Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone 20:59 - Dec 7 with 19689 viewsDarran

Just saying

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:46 - Dec 8 with 1361 viewsblueytheblue

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:43 - Dec 8 by britferry

Supporters Harmonised Action Group ?

Supporters (Loyal) Action Group?

First rule of S(L)AG club is you don't talk about S(L)AG club...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:49 - Dec 8 with 1336 viewsswancity

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:07 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

Cheers

Andrew Godden has guts coming on here and fronting up but he's doing as much harm than good, probably more harm.

Still now they allow the same structure to call the shots they've been getting wrong for years. This governance review takes the biscuit. It may carry a bit more weight or have a bit more meaning if the old guard who presided over this farcical mess weren't the ones bringing it in with a promise of change!!!

Is that Uxbridge ? If so, too Inspipid and weak. Not clear about required strategy and the need to move quicker. Doesn't seem prepared to ruffle feathers and wants to be seen to accommodate everyone. A different mentality is needed, a siege mentality with the intent to get at the scum. Not time to skirt around things. Time for action chaps. Go for it and you will suddenly feel that you have support. Do nothing or procrastinate and you will lose the support and respect and credibility from everyone.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:55 - Dec 8 with 1303 viewsmorningstar

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:49 - Dec 8 by swancity

Is that Uxbridge ? If so, too Inspipid and weak. Not clear about required strategy and the need to move quicker. Doesn't seem prepared to ruffle feathers and wants to be seen to accommodate everyone. A different mentality is needed, a siege mentality with the intent to get at the scum. Not time to skirt around things. Time for action chaps. Go for it and you will suddenly feel that you have support. Do nothing or procrastinate and you will lose the support and respect and credibility from everyone.

Totally agree. We need people like you at the meeting on the 19th. It'll be great to put a face to the name. Looking forward too meeting you mate.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:01 - Dec 8 with 1262 viewsswancity

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:55 - Dec 8 by morningstar

Totally agree. We need people like you at the meeting on the 19th. It'll be great to put a face to the name. Looking forward too meeting you mate.

Let me have an agenda for the meeting and I'll have a think about it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:10 - Dec 8 with 1220 viewsJack11

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:46 - Dec 8 by blueytheblue

Fans Against Nearly New Yanks
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:11 - Dec 8 with 1213 viewsdameedna

AGENDA
1. Introductions
2. Actions
3. Any Other Business
4. Date, Time and Venue for Next Meeting
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:14 - Dec 8 with 1196 viewsMurph75

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:46 - Dec 8 by blueytheblue

Are you coming along? You're on here often enough.
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:21 - Dec 8 with 1149 viewsLandore_Jack

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:14 - Dec 8 by Murph75

Have you spoken with Landore Social Club to see if they are able to accommodate the meeting?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 22:22]

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:24 - Dec 8 with 1120 viewsMurph75

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:21 - Dec 8 by Landore_Jack

Have you spoken with Landore Social Club to see if they are able to accommodate the meeting?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 22:22]

Not yet mate but we will.
Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:47 - Dec 8 with 1030 viewsblueytheblue

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:14 - Dec 8 by Murph75

Nah, I'm too good looking. You'd all get distracted.

But good luck with the meeting and group.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:51 - Dec 8 with 1012 viewsKilkennyjack

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:53 - Dec 8 by Phil_S

I'll try and answer some of the points - will flit in and out of here through the day but have a few things that have past deadlines to hit (sorry but its always worth clarifying in case people think its disappearing)

Firstly, I genuinely mean thank you for believing. To anyone that pays their tenner and joins up that means much. I can accept people thinking things have been done wrong or that we have our eye of the ball, where I lose interest is when people get personal with it. I'm not replying to that kind of stuff purely as it will only ever result in an argument.

To a few points you have made

The Trust is our custodian of our club but it failed to safeguard our club. We are now in a place we all thought we would never see again. Not good enough.

If we did not know about the sale then simply why not ? Surely to be an effective custodian the Trust simply has to know such important things. Not good enough.

There's a couple of things here. I totally agree that to be en effective custodian then we should have known about the sale. However, we should never lose sight of the fact that we didn't was a direct result of the collusion of the remaining 79% of the custodians electing that telling the fans representatives was not a key part of their strategy to make millions. I do accept that maybe some extra vigilance in the boardroom may have made a difference but ultimately what it wouldn't have changed would have been the sale of the club although I do accept it may have changed the structure of that sale.

And now apparently clueless what do - so the Trust sits on its hands and appears to fiddle whilst Rome burns. Not good enough.

I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that I disagree but again I do accept why I think you see that. It is far from sitting on its hands but it will appear like that because of the lack of public commentary at all times. On Monday I talked at the AGM about our legal advice and what they told us (the address will be on our website in the next day or so I believe) and where we are seeking extra clarification. The actions though are numerous which include endless discussions with the new owners, legal advisers, legal companies, current incumbents of the football club (we have to retain our governance overview), discussions with potential new partners and basically looking under every stone we can find to look for a solution to what is a mess. A mess created by people who created the JTAK "story"

For the legal side of things we should not make clear our legal position in public until any case is clean and ready to go. I don't want to sound flippant but if you were contemplating suing say a former employer as example I cannot imagine you would write to them first to say "I am thinking of suing you but I'm waiting for my barrister to tell me if I would win first. Just thought I would give you the heads up"

People say it should be clear by now and talk about 9 months to be prepared. It isn't 9 months, the sale took place at the end of July and only then do things become clear as to fully what has happened (which includes the transfer of the voting rights. Nookiejack talks on here about what we should be doing, I know for a fact that Dai Little has engaged with him to understand this and we are working with his information as well as that of others.

