Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans fans fight back 22:21 - Dec 16 with 22719 viewsIAN05

The fightback starts http://www.scsa.wales/2017/12/16/swansea_city_supporters_alliance/
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 23:21]
Swans fans fight back on 11:55 - Dec 17 with 2367 viewsmonmouth

Swans fans fight back on 11:35 - Dec 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Reading that didn't make me proud, happy or anything of the sort, it made me feel extremely angry. Where was this sort of behaviour and action when you had hundreds of thousands of pounds behind you as well as a 20%+ stake in the club?

People were calling for this sort of response from the organisation that had the financial capability as well as a stake in the club to actually press for change.

I'll contact that email shortly to see how I can help but it really bothers me how this sort of action is only now being taken.

Of course, but we are where we are. It would also have needed a majority to make that happen, and just look at the Trust now to judge the chances of that. I do think that poeople on the Trust that disagreed should and could have acted differently, and maybe they do too, or maybe they didn’t want to or believe it right then, not for me to say, but better late than never, despite the odds against, no?

I had that anger that you feel for a long period during the initial vote and the supine communications, now I’m just glad some capable people are trying to do something different. And that the something they are trying to do resonates with me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans fans fight back on 11:59 - Dec 17 with 2364 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swans fans fight back on 11:42 - Dec 17 by monmouth

There’s room for both complementing each other. The ground level leaflet and petition work is brilliant and necessary.

There also needs to be a high profile campaign though including media links, and that needs a ‘face’ with clout, and who better to front that than the ex Trust chair that resigned on principle because of owner duplicity, and has first hand knowledge of the nest of vipers at the heart of the club.

Without that stage presence it is doomed to fail imo, or if the media and the wider support can’t be engaged. I would hope all activities can be coordinated, hopefully with the Trust at the spearhead, if it can sort itself out into the weapon, not the incontinent but faithful old Labrador, that is needed.

I should say in my best Manuel that ‘ I know nothing’ so just a personal view. Couldn’t agree more that the judean people’s front scenario will kill them all dead.

Ps only Phil and Matt have links with the old Trust as far as I know, so hardly the old Trust reincarnated.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 11:44]

Why couldn’t they have thrown their weight behind the Union joined and used their experience and knowledge to enhance an already active group.
I’m the same as you I know nothing but the reasons and the timing of it all have set alarm bells ringing and confused me. I listened to members of the Union on the Swansea sound phone in last week what I liked was the passion and they said what they felt with no concern to offending anybody and I agreed with everything they said. That’s why I went to meet them on the Saturday as I said earlier what I found was normal passionate supporters none of which have been in the limelight.
Swans fans fight back on 12:11 - Dec 17 with 2334 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans fans fight back on 11:59 - Dec 17 by thenorthbankbog

Why couldn’t they have thrown their weight behind the Union joined and used their experience and knowledge to enhance an already active group.
I’m the same as you I know nothing but the reasons and the timing of it all have set alarm bells ringing and confused me. I listened to members of the Union on the Swansea sound phone in last week what I liked was the passion and they said what they felt with no concern to offending anybody and I agreed with everything they said. That’s why I went to meet them on the Saturday as I said earlier what I found was normal passionate supporters none of which have been in the limelight.

"Why couldn’t they have thrown their weight behind the Union joined and used their experience and knowledge to enhance an already active group".

That's the bit for me as well, if they thought that an independent group was the way to go, then why not get on board with the existing one. Doesn't sit right with me. But then i am always suspicious, never take anything at face value etc, and that feeling has been made worse by the actions of the Trust board over the past few years.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans fans fight back on 12:13 - Dec 17 with 2327 viewsthescsa

Can I just add to any of the comments in this thread that if anybody wants to be part of helping the work of the SCSA then just drop us a PM here or an email via info@scsa.wales

In terms of the work of the union (aforementioned) this is not to go against what they are doing but that has been very much active on match days this is very much about using a network of contacts to spread the same message very wide.

No doubt that the guys in the union are very passionate about what they do and full credit to them for standing up and taking action
Swans fans fight back on 12:14 - Dec 17 with 2325 viewsmonmouth

Replying to northbankbog x forgot to quote

I don’t know, but let’s go for substance over form for now. The genesis was different, that’s all, and we are in extreme times. There’s room for any passionate supporter, and we all are, on the ‘reform’ buses, without arguing about bus operators. I would be shocked if they don’t communicate and work together, as not that would probably do for both. Having both with different strategies and common goals might actually be useful. I’m agreeing though, in a perfect world there would be one unified and vocal group and it would be under the umbrella of the Trust and encompass all supporters and be capable of voluable and effective media communication and challenge plus direct ground level action when needed. We just don’t have that - yet.

