Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Siggy Update 07:19 - Jul 28 with 28146 viewsSTID2017

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gylfi-sigurdssons-exit
Looks like he's staying
Great - now let's concentrate on Swans, rather than other teams

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Another Siggy Update on 23:58 - Jul 30 with 6424 viewsSwansea93

Wonder if he'll be in the training gallery tomorrow.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Another Siggy Update on 21:11 - Sep 14 with 6149 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 20:07 - Jul 29 by jack247

Wouldn't expect anything else really. Do you really think Everton haven't done their homework, or that they are going to blast the best part of £50m for his free kicks?

Classic Jack247

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Another Siggy Update on 21:12 - Sep 14 with 6143 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 07:23 - Jul 30 by jack247

Incorrect. The other 70-80 teams have looked at him and thought - he isn't worth £50m - which is what the majority on here seem to be saying. I wouldn't think many are looking at him and thinking - bang average midfielder- only you think that.

Perhaps you really do understand football better than Ronald Keenan, I highly bloody doubt it though.

This isn't American football, teams don't sign players just to take set pieces.

You should add a bit of balance to your posts. Everyone knows he isn't Neymar, he isn't average either.

Edit - Ronald Koeman
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 8:27]

Another beauty

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Another Siggy Update on 21:17 - Sep 14 with 6131 viewsSTID2017

Another Siggy Update on 21:12 - Sep 14 by TheResurrection

Another beauty

I wouldn't start having a go at what others posted previously if I were you Chris.
Gylfi and Llorente didn't feature in most of our pre-season games and of course have played for us in the PL this season.
So where is the free flowing football you promised, and why aren't we tearing the league apart now that your favourite two have gone ?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 7:25]

Another Siggy Update on 21:30 - Sep 14 with 6098 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 21:17 - Sep 14 by STID2017

I wouldn't start having a go at what others posted previously if I were you Chris.
Gylfi and Llorente didn't feature in most of our pre-season games and of course have played for us in the PL this season.
So where is the free flowing football you promised, and why aren't we tearing the league apart now that your favourite two have gone ?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 7:25]

We still have time to gel. That was our first game after the window with new personnel. Bony has played just 21 minutes, Sanches is ring rusty, Clucas was making his home debut after a good performance in our away win.

Clement is unsure about our shape, which isn't great and I've been told he doesn't like wingers, which I find slightly concerning.

But all that said and done we were 100% correct to get rid of those 2 ordinary Joes for £60m. We're a better squad with more options even now, we also have money in the bank for January. A mere 12/14 weeks or so.

You haven't got the best posting history ofd boy, but if you're going down this line of attack at least come back when Bony's playing regularly. A couple more weeks....

Another Siggy Update on 21:41 - Sep 14 with 6057 viewsSTID2017

Another Siggy Update on 21:30 - Sep 14 by TheResurrection

We still have time to gel. That was our first game after the window with new personnel. Bony has played just 21 minutes, Sanches is ring rusty, Clucas was making his home debut after a good performance in our away win.

Clement is unsure about our shape, which isn't great and I've been told he doesn't like wingers, which I find slightly concerning.

But all that said and done we were 100% correct to get rid of those 2 ordinary Joes for £60m. We're a better squad with more options even now, we also have money in the bank for January. A mere 12/14 weeks or so.

You haven't got the best posting history ofd boy, but if you're going down this line of attack at least come back when Bony's playing regularly. A couple more weeks....

I think Wilf is one of our best players and was happy to see him back.
I have no doubt he can produce the goods, and deep down I am sure the other newbies will come good.
Clement is hesitant to make changes at times, but overall is a good manager.
However, I don't think he or the players have the confidence ATM to produce the free flowing Barca type football you posted about many times.
As for not having "the best posting history" the last 12 months has been your year for posting opinions that very few agreed with.

Another Siggy Update on 22:11 - Sep 14 with 5992 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 21:41 - Sep 14 by STID2017

I think Wilf is one of our best players and was happy to see him back.
I have no doubt he can produce the goods, and deep down I am sure the other newbies will come good.
Clement is hesitant to make changes at times, but overall is a good manager.
However, I don't think he or the players have the confidence ATM to produce the free flowing Barca type football you posted about many times.
As for not having "the best posting history" the last 12 months has been your year for posting opinions that very few agreed with.

not at the time they didn't...

Another Siggy Update on 06:58 - Sep 15 with 5879 viewsdobjack2

Another Siggy Update on 22:11 - Sep 14 by TheResurrection

Oh yes they did....
Login to get fewer ads

Another Siggy Update on 09:03 - Sep 15 with 5799 viewsjack247

Another Siggy Update on 22:11 - Sep 14 by TheResurrection

Mainly because they were wrong at the time
Another Siggy Update on 09:19 - Sep 15 with 5790 viewswhoflungdung

Hope we can wean ourselves off Everton fc

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Another Siggy Update on 09:25 - Sep 15 with 5774 viewsLoyal

Another Siggy Update on 09:19 - Sep 15 by whoflungdung

Hope we can wean ourselves off Everton fc

It's the other way round.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Another Siggy Update on 21:48 - Oct 30 with 5193 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 22:53 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

Yes, I think they've done their homework - the same as the other 70 to 80 teams in Europe's Elite leagues have.

99% of those elite teams homework's say - steer clear - ordinary midfielder with no pace
1% say - set piece king, we can do something with him in narrow, slow formations.

