Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto? 10:30 - Dec 4 with 16118 viewscostalotta

It's been suggested on Jims site that we have approached Roberto?
Roberto? on 15:14 - Dec 4 with 2104 viewsTheResurrection

Roberto? on 14:57 - Dec 4 by Darran

He’s not even in the top three.

7 years in the Premier League says differently and unless you're the most stubborn of fans it was him, without doubt, that laid the foundations for this.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roberto? on 15:16 - Dec 4 with 2095 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 15:09 - Dec 4 by TheResurrection

OK so if we'd got those 4 to sign contracts then, you know, learning from our mistakes, we'd be loads more out of pocket!!!!!

Carry on with your explanation....

Sorry res/boxO your having one of your bizarre moments I think.

Remember when Brendan signed a new contract? Yeah that one, well, it had an improved compo agreement in it. Whereas with Roberto it was not so good. We didn't have the foresight. We did somethign similar with Wilfred before he went to Man City. That is learning a lesson in that we wouldn't lose out that way again.

Now, if that doesn't help you I'm afraid there's nothing further I can do for you or help you with.
Roberto? on 15:16 - Dec 4 with 2087 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 15:14 - Dec 4 by TheResurrection

7 years in the Premier League says differently and unless you're the most stubborn of fans it was him, without doubt, that laid the foundations for this.

He wouldn’t have got us out of the Championship.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roberto? on 15:18 - Dec 4 with 2086 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 15:16 - Dec 4 by Darran

He wouldn’t have got us out of the Championship.

Darren, that's irrelevant and moot. He laid the foundations that Sousa took advantage of, to an extent and Brendan fully capitalised on.
Roberto? on 15:19 - Dec 4 with 2074 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 15:18 - Dec 4 by costalotta

Darren, that's irrelevant and moot. He laid the foundations that Sousa took advantage of, to an extent and Brendan fully capitalised on.

Don’t care. Toshack,Rodgers and Laudrup are the top three.

Roberto? on 15:22 - Dec 4 with 2073 viewsTheResurrection

Roberto? on 15:16 - Dec 4 by costalotta

Sorry res/boxO your having one of your bizarre moments I think.

Remember when Brendan signed a new contract? Yeah that one, well, it had an improved compo agreement in it. Whereas with Roberto it was not so good. We didn't have the foresight. We did somethign similar with Wilfred before he went to Man City. That is learning a lesson in that we wouldn't lose out that way again.

Now, if that doesn't help you I'm afraid there's nothing further I can do for you or help you with.

OK but renewing a managers contract with added compo in means it would cost the Club more to sack him.

So it's not just as simple as that is it as the manager has to be in demand for it to mean anything. I hardly think that's a stick to beat the Club up on.

Getting lucky with a manager isn't learning from mistakes, it's just getting lucky.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Roberto? on 15:24 - Dec 4 with 2069 viewsTheResurrection

Roberto? on 15:19 - Dec 4 by Darran

In your eyes but what does that mean?

Roberto? on 15:24 - Dec 4 with 2059 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 15:24 - Dec 4 by TheResurrection

In your eyes but what does that mean?

It means I’m right.

Login to get fewer ads

Roberto? on 15:27 - Dec 4 with 2059 viewswhoflungdung

Tosh also saw us disintegrate at a rate of knots whereby we actually failed to pay a single penny for some players , having a toxic dressing room whilst at it, which seems reminiscent of our current collection of cocks

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Roberto? on 15:28 - Dec 4 with 2059 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 15:22 - Dec 4 by TheResurrection

OK but renewing a managers contract with added compo in means it would cost the Club more to sack him.

So it's not just as simple as that is it as the manager has to be in demand for it to mean anything. I hardly think that's a stick to beat the Club up on.

Getting lucky with a manager isn't learning from mistakes, it's just getting lucky.

I get that. But a lesson learnt is just that. And Rogders had been successful when we renewed his contract. So, as the saying goes strengthen your position from a position of strength.

By the way I asnt beating the club with any stick it was merely an observation that we keep repeating mistakes.
Roberto? on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 2013 viewsUxbridge

Roberto? on 10:55 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

Both a proven Premier League failure and complete c*nt.

I'd say it's nailed on.

Ha.

I guess it's testament to how far we've fallen away from our footballing ethos that the prospect of his return doesn't turn my stomach. It'd be a bit like taking back the ex who cheated on you over some period of time, emptied the bank account and took all the furniture though ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Roberto? on 16:29 - Dec 4 with 1988 viewsSwansea93

Roberto? on 15:19 - Dec 4 by Darran

I wish Laudrup came back.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Roberto? on 16:37 - Dec 4 with 1975 viewsDr_Winston

It's one hell of a stretch to give credit for our seven seasons in the Premier League to someone who f*cked off two years before we even got here.

Had Sousa not done such a good job holding the mess he left behind together we probably wouldn't have managed even that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roberto? on 16:41 - Dec 4 with 1955 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 16:37 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

It's one hell of a stretch to give credit for our seven seasons in the Premier League to someone who f*cked off two years before we even got here.

