Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? 17:07 - Feb 8 with 3180 viewstrampie

When BBC Wales were showing Wales six nations games they did some cracking adverts for matches, the other countries seemed to take it all in good part except the English and they had an advert pulled, claiming all sorts, that's all it was was various people in Ireland, Wales, France, Italy and Scotland jerseys shouting England, street scenes, pub scenes, individuals, groups etc, then came the punch line, sub titles came across the bottom of the screen saying, sport is not just about who you want to win but who you want to lose also.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 09:43 - Feb 9 with 2206 viewstrampie

Just seen one, a person is asked what is good about England ?...............and they cant answer, there is a lot of oohing and aahing, urhing and hmming but the person cant answer what's good about England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 09:46 - Feb 9 with 2205 viewsdickythorpe

Well Eddie Jones is doing nothing to help his team this week!!!
All the media soundbites coming from Twickers is just him!

What a boring kent he really is
Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 10:42 - Feb 9 with 2177 viewsjack247

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 09:46 - Feb 9 by dickythorpe

Well Eddie Jones is doing nothing to help his team this week!!!
All the media soundbites coming from Twickers is just him!

What a boring kent he really is

Eddie Jones is a Bob Bradley who is good at his job.
Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 13:17 - Feb 9 with 2124 viewsdickythorpe

He's dropped Jonny May to the bench!!! WOW!!!!
Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 13:19 - Feb 9 with 2119 viewsswanjackal

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 13:17 - Feb 9 by dickythorpe

He's dropped Jonny May to the bench!!! WOW!!!!

Resting him for the bigger games?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 2097 viewsraynor94

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 09:43 - Feb 9 by trampie

Just seen one, a person is asked what is good about England ?...............and they cant answer, there is a lot of oohing and aahing, urhing and hmming but the person cant answer what's good about England.

What a load of parochial rubbish embarrassing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 14:00 - Feb 9 with 2086 viewssbwng

As long as we beat the English, eh Trampie? No wonder people point and laugh

Goulet

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 16:08 - Feb 9 with 2025 viewsperchrockjack

Welsh love beating the English but the English aren't really arsed.

It's true

It's obsessional narrow minded crap

Narrow valleys narrow minds

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 17:36 - Feb 9 with 1982 viewsswanjackal

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 16:08 - Feb 9 by perchrockjack

It's true

Oi, not all Welsh, I couldn't give a toss either way who wins :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 17:38 - Feb 9 with 1976 viewsDarran

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 17:36 - Feb 9 by swanjackal

Oi, not all Welsh, I couldn't give a toss either way who wins :p

Come on England.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 17:40 - Feb 9 with 1973 viewsswanjackal

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 17:38 - Feb 9 by Darran

Come on England.

I did so last night, the wife is from over the border.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 17:41 - Feb 9 with 1971 viewslondonlisa2001

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 16:08 - Feb 9 by perchrockjack

It's true

Yes they are. All rugby supporters I know up here care just as much about beating Wales as we do about beating England. They look forward to the game more than any other.
Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:06 - Feb 9 with 1953 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/bbc-wales-six-nations-trailer-sparks-fur

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:12 - Feb 9 with 1950 viewsunion_jack

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:06 - Feb 9 by Darran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/bbc-wales-six-nations-trailer-sparks-fur

Not just me then. Those tweets sum up my feelings on it all. In fact, I didn't know there had been this reaction until now but I was discussing it with friends at lunch today. Very small minded and embarrassing.

As for the second comment down the bottom, if he thinks the Welsh wouldn't bleat if it was the other way around, he is sadly deluded. We'd see it in bucket loads!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:28 - Feb 9 with 1930 viewsMrSwerve

Christ, some people live to be offended.

Get a grip. It's called banter.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 1927 viewssiralan

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 17:41 - Feb 9 by londonlisa2001

Yes they are. All rugby supporters I know up here care just as much about beating Wales as we do about beating England. They look forward to the game more than any other.

You only have to look at the comments on the BBC rugby website.They hate losing to the Welsh more than any other country.
Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:31 - Feb 9 with 1923 viewsMrSwerve

Another opportunity to bash 1)Wales and 2)Rugby.

It's like clockwork on here fair play.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:31 - Feb 9 with 1923 viewsunion_jack

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:28 - Feb 9 by MrSwerve

Christ, some people live to be offended.

Get a grip. It's called banter.

If it causes offence you can't dress it up as banter.

This wasn't a funny one. Other years have been good but not this one.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:34 - Feb 9 with 1918 viewsMrSwerve

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:31 - Feb 9 by union_jack

If it causes offence you can't dress it up as banter.

This wasn't a funny one. Other years have been good but not this one.

Welsh people not finding an answer to 'what is great about England' (or whatever it was)...