Koeman, who will live to regret this, mark my words, is in the 1%. The other is a rookie coach at Leicester primed for the first casualty of the EPL sack race.

How many more times, like?? ;-)
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 22:57]

Uncanny...

Box office stuff.

Another Siggy Update on 21:53 - Oct 30 with 5175 viewsRancid

Let's just say and roll with that it hasn't started off too well but we've the players to turn it round and a manager who needs to learn very very quickly or someone else gets the opportunity.
Another Siggy Update on 21:53 - Oct 30 with 5173 viewsNirvana

Another Siggy Update on 21:48 - Oct 30 by TheResurrection

Uncanny...

Box office stuff.

How's the wife and kids?

Waiting around for daddy again?

Nah, they know what "family time" is by now, surely.

Chrissy Wissy in a dark corner staring longingly at his Gylfi shrine and frantically typing his little insignificant heart out.

Truly "box office stuff" you pathetic old loser.
Another Siggy Update on 21:56 - Oct 30 with 5154 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 21:53 - Oct 30 by Nirvana

How's the wife and kids?

Chrissy Wissy in a dark corner staring longingly at his Gylfi shrine and frantically typing his little insignificant heart out.

Highest level very, very soon..........

Bottom 3

Another Siggy Update on 21:57 - Oct 30 with 5150 viewsRancid

Another Siggy Update on 21:53 - Oct 30 by Nirvana

How's the wife and kids?

He sure has got under your skin man ✌
Another Siggy Update on 22:05 - Oct 30 with 5126 viewsNirvana

Another Siggy Update on 21:57 - Oct 30 by Rancid

He sure has got under your skin man ✌

He's an online pussy, they're the ffukkingg worst. I don't take sshitt in the real world from little bbitchess and I don't the few times I venture onto the online world, either.

And I'm more taking one for the majority of PS here, as most have completely given up fighting it, are resigned to Chrissy Wissy being Chrissy Wussy, or are scared of addressing it because they know what's coming.

None of those are me. He's a 'facking' clown and loser and I'm happy to serve up a fraction of the bbullsshitt he does, if it means he's directing it at just me. And he spent months of months doing just that, in which I mostly remained civil.

So, yeah "under my skin", I guess.
Another Siggy Update on 22:08 - Oct 30 with 5108 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 22:05 - Oct 30 by Nirvana

He's an online pussy, they're the ffukkingg worst. I don't take sshitt in the real world from little bbitchess and I don't the few times I venture onto the online world, either.

And I'm more taking one for the majority of PS here, as most have completely given up fighting it, are resigned to Chrissy Wissy being Chrissy Wussy, or are scared of addressing it because they know what's coming.

None of those are me. He's a 'facking' clown and loser and I'm happy to serve up a fraction of the bbullsshitt he does, if it means he's directing it at just me. And he spent months of months doing just that, in which I mostly remained civil.

So, yeah "under my skin", I guess.

Do you know what Jay Neath.... You're absolutely bang on mate, it is facking Davilin

Another Siggy Update on 22:09 - Oct 30 with 5100 viewsNirvana

Another Siggy Update on 22:08 - Oct 30 by TheResurrection

Do you know what Jay Neath.... You're absolutely bang on mate, it is facking Davilin

To Rancid:

Looks like I've gotten pretty far under his skin too.

Enjoy mate.
Another Siggy Update on 08:14 - Nov 4 with 4801 viewsSTID2017

Another Siggy Update on 21:48 - Oct 30 by TheResurrection

Uncanny...

Box office stuff.

Have you got tonight's lottery numbers ?
Oh to be so wise ...

Another Siggy Update on 09:30 - Nov 4 with 4760 viewsTheResurrection

Another Siggy Update on 08:14 - Nov 4 by STID2017

Have you got tonight's lottery numbers ?
Oh to be so wise ...

I never hated Siggy even though that's how it's come across the last 11 months, but I found myself looking at his performances and away from the free kicks and corners he was generally poor. Hewasn't deserving of all the plaudits. The more people stuck up for him the more I argued the points I was making, then it got out of hand.
But he's never ever going to make a team who's looking to get into Europe or even the Champions League places better.

He genuinely is a limited, average Premier League player.

5, 21. 35, 16, 44, 28

Another Siggy Update on 10:51 - Nov 4 with 4731 viewsSTID2017

Another Siggy Update on 09:30 - Nov 4 by TheResurrection

I never hated Siggy even though that's how it's come across the last 11 months, but I found myself looking at his performances and away from the free kicks and corners he was generally poor. Hewasn't deserving of all the plaudits. The more people stuck up for him the more I argued the points I was making, then it got out of hand.
But he's never ever going to make a team who's looking to get into Europe or even the Champions League places better.

He genuinely is a limited, average Premier League player.

5, 21. 35, 16, 44, 28

Quite a few posters ageeed with your views on what he could achieve elsewhere.
Where they disagreed clearly is that certainly the second half in particular of last season (and possibly this season - who knows ?) where him and Llorente contributed so many goals and assists that were vital to us staying up.
If PC or any replacement can get the team playing in an entrrtaining style, scoring and winning, then the decision to sell Gylfi & Llorente could be justified.
Sorry but seen nothing so far to really suggest any real upsurge in our fortunes, but there is a long way to go.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024