Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutted !!!!!! 16:12 - Oct 28 with 9010 viewsIAN05

On one hand a great statement from the Trust, clears up a lot and sorts out much of the mistruths going around.

Gutted for Huw Cooze though. A top man, who has worked unbelievably hard, often to the detriment to his business and at times his health.

Some of the personal stuff said about him has been shameful but he should walk away with head held high having done an overall fantastic job over the years.
Gutted !!!!!! on 17:31 - Oct 28 with 2167 viewscockneyswan

Gutted !!!!!! on 16:27 - Oct 28 by IAN05

It does matter. I agree that they should have been disclosed but people were claiming on here that he was as good as fleecing the club - the figures prove not only that was definitely not the case but that there was a distinct reason why the figure increased so sharply in past 12 months.

I'm not convinced the SD should have had to resign over this - It is not his role to disclose these figures. They were unanimously approved by the Trust board

Do not forget Cozy was also selling his printing services to the club, he must be very stupid not to realise that this compromises his impartiality as a supporter director. I applaud his decision to resign but should have done it before selling services to the club.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 17:33]
Gutted !!!!!! on 17:37 - Oct 28 with 2150 viewsIAN05

Gutted !!!!!! on 17:31 - Oct 28 by cockneyswan

Do not forget Cozy was also selling his printing services to the club, he must be very stupid not to realise that this compromises his impartiality as a supporter director. I applaud his decision to resign but should have done it before selling services to the club.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 17:33]

His company is a design company not a printer. That is done elsewhere. I have no idea what the most recent deals have been with regards his design work but I know when I was involved he was virtually doing them at cost.
Gutted !!!!!! on 18:28 - Oct 28 with 2057 viewsTheResurrection

Gutted !!!!!! on 17:37 - Oct 28 by IAN05

His company is a design company not a printer. That is done elsewhere. I have no idea what the most recent deals have been with regards his design work but I know when I was involved he was virtually doing them at cost.

You're not that naive mate.

This is the real world, here, lets keep these posts real as well is it?

You should get back involved with the Trust. You're a sensible bloke and fair, except you're not being impartial here.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 2043 viewsPapaLazarou

Good bloke who worked very hard for both the club and Trust.

Probably the right decision based on what's happened, but I'm sure he'll be missed by The Trust.
Gutted !!!!!! on 18:46 - Oct 28 with 2008 viewsBarrySwan

I have mentioned before that knowing Huw Cooze I would like to say he is a decent guy whose dedication and workload to Swansea City football club and fans welfare and interests has been absolute.

However surely for anyone on the Trust board to accept the yearly increasing amounts of renumeration up to the latest near £40,000 and consider that would be seen as anything but a massive conflict of interest is a misjudgement of monumental proportions.

The Trust statement to a certain extent justifies the wage receiving conflict of interest by pointing out the SLO position as well as the Club director aspect .

This I feel is a massive red Herring. If as explained that the SLO position has evolved over time into a demanding statutory ( Premier league rules) full time job then let the club advertise the job on the open jobs market.

It is not for the Trust to act as a recruiting agency for Swansea City football club. Any member of the Trust board is quite entitled to apply for a paid position with Swansea City or anywhere else for that matter.

The conflict of interest comes when a Trust board member accepts such a paid position.

I appreciate that the whole SLO role evolved from work that was initially done by HC voluntarily and expanded into a full time job but surely at some stage a halt needed to be called on expecting a member of the Trust board to cope with it on a voluntary basis and when it became apparent that more time was needed to be spent on it then the club told to employ someone to do it?

HC spent an awful lot of his time helping the club and supporters but I have always felt that he was naive in his perception of how other board members regarded the Trust and his own role as a representative befitting the status of the clubs second largest shareholders.

Subsequent events have borne this out.

I know that Huw spent huge parts of his time on his role as SD and I certainly don't begrudge him receiving a few thousand pounds out of pocket expenses to acknowledge the potential damage to his business.

