Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu Retires 20:52 - Jul 16 with 11974 viewsMagic_Michu

Such a shame... one of the best players I've ever seen where our shirt. That season winning the League Cup will probably never be beaten.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Michu Retires on 22:02 - Jul 18 with 984 viewsGwyn737

Scored all types of goals against all levels of teams. A joy to watch.
Michu Retires on 10:55 - Jul 19 with 900 viewsMarinaJack

Michu Retires on 17:56 - Jul 17 by Brynmill_Jack

The greatest ever Swansea City player. That's Michu. One of the best finishers I've ever seen in this country too. The second goal against QPR away on his debut was one of the best I've seen.

For fans screaming "he's no legend compared to Roger and Cornforth because he was only with us two seasons" WT absolute f*ck????

He was the best player in the best and most successful f*cking team we've EVER had! Just because he never played against Orient away is no reason to strip him of his well deserved legendary status!

Well he was good but clearly not the best ever. if we take into account guys from Swansea town days eg ivor, cliffy jones etc they were far better.

From the modern era latchford scored more in a season and had a longer career at the top so was a better player, not to mention the loughour lollypop bevvy merchant Leighton James

Michu was class but not the greatest
Michu Retires on 11:58 - Jul 19 with 869 viewsJackSomething

Michu Retires on 13:55 - Jul 17 by bigbony

Michu was missing for the start of the season through injury. Came back for 4 or 5 games in which he only made the bench for 3 and then went out again "injured"... so to say he ran games in his second season I believe that is wrong. His second season was very stop start.

Your memory is faulty mate. He did indeed start the season very well, if not scoring as many as his first season. He played 16 games by the end of October, scoring a respectable 6 goals. That was also when he played for Spain.

It was against Kuban at the Liberty that he picked up a knock (I think this is when he was on the sidelines for ages wanting to come back on) and although he played against West Ham and Cardiff in the following weeks, he didn't look right. He then played a couple of games in December (which are probably the ones you're thinking of), before being out until March and never looking like the same player again sadly.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=54168&season_id=143

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024