just see what you want to see. I could ban him right now and he would overcome the ban tomorrow. Thats why I dont ban people, the forum software isn't overly helpful to allowing it to happen.

As others have said you should just overcome it - after all everyone wants the same goal at this point.

I won't overcome your relationship with him and anyone that's been on the receiving end will know why. Banning him is long overdue but you've never ever even had the inclination to do so.

Swans fans fight back on 15:45 - Dec 17 with 1458 viewsPhil_S

Swans fans fight back on 15:39 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

You're a mod so no need for the surprise. Phil has made you one so when you edit your posts they show up in red. This won't be a good start if you're going to be conservative with the truth here and there. And if you didn't know, Phil did.

So this is useful to know isn't it, a passionate email to Pearlman and he's inviting you to discuss. There seems to be an openness there. What have the Trust done to hammer home some issues?

That was me - I edited Ian's post about forums to add in that the Jack Army forum was also onboard.
Swans fans fight back on 15:47 - Dec 17 with 1438 viewsmonmouth

My view, as usual is a bit simple, and I make no apologies for repeating myself.

We need three things

1) An effective Trust Platform within the Club for all Supporters not just 'members of a club'
2) An effective and loud voice in the media in its widest sense representing all supporters
3) Action Oriented People leading from the frontline with drive and passion

The constitution and membership of these activities need not be, and should not be, mutually exclusive at all (ideally would be parts of one body. We don't have that and cant while the Trust is stuck in La La Land, so no point in saying it should be).

Now, I don't care if these groups are called Janet Street Porter's Rusty Beard and have Ena Sharples and Minnie Caldwell as members as long as they carry out the functions that we need.

Judge all purely on actions and outcomes rather than 'personalities'. Join IN or not (rather than 'join') as everyone pleases.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans fans fight back on 15:48 - Dec 17 with 1433 viewsDarran

Swans fans fight back on 15:31 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

So you care about the Swans and the Trust but you don’t care about fake board meeting minutes signed by Jenkins? Yeah that makes sense.

Look you’re nothing but a troublesome twàt and nobody cares if you get involved with this at all.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans fans fight back on 15:55 - Dec 17 with 1406 viewsIAN05

Swans fans fight back on 15:39 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

I can tell you 100% I'm not a Mod on here - so not being conservative with anything and won't be.

This was a question I asked him in honesty and his response was that they speak every week but he had never heard the points put across like I had done.

I spoke mainly about club not being able to.move on whilst Jenkins was there, our transfer activity shambles *including deadline day mess ups), lack of communication, invisibility of Americans and the shareholders and treatment of the Trust in the sale. Then on mundane stuff like beer prices, JOMA snd the likes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024