However a few thousand pounds are not £40,000pa and surely with the trust having well over £1m in the bank, these out of pocket expenses should have been met by the Trust as he was representing them and the supporters and the level of payment of a few £thousand paid by the trust for out of pocket expenses could never be regarded as a conflict of interest.

One last word in acknowledging the years of hard genuine work carried out by HC before he obviously got carried away with the conflicting roles is this.

Surely to be taken into account in the reward for putting in time being the SD is that it is probably most football supporters dream to be involved as a director of their favourite club, Attending board meetings, voting on vital decisions, knowing exactly whats going on behind the scenes rather than relying on rumours in the paper.

Trips away, boardroom lunches at some of the most famous clubs in the world before watching the games from directors boxes, full hospitality before during and after the game.

Most supporters would pay for that, much less expect renumeration and I suspect that this would still be the case in Huw's position now ( I'm leaving aside the paid SLO job which should never have been taken up)

As I repeat, HC is a decent guy with his heart and work for the fans in the right place I feel that his inevitable resignation is a result of losing sight of the original point of the SD role and also the poor judgement of fellow Trust board members who let an initial out of pocket expenses scenario spiral out of control into a massive conflict of interest one.

I suppose that we can all get carried away with circumstances that we find ourselves in and that poor judgement can snowball but surely now no one on the Trust Board can find it compatible to also be a paid employee of the club?

If the other directors are being paid then the new Trust director must also be recognised in that payment on an equal basis.

However that money must be handed over to the Trust and a suitable and proportional out of pocket expenses payment be approved by the trust board to compensate the SD for recognised expenses.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 18:58]
Gutted !!!!!! on 18:50 - Oct 28 with 1989 viewsSmellyplumz

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:46 - Oct 28 by BarrySwan

I have mentioned before that knowing Huw Cooze I would like to say he is a decent guy whose dedication and workload to Swansea City football club and fans welfare and interests has been absolute.

However surely for anyone on the Trust board to accept the yearly increasing amounts of renumeration up to the latest near £40,000 and consider that would be seen as anything but a massive conflict of interest is a misjudgement of monumental proportions.

The Trust statement to a certain extent justifies the wage receiving conflict of interest by pointing out the SLO position as well as the Club director aspect .

This I feel is a massive red Herring. If as explained that the SLO position has evolved over time into a demanding statutory ( Premier league rules) full time job then let the club advertise the job on the open jobs market.

It is not for the Trust to act as a recruiting agency for Swansea City football club. Any member of the Trust board is quite entitled to apply for a paid position with Swansea City or anywhere else for that matter.

The conflict of interest comes when a Trust board member accepts such a paid position.

I appreciate that the whole SLO role evolved from work that was initially done by HC voluntarily and expanded into a full time job but surely at some stage a halt needed to be called on expecting a member of the Trust board to cope with it on a voluntary basis and when it became apparent that more time was needed to be spent on it then the club told to employ someone to do it?

HC spent an awful lot of his time helping the club and supporters but I have always felt that he was naive in his perception of how other board members regarded the Trust and his own role as a representative befitting the status of the clubs second largest shareholders.

I know that Huw spent huge parts of his time on his role as SD and I certainly don't begrudge him receiving a few thousand pounds out of pocket expenses to acknowledge the potential damage to his business.

However a few thousand pounds are not £40,000pa and surely with the trust having well over £1m in the bank, these out of pocket expenses should have been met by the Trust as he was representing them and the supporters and the level of payment of a few £thousand paid by the trust for out of pocket expenses could never be regarded as a conflict of interest.

One last word in acknowledging the years of hard genuine work carried out by HC before he obviously got carried away with the conflicting roles is this.

Surely to be taken into account in the reward for putting in time being the SD is that it is probably most football supporters dream to be involved as a director of their favourite club, Attending board meetings, voting on vital decisions, knowing exactly whats going on behind the scenes rather than relying on rumours in the paper.