Had Sousa not done such a good job holding the mess he left behind together we probably wouldn't have managed even that.

Exactly.

Roberto? on 17:46 - Dec 4 with 1904 viewsTheResurrection

Roberto? on 16:37 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

No it's not.

Without Martinez there'd be nothing. Jenkins appointed managers in his mould and we kept the same philosophy right through the early years.

Martinez gave us the nous, the platform for a new way of thinking, laid the foundations and paid for what was to become our push for promotion.

To deny Martinez' achievement here at this Club is ridiculous

Roberto? on 17:51 - Dec 4 with 1891 viewsDarran

Roberto? on 17:46 - Dec 4 by TheResurrection

No it's not.

Without Martinez there'd be nothing. Jenkins appointed managers in his mould and we kept the same philosophy right through the early years.

Martinez gave us the nous, the platform for a new way of thinking, laid the foundations and paid for what was to become our push for promotion.

To deny Martinez' achievement here at this Club is ridiculous

Nobody has denied Martinez' achievement here at this Club.

Roberto? on 18:07 - Dec 4 with 1870 viewsLeonWasGod

Roberto? on 10:36 - Dec 4 by costalotta

One thing is for certain. Whilst we may not stay up it will give us a reboot we so desperately need right now. A proper back to basics / a return to the footballing principles yada yada.

Doubt it. If they're sticking with PC no matter what, he'll be packing the middle of the park and grinding out 0-0s in the Championship this time next year.

They must want to stick with him long term. If not there's no logic in keeping him on now.
Roberto? on 18:17 - Dec 4 with 1854 viewsMrSwerve

Roberto? on 14:50 - Dec 4 by jack247

He got sacked and is now an SPL manager.

He certainly struggled as a Liverpool manager, albeit after a superb start.

Rodgers did a great job at Liverpool and very very nearly won the PL with them. The closest they've got in what, 20-25 years?

He's also doing an excellent job at Celtic. Yes pub league and all that, but he's turned them into an absolute machine of a team. Not just winning the SPL but dominating.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Roberto? on 18:26 - Dec 4 with 1831 viewsjack247

Roberto? on 18:17 - Dec 4 by MrSwerve

Rodgers did a great job at Liverpool and very very nearly won the PL with them. The closest they've got in what, 20-25 years?

He's also doing an excellent job at Celtic. Yes pub league and all that, but he's turned them into an absolute machine of a team. Not just winning the SPL but dominating.

He did a superb job in his first season there and fell apart in his second. A bit like a higher level, attractive football playing Paul Clement.

Yeah, he is doing great in the SPL
Roberto? on 18:30 - Dec 4 with 1822 viewsjack247

Roberto? on 16:20 - Dec 4 by Uxbridge

Ha.

I guess it's testament to how far we've fallen away from our footballing ethos that the prospect of his return doesn't turn my stomach. It'd be a bit like taking back the ex who cheated on you over some period of time, emptied the bank account and took all the furniture though ...

I didn’t like the way he left at the time and I still don’t now, but let’s have a bit of context.

The club is currently owned and being run (dragged) by a disinterested hedge fund and a Judas bastard. Martinez chasing the PL dream with Wigan is like the girl who didn’t text back after the first date in comparison to the JTAK brigade.
Roberto? on 18:57 - Dec 4 with 1781 viewsveng9

Roberto? on 18:26 - Dec 4 by jack247

He did a superb job in his first season there and fell apart in his second. A bit like a higher level, attractive football playing Paul Clement.

That's not true. He finished 7th in the first season. It was the second season where he finished 2nd. 6th in the third season.
Roberto? on 19:04 - Dec 4 with 1763 viewscostalotta

Roberto? on 18:07 - Dec 4 by LeonWasGod

Doubt it. If they're sticking with PC no matter what, he'll be packing the middle of the park and grinding out 0-0s in the Championship this time next year.

They must want to stick with him long term. If not there's no logic in keeping him on now.

Eh? Whilst I cannot argue with your PC future prediction I dont recall saying we're not going to stick with him (pc) or definitely appoint RM. it's all talk.
Roberto? on 19:32 - Dec 4 with 1711 viewsjack247

Roberto? on 18:57 - Dec 4 by veng9

That's not true. He finished 7th in the first season. It was the second season where he finished 2nd. 6th in the third season.

My apologies, he was there longer than I remembered.
Roberto? on 09:56 - Dec 5 with 1570 viewswaynekerr55

Roberto? on 18:26 - Dec 4 by jack247

One might argue that he was the fall guy for FSG's transfer strategy.

Discuss...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Roberto? on 10:01 - Dec 5 with 1560 viewsWarwickHunt

Roberto? on 18:30 - Dec 4 by jack247

I didn’t like the way he left at the time and I still don’t now, but let’s have a bit of context.

The club is currently owned and being run (dragged) by a disinterested hedge fund and a Judas bastard. Martinez chasing the PL dream with Wigan is like the girl who didn’t text back after the first date in comparison to the JTAK brigade.

The last thing a hedge fund could be is disinterested...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024