As long as we pursue all those links in the chain and it works, I don’t really give a toss who is doing it, as long as they don’t try and obstruct each other or get into a selfish personal ego war. Get behind the activities, not a ‘gang’.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 12:15]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans fans fight back on 12:15 - Dec 17 with 2315 viewsthescsa

Swans fans fight back on 12:14 - Dec 17 by monmouth

I don’t know, but let’s go for substance over form for now. The genesis was different, that’s all, and we are in extreme times. There’s room for any passionate supporter, and we all are, on the ‘reform’ buses, without arguing about bus operators. I would be shocked if they don’t communicate and work together, as not that would probably do for both. Having both with different strategies and common goals might actually be useful. I’m agreeing though, in a perfect world there would be one unified and vocal group and it would be under the umbrella of the Trust and encompass all supporters and be capable of voluable and effective media communication and challenge plus direct ground level action when needed. We just don’t have that - yet.

As long as we pursue all those links in the chain and it works, I don’t really give a toss who is doing it, as long as they don’t try and obstruct each other or get into a selfish personal ego war. Get behind the activities, not a ‘gang’.

I'm not sure its possible to disagree wth this
Swans fans fight back on 12:36 - Dec 17 with 2249 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swans fans fight back on 12:14 - Dec 17 by monmouth

That’s my fear this new group is about ego’s seeing as who’s behind it.

Don’t forget these are the same ones who let the trust crumble on their watch. That’s why I think they should have got behind an existing group in the background rather than forming a new group so they can posture from the front.
Swans fans fight back on 12:50 - Dec 17 with 2200 viewsmanseltonsa5

I for one will fully support this action,things are getting out of hand now,we need direct action,no more talking,I will send you my e mail and let us know if you need any help
Login to get fewer ads

Swans fans fight back on 13:16 - Dec 17 with 2132 viewsmax936

Swans fans fight back on 12:36 - Dec 17 by thenorthbankbog

Don’t forget these are the same ones who let the trust crumble on their watch. That’s why I think they should have got behind an existing group in the background rather than forming a new group so they can posture from the front.

This is needed and I think the groups can and should be together it'll work, most things can be solved by talking and negotiating through differences of opinions, afterall we all want the same thing.

Stronger Together

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans fans fight back on 13:39 - Dec 17 with 2066 viewsunion_jack

I can assure you that there are no egos involved in the SCSA, just a group of very passionate, dedicated and committed supporters of our club.

And as for the past, it's just that, the past. No one can alter that but they can use their skills, enthusiasm and in many cases, contacts to try and forge a better future for the club.

I urge everyone to get behind it. I also encourage everyone to support the Union whose raison d'etre is probably very much the same. They've been very active to date. I'm sure both groups will complement each other.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans fans fight back on 13:59 - Dec 17 with 2007 viewsMoscowJack

Why not merge the two forces if they're both offering different skills to fight the same goal?

One seems to be fighting at the high level (using contacts, press, etc) and the other seems more 'boots on the ground' type?

Seems to me that together it's the perfect match! This is like Tinder, but for action groups!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swans fans fight back on 14:05 - Dec 17 with 1988 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 10:31 - Dec 17 by Private_Partz

I agree with with this but the Bog does have a point.
We have the Trust, SCSA, ATFV, JackSwan and Swansea Oh Swansea. Just a few off the top of my head.
We must make sure all the groups sing with the same voice or it will be ' divide and rule'.

Yes and it seems this thread has been made a sticky when we've never had that for the Trust. Sorry but this facking stinks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans fans fight back on 14:19 - Dec 17 with 1951 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 11:35 - Dec 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Reading that didn't make me proud, happy or anything of the sort, it made me feel extremely angry. Where was this sort of behaviour and action when you had hundreds of thousands of pounds behind you as well as a 20%+ stake in the club?

People were calling for this sort of response from the organisation that had the financial capability as well as a stake in the club to actually press for change.

I'll contact that email shortly to see how I can help but it really bothers me how this sort of action is only now being taken.

Exactly.

Rewind the clock back 2 years when a few of us were begging Phil and the Trust to show some balls and all he did back then was ban people from his site.

Now it seems he's making this little group a sticky on that same forum.