Trips away, boardroom lunches at some of the most famous clubs in the world before watching the games from directors boxes, full hospitality before during and after the game.

Most supporters would pay for that, much less expect renumeration and I suspect that this would still be the case in Huw's position now ( I'm leaving aside the paid SLO job which should never have been taken up)

As I repeat, HC is a decent guy with his heart and work for the fans in the right place I feel that his inevitable resignation is a result of losing sight of the original point of the SD role and also the poor judgement of fellow Trust board members who let an initial out of pocket expenses scenario spiral out of control into a massive conflict of interest one.

I suppose that we can all get carried away with circumstances that we find ourselves in and that poor judgement can snowball but surely now no one on the Trust Board can find it compatible to also be a paid employee of the club?

If the other directors are being paid then the new Trust director must also be recognised in that payment on an equal basis.

However that money must be handed over to the Trust and a suitable and proportional out of pocket expenses payment be approved by the trust board to compensate the SD for recognised expenses.

Great post thank you.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:51 - Oct 28 with 1982 viewsDarran

There's people sitting in the directors box now that pay for f*ck all and are sitting on millions and slagging fans off on twitter.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:52 - Oct 28 with 1979 viewsSmellyplumz

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:51 - Oct 28 by Darran

There's people sitting in the directors box now that pay for f*ck all and are sitting on millions and slagging fans off on twitter.

Yes your right and they can fk off and all.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:57 - Oct 28 with 1968 viewstrampie

I'm surprised more have not resigned, unless others will in the coming days.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:59 - Oct 28 with 1954 viewsDarran

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:52 - Oct 28 by Smellyplumz

Yes your right and they can fk off and all.

Let's see bully boy go after them then.

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:01 - Oct 28 with 1950 viewsBarrySwan

I couldn't agree more. Get them out one and all and also lets stop all the politicians like the parasite Hain and other hangers on pitching up there as well.
Gutted !!!!!! on 19:02 - Oct 28 with 1941 viewsblueytheblue

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:59 - Oct 28 by Darran

Let's see bully boy go after them then.

Ah, but they were only making the best deals for themselves, no moral dilemnas, surely?

You know as well as anyone else that whilst this does raise questions - which the Trust are dealing with by the looks of it, the issue is irrelevant. It's just a stick being used to beat the Trust with.

That's why so much other s*it is being thrown to try to make some stick.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:02 - Oct 28 with 1939 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im confused. Im starting to think the Trust has a virtually worthless shareholding, whilst the sellers nor buyers have done anything inherently wrong in the clubs sale. If anything, a lack of transparency and governance has meant the sale has been legally pushed through under everyones nose.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:14 - Oct 28 with 1912 viewsWingstandwood

Yes and they are well and truly the most despicable bunch where attention should now be centered!
You've said you've spent £50,000 watching the Swans over the past years?
By comparison of your own personal wealth when compared to the sell-outs you've given vastly more!

You've received no directors fees, dividends, patronage, power, VIP status, hospitality and coveted must have status-symbol-title for many a businessman i.e. 'director-of-Premier-League-Club with all its spin-offs. Yeah and that's stuff all before the multi-millions they've pocketed from the sell off itself. Yet they still hang around like sh#t stained parasitic leeches terrified of losing the above and being terrified of being bulldozed into obscurity and insignificance.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 19:18]

Argus!

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:16 - Oct 28 with 1903 viewsDarran

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:14 - Oct 28 by Wingstandwood

Yes and they are well and truly the most despicable bunch where attention should now be centered!
You've said you've spent £50,000 watching the Swans over the past years?
By comparison of your own personal wealth when compared to the sell-outs you've given vastly more!

