Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tower Bridge incident 22:39 - Jun 3 with 20041 viewsbiggar

Reports of an incident on Tower Bridge. Similar to Westminster. Fingers crossed all are ok.
Tower Bridge incident on 13:05 - Jun 4 with 2167 viewsYossarian

Tower Bridge incident on 11:58 - Jun 4 by Darran

My Muslim mate was picking up his daughter in Mumbles an hour after the incident in London last night and a white fella pissed out of his brains approached him and asked him what he thought of what had just happened?
He replied that he thought it was horrendous,with that the white fella leaned towards him and said don't forget we are coming for you lot and then proceeded to get into his car and drive off.

So my mate phoned the police and the fella was arrested for racial hatred and drinking and driving.

That'll learn him. #cuńt

This is another appalling consequence and probably foreseen by the arse holes responsible for the carnage. Thick and stupid people are not confined to one race or religion. In terms of sensible responses, I certainly think the Internet needs to be more stringently regulated and if the social media moguls can't be persuaded to co-operate then the concerted efforts of governments around the world should be used.Easier said than done - but necessary. I also think that Imams and Muslim community leaders need to be more vocal in their condemnation, not only for the Muslim community but to reassure non-Muslims that they understand the consequences for all of us. It will b interesting to see what the background is of the three idiots who were shot. Were they born here and did they become socially alienated? Had they been radicalised abroad or on the UK? Were they refugees and used this as a cover to enter the UK to do it this atrocity? It seems that the one thing these individuals had in common was that they were angry and socially alienated young men who had their anger channelled by the hate preachers. It poses some tough questions about the success of genuine integration and people having a genuine stake in our society and a sense of belonging. Very worrying times.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Tower Bridge incident on 13:20 - Jun 4 with 2119 viewsmagicdaps10

These idiots are achieving a us vs them battle.

The trouble is, many a idiot thinks the them is every muslim in this country. Unfortunately the more times these attacks happen the more people will start stepping over that line in the stand......due to fear, anger and revenge.

Terrorists are winning the battle on that front. I fear it is going too get quite nasty down the line.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tower Bridge incident on 13:21 - Jun 4 with 2113 viewsYossarian

Tower Bridge incident on 12:11 - Jun 4 by plasjack

Enoch Powell had the same prophecy in the 1960's, we are in denial.

Highly educated man though he was, I don't think Powell had the rise of Islamic fundamentalism on his mind when he delivered his 'Rivers of Blood' speech. Respectfully, I suggest you are 'confabulating' a connection here that doesn't exist. The Westminster atrocity was committed by a socially alienated mixed race man who had spent most of his life in white communities. One might argue that his sense of alienation derived from that, and in radical Islam this man found some warped sense of identity. The Manchester bomber was the son of Libyan parents who came here as asylum seekers due to persecution by Gadaffi for their Islamic fundamentalist views. Our duplicitous relationship with Gadaffi over successive governments should be looked at but this idiot had apparently been well integrated as a teenager- going to parties, drinking and taking drugs and had also gone to University. Somewhere he went off the rails and his vulnerability was compounded by the influence of his father. Would Enoch have objected to these refugees coming here in the first place? I the case of last night, let's wait and see, but I will bet the chances are those idiots were British- born and had been fully integrated, hit the skids, got into trouble, become alienated and were identified for indoctrination as they were vulnerable. Integration is important, but retaining a stake in our society, making a contribution and feeling accepted is more important. The challenge is to re-affirm that in a meaningful way rather than moaning that 'Enoch as right'- Where would that end?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Tower Bridge incident on 13:23 - Jun 4 with 2105 viewsrock1n

Tower Bridge incident on 12:22 - Jun 4 by exiledclaseboy

Deport anybody connected? Family, friends, colleagues? Regardless of whether they were involved or not?

Mate I don't know maybe that's too far but something radical has to be done and it might mean things we wouldn't normally contemplate. We have a huge problem in this Country.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Tower Bridge incident on 13:25 - Jun 4 with 2097 viewsNogginthenog

At least 484 civilian deaths in US led coalition air strikes, some agencies report more than that.

This is also a shocking statistic and may go some way to explaining why some people feel so angry and alienated. There is absolutely no excuse for any terrorist atrocity but we have to also realise that our intervention in other countries is part of the problem.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-syria-iraq-air-strikes-
Tower Bridge incident on 13:28 - Jun 4 with 2084 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tower Bridge incident on 13:21 - Jun 4 by Yossarian

Highly educated man though he was, I don't think Powell had the rise of Islamic fundamentalism on his mind when he delivered his 'Rivers of Blood' speech. Respectfully, I suggest you are 'confabulating' a connection here that doesn't exist. The Westminster atrocity was committed by a socially alienated mixed race man who had spent most of his life in white communities. One might argue that his sense of alienation derived from that, and in radical Islam this man found some warped sense of identity. The Manchester bomber was the son of Libyan parents who came here as asylum seekers due to persecution by Gadaffi for their Islamic fundamentalist views. Our duplicitous relationship with Gadaffi over successive governments should be looked at but this idiot had apparently been well integrated as a teenager- going to parties, drinking and taking drugs and had also gone to University. Somewhere he went off the rails and his vulnerability was compounded by the influence of his father. Would Enoch have objected to these refugees coming here in the first place? I the case of last night, let's wait and see, but I will bet the chances are those idiots were British- born and had been fully integrated, hit the skids, got into trouble, become alienated and were identified for indoctrination as they were vulnerable. Integration is important, but retaining a stake in our society, making a contribution and feeling accepted is more important. The challenge is to re-affirm that in a meaningful way rather than moaning that 'Enoch as right'- Where would that end?

