Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day 09:23 - Aug 31 with 31522 viewsjasonbromham

Post all things here in relation to Swansea. New signings, ex players etc.

I'll start Bony is off to Stoke :(
Transfer Deadline Day on 07:32 - Sep 1 with 1792 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Deadline Day on 03:54 - Sep 1 by Griffting

I was a bit bemused at that journalist Riath Al-Samarrai saying that b'mouth were on another level than Swansea after this transfer window simply because they'd signed Wilshere on loan.

If Wilshire stays fit then they do have a fantastic player on their hands.

Other than that though, I'm not sure there's that much of a difference between the two sides.

I think we'll be down there with Bournemouth, Hull, Burnley, Sunderland and Boro. It's all going to come down to whether Baston is able to build on his one season of top flight football to keep us up.
Transfer Deadline Day on 07:42 - Sep 1 with 1760 viewsHeadmaster

Failed to get Allen.

Failed to get Ziyech.

Failed to get Chadli.

Failed to get Valencia (why the f!ck we were in for him in the first place, I'll never know).

Failed to replace Ayew.

And those are just the ones we know about. We bought two CBs inexperienced with top-flight football and our most promising prospect is currently injured. That's investment and "taking us to the next level" see.

Having said that, I wish Mawson all the best, but I don't think he'll be enough to sort out our leaky defence. As for LLorente, shape up or ship out. No doubt the happy clappers will down-vote this, but forgive me for feeling royally p!ssed off right now.
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:00 - Sep 1 with 1694 viewslifelong

Transfer Deadline Day on 07:42 - Sep 1 by Headmaster

Failed to get Allen.

Failed to get Ziyech.

Failed to get Chadli.

Failed to get Valencia (why the f!ck we were in for him in the first place, I'll never know).

Failed to replace Ayew.

And those are just the ones we know about. We bought two CBs inexperienced with top-flight football and our most promising prospect is currently injured. That's investment and "taking us to the next level" see.

Having said that, I wish Mawson all the best, but I don't think he'll be enough to sort out our leaky defence. As for LLorente, shape up or ship out. No doubt the happy clappers will down-vote this, but forgive me for feeling royally p!ssed off right now.

Why does anybody who has an ounce of positivity in their body have to be described as a happy clapper?
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:09 - Sep 1 with 1660 viewsHeadmaster

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:00 - Sep 1 by lifelong

Why does anybody who has an ounce of positivity in their body have to be described as a happy clapper?

The same reason anybody who dares to criticise the team after a poor performance gets called a negative doom-monger.
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:09 - Sep 1 with 1659 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 03:54 - Sep 1 by Griffting

I was a bit bemused at that journalist Riath Al-Samarrai saying that b'mouth were on another level than Swansea after this transfer window simply because they'd signed Wilshere on loan.

They are!

They've been decisive and ambitious throughout the window whereas we've been dithering at best!

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:10 - Sep 1 with 1652 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 07:16 - Sep 1 by blaine_scfc

Or clubs just don't like dealing with him? The situation with Utrecht etc.

And the ML agent thingy from a few years ago.

I was talking about this exact topic with a mate of mine yesterday. You know, the might be something in it.
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:26 - Sep 1 with 1608 viewslifelong

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:09 - Sep 1 by Headmaster

The same reason anybody who dares to criticise the team after a poor performance gets called a negative doom-monger.

Well here's a couple of positive thoughts for you, our new £15m striker could turn out to be a better player than Ayew, likewise our new centre back could turn out to be a better player than Williams, but let's write them off before we see them kick a ball eh?
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:36 - Sep 1 with 1579 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:26 - Sep 1 by lifelong

Well here's a couple of positive thoughts for you, our new £15m striker could turn out to be a better player than Ayew, likewise our new centre back could turn out to be a better player than Williams, but let's write them off before we see them kick a ball eh?

Why is it when someone presents a point of view on this board such as those at the moment and we get the same old same old responses.

Baston maybe brilliant. But our squad still has weaknesses.
Mawson might be the next ash. But our squad still has weaknesses.

It had these weaknesses before ash and ayew left. Our fans are rightly concerned by the continuing failure of our DOF to recruit and provide the manager with the tools. No amount of Mawson or Baston might be good will change that view as our squad still has many weaknesses which can be seen by most, can it not?
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:38 - Sep 1 with 1570 viewsHeadmaster

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:26 - Sep 1 by lifelong

How is calling Baston "our most promising prospect" writing him off? Same with Mawson, wish him all the best and hope he shows what he can do, but I don't think he'll be enough that's all.