I hope the offended people manage to recover from this ordeal...ffs.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:37 - Feb 9 with 1916 viewstrampie

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:12 - Feb 9 by union_jack

Not just me then. Those tweets sum up my feelings on it all. In fact, I didn't know there had been this reaction until now but I was discussing it with friends at lunch today. Very small minded and embarrassing.

As for the second comment down the bottom, if he thinks the Welsh wouldn't bleat if it was the other way around, he is sadly deluded. We'd see it in bucket loads!

Oi union_jack, all the Celtic nations love banter, i'm no exception, I can tell you that the Welsh, Scots and Irish take all sorts of jokes off the English and although I'm generalising and there is an exception to every rule, the Welsh, Scots and Irish take it all in good part, but make a joke about the English and often they cant take it, I have written about this on sites like this in the distant past, I think its a colonial thing, they are historically used to having the whip hand and historically can make jokes about others from a position of power now all been equal and all that if a Welsh, Scots or Irish stand up comedian or such like makes a joke about our English friends then some of them often cant take it, they are probably not used to being ribbed by others because of having the upper hand in the colonies.

The video I referred to in the opening post they went nuts, got some ombudsman to take it off air, going to this and that racism body the full hog - many Welsh laughed and thought 'get a life ffs', last night I seen the latest trailer after having posted about missed classic trailers from years gone by and it was good I must admit, even if it was a bit short, seems like some are taking offence again, Welsh Brit Nats taking offence for the delicate little flowers that support the red rose as well as some red rose supporters no doubt.

Grow a pair I say, I'm embarrassed for the little babies that need to be wrapped in cotton wool, this politically correct snowflake generation will ban banter all together at this rate.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:40 - Feb 9 with 1912 viewsblueytheblue

Trampie, the point you're missing is that the banter fails in the fact it's not, you know, actually funny. Nor is it innovative...

It's like the sporting trailer of Miranda sitcoms. Writers sat there, "tee hee we're funny" and the populace sit there with blank stares.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:51 - Feb 9 with 1898 viewsunion_jack

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:37 - Feb 9 by trampie

Oi union_jack, all the Celtic nations love banter, i'm no exception, I can tell you that the Welsh, Scots and Irish take all sorts of jokes off the English and although I'm generalising and there is an exception to every rule, the Welsh, Scots and Irish take it all in good part, but make a joke about the English and often they cant take it, I have written about this on sites like this in the distant past, I think its a colonial thing, they are historically used to having the whip hand and historically can make jokes about others from a position of power now all been equal and all that if a Welsh, Scots or Irish stand up comedian or such like makes a joke about our English friends then some of them often cant take it, they are probably not used to being ribbed by others because of having the upper hand in the colonies.

The video I referred to in the opening post they went nuts, got some ombudsman to take it off air, going to this and that racism body the full hog - many Welsh laughed and thought 'get a life ffs', last night I seen the latest trailer after having posted about missed classic trailers from years gone by and it was good I must admit, even if it was a bit short, seems like some are taking offence again, Welsh Brit Nats taking offence for the delicate little flowers that support the red rose as well as some red rose supporters no doubt.

Grow a pair I say, I'm embarrassed for the little babies that need to be wrapped in cotton wool, this politically correct snowflake generation will ban banter all together at this rate.

The thing is, the BBC regions in England wouldn't be as offensive because they are above it. Hence why I believe its small minded on BBC Wales' part. Who thinks these things up?

Good on you though for saying you wouldn't rise to it. Well done!

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:52 - Feb 9 with 1892 viewsunion_jack

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:40 - Feb 9 by blueytheblue

Trampie, the point you're missing is that the banter fails in the fact it's not, you know, actually funny. Nor is it innovative...

It's like the sporting trailer of Miranda sitcoms. Writers sat there, "tee hee we're funny" and the populace sit there with blank stares.

Love the Miranda reference. How that girl makes it as a comedian I'll never know.

Great actress asChummy in Call The Midwife though.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:54 - Feb 9 with 1887 viewstrampie

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:40 - Feb 9 by blueytheblue

I think it is funny, I've seen funnier but I think its good banter, I will laugh at jokes taking the mickey out of Wales, I don't get offended and anyone that takes offence at that trailer is a wuss, what is the world coming to, dear me.

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:55 - Feb 9 with 1886 viewsblueytheblue

Any adverts for the Wales v England game ? on 18:54 - Feb 9 by trampie

I think it is funny, I've seen funnier but I think its good banter, I will laugh at jokes taking the mickey out of Wales, I don't get offended and anyone that takes offence at that trailer is a wuss, what is the world coming to, dear me.

If I took offence it means the trailer generated a reaction... which is better than just staring at the screen...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024