Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form is temporary - Class is permanent 00:01 - Dec 27 with 14732 viewsLaveritty

To use Andy Gray on Sky Sports' words - Take a bow Ian Henderson

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Form is temporary - Class is permanent (n/t) on 15:18 - Dec 27 with 4315 viewssoulboy

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:11 - Dec 27 by 442Dale

No they didn't. But it was.

Hindsight, the greatest tool in the box.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 15:22]
Form is temporary - Class is permanent (n/t) on 15:28 - Dec 27 with 4287 views442Dale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent (n/t) on 15:18 - Dec 27 by soulboy

Hindsight, the greatest tool in the box.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 15:22]

There was plenty of opinion at the time about what a waste of time an appeal would be. The overwhelming reaction was similar to that mentioned by AtThePeake; the player let down his team that day. Edit: sorry, just saw your post along the same lines.

Once people saw the basis of such an appeal, it became even more amazing that we even bothered to put it in.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 15:29]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:00 - Dec 27 with 4211 viewsD_Alien

Hendo scored an amazing goal yesterday, and has done so in the past. Revisiting old red cards is a bigger waste of time than the club putting in an appeal against them, certainly when they were justified

But let's not start the juvenile hero-worshipping again. He's human, and that sort of support does him no favours whatsoever, only leading to a greater fall when his flaws come to the fore (yes, yes, we all have them, etc.)

It's a matter of perspective. Appreciate the good times, the great goals, but he's just one player who's hung onto his place in the team at times, based on past glory which has now thankfully re-emerged

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:10 - Dec 27 with 4186 views442Dale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:00 - Dec 27 by D_Alien

Hendo scored an amazing goal yesterday, and has done so in the past. Revisiting old red cards is a bigger waste of time than the club putting in an appeal against them, certainly when they were justified

But let's not start the juvenile hero-worshipping again. He's human, and that sort of support does him no favours whatsoever, only leading to a greater fall when his flaws come to the fore (yes, yes, we all have them, etc.)

It's a matter of perspective. Appreciate the good times, the great goals, but he's just one player who's hung onto his place in the team at times, based on past glory which has now thankfully re-emerged

Some good points, but we can't underestimate how bloody funny that appeal was!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 17:46 - Dec 27 with 4054 viewsD_Alien

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:10 - Dec 27 by 442Dale

Some good points, but we can't underestimate how bloody funny that appeal was!

Aye, and it's given rise to the "football folk" meme, which can still be deployed with effect as noted in another thread!

I was thinking of those who're still trying to justify his red card

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 21:49 - Dec 27 with 3911 viewsTVOS1907

Talking of Henderson, he's now scored seven goals in ten appearances v Chesterfield, bringing him level with Steve Whitehall.

However, that's slightly worse than Albert Whitehurst's 15 goals in nine games against The Spireites...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:27 - Dec 28 with 3746 views1907

Interesting to see that Henderson has disappeared from twitter
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:30 - Dec 28 with 3565 viewsdingdangblue

Talking of form...........

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/league-one/table/form

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 10:44 - Dec 30 with 3308 viewsHealeyDale

I have also been a great admirer of Hendo's work rate in games in addition to his undoubted class.

He is always harassing opposing defenders and giving them little time on the ball causing them to make mistakes. I remember his goal in the game when we got promoted against Cheltenham. He raced from our byline to their penalty area in order to slot the goal home. Brilliant!

The guy is class and one of the best players to pull on a Dale shirt.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 10:44]
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:12 - Dec 30 with 3234 viewsaleanddale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 10:44 - Dec 30 by HealeyDale

I have also been a great admirer of Hendo's work rate in games in addition to his undoubted class.

He is always harassing opposing defenders and giving them little time on the ball causing them to make mistakes. I remember his goal in the game when we got promoted against Cheltenham. He raced from our byline to their penalty area in order to slot the goal home. Brilliant!

The guy is class and one of the best players to pull on a Dale shirt.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 10:44]

Agree..

Love the fact he pulls on the Dale shirt week in week out.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:10 - Dec 30 with 3129 viewsLaveritty

A few days ago I posed the following question in this very thread:

'One of the most skilful players to have ever appeared for Dale - would anybody argue against that? Any nominations for who would be above him in a list of skilful players?'

Nobody has suggested any other contenders for this title so is it safe to assume we are all in agreement that he is 'The Most Skilful Dale Player Ever'?

Hendo - more of the same tonight please!

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:22 - Dec 30 with 3102 viewsD_Alien

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:10 - Dec 30 by Laveritty

'One of the most skilful players to have ever appeared for Dale - would anybody argue against that? Any nominations for who would be above him in a list of skilful players?'

Nobody has suggested any other contenders for this title so is it safe to assume we are all in agreement that he is 'The Most Skilful Dale Player Ever'?

He's one of the most skilful, certainly, but there are other contenders

It's a subjective thing, and many current fans won't remember the likes of Norman Whitehead or Tony Buck from a previous era, so perhaps that why no-ones posted alternatives

Not that it matters, it's just about having really good players who can perform consistently, which is another drawback (Whitehead was very hit & miss)

"Ever" is an impossible epithet

[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 16:28]

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:23 - Dec 30 with 3102 viewsAtThePeake

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:10 - Dec 30 by Laveritty

Paddy McCourt. End of discussion.