Fact is, we have not replaced Ayew and this window has been abysmal. Good for you if you feel positive after it, I will continue to feel disappointed until I see improvements on the pitch.
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:40 - Sep 1 with 1562 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:36 - Sep 1 by costalotta

Why is it when someone presents a point of view on this board such as those at the moment and we get the same old same old responses.

Baston maybe brilliant. But our squad still has weaknesses.
Mawson might be the next ash. But our squad still has weaknesses.

It had these weaknesses before ash and ayew left. Our fans are rightly concerned by the continuing failure of our DOF to recruit and provide the manager with the tools. No amount of Mawson or Baston might be good will change that view as our squad still has many weaknesses which can be seen by most, can it not?

Out of interest, what are these many weaknesses that we have (irrespective of Ayew and Ash leaving)?

I'm not saying there aren't any - all squads at all clubs are a work in progress to some degree.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:47 - Sep 1 with 1536 viewsGriffting

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:09 - Sep 1 by costalotta

They are!

They've been decisive and ambitious throughout the window whereas we've been dithering at best!

Wake up and smell the coffee.

B'mouth aren't on a different level to us. Wilshere gets a long term injury first game and I'd say they are just as weak as last year. They look worse in what I've seen so far/ less intenstity.

And I'm not defending us btw, I think we've been p*ss poor.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 8:49]
Transfer Deadline Day on 08:51 - Sep 1 with 1512 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:40 - Sep 1 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Out of interest, what are these many weaknesses that we have (irrespective of Ayew and Ash leaving)?

I'm not saying there aren't any - all squads at all clubs are a work in progress to some degree.

Aging squad.
Full backs
Centre back
Creativity.

How's that for a start.
Transfer Deadline Day on 09:01 - Sep 1 with 1480 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Deadline Day on 07:26 - Sep 1 by awayjack

If you ignore the fact it's the clown Merson, summary is right in that we've not replaced the quality going out so have a much weaker squad on par with our peer group, now Hull, Burnley, Boro and WBA - at the bottom of the premier food chain.

We don't know if we've replaced the 'quality' going out so he's wrong even if it turns out right! We may well have replaced an ageing CB who was determined to leave and would need replacing within 18 months anyway with a long term option, and replaced a team misfit who has been demanding out since 6 months into his massive contract with a proper striker, and pocketed 12m overall in the process. For all we know we will be stronger in those areas.....it's a risk but we just do not know.

Those two actions are defendable and not the issue. The issue is that we've not strengthened further with the surpluses and increased turnover. That's what's pi$$ing me off.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:09 - Sep 1 with 1448 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:01 - Sep 1 by monmouth

We don't know if we've replaced the 'quality' going out so he's wrong even if it turns out right! We may well have replaced an ageing CB who was determined to leave and would need replacing within 18 months anyway with a long term option, and replaced a team misfit who has been demanding out since 6 months into his massive contract with a proper striker, and pocketed 12m overall in the process. For all we know we will be stronger in those areas.....it's a risk but we just do not know.

Those two actions are defendable and not the issue. The issue is that we've not strengthened further with the surpluses and increased turnover. That's what's pi$$ing me off.

I don't think you're alone.

What do you think the Western Mail article this morning?

You know, I haven't read that rag in yers. Picked up on its published stories here. I know now why I stopped reading it.
Transfer Deadline Day on 09:23 - Sep 1 with 1398 viewsPrivate_Partz

'Risk' is the operative word for me. Selling at a profit and bringing in cheaper players who can improve the squad is fine. Problem is I have little faith in the knowledge of Huw or our scouting network (if it still exists) to do this.
You are right. These signing could improve the squad. The new defenders and strikers could indeed fit the bill. We have done little to boost midfield so there is a massive weight on Leon, Corky and in particular Leroy, Siggy and Ki to deliver.
If these fall into place then we may very well be OK. It is a big risk however and if we survive this season it wil bite us on the ass eventually.
It seems the new buyers will take us on to the next level eventually. The next level below. I hoped these guys and their contacts would bring extra money into the club so we can at least compete with our peers in the transfer market. It most certainly seems that this is not the case,

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:25 - Sep 1 with 1394 viewsAl_Bundy

The club has and still is putting a lot of faith in the old guard players from our Championship days and putting a lot of trust in our young players.

