Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway stay or go 14:00 - May 7 with 23399 viewsenfieldargh

Holloway stay or go

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Holloway stay or go on 11:31 - May 8 with 2082 viewsPhildo

I voted stay on the grounds if we change the owners will cock up any replacement anyway.

We need the FFP issue resolved and new owners (who we will need to luck out with) to make any progress as a club.

I do so in full knowledge it will be madcap mayhem from Olly for the next six months and I would say a 60-70% chance of a new manager by November.
Holloway stay or go on 11:38 - May 8 with 2062 viewsNorthernr

I'm just about on the 'go' side, which is very unlike me. I was so optimistic a couple of months back but he's just wild and erratic. The team selections make no sense. The results are awful. He keeps throwing players under the bus - either by doing what he did to Petrasso and Goss v Sheff Wed and Brentford, or just openly saying stuff about Sylla. He's already been allowed one transfer window of half a dozen in and another half a dozen out and now he's talking about doing it again.
Holloway stay or go on 11:45 - May 8 with 2040 viewsRangersw12

Holloway stay or go on 11:38 - May 8 by Northernr

I'm just about on the 'go' side, which is very unlike me. I was so optimistic a couple of months back but he's just wild and erratic. The team selections make no sense. The results are awful. He keeps throwing players under the bus - either by doing what he did to Petrasso and Goss v Sheff Wed and Brentford, or just openly saying stuff about Sylla. He's already been allowed one transfer window of half a dozen in and another half a dozen out and now he's talking about doing it again.

Who would you get in though ?
Holloway stay or go on 11:48 - May 8 with 2025 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

As I heard someone say next to me at half time yesterday. "I've seen us play worse.... But not much". That sums up the season for me really. I think Holloway should stay but only because we keep changing managers and it never makes a difference. It's been a very poor end to a mostly poor season. It doesn't feel like we've moved on at all since last season. In fact it's beginning to feel like we're going backwards.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Holloway stay or go on 11:50 - May 8 with 2014 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Holloway stay or go on 11:45 - May 8 by Rangersw12

Basically, no one has an idea. That said, if we decide to replace Ollie, then let's do so soon, get the new guy in so we can get on with the time honoured tradition of calling for his head come September.

New bloke, utterly clueless, tactically naive and TF and Les have ballsed it up again! Got to go, booooooo!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Holloway stay or go on 11:50 - May 8 with 2014 viewsNorthernr

Well this is the problem isn't it, would you trust the club to get it right?
If Leeds really are shifting Monk I'd be all over him.
Nobody had heard of Wagner in this country when he got the Huddersfield job, not many people had noticed what a good job Smith was doing at Walsall when Brentford got him - QPR are guilty as a club of having very narrow horizons on these things. I suspect the usual names will figure in the betting and we'll just go for one of those.
Holloway stay or go on 11:54 - May 8 with 2004 viewspaulparker

Holloway stay or go on 11:50 - May 8 by Northernr

Nobody had heard of Wagner in this country when he got the Huddersfield job, not many people had noticed what a good job Smith was doing at Walsall when Brentford got him - QPR are guilty as a club of having very narrow horizons on these things. I suspect the usual names will figure in the betting and we'll just go for one of those.

uwe Rosler , Phil Parkinson, paul cook , danny cowley
I wouldn't mind tony Mowbray

all would be a something different and all would be a lot better than olly im afraid

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holloway stay or go on 12:08 - May 8 with 1966 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I quite liked the idea of Karl Robinson before we got Holloway. Seems to be doing an ok job at Charlton now. I've got no idea to be honest. If the club haven't got anyone in mind then think we should stick with ollie.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway stay or go on 12:09 - May 8 with 1966 viewsdaveB

I think if we make a change then we need to be clear what we want and identify someone who has done that before. We did that with Warnock and it worked quite well.

Personally I can't see them sacking Holloway now after he's been allowed to bring Penrice in. A key signing for me this summer is a straight man to join the coaching team. I'd be begging Kenny jackett to come in and help Holloway even if it's only for a few months.
Holloway stay or go on 12:28 - May 8 with 1907 viewsichbinnaughty

Holloway stay or go on 11:04 - May 8 by robith

Would only shout you down because Pardew is an established Premier League manager - there is no way on god's green earth he'd come here

He may have established himself there; but I cannot see any team that would offer him a Prem opportunity any time soon.
And the longer you're out of the game, the more you become forgotten.
Plus, we're in London; and I'm presuming he will be (largely) living within a commutable distance.
He might just fancy a new challenge.
Anyway, that's why I name-checked him.
Holloway stay or go on 12:30 - May 8 with 1902 viewsNortholt_Rs

But that's why we have our DOF - to make sure we expand our horizon for things like finding a good manager, right? Wagner at Huddersfield is a great example of how it should be done. By comparison appointing Holloway is an excellent example of gross incompetence. This season really has been grim.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Holloway stay or go on 12:43 - May 8 with 1863 viewsBromleyHoop