Tangled up in blue.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 17:18 - Dec 30 with 3028 viewsLaveritty

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 16:23 - Dec 30 by AtThePeake

Paddy McCourt. End of discussion.

Have to admit - Paddy was the one I thought would get mentioned when I asked the question. No doubt he had tremendous amounts of skill and on his day was a joy to watch, but, to my mind, he lacked the application and professionalism that would allow him to be ranked above Henderson. Perhaps I should have worded the question so that it took into account skill combined with productivity over a sustained period of time. (Otherwise it would be like claiming Sam Allardyce to be England's most successful manager ever with a 100% record!)

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 18:29 - Jan 2 with 2905 viewsaleanddale

Another today, is that 4 goals last 3 games..

Nothing better than a fully fit fully firing Hendo.

Oozes class.. And must benefit when buzzing off and around bigger hold up style men.. Andrew and Davies.

Up the Dale.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:14 - Jan 8 with 2828 viewsLaveritty

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 18:29 - Jan 2 by aleanddale

Another today, is that 4 goals last 3 games..

Nothing better than a fully fit fully firing Hendo.

Oozes class.. And must benefit when buzzing off and around bigger hold up style men.. Andrew and Davies.

Up the Dale.

6 in 4 now - 'nuff said!

Having him back to his best is like having a new signing!

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:25 - Jan 8 with 2788 viewsboromat

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:14 - Jan 8 by Laveritty

6 in 4 now - 'nuff said!

Great to seem him back in goal scoring form. 12 for the season is it? He'll be aiming for 20!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:26 - Jan 8 with 2781 viewsaleanddale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:14 - Jan 8 by Laveritty

6 in 4 now - 'nuff said!

Agree..

Mouthwatering when he is in this form & mood!
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:30 - Jan 8 with 2770 viewsColDale

Reminds me a little of when glenn murray went through that spell
Of not scoring and Hilly just stuck with him, not even entertaining the thought of dropping him. Stuck with him and it worked out in the end by the bucketload.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:31 - Jan 8 with 2758 viewsdingdangblue

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:26 - Jan 8 by aleanddale

Agree..

Mouthwatering when he is in this form & mood!

To think we were having a great season without Hendo firing on all cylinders - now he is in the goalscoring form of his life its a frightening prospect for our opposition.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 13:07 - Jan 8 with 2688 viewsD_Alien

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:30 - Jan 8 by ColDale

Reminds me a little of when glenn murray went through that spell
Of not scoring and Hilly just stuck with him, not even entertaining the thought of dropping him. Stuck with him and it worked out in the end by the bucketload.

tbf it helps that Hilly's now playing him in his best position, rather than in a withdrawn midfield role. I guess having a settled midfield trio, and especially having Rathbone there to feed Hendo has helped massively, resulting in a renewed surge of confidence

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 13:21 - Jan 8 with 2651 viewsAtThePeake

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 17:18 - Dec 30 by Laveritty

Have to admit - Paddy was the one I thought would get mentioned when I asked the question. No doubt he had tremendous amounts of skill and on his day was a joy to watch, but, to my mind, he lacked the application and professionalism that would allow him to be ranked above Henderson. Perhaps I should have worded the question so that it took into account skill combined with productivity over a sustained period of time. (Otherwise it would be like claiming Sam Allardyce to be England's most successful manager ever with a 100% record!)

Sorry only just saw this - I'd agree that Henderson is a better player and has been far, far more productive for us but in terms of the question asked, which only accounted for skilfulness, has to be Paddy for me.

Great to have the real Hendo back by the way!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 13:22]

Tangled up in blue.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 13:52 - Jan 8 with 2574 viewsLaveritty

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 13:21 - Jan 8 by AtThePeake

Sorry only just saw this - I'd agree that Henderson is a better player and has been far, far more productive for us but in terms of the question asked, which only accounted for skilfulness, has to be Paddy for me.

Great to have the real Hendo back by the way!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 13:22]

It was always good fun to see Paddy slalom and dink his way through 4, 5 or 6 players and I suppose I'd have to agree that in terms of skill alone he probably is the best player I have ever seen in a Dale shirt.

I am hoping that the new signing David Owusu might be a similar kind of player as, as Keith says, "he will terrify the opposition" which is what Paddy did when he was on form!

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 13:56 - Jan 8 with 2553 viewsisitme

I suspect what Owusu has is what Henderson and McCourt don't, pace.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 14:23]
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:16 - Jan 8 with 2496 viewsboromat

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 13:52 - Jan 8 by Laveritty

It was always good fun to see Paddy slalom and dink his way through 4, 5 or 6 players and I suppose I'd have to agree that in terms of skill alone he probably is the best player I have ever seen in a Dale shirt.

I am hoping that the new signing David Owusu might be a similar kind of player as, as Keith says, "he will terrify the opposition" which is what Paddy did when he was on form!

I get the impression owusu is more of a Hogan or Done type player. But maybe it's a bit early to be putting that sort of pressure on the lad haha.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024