I know what this looks like to me and it ain't no fight back, it's sour grapes unless anyone can prove otherwise.

We have a Trust, we have a huge stake in the football club and we now have Lisa especially who has already in the first week of being involved spoken out against the other Board members and laid some very welcome cards out on the table, something Phil or Matt never did.

Convince me otherwise but this is just a bit out for me, and like Dwight it's made me pretty pissed off as well.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swans fans fight back on 14:41 - Dec 17 with 1891 viewsPhil_S

Swans fans fight back on 14:19 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

Exactly.

Rewind the clock back 2 years when a few of us were begging Phil and the Trust to show some balls and all he did back then was ban people from his site.

Now it seems he's making this little group a sticky on that same forum.

I know what this looks like to me and it ain't no fight back, it's sour grapes unless anyone can prove otherwise.

We have a Trust, we have a huge stake in the football club and we now have Lisa especially who has already in the first week of being involved spoken out against the other Board members and laid some very welcome cards out on the table, something Phil or Matt never did.

Convince me otherwise but this is just a bit out for me, and like Dwight it's made me pretty pissed off as well.

So let me take the key questions Chris

1. I didn't ban people from the site just like I never made the post a sticky on this forum

2. Your answer on whether this is sour grapes is answered by the people who are part of this group. I'm a part of it, there are many more, most of whom are the driving forces in getting it to where it is now

3. Lisa has said what she did publicly, because of that you draw an assumption that nobody else did. Lisa and I exchanged many messages yesterday on a variety of subjects (I hope she doesn't mind me saying so)

I am sure others who have put much work in over the past week may well also provide you wish some answers.
Swans fans fight back on 14:48 - Dec 17 with 1861 viewsIAN05

When you say who is behind it, who do you mean ? There are a couple of the recent Trust people in there but the vast majority are not linked in anyway.
Swans fans fight back on 14:51 - Dec 17 with 1851 viewsPawelAbbott

Swans fans fight back on 09:55 - Dec 17 by thenorthbankbog

Fair point. But these trustworthy well known Jacks are also the ones who right royalty f****d up the trust why is this new group going to be any different. I actually met some of the guys from the union a few weeks ago now they’re proper passionate fans with no other interests other than Swansea City F.C. It just seems this new group looks like an egotistical exercise by people who are no longer in the limelight afraid that others will steal their thunder. They could have just said let’s rally and help the guys in The Union

The whole purpose in having a Swans Trust was to ensure that we didn't get in a position where the club is being run in a way the fans disagreed with.
After 10 years of reaping the plaudits for the Swans success they the failed abysmally to do anything when the situation changed and their entire purpose was called in to action.
The trust is a non-entity now. It put up no fight when it was required to.
Why should anyone think that the Trust mk 2 will be any different?
Swans fans fight back on 14:53 - Dec 17 with 1839 viewsIAN05

Swans fans fight back on 10:31 - Dec 17 by Private_Partz

I agree with with this but the Bog does have a point.
We have the Trust, SCSA, ATFV, JackSwan and Swansea Oh Swansea. Just a few off the top of my head.
We must make sure all the groups sing with the same voice or it will be ' divide and rule'.

ATFV, SOS, SCFC2 and Planetswans are all heavily involved. That is the point, to bring all the main fans voices together. Trust are also fully aware of what SCSA is about.

Edit: and the JackArmy forum are also involved/aware and supportive

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans fans fight back on 14:53 - Dec 17 with 1839 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swans fans fight back on 14:48 - Dec 17 by IAN05

When you say who is behind it, who do you mean ? There are a couple of the recent Trust people in there but the vast majority are not linked in anyway.

Whenever something like this has been brought up in the past it’s been shot down in flames even as recently when the Union started it was slated on here.

Why is it all ok and let’s all get behind it now it’s being run by certain individuals.
Swans fans fight back on 14:55 - Dec 17 with 1818 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 14:41 - Dec 17 by Phil_S

So let me take the key questions Chris

1. I didn't ban people from the site just like I never made the post a sticky on this forum

2. Your answer on whether this is sour grapes is answered by the people who are part of this group. I'm a part of it, there are many more, most of whom are the driving forces in getting it to where it is now

3. Lisa has said what she did publicly, because of that you draw an assumption that nobody else did. Lisa and I exchanged many messages yesterday on a variety of subjects (I hope she doesn't mind me saying so)

I am sure others who have put much work in over the past week may well also provide you wish some answers.

Sorry Phil but people were banned off this site and whether that was you personally or the people working for you makes no difference.

