Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vale vs Dale Match Fred 19:09 - Aug 16 with 21441 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Lillis
tanser
mcnulty
caravan
Harrison
Calvin
NML
Donald
Allen
cannon
hendo
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:43 - Aug 16 with 2755 viewsnordenblue

FT
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 2747 views442Dale

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:38 - Aug 16 by Dale23years

His loan / short term deals over the last couple seasons been shocking ( logan apart )

Canavan was a good loan signing. Whether we should have brought him back permanently with little competition for his place is a different argument.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 2716 viewsYouTubeDale

FT

Lost again. Bogey ground. That's our excuse anyway. No momentum in the second half.

ANOTHER cheap freekick given away, not defended well enough.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:45 - Aug 16 with 2689 views1mark1

Shit. Bad result.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:47 - Aug 16 with 2615 viewsisitme

Thompson did okay when he came on. We weren't creative enough to deserve victory but again paid the penalty for not defending set pieces properly.

Camps should have started over Tanser and I'm not sure what Odelusi brings to the team.
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:49 - Aug 16 with 2571 viewsShun

Was it McNulty who gave away the free kick that resulted in the goal? If that's the case then I make it that every single goal we've conceded this season, league and cup, has come down our left side?
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:52 - Aug 16 with 2491 viewsirisaln

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:35 - Aug 16 by RotherhamDale

Maybe we'd have more of a chance if Hill signed some half decent players and not his mates...

Good point!!!!!!
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:52 - Aug 16 with 2490 views442Dale

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:49 - Aug 16 by Shun

Was it McNulty who gave away the free kick that resulted in the goal? If that's the case then I make it that every single goal we've conceded this season, league and cup, has come down our left side?

If Rafferty is injured, we need someone at both right and left back now. Badly short at the back and it would be very worrying if McGahey hadn't started so well (obviously not seen him tonight)

Login to get fewer ads

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:52 - Aug 16 with 2483 viewsYouTubeDale

In a word...yes.

[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 21:59]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 2442 viewsisitme

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:52 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

If Rafferty is injured, we need someone at both right and left back now. Badly short at the back and it would be very worrying if McGahey hadn't started so well (obviously not seen him tonight)

I thought McGahey did well again. Him and Allen were probably our best players.
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 2406 viewsfitzochris

Even without input from my friends who were there, that selection was befuddling. I'm looking forward to the post-match chat with Hilly to hear the reasons.

I don't buy all that bogey ground stuff either, otherwise what's the point of turning up to compete?

From those at the ground, Port Vale offered little and we offered less. One text I had said JT was our most dangerous player, which says a lot to me.

I think it is imperative we add more competition to the squad before the end of August.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:57 - Aug 16 with 2385 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Guess which side MKD will attack on SaturdaY?
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:57 - Aug 16 with 2376 viewsJimmyRustler

So Cannon has scored 3 in 3, been our best player so far and then gets shunted at RB?

Fookin beggars belief. Not shocked the lad was frustrated. I'd be absolutely revving.
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 2355 views442Dale

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:57 - Aug 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Rochdale.

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 2338 viewsSaxonDale

To not play your best player in his best position is really, really poor. Cannon has got 3 in 3 so far this season, he's clearly in the goalscoring form of his career so Hilly deserves to face criticism for his decision to move him to right back tonight. If there's no other options available then he needs to recruit, because it's a waste having Cannon there.

Very poor, almost senseless from McNulty to commit what sounds like a stupid foul in an important area of the pitch at 0-0. The same happened Saturday and for it to happen again tonight really does grate. McNulty is a senior member of the squad and he needs to act as such on the pitch.

Our record at defending set pieces in becoming farcical. I can't see how this club will be even remotely successful if our record of defending free kicks and corners continues to be so poor. It's been going on for far too long and I don't know whether it's the system deployed, the average height of our team or a poor mentality but it really is piss poor.

Not one for knee-jerk posts after games, especially ones I haven't attended but it's incredibly frustrating watching our club let ourselves down with such amateur moments on the pitch. It's already cost us more points than it should have this season, lets hope Hilly addresses it and it costs us no more.
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:00 - Aug 16 with 2304 viewsdingdangblue

Since 1929
26 league visits to Port Vale
0 wins

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:06 - Aug 16 with 2206 viewsRotherhamDale

Why is he playing McNulty at left back anyway? He's a lump of a defender who isn't the best on the ball and he certainly isn't the quickest. If he plays against any half decent winger then he's going to get ripped to shreds.

I just don't see why Hill hasn't recruited properly. Most other clubs have. The club isn't skint, and yet hes signing his mates like Joe T and RNL (who doesn't even get a look in) instead of recruiting exciting players like he used to do.

Possession with progression.

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:06 - Aug 16 with 2200 viewsD_Alien

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 21:57 - Aug 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Joking aside, can anyone really say they're salivating over this one?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:09 - Aug 16 with 2168 viewsThacks_Rabbits

In fairness we never spend anything on players, behind the scenes crowds are always blamed, we must have cut wages this season based on who has left. I won't buy anything from the club I love until they show some ambition and stop taking the piss. Allen will probably leave in Jan but we have a "ready made replacement" in j.t. Not being negative as I have seen some true dross in past 30 odd years but something does not feel right behind the scenes at the moment. Remember out record signing? Paul Connor and that was under Sutton!!!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:18 - Aug 16 with 2077 views442Dale

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:09 - Aug 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

In fairness we never spend anything on players, behind the scenes crowds are always blamed, we must have cut wages this season based on who has left. I won't buy anything from the club I love until they show some ambition and stop taking the piss. Allen will probably leave in Jan but we have a "ready made replacement" in j.t. Not being negative as I have seen some true dross in past 30 odd years but something does not feel right behind the scenes at the moment. Remember out record signing? Paul Connor and that was under Sutton!!!!!!!

Sutton left over six years before!

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:21 - Aug 16 with 2043 viewsfitzochris

Connor was Parkin, but I appreciate where you're coming from.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:21 - Aug 16 with 2043 viewsSwissdale

Really poor tonight. Don't agree with criticism of Canavan, him and McGahey were solid tonight. Unfortunately Keith continues to jam a square peg in a round hole at left back, and once again, he was poor.

Most worrying for me was our lack of creativity going forward - we created nothing of note all night. Cannon being shunted to right back after being our best player so far this season was baffling. Substitutions made no difference, apart from Joe Thompson giving away a penalty.

Keith got it horribly horribly wrong tonight.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 22:27]
Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:22 - Aug 16 with 2031 viewsrochdaleriddler

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:28 - Aug 16 with 1942 viewsrochdaleriddler

I've only been to the Peterborough game, but I got the feeling tonight that this is a game we could have won, with the right personnel and tactics.most Dale fans feel uneasy with mcnulty at left back, and fail to see what our loanee winger brings to the table. Then we have Thompson who has waltzed into the squad and comes on before, other players when we need a goal. Thompson and RNL may be cheap, but they ain't free and their wages should be being put to better use

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:28 - Aug 16 with 1941 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Vale vs Dale Match Fred on 22:18 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

Sutton left over six years before!

Mind is addled by lack of signings for past 15 years. Your right 442 can't recall who signed conner. Was it Simpson? Point remains same though

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024