The communication part is spot on. I won't argue with that and the message should be getting wider but we do need people to help on this. We - as I mentioned again at the AGM although I think it was in relation to a question rather than in the address (incidentally the length of the Q&A is what is delaying us adding the address to our site as we want to capture this part too) that we have engaged with a PR company on that side of things.

Landore Jack has referred to us refusing to talk to Sky Sports that part is not true, Sky Sports were interested in speaking to us further but they only really want to cover that if we take the legal route, the "boring" stuff is not something they are as keen on.

Finally on the playing side. I think where Uxbridge was coming from is that the Trust should not suggest new managers (as fans we will all have different views) but we should completely be involved in knowing what the plans are on that front and also what the plans are for strengthening the squad in the transfer window. Stuart and I are working in tandem with each other to make sure that we are involved in those discussions but the challenge is how much of that goes into the public domain but I give you a personal assurance (whatever people think it is worth) that we are doing everything we can to make sure we are involved in that (based on the acceptance that this may not have been the case in the past)

I would ask anyone that has been a member to continue being a member, we are better together and whatever we have done in the past that has made you feel let down, as the 107 people that attended Monday night will I am sure testify we are doing our best to make sure that you don't feel that way in the future.

And if you want to know how much time goes into it then probably just ask Mrs S although she may prefer it that way...

I am sure there are things above that you (and others) will disagree with and will have views on doing things differently but the one thing I will guarantee you of is that as a long term supporter what is happening p*sses me off as much as it does the next man and there is no way I will sit back and watch that happen without doing everything that I can to make it right. And that comes from someone who has the experience of reasonably heavy involvement back in 2001/2 although interestingly then I was not part of the Trust work at that time but more on the action group side that I have just been reading about,

This was intended as a short reply!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks for taking the time to reply Sir Phil.
God bless our Trust. 👊🍀

Beware of the Risen People

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:58 - Dec 8 with 993 viewsGowerjack

What a self serving useless c unt.

In Huw we don't trust.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:37 - Dec 8 with 925 viewsmorningstar

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 22:01 - Dec 8 by swancity

Let me have an agenda for the meeting and I'll have a think about it.

Great, but i'ts not up to any individual to provide an 'agenda' it's meant to be a collection of like minded fans to produce a mandate for what we believe is the best course of action.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 23:53 - Dec 8 with 876 viewsSoberBaker

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 21:16 - Dec 8 by Jack11

As the Supporters Action Group is still in its infancy, may I recommend a name change? It will be known disdainfully as the SAG and will lose some of its credibility. We make an acronym out of everything these days and we're also in the era where branding is crucial for impact and kudos. The North Bank Alliance had NBA which worked well as it piggybacked on an existing and very well known brand - not suggesting that exact route but we need to rethink SAG. Just my view and I might be alone in thinking it.

Swans Protection League (of Gentlemen)?

AMOW

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:32 - Dec 9 with 690 viewswaynekerr55

Bob reckons people want him out because of his accent.

No, it's because you are way out of your depth.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:54 - Dec 9 with 667 viewsSoberBaker

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:32 - Dec 9 by waynekerr55

Bob reckons people want him out because of his accent.

No, it's because you are way out of your depth.

I dunno mind.

His accent really does grip my sh*t.

As does his demeanour, over confidence, his bald head, the overuse of the word 'OK', his smirk, the pause between sentences, the way he stands, the way he smiles, the blank expressions, the way he sits, the way he drinks a drink, his choice of clothing, his breath and the way it smells of cabbage, his car, his flat, his wages/contract, his facetime calls to his family, the way he spits.

F*ck, I bet he has a smug f*cking look on his face when he takes a dump. I can see him getting up off the lav, flushing the bog and doing one of those pretend shooting things with your hands towards the cistern in a cowboy stylee and announcing "BOOM"

AMOW

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:58 - Dec 9 with 656 viewswaynekerr55

Rumour on twitter that Bobs gone on 07:54 - Dec 9 by SoberBaker

I dunno mind.

His accent really does grip my sh*t.

As does his demeanour, over confidence, his bald head, the overuse of the word 'OK', his smirk, the pause between sentences, the way he stands, the way he smiles, the blank expressions, the way he sits, the way he drinks a drink, his choice of clothing, his breath and the way it smells of cabbage, his car, his flat, his wages/contract, his facetime calls to his family, the way he spits.

F*ck, I bet he has a smug f*cking look on his face when he takes a dump. I can see him getting up off the lav, flushing the bog and doing one of those pretend shooting things with your hands towards the cistern in a cowboy stylee and announcing "BOOM"

Seems a nice enough chap. I tweeted earlier to say it would be like promoting someone from the tills straight to CEO, on the basis that he's a nice guy...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024