You allow Darren to constantly taunt anyone with a different view to YOUR OWN. You have never addressed that so I'm sorry I'm just not buying your excuses/reasons above, not one bloody bit.

We didn't hear from you for the best part of two years but now it seems all family time is back on hold. And listen mate, I'm not necessarily having a go at you here although I know it comes across like that, but why now, why you and where the fack have you been when we needed you?

Swans fans fight back on 14:55 - Dec 17 with 1816 viewsmax936

Swans fans fight back on 13:59 - Dec 17 by MoscowJack

Why not merge the two forces if they're both offering different skills to fight the same goal?

One seems to be fighting at the high level (using contacts, press, etc) and the other seems more 'boots on the ground' type?

Seems to me that together it's the perfect match! This is like Tinder, but for action groups!

I’m very much in the boots on the ground camp, l haven’t the skills for a lot of the other stuff, although lm sure l’ve something to offer in whatever is needed, it’s just time that l may struggle with.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans fans fight back on 14:56 - Dec 17 with 1804 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 14:51 - Dec 17 by PawelAbbott

The whole purpose in having a Swans Trust was to ensure that we didn't get in a position where the club is being run in a way the fans disagreed with.
After 10 years of reaping the plaudits for the Swans success they the failed abysmally to do anything when the situation changed and their entire purpose was called in to action.
The trust is a non-entity now. It put up no fight when it was required to.
Why should anyone think that the Trust mk 2 will be any different?

This is very correct

Swans fans fight back on 14:57 - Dec 17 with 1794 viewsTheResurrection

Swans fans fight back on 14:53 - Dec 17 by IAN05

ATFV, SOS, SCFC2 and Planetswans are all heavily involved. That is the point, to bring all the main fans voices together. Trust are also fully aware of what SCSA is about.

Edit: and the JackArmy forum are also involved/aware and supportive

This post has been edited by an administrator

So Phil, Jim and Matt all from the Trust? Sorry Ian mate but no chance.

Swans fans fight back on 14:59 - Dec 17 with 1789 viewsPhil_S

Swans fans fight back on 14:55 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

Sorry Phil but people were banned off this site and whether that was you personally or the people working for you makes no difference.

You allow Darren to constantly taunt anyone with a different view to YOUR OWN. You have never addressed that so I'm sorry I'm just not buying your excuses/reasons above, not one bloody bit.

We didn't hear from you for the best part of two years but now it seems all family time is back on hold. And listen mate, I'm not necessarily having a go at you here although I know it comes across like that, but why now, why you and where the fack have you been when we needed you?

Darran has a vastly different opinion to me on many things but like this place has always worked he is entitled to his views and to share them.

Family time is not on hold at all - family time is the top of my agenda. Whats great here is I am one of a group of 20+ people all of whom believe in the same things and are putting in much groundwork to make it happen.

As I have said on here before, this kind of thing is right up your street to be vocal without reprise (within legal means!) so why not be part of the group - you may be surprised who is already in there

And please dont suggest that being not very vocal on here is anything but doing what I can behind the scenes.
Swans fans fight back on 14:59 - Dec 17 with 1783 viewsIAN05

Swans fans fight back on 14:53 - Dec 17 by thenorthbankbog

Whenever something like this has been brought up in the past it’s been shot down in flames even as recently when the Union started it was slated on here.

Why is it all ok and let’s all get behind it now it’s being run by certain individuals.

I can only answer my reasons for getting involved, after a ad hoc conversation with Gary Jack where we both agreed that something had to be done, as it was fairly clear that the Trust wouldn't be able to be strong enough in it's representation. I then arranged to meet Chris Pearlman to raise a whole host of things with him and his hands seemed equally tied. Then the conversations started on here about a fans group and so I got involved as in honesty I'd had enough - Though, in fairness one of my main points was I wanted to get rid of Paul Clement......lol. Luckily there are some very good organisers, with strong media contacts and IT people and they have pretty much done the rest.
Swans fans fight back on 15:03 - Dec 17 with 1765 viewsIAN05

Swans fans fight back on 14:57 - Dec 17 by TheResurrection

So Phil, Jim and Matt all from the Trust? Sorry Ian mate but no chance.

Something has to be done. You won't always agree with everything but we have a chance to influence from the outset here. The key themes are everything I agree with, hence why I'm involved. If at any stage I don't agree and can't influence that I will walk away. To have the best possible chance of a say mate, get involved and add some influence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024