I suppose a middle way could be to dismiss Bircham and the other fella and retain Holloway. We could then bring in one or two good coaches who could sort the team out. Schteve McLaren is doing nothing at the moment, so even on a short term basis for preseason only it would have distinct benefits.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Holloway stay or go on 12:48 - May 8 with 1855 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway stay or go on 11:54 - May 8 by paulparker

uwe Rosler , Phil Parkinson, paul cook , danny cowley
I wouldn't mind tony Mowbray

all would be a something different and all would be a lot better than olly im afraid

Replace IH with JFH in your last sentence and we're just back on the same old merry go round we were on when Ollie took over - depressing
Holloway stay or go on 12:50 - May 8 with 1848 viewsE17hoop

As posted on QPRnet, in the season 2006-07, exactly 10 years ago, we finished 18th with 53 points, the same that we have now. It was before the money came and was just after IH left the first time.

Since then, we've had, including a few caretakers, 20 managers - a little over 2 a season. That's ridiculous.

Look at clubs where we imagine they're as much of a clusterfudge as we are and we'll still batter them into a cocked hat for managerial replacements over the same period - Leeds 15, Orient 11, Hull 8.

Is changing IH again REALLY going to make a difference now and shouldn't we revise our expectations a bit? We are, as Clive pointed out elsewhere, a lower level Champ club and we've met that target this year. Is it wrong to just want some stability?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Holloway stay or go on 12:53 - May 8 with 1831 viewspaulparker

Holloway stay or go on 12:48 - May 8 by PinnerPaul

Replace IH with JFH in your last sentence and we're just back on the same old merry go round we were on when Ollie took over - depressing

no more depressing than losing 6 games on the spin twice and narrowly avoiding the drop , plus getting spanked by Norwich who had the deck chairs out 4 weeks ago we have only been saved by 3 of the worst teams to ever grace the championship
sorry we have to act now, I love olly we all do but its not good enough and its not good enough either from the person who made this appointment
next year we wont have a Rotherham or Blackburn to bail us out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holloway stay or go on 13:13 - May 8 with 1765 viewsdaveB

Holloway stay or go on 12:30 - May 8 by Northolt_Rs

But that's why we have our DOF - to make sure we expand our horizon for things like finding a good manager, right? Wagner at Huddersfield is a great example of how it should be done. By comparison appointing Holloway is an excellent example of gross incompetence. This season really has been grim.

The last 2 times we've appointed a manager we didn't go with the one that our DOF picked, the board preferred Hasselbaink to Rowett and last time went with Holloway over Rowett although they did make an approach for Rowett which he turned down.
Holloway stay or go on 13:40 - May 8 with 1699 viewsThe_Mole

Holloway stay or go on 13:13 - May 8 by daveB

The last 2 times we've appointed a manager we didn't go with the one that our DOF picked, the board preferred Hasselbaink to Rowett and last time went with Holloway over Rowett although they did make an approach for Rowett which he turned down.

"The last 2 times we've appointed a manager we didn't go with the one that our DOF picked..."

Where are you getting this info from?

Ollie was Les' choice and the board agreed, hence why we are relying on the old brigade to save us, or appease the fans.
Holloway stay or go on 13:42 - May 8 with 1693 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought it was the wrong appointment at the time, however the one thing I would give him, is the recruitment in the last transfer window was better than the last 3 or 4 put together. When I looked at the squad at the start of the season I thought we were certs for relegation, we had no goals in the side, lacked pace and creativity and were so boring that I dont think I could have stomached a season of it.

The worry is both our losing spells coincided with trying to play 4-3-3 , and getting over run for both of them with no defensive protection and no wisth. They both involved a huge amount of complacency and unnecessary experimentation When we have played well its been with 3 at the back and a consistent side. Holloway is overplaying his role, and frankly needs to step back, look back and recognize that he probably cost us as many points as he gained us. He needs to understand that making all your players have to think all the time instead of being drilled to do 70% automatically is the road to ruin. He needs to foster a team spirit , and buy some bloody good defenders.

We however need to recognize how poor that squad is and how over hyped the likes of Luongo and Shodipo are.

I think Holloway has burnt a lot of bridges unnecessarily with the fans and in my head he has given himself 10 games at the start of next season. The guy either promotes or relegates sides so we will know soon enough
Holloway stay or go on 13:46 - May 8 with 1674 viewssimmo

Holloway stay or go on 13:40 - May 8 by The_Mole

"The last 2 times we've appointed a manager we didn't go with the one that our DOF picked..."

Ollie was Les' choice and the board agreed, hence why we are relying on the old brigade to save us, or appease the fans.

'Ollie was Les' choice and the board agreed'

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Holloway stay or go on 13:46 - May 8 with 1674 viewsFDC

Holloway stay or go on 13:42 - May 8 by baz_qpr

I thought it was the wrong appointment at the time, however the one thing I would give him, is the recruitment in the last transfer window was better than the last 3 or 4 put together. When I looked at the squad at the start of the season I thought we were certs for relegation, we had no goals in the side, lacked pace and creativity and were so boring that I dont think I could have stomached a season of it.