The midfield looks especially the centre looks a bit thread bare as it stands with little creativity in there so when the injuries and suspensions kick in we will struggle massively.

Spending a fortune isn't always the answer but looking at the likes of Bournemouth , Stoke and Palace along with Boro , Burnley and Watford they have all strengthened who are our direct competitors.

Can see an almighty panic looming in December if FG struggles to get the best out of what we have currently.

Lets hope the new strikers get some service and goals sooner rather than later and Mawson becomes a bit of gem and shores up the CB issue.
Transfer Deadline Day on 09:29 - Sep 1 with 1384 viewsjasper_T

This is all Guidolin's fault.

If he hadn't produced top 8 form with these terrible players we wouldn't be in this mess!
Transfer Deadline Day on 09:34 - Sep 1 with 1369 viewsSwansNZ

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:29 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

If he hadn't produced top 8 form with these terrible players we wouldn't be in this mess!

Quite right, what the hell was he thinking.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:37 - Sep 1 with 1357 viewsmajorraglan

We may have more options up front and prove to be stronger in that area, but I don't think we are going to be stronger at the back. Mawson may well be an excellent signing, but he is going to need time to settle and bed himself in and I don't think he will have that luxury.

The last few Windows have been poor, and you are spot on re not strengthening further, Leon and Angel are 34 in the next few weeks and Routs is 31. We have turned profits on players, but a lot of our previous transfer business has been poor and incurred losses. We have to cut cloth and live with in our means, but we also need to ensure we remain competitive. I think we are going to struggle this year.
Transfer Deadline Day on 09:40 - Sep 1 with 1347 viewsawayjack

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:25 - Sep 1 by Al_Bundy

The club has and still is putting a lot of faith in the old guard players from our Championship days and putting a lot of trust in our young players.

The midfield looks especially the centre looks a bit thread bare as it stands with little creativity in there so when the injuries and suspensions kick in we will struggle massively.

Spending a fortune isn't always the answer but looking at the likes of Bournemouth , Stoke and Palace along with Boro , Burnley and Watford they have all strengthened who are our direct competitors.

Can see an almighty panic looming in December if FG struggles to get the best out of what we have currently.

Lets hope the new strikers get some service and goals sooner rather than later and Mawson becomes a bit of gem and shores up the CB issue.

That's the key point a lot seem to be missing. Even after shipping out the Laudrup players, in terms of proven quality we haven't really replaced Bony, Ayew and Williams and with legs going on our old guard. So our squad has absolutely gone backwards in 2 years whilst others around us have used big increase in TV money to improve their squads significantly. Agree every player signing is a risk but we're taking far too many risks relative to our peers as we look to cash in on quality and replace with unproven prospects.
Transfer Deadline Day on 09:52 - Sep 1 with 1313 viewsAl_Bundy

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:29 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

You jest.. new season , last season is totally irrelevant.
Transfer Deadline Day on 10:03 - Sep 1 with 1302 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:00 - Sep 1 by lifelong

Because they are the doom & gloomers .

The anti Huw brigade
The ones who you only see on here when there's something to moan about
The ones that think we've got a bottomless pot of money

The ones who are the experts of running a premier league football club

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:10 - Sep 1 with 1283 viewsperchrockjack

Having positivity doesn't mean expecting second best.

It's also an overused word used by those unable to face up to facts ...in public.

I defy any fan to be happy/positive right now. It's whistling in graveyard stuff.

We need to be disgruntled, to show all we are not happy to see our club get screwed for pure personal gain.

We have utterly failed to grow the club

We were told the takeover was to take us to the next level. I assumed that would be upwards.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:17 - Sep 1 with 1260 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:10 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

It's also an overused word used by those unable to face up to facts ...in public.

I defy any fan to be happy/positive right now. It's whistling in graveyard stuff.

We need to be disgruntled, to show all we are not happy to see our club get screwed for pure personal gain.

We were told the takeover was to take us to the next level. I assumed that would be upwards.

We've got a tough couple of months fixtures coming up Perch and it might not be happy reading .

But to defy anyone of being positive is just F@cking appauling .

Support the club , the players next Sunday get behind your club , this anti swansea sh!te has got way out of hand .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:19 - Sep 1 with 1255 viewsSwansNZ

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:10 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

You believe what you were told?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024