What an excellent post.

Poll: Tory leader

Tower Bridge incident on 13:37 - Jun 4 with 2037 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I see prominent member of Momentum and National Union of Students executive Barbara Ntumy has labelled the terrorists "Freedom fighters".

It is scary how these people have infiltrated organisations to the point where they can influence people with such ease, such as brainwashing the people at the Manchester bomber's university's student union not to report him to authorities because the Prevent campaign is apparently racist to Muslims.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tower Bridge incident on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 2033 viewsWingstandwood

Tower Bridge incident on 13:25 - Jun 4 by Nogginthenog

At least 484 civilian deaths in US led coalition air strikes, some agencies report more than that.

This is also a shocking statistic and may go some way to explaining why some people feel so angry and alienated. There is absolutely no excuse for any terrorist atrocity but we have to also realise that our intervention in other countries is part of the problem.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-syria-iraq-air-strikes-

That sh#t excuse for a Middle East peace envoy, politician, Prime Minister and human being Tony Blair has done a Lord Lucan of late......Surprise!....Surprise!

Brexit and pre-election run-up saw him once again crawl from beneath his stone, he'd have to be dragged away kicking and screaming away from the media/press that's helped him whore out (never ever been wrong in his mind) narcissistic opinion(s).

The Iraq war's ISIS created /ISIS inspired blowback of his despicable war crimes/escapades suddenly appears and he with immediate effect disappears.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Tower Bridge incident on 13:41 - Jun 4 with 2019 viewsrock1n

Tower Bridge incident on 13:20 - Jun 4 by magicdaps10

These idiots are achieving a us vs them battle.

The trouble is, many a idiot thinks the them is every muslim in this country. Unfortunately the more times these attacks happen the more people will start stepping over that line in the stand......due to fear, anger and revenge.

Terrorists are winning the battle on that front. I fear it is going too get quite nasty down the line.

I agree with your sentiments, but the problem is the scale and complexity of this issue cannot be solved by locking our arms and singing imagine.

In an ideal World we'd love that turn of events to happen. But this is a huge ideological issue like e.g. communism post World War 2.

Many out there like to bury their heads and believe it's just a 'handful' it's not we're talking a significant minority. This isn't going to go away by drinking tea and wishing it away, it's going to need both a carrot and a stick. There are no easy answers, but one thing is for sure the status quo can't continue. Otherwise we could be in for some very troubling times in the future.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Tower Bridge incident on 13:42 - Jun 4 with 2015 viewsrock1n

Tower Bridge incident on 13:37 - Jun 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I see prominent member of Momentum and National Union of Students executive Barbara Ntumy has labelled the terrorists "Freedom fighters".

It is scary how these people have infiltrated organisations to the point where they can influence people with such ease, such as brainwashing the people at the Manchester bomber's university's student union not to report him to authorities because the Prevent campaign is apparently racist to Muslims.

Please tell me that's a joke

Tower Bridge incident on 13:47 - Jun 4 with 1996 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tower Bridge incident on 13:37 - Jun 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Where did she say this? I can't see it reported anywhere.

Tower Bridge incident on 13:50 - Jun 4 with 1973 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tower Bridge incident on 13:42 - Jun 4 by rock1n

Please tell me that's a joke

Her comments were made in 2014 after an Islamic suicide bomber killed 17.

Tower Bridge incident on 13:50 - Jun 4 with 1975 viewssnork44

Tower Bridge incident on 12:46 - Jun 4 by Headmaster

One of the most disgusting posts I've read on here.

Oh has it upset, your delicate sensibilities, I find the blowing up of eight year girls in Manchester or the mowing down and sliting the throats of innocent people in London far more abhorrent than your Politically Correct views. People are angry and pissed off with our Government sitting on their hands not doing anything in case we offend Achmed, Mohammend or Sadiq's feelings.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Tower Bridge incident on 13:51 - Jun 4 with 1969 viewsrock1n

Well said Theresa May:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40150162/london-attack-theresa-may-says-things-n

As I've said, defence of the realm the first duty of Gov.