The worry is both our losing spells coincided with trying to play 4-3-3 , and getting over run for both of them with no defensive protection and no wisth. They both involved a huge amount of complacency and unnecessary experimentation When we have played well its been with 3 at the back and a consistent side. Holloway is overplaying his role, and frankly needs to step back, look back and recognize that he probably cost us as many points as he gained us. He needs to understand that making all your players have to think all the time instead of being drilled to do 70% automatically is the road to ruin. He needs to foster a team spirit , and buy some bloody good defenders.

We however need to recognize how poor that squad is and how over hyped the likes of Luongo and Shodipo are.

I think Holloway has burnt a lot of bridges unnecessarily with the fans and in my head he has given himself 10 games at the start of next season. The guy either promotes or relegates sides so we will know soon enough

I think Holloway has burnt a lot of bridges unnecessarily with the fans and in my head he has given himself 10 games at the start of next season.

As sad as it would be, I'd honestly rather launch Holloway now then do it 10 games in and have another QPR trade-marked Season Of Consolidation.
Holloway stay or go on 13:47 - May 8 with 1665 viewsnadera78

Holloway's asked for 2 more transfer windows to get the job done. By my reckoning that'll be 10-12 players, to go with the half dozen this past January. In other words, more or less an entire squad. Although no doubt some of the 'must haves' from 4 months ago will be out of favour by now, likewise some of those he brings in this summer by the time Christmas rolls around.

I don't mean this to sound rude, but I think IH has ADHD. Listen to him talking, about any subject, or look at his team selections, the way players come in and out of favour, the changes of formation week to week - in games it happens within minutes of his previous changes. He can't sit still and see if something works, give it time to play out. He always has to be changing, fidgeting, trying something different. It's exhausting to watch, god knows how the players feel about it all.
Holloway stay or go on 13:56 - May 8 with 1640 viewsJamesB1979

McInnes by saying "punching above weight" ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39839280) is to me saying he's taken Aberdeen as far as they can go. Especially now in cup final against Celtic. He's realistic, experienced (but young) and has made Aberdeen No. 2 team consistently on a tight budget (probably less than ours). He had 1 good season and 1 bad in the championship. I think he would jump at the chance to prove himself in England.
Holloway stay or go on 14:01 - May 8 with 1625 viewsThe_Mole

Holloway stay or go on 13:46 - May 8 by simmo

'Ollie was Les' choice and the board agreed'

The horses' mouth!

Had a very brief but interesting chat after the Forrest game. Shared my views and opinions and Les was very honest and to the point.

Admitted he wasn't perfect and doesn't have the vast experience this role requires but has the club's best interest at heart and feels Ollie and Birch are the right team to lead us forward.
Holloway stay or go on 14:10 - May 8 with 1605 viewsDannytheR

Holloway stay or go on 14:01 - May 8 by The_Mole

The horses' mouth!

Had a very brief but interesting chat after the Forrest game. Shared my views and opinions and Les was very honest and to the point.

Admitted he wasn't perfect and doesn't have the vast experience this role requires but has the club's best interest at heart and feels Ollie and Birch are the right team to lead us forward.

Would have loved to have seen that conversation.

"Yes, man with slightly suspect Eddie Murphy online avatar, I've been following your postings on popular QPR messageboard LFW for a while now, and I've realised you're absolutely right about me. At the time I took the job at the club, or stole it really if I'm honest, I had hoped to pull the wool over the fans' eyes about my lack of ability, but thanks to you, The Mole, I've really started to appreciate just how little experience I have and that my time here has been marked by serial incompetence. I can only hope that it's OK with you if I do stay on in at least some capacity at the club, although of course if you feel otherwise, I'll make sure to have my desk clear by Monday"

"Thanks to your insightful postings, I've also now sacked all my mates, who were only here because of my agenda, and am now walking to Neil Warnock's house to apologise to him personally for never previously recognising his genius. Also, I would never tell anyone else this but between us, I fking did do the Blue Peter garden. And can I just thank you again before I go?"
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:14]
Holloway stay or go on 14:15 - May 8 with 1581 viewsThe_Mole

Holloway stay or go on 14:10 - May 8 by DannytheR

Would have loved to have seen that conversation.

"Yes, man with slightly suspect Eddie Murphy online avatar, I've been following your postings on popular QPR messageboard LFW for a while now, and I've realised you're absolutely right about me. At the time I took the job at the club, or stole it really if I'm honest, I had hoped to pull the wool over the fans' eyes about my lack of ability, but thanks to you, The Mole, I've really started to appreciate just how little experience I have and that my time here has been marked by serial incompetence. I can only hope that it's OK with you if I do stay on in at least some capacity at the club, although of course if you feel otherwise, I'll make sure to have my desk clear by Monday"

"Thanks to your insightful postings, I've also now sacked all my mates, who were only here because of my agenda, and am now walking to Neil Warnock's house to apologise to him personally for never previously recognising his genius. Also, I would never tell anyone else this but between us, I fking did do the Blue Peter garden. And can I just thank you again before I go?"
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:14]

Danny the R - HA HA HA HA

I love your replies - I had a sixth sense it would be something like that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024