Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Siggy Update 07:19 - Jul 28 with 28144 viewsSTID2017

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gylfi-sigurdssons-exit
Looks like he's staying
Great - now let's concentrate on Swans, rather than other teams

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Another Siggy Update on 09:35 - Jul 29 with 3146 viewsSPboy

Another Siggy Update on 07:51 - Jul 29 by NOTRAC

Accounts and tax work in a strange way as far as football is concerned.Profits on player sales are based on amortised values. The amortised value of Williams was virtually nil.Ayew's was similar because we paid no transfer fee.
Purchases of players cannot be charged in full (unless bought on a one year contract).
Cost of players mentioned would be written to accounts over period of their contract.Value of Sigurdsson in accounts is relatively low. Cost £10m less amortisation over three years with allowance for signing new contract.Therefore most of transfer proceeds less agents costs etc added to accounts. Not good idea when £30m profit already there.
Safest bet in football? Sigurdsson will not be officially transferred next Monday, July 31st.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 7:53]

If this 31st July is the issue, will it be like this every season? Puts us at a major disadvantage if true whatever division we are in
Another Siggy Update on 09:44 - Jul 29 with 3115 viewsNOTRAC

Another Siggy Update on 09:35 - Jul 29 by SPboy

If this 31st July is the issue, will it be like this every season? Puts us at a major disadvantage if true whatever division we are in

Absolutely.
If Sigurdsson goes and makes an accounts profit of say £35m , any profit on player sales before 31July 2018 will be additional in those accounts.
An ongoing problem that needs sorting out.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Another Siggy Update on 10:00 - Jul 29 with 3077 viewsWhiterockin

Another Siggy Update on 09:44 - Jul 29 by NOTRAC

Absolutely.
If Sigurdsson goes and makes an accounts profit of say £35m , any profit on player sales before 31July 2018 will be additional in those accounts.
An ongoing problem that needs sorting out.

We changed the date a couple of seasons ago didn't we? Can we not move it to June 30th the day before the window opens?
Another Siggy Update on 10:07 - Jul 29 with 3055 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Another Siggy Update on 17:36 - Jul 28 by Oldjack

bollocks i and many others much rather he stays ,fuk the money

Don't be daft all of your life. He will be playing with a chip on his shoulder because he didn't get his dream move to CL elect Everton whilst in the meantime we have no money for bringing fresh players in. FFS get a grip

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Another Siggy Update on 10:09 - Jul 29 with 3043 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Another Siggy Update on 19:47 - Jul 28 by Swans777

That's a rather simplistic way of looking at it.
Using your logic, you'd have no players at the club, because I'd imagine they'd all want to leave for £60,000 a week increase in their wages.

I hope he stays, one of the best players, ever to have put on a Swans shirt.

Your last sentence is wildly exaggerated. Nowhere near.

Another Siggy Update on 10:10 - Jul 29 with 3039 viewsWhiterockin

Another Siggy Update on 10:07 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Don't be daft all of your life. He will be playing with a chip on his shoulder because he didn't get his dream move to CL elect Everton whilst in the meantime we have no money for bringing fresh players in. FFS get a grip

It would be FAF if he signed for Everton on Tuesday and they were dumped out of Europe on Thursday.
Another Siggy Update on 10:17 - Jul 29 with 3002 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Another Siggy Update on 09:16 - Jul 29 by SPboy

We'll see how crazy & how far £40m goes by who we get in. Prepare for major disappointment & certain relegation battle, unable to score goals at one end & found out at the other. Such a shame that when we should be strengthening for survival, we are actually planning for failure.

We've just spent 11 million on a holding midfielder and will spend to replace GS.
We've added a very good loanee from Chelsea and have cleared some wages/deadwood to make room. I think you're being a tad pessimistic there. The new owners know how close we came to losing the goose that lays the golden egg (PL) last season so expect some players to help improve us further in the coming days .

If they don't then you're the visionary and I'm the hopeless optimist.

Another Siggy Update on 10:19 - Jul 29 with 2993 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Another Siggy Update on 10:10 - Jul 29 by Whiterockin

It would be FAF if he signed for Everton on Tuesday and they were dumped out of Europe on Thursday.

It would be delicious. And if old Wayne kept him out of the side

Login to get fewer ads

Another Siggy Update on 12:47 - Jul 29 with 2748 viewsjack247

Another Siggy Update on 10:09 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

He is certainly one of the best players of our most successful period. Playing against global, rather than predominately British, opposition. I wouldn't say it's wildly exaggerated at all.

I'd still sell him though.
Another Siggy Update on 13:29 - Jul 29 with 2628 viewsFlashberryjack

Another Siggy Update on 10:17 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

We've just spent 11 million on a holding midfielder and will spend to replace GS.
We've added a very good loanee from Chelsea and have cleared some wages/deadwood to make room. I think you're being a tad pessimistic there. The new owners know how close we came to losing the goose that lays the golden egg (PL) last season so expect some players to help improve us further in the coming days .

We also sold Cork for £8 million and Gomis £?