Tower Bridge incident on 13:54 - Jun 4 with 1960 viewsmorningstar

Tower Bridge incident on 13:50 - Jun 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

one mans Jihadist/Terrorist is another mans Freedom Fighter #JustSaying

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Tower Bridge incident on 13:55 - Jun 4 with 1947 viewsplasjack

He might have been right wing in his views, and referring to another race, but it also applies to different cultures and religions.
KKK in America another example of hatred, as is the communities in the Middle East who will never integrate with each other due to different religions.
Tower Bridge incident on 13:56 - Jun 4 with 1943 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tower Bridge incident on 13:50 - Jun 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I've found a Daily Mail link which reports her as tweeting "one man's jihadi terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

Tower Bridge incident on 13:58 - Jun 4 with 1930 viewsblueytheblue

NUS view isn't exactly surprising.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tower Bridge incident on 13:59 - Jun 4 with 1925 viewsrock1n

I despise this notion of freedom fighter.

If you target innocent people you Sir are a stain on humanity.

Tower Bridge incident on 14:02 - Jun 4 with 1904 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tower Bridge incident on 13:56 - Jun 4 by exiledclaseboy

I've found a Daily Mail link which reports her as tweeting "one man's jihadi terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

I had a brief look through her Twitter account to find it. I gave up after reading the 10th tweet about how people are only having a go at Diane Abbott because of her skin colour and because she is female.

Tower Bridge incident on 14:04 - Jun 4 with 1898 viewsrock1n

Tower Bridge incident on 14:02 - Jun 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I had a brief look through her Twitter account to find it. I gave up after reading the 10th tweet about how people are only having a go at Diane Abbott because of her skin colour and because she is female.

These people really do exist, how bloody racist is that?

Bless her cotton socks, she's black hasn't she done well

Tower Bridge incident on 14:07 - Jun 4 with 1885 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tower Bridge incident on 13:59 - Jun 4 by rock1n

I despise this notion of freedom fighter.

If you target innocent people you Sir are a stain on humanity.

That second sentence is interesting, morally. Does it apply to nations at war? Or to those fighting what is perceived to be a "just" cause? The ANC in South Africa for example?

Tower Bridge incident on 14:10 - Jun 4 with 1876 viewsLohengrin

"Highly educated man though he was, I don't think Powell had the rise of Islamic fundamentalism on his mind when he delivered his 'Rivers of Blood' speech. Respectfully, I suggest you are 'confabulating' a connection here that doesn't exist."

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Fundamentalism of exactly the stripe we are witnessing now was precisely what prompted Powell to deliver the Birmingham speech. The man knew exactly what clouds were gathering fifty years in advance. Powell wasn't just some bluff, old reactionary as the left try to paint him. The years 1943/46 saw him perform a key role in Indian military intelligence, he was at that time both the youngest Professor and the youngest Brigadier in the British Empire. Fluent in both Hindi and Urdu he bore first-hand witness to the orgy of violence that accompanied Indian partition.

Birmingham saw him willingly sacrifice his career in order to warn his countrymen of the consequences of the folly of allowing asian communalism to take root on these islands...

"... an overriding loyalty to the group would prevent moslems being rational voters or accepting the majority decision when they were in a minority.

This clip is now about fifteen years old. Events have subsequently began to accelerate.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tower Bridge incident on 14:11 - Jun 4 with 1874 viewsrock1n

Tower Bridge incident on 14:07 - Jun 4 by exiledclaseboy

That second sentence is interesting, morally. Does it apply to nations at war? Or to those fighting what is perceived to be a "just" cause? The ANC in South Africa for example?

If you target military targets then I can see some justification, the difference is this scum are actively targeting women and children just people going about their daily lives.

We have conventions in War, as we've seen with the recent conflict in Syria. To target civilian targets is a War crime.

I have issues with killing more generally as someone with some Christian principles of all killing being wrong. I struggle with the moral argument, but I'm not a pacifist, I believe sometimes conflict is inevitable. But to purposely target soft targets is beyond evil

Tower Bridge incident on 14:32 - Jun 4 with 1826 viewsYossarian

Tower Bridge incident on 14:10 - Jun 4 by Lohengrin

"Highly educated man though he was, I don't think Powell had the rise of Islamic fundamentalism on his mind when he delivered his 'Rivers of Blood' speech. Respectfully, I suggest you are 'confabulating' a connection here that doesn't exist."

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Fundamentalism of exactly the stripe we are witnessing now was precisely what prompted Powell to deliver the Birmingham speech. The man knew exactly what clouds were gathering fifty years in advance. Powell wasn't just some bluff, old reactionary as the left try to paint him. The years 1943/46 saw him perform a key role in Indian military intelligence, he was at that time both the youngest Professor and the youngest Brigadier in the British Empire. Fluent in both Hindi and Urdu he bore first-hand witness to the orgy of violence that accompanied Indian partition.

Birmingham saw him willingly sacrifice his career in order to warn his countrymen of the consequences of the folly of allowing asian communalism to take root on these islands...

"... an overriding loyalty to the group would prevent moslems being rational voters or accepting the majority decision when they were in a minority.

This clip is now about fifteen years old. Events have subsequently began to accelerate.

I have lectured and bored people on Powell and chose not to do so on what is essentially an SCFC fans forum. You have your view and I have mine but it's good to have respectful disagreements on here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024