Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The gospel according to BBC sport. 12:24 - Nov 17 with 6962 viewssully49

What is going wrong at Swansea? Nothing new here but an overview of the Swans progress both on and off the field.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 16:10 - Nov 17 with 1771 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 15:06 - Nov 17 by Badgeman

It should draw attention to how massively unpopular the whole fiasco is at the minute. I don't think fans of other clubs fully understand the situation that's unfolding.

If fans make themselves known, the media will pick up on our total dissatisfaction. With media attention comes scrutiny. Hopefully that scrutiny will then put pressure on the greedy yanks and the sellouts. At the minute I believe they are getting an easy ride from all corners. That needs to change at the bare minimum.

I'm trying not to be too negative here & I agree with your post btw, but why would other fans give a toss about us?
Fans of clubs who've experienced this may empathize with us - your Villa's, Blackburn's and clubs who are stuck with sh*t owners - Charlton, Blackpool etc, but on the whole, are Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U fans going to care?
We can make our plight known to all and sundry, but I bet everyone else will be looking at us thinking 'Thank god it's them, not us'.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 16:25 - Nov 17 with 1729 viewsBadgeman

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 16:10 - Nov 17 by AustinIsOurHero

I'm trying not to be too negative here & I agree with your post btw, but why would other fans give a toss about us?
Fans of clubs who've experienced this may empathize with us - your Villa's, Blackburn's and clubs who are stuck with sh*t owners - Charlton, Blackpool etc, but on the whole, are Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U fans going to care?
We can make our plight known to all and sundry, but I bet everyone else will be looking at us thinking 'Thank god it's them, not us'.

I get your point and for the most part fans won't care about us. you're right, They will just be thankful it's not them but at the minute I don't think the wider footballing community in Britain even knows what's going on fully. The best thing we can do to at the minute is draw attention to ourselves.

With attention comes scrutiny, with scrutiny comes investigation. That will give us at least a shot of shining a pretty bright light into the hidden and darker corners of our club. For too long as fans we've probably been a bit naïve and unquestioning. It's a cultural change for the club and I think as fans we are yet to embrace it. One way or another, its going to end in tears with these Americans. The least I'd want is for our terms to be heard.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 16:27 - Nov 17 with 1727 viewsPrivate_Partz

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 16:10 - Nov 17 by AustinIsOurHero

I accept that few supporters from the top clubs will care too much although some will. No one will join us on the picket line either. There will be a recognition however that our owners are not honourable people and are not to be trusted. The loon in Leeds, Oysron, Venkys etc are examples of the bad press that can come threir way. Our owners survive on business dealings and are relatively young men. It seems whilst wealthy they do not have pots of money so I think reputations will be important to them if they are to retain some sucess.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 16:47 - Nov 17 with 1704 viewsswansRus

If scousers have finished with them maybe we could get a cheap job lot
[Post edited 17 Nov 2016 16:49]
The gospel according to BBC sport. on 20:00 - Nov 17 with 1630 viewsharryhpalmer

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 12:59 - Nov 17 by Gowerjack

Nothing wrong with that article.

Our fall from grace nicely explained.

Now can someone in a position of power at the club please sack Bradley and replace him with someone who knows what he is doing.

Then sack Jenkins and Dineen.

Then adopt a more open and concilatory approach to the Trust and fans.

And finally be prepared to spend a realistic amount of money in the transfer window and not on cheap USA players.

Then maybe just maybe we'll get away with it.

Dont do the above and we will be relegated.
Its a certainty.

nothing wrong with that article?

um, was it stuck in his hard drive for the last 3 months?

Where has all of this questioning been until now?

Talks about the Ash transfer now, not when the window was about to shut. And hasn't challenged Jenkins on that score ever, until now when its way too late.

Likewise, hasn't badgered either Jenkins or the new owners on the exclusion of the Trust to date.

Nor has he asked why Guidolin was given a contract when it was known that his training methods were not great.

in fact has he asked the club any difficult or uncomfortable questions?

Maybe he should take a lesson from former Football First presenter Sarah Jane Mee who owned the Justice Secretary today. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-out-your-depth-you-9276156

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 20:02 - Nov 17 with 1628 viewsharryhpalmer

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 14:05 - Nov 17 by max936

Pity they haven't added a comments section, where fans can write in their thoughts and opinions, they should be canvassing for information from the fans, maybe then the people at the Club can really gauge the feelings amongst the fans.

you can always tweet Pritchard, as I did earlier, challenging this waste of space article,

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 20:12 - Nov 17 with 1617 viewsmax936

The gospel according to BBC sport. on 20:02 - Nov 17 by harryhpalmer

you can always tweet Pritchard, as I did earlier, challenging this waste of space article,

I don't do Twitter or Facebook, but well done on you for doing so, I'd like to ask him to ask questions about the poor transfer window the appointments of both Bobby Blob and Mr Williams and why Jenkins thinks selling us to those particular yanks was in anyway shape or form moving the club forward to the next level, cause its more like moving us back to the lower levels.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024