Probably our net spend is pretty close to zero, if we do sell Siggy I doubt very much if more than half the fee is spent on the team.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Another Siggy Update on 13:55 - Jul 29 with 2520 viewsoldcob

Another Siggy Update on 12:47 - Jul 29 by jack247

He is certainly one of the best players of our most successful period. Playing against global, rather than predominately British, opposition. I wouldn't say it's wildly exaggerated at all.

I'd still sell him though.

I can't work out why Everton want him. They have Rooney to take the free kicks and Baines will take the penalties. Purely as a mid fielder Siggy is very ordinary indeed. Worth the money to us because we have no-one nearly as good as him at dead ball situations, but I can understand why Everton won't pay £50 million for him.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 14:00]
Another Siggy Update on 13:58 - Jul 29 with 2504 viewsLoyal

Another Siggy Update on 10:17 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Eternal optimism is a gift 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Another Siggy Update on 14:24 - Jul 29 with 2447 viewsowainglyndwr

Another Siggy Update on 13:58 - Jul 29 by Loyal

Hope have a replacement in our sights, he wants to go and looks like the move will be sorted early next week
Another Siggy Update on 14:55 - Jul 29 with 2352 viewsFlashberryjack

Another Siggy Update on 13:58 - Jul 29 by Loyal

That very often disappoints....especially if you support the Swans

Hello

Another Siggy Update on 16:26 - Jul 29 with 2166 viewsjack247

Another Siggy Update on 13:55 - Jul 29 by oldcob

I can't work out why Everton want him. They have Rooney to take the free kicks and Baines will take the penalties. Purely as a mid fielder Siggy is very ordinary indeed. Worth the money to us because we have no-one nearly as good as him at dead ball situations, but I can understand why Everton won't pay £50 million for him.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 14:00]

This set piece merchant reputation doesn't do him justice. He isn't very quick and he can't beat a man, but that aside he is a very good midfielder.

I'm not sure he is a £50m midfielder by any stretch, but I'm not sure he always gets the credit he deserves.
Another Siggy Update on 17:35 - Jul 29 with 2032 viewsTummer_from_Texas

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Another Siggy Update on 17:36 - Jul 29 with 2028 viewstomdickharry

No doubt a considered decision by our owners,with the full agreement of Mr Clement that Siggy didn't play today. Get the feeling now that come next week he will be gone,just hope that the £50M transfer fee is met and that Mr Clement recruits well with most if not all of the fee.
Another Siggy Update on 17:42 - Jul 29 with 1987 viewsTummer_from_Texas

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Another Siggy Update on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 1892 viewsFlashberryjack

Another Siggy Update on 17:36 - Jul 29 by tomdickharry

No doubt a considered decision by our owners,with the full agreement of Mr Clement that Siggy didn't play today. Get the feeling now that come next week he will be gone,just hope that the £50M transfer fee is met and that Mr Clement recruits well with most if not all of the fee.

If you think Clement will be given half of the Siggy money to recruit new players, you're going to be very disappointed indeed.

Hello

Another Siggy Update on 18:02 - Jul 29 with 1852 viewsOldjack

Could this go to a tribunal ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Another Siggy Update on 18:02 - Jul 29 with 1854 viewsSwansea93

It was decided between me and the club, and him also, that it was the best decision for everybody involved that he wouldn't take part in games at this point," said Clement.

"As I said recently, we want a resolution to this situation soon. It's not something we want and we will not be allowing to drag on right until the deadline. This is something we are going to get sorted as soon as possible.

"I have no doubt that he'll be ready for us if necessary because I've seen him working hard day in day out. He'll be back training with the first team on Monday when we re-join.
"For me the deadline, I want it to be imminently."

"I know that Gylfi is a player of Swansea. He has three years left on his contract. He's a very good player and we rate him very highly. We want him to stay. But at the same time, if another club wants him they have to play what the club feels is the right valuation for the player.

"I've really enjoyed working with him and I think, either situation, assuming it's done in the right way at the right time, it's going to be a win win for us as a club.

"We're either going to get the valuation we want which will enable us to reinvest and improve in the team or he stays and we manage to keep a very good player."

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:16 - Jul 29 with 1753 viewsSPboy

Another Siggy Update on 18:31 - Jul 29 with 1646 viewsSPboy

34 goals in 121 PL appearances for the Swans (wiki) means that Siggy has scored more top league goals than any other Swansea player ... ever. That's 1 goal every 3.5 games ... for a midfielder in the top division in a mid table team. Goodness knows how many assists.

It looks likely that we will get double our highest ever transfer fee for him.

For many he will be rated as one of the best to wear the shirt. Out of interest what criteria do you use for rating players wearing the shirt ??
Another Siggy Update on 18:58 - Jul 29 with 1548 viewsraynor94

Another Siggy Update on 18:02 - Jul 29 by Oldjack

Could this go to a tribunal ?

No, he's under contract to us, I'd just take Everton's offer and strengthen the squad, gone on for far to long

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Another Siggy Update on 19:12 - Jul 29 with 1504 viewstomdickharry

Another Siggy Update on 17:54 - Jul 29 by Flashberryjack

If you think Clement will be given half of the Siggy money to recruit new players, you're going to be very disappointed indeed.

We will just have to wait and see,however,if as an example Mr Clement recruits players costing £30M then add to that wages over contractual periods and the £50M transfer fee could be fully utilised.Next week should be interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024