You've received no directors fees, dividends, patronage, power, VIP status, hospitality and coveted must have status-symbol-title for many a businessman i.e. 'director-of-Premier-League-Club with all its spin-offs. Yeah and that's stuff all before the multi-millions they've pocketed from the sell off itself. Yet they still hang around like sh#t stained parasitic leeches terrified of losing the above and being terrified of being bulldozed into obscurity and insignificance.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 19:18]

Couldn't agree more mate.

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:20 - Oct 28 with 1772 viewsFlashberryjack

Spot on

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:30 - Oct 28 with 1730 viewsJoe_bradshaw

As the SD role morphed into the SLO role in addition to the SD role the club (sell outs) have been very clever or sneaky depending on your perspective in getting the SD on the club payroll. As the workload and hence salary has increased so the ties become stronger and the blurring of the lines increased. The sell outs clearly jumped at the chance to install the SD in the role because it allowed them to keep a potential enemy very close indeed which is a very effective strategy.

The printing conflict of interest has always been more than uncomfortable and when coupled with the SD getting paid increasing amounts by the club, puts the Trust board in an indefensible situation with regard to lack of transparency on the whole situation. It's hard to listen to statements about the sell outs keeping the Trust in the dark when the Trust was keeping its membership in the dark. I think the Trust has been played like an old fiddle by the sell outs on this. Divide and conquer has worked a treat for them and Huw Cooze is the fall guy. Yes HC should have seen this coming and should have insisted on transparency but the Trust board has completely missed the warning signs. They knew that many were unhappy about the conflict of interest with the printing situation and that should have put them on alert about anything else that could become an issue as time passed. It must have crossed minds that the club paying the SD was at odds with the impression that the overwhelming majority of Trust members and other supporters had about the role. In other words, the Trust has allowed the sell outs to effect a strategy of divide and conquer by their failure to be open and transparent with its members.

Moving on, we need to come to a very quick conclusion as to whether we (the Trust) can work with the Americans or not and whether we are taking the sell outs to court or not. I don't think changing the personnel now would help us come to quick decisions on these matters but I would urge the likes of Uxbridge (who clearly saw the dangers when he got involved) to come to the fore in the Trust and push for decisions on these two matters as quickly as possible.

Then maybe early in 2017 the Trust could consider an extraordinary general meeting and new elections for all positions within the organisation where any member can stand for any position and a new board (including existing board members if they are elected) can take us forward.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:37 - Oct 28 with 1709 viewsmonmouth

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:02 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Ah, but they were only making the best deals for themselves, no moral dilemnas, surely?

You know as well as anyone else that whilst this does raise questions - which the Trust are dealing with by the looks of it, the issue is irrelevant. It's just a stick being used to beat the Trust with.

That's why so much other s*it is being thrown to try to make some stick.

They were the custodians of the clubs future and pretended to care for it. They are the biggest moral cowards in the history of the club (the Petty's and Lewis' of this world never had any). They are all pure scum in my eyes, and one has to ask, in the spirit of open questioning that has been championed lately, what part they are playing in supporting attacks on the Trust, through third party mouthpieces of their own.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:45 - Oct 28 with 1660 viewsMorganator100

I'd say the Huw Cooze story would have been conveniently leaked by people to take the heat off themselves and the millions that they did on selling their shares. This strategy has well and truly worked as it has fans talking about the Trust and not about them.

I'd say that we have lost a real hard working guy who was an asset to the Supporters Trust.

I think Darran has already mentioned, should the people who sold their shares still be allowed to be back in the Directors box to watch games?
Gutted !!!!!! on 19:56 - Oct 28 with 1622 viewsDarran

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:45 - Oct 28 by Morganator100

I'd say the Huw Cooze story would have been conveniently leaked by people to take the heat off themselves and the millions that they did on selling their shares. This strategy has well and truly worked as it has fans talking about the Trust and not about them.

I'd say that we have lost a real hard working guy who was an asset to the Supporters Trust.

I think Darran has already mentioned, should the people who sold their shares still be allowed to be back in the Directors box to watch games?

