Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie 12:10 - Dec 31 with 7028 viewsDraytonR

Start Mackie and give him that captains armband.....that is all.
Mackie on 10:05 - Jan 4 with 1671 viewsfrancisbowles

I wouldn't want to take the armband away from Ned as it could have a detrimental effect on him and therefore the team. However, I have a feeling that he may be leaving shortly as I think someone on here said his contract is up in the summer, and he left the pitch quite quickly without any acknowledgement of the crowd on Monday. I expect he is pretty disillusioned by the reception he is getting from LR after always giving 100% on and off the field and after constantly being moved from rb to cb to cover every defensive shortfall we have had for the last few years.

The positive thing about Mackie, captain or not, is that he lifts the crowd and helps to mute the vitriol that is constantly pouring down. In our cramped stadium that is so important as the players pick up on it almost instantly
Mackie on 11:30 - Jan 4 with 1599 viewsFredManRave

Mackie on 08:28 - Jan 4 by Boston

Does the club have the position of team Chaplain?

A role I always thought Austin would be good at.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mackie on 14:10 - Jan 4 with 1514 viewsStanisgod

Mackie on 13:39 - Dec 31 by RangersDave

Oh good lord no!!

shouldn't be within HQ walls let alone taking a wage!

You were saying ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mackie on 12:08 - Jan 5 with 1424 viewsW7Ranger

Deffo yes from me.

People harp on about his "lack of ability". Like what exactly? If he was a world beater, he wouldn't be at QPR would he? He has more ability (plus everything else he offers on and off the pitch) than most in the team/squad. He was an integral part to our promotion campaign until he got injured, and was an integral part of our Premier league team scoring lots of crucial goals against some of the top teams in the land. Who else has done that for us recently, apart from Austiin and Taarabt, and maybe Helguson? He has more tactical nous than you think. And as an opponent he must be a nightmare to play against. He moves defenders around to make space for others. He harries and pressures defenders into making mistakes. These sort of things are what stops teams from scoring against us and creates goalscoring opportunities for us.

I hope he can stay injury free for the rest of the season, and I hope he gets another contract. We haven't really got anyone like him in the squad - so right now we need Mackie and other players like him.
Mackie on 12:26 - Jan 5 with 1378 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackie on 12:08 - Jan 5 by W7Ranger

Deffo yes from me.

People harp on about his "lack of ability". Like what exactly? If he was a world beater, he wouldn't be at QPR would he? He has more ability (plus everything else he offers on and off the pitch) than most in the team/squad. He was an integral part to our promotion campaign until he got injured, and was an integral part of our Premier league team scoring lots of crucial goals against some of the top teams in the land. Who else has done that for us recently, apart from Austiin and Taarabt, and maybe Helguson? He has more tactical nous than you think. And as an opponent he must be a nightmare to play against. He moves defenders around to make space for others. He harries and pressures defenders into making mistakes. These sort of things are what stops teams from scoring against us and creates goalscoring opportunities for us.

I hope he can stay injury free for the rest of the season, and I hope he gets another contract. We haven't really got anyone like him in the squad - so right now we need Mackie and other players like him.

Agree. 7 goals in his first prem season. Better than almost anyone else in our squad managed.
If he can prove his fitness between now and the end of the season he's the kind of player you want at the club.

Bare bones.

Mackie on 12:50 - Jan 5 with 1342 viewsisawqpratwcity

He's a confidence player. I mean, he's always trying very hard, but sometimes it just doesn't click for him. Remember when he was first signed in 2010? Eight goals in quick succession then nothing for ages.

But I love that drive that he's got. I would hate for him to find responsibility too much of a burden, but I don't think it would be.

I think he's our best prospect for a captain at the moment, save maybe Hall.

I know one thing: you wouldn't have to offer him the job twice.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mackie on 13:40 - Jan 5 with 1257 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackie on 12:50 - Jan 5 by isawqpratwcity

He's a confidence player. I mean, he's always trying very hard, but sometimes it just doesn't click for him. Remember when he was first signed in 2010? Eight goals in quick succession then nothing for ages.

But I love that drive that he's got. I would hate for him to find responsibility too much of a burden, but I don't think it would be.

I think he's our best prospect for a captain at the moment, save maybe Hall.

I know one thing: you wouldn't have to offer him the job twice.

Personally, and I know it goes against the current thinking amongst some on this board, I think Cousins will end up being captain in a few years and possibly be a modern Rowlands character for us.

Bare bones.

Mackie on 21:52 - Jan 5 with 1149 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mackie on 13:40 - Jan 5 by Antti_Heinola

Personally, and I know it goes against the current thinking amongst some on this board, I think Cousins will end up being captain in a few years and possibly be a modern Rowlands character for us.

Brilliant! We need more captaincy candidates.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024