Well some obviously should because they still hold shares and rightly or wrongly still work for the club but the complete sellouts shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:15 - Oct 28 with 1562 viewsOldjack

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:56 - Oct 28 by Darran

Well some obviously should because they still hold shares and rightly or wrongly still work for the club but the complete sellouts shouldn't be anywhere near it.

try a bit of this

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:23 - Oct 28 with 1522 viewsUplandsJack

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:30 - Oct 28 by Joe_bradshaw

As the SD role morphed into the SLO role in addition to the SD role the club (sell outs) have been very clever or sneaky depending on your perspective in getting the SD on the club payroll. As the workload and hence salary has increased so the ties become stronger and the blurring of the lines increased. The sell outs clearly jumped at the chance to install the SD in the role because it allowed them to keep a potential enemy very close indeed which is a very effective strategy.

The printing conflict of interest has always been more than uncomfortable and when coupled with the SD getting paid increasing amounts by the club, puts the Trust board in an indefensible situation with regard to lack of transparency on the whole situation. It's hard to listen to statements about the sell outs keeping the Trust in the dark when the Trust was keeping its membership in the dark. I think the Trust has been played like an old fiddle by the sell outs on this. Divide and conquer has worked a treat for them and Huw Cooze is the fall guy. Yes HC should have seen this coming and should have insisted on transparency but the Trust board has completely missed the warning signs. They knew that many were unhappy about the conflict of interest with the printing situation and that should have put them on alert about anything else that could become an issue as time passed. It must have crossed minds that the club paying the SD was at odds with the impression that the overwhelming majority of Trust members and other supporters had about the role. In other words, the Trust has allowed the sell outs to effect a strategy of divide and conquer by their failure to be open and transparent with its members.

Moving on, we need to come to a very quick conclusion as to whether we (the Trust) can work with the Americans or not and whether we are taking the sell outs to court or not. I don't think changing the personnel now would help us come to quick decisions on these matters but I would urge the likes of Uxbridge (who clearly saw the dangers when he got involved) to come to the fore in the Trust and push for decisions on these two matters as quickly as possible.

Then maybe early in 2017 the Trust could consider an extraordinary general meeting and new elections for all positions within the organisation where any member can stand for any position and a new board (including existing board members if they are elected) can take us forward.

Spot on ..... 👏👏👏
Gutted !!!!!! on 20:28 - Oct 28 with 1510 viewsWingstandwood

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:15 - Oct 28 by Oldjack

try a bit of this

I reckon it must be a very uncomfortable experience if they're living, driving, walking, shopping, drinking etc around a place like Swansea where their movements now seem to be known and noted. At best they're going to get zero privacy.

Swansea is a place nearly as bad as South Armagh during the troubles when the whole of Jonesborough and Crossmaglen would know that........... ummmmmm another local place like Drumintee had a change of postman. In fact Martin Morgan can't even drink in his own hotel without half of Swansea knowing.....No wonder there's rumours of HJ f#cking off to Spain

[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 20:29]

Argus!

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:45 - Oct 28 with 1449 viewsOldjack

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:28 - Oct 28 by Wingstandwood

I reckon it must be a very uncomfortable experience if they're living, driving, walking, shopping, drinking etc around a place like Swansea where their movements now seem to be known and noted. At best they're going to get zero privacy.

Swansea is a place nearly as bad as South Armagh during the troubles when the whole of Jonesborough and Crossmaglen would know that........... ummmmmm another local place like Drumintee had a change of postman. In fact Martin Morgan can't even drink in his own hotel without half of Swansea knowing.....No wonder there's rumours of HJ f#cking off to Spain

[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 20:29]

Plenty of JB visit Spain

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:52 - Oct 28 with 1415 viewsblueytheblue

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:45 - Oct 28 by Oldjack

Plenty of JB visit Spain

Mostly on the run from police ;)

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024