Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fab stat 14:49 - Aug 14 with 2717 viewssully49

Underling his importance to us.
Since moving to Swansea City in the summer of 2014, Łukasz Fabianski has kept 23 clean sheets in the Premier League; only Manchester City's Joe Hart (29), David de Gea of Manchester United (25) and Liverpool's Simon Mignolet (24) can better this haul.
â—¾Fabianski has also made 255 saves in the Premier League, more than any other goalkeeper
Swansea are unbeaten in their past eight Premier League games played in the month of August (W6 D2 L0).

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Fab stat on 15:06 - Aug 14 with 2652 viewsdickythorpe

He was on top form yesterday. Very switched on 'keeper that's for sure!
Fab stat on 15:25 - Aug 14 with 2611 viewsshandyjack

not bad behind a defence that has rubbish full backs and a CH captain who couldn't head a ball properly

Poll: Expectation for the season

Fab stat on 15:38 - Aug 14 with 2572 viewsicecoldjack

But I thought we just sold the rock that was keeping us up ?

Well done fab, was world class yesterday and made sure we took all 3 pts.
Fab stat on 16:25 - Aug 14 with 2509 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Fab stat on 15:25 - Aug 14 by shandyjack

not bad behind a defence that has rubbish full backs and a CH captain who couldn't head a ball properly

Indeed, if Fab has had to make more saves than anyone else in the PL, couldn't that also be construed as an indictment of our defence (AW and FF in particular) the last 2 seasons?

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Fab stat on 16:45 - Aug 14 with 2460 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Not sure about playing him at sweeper in future after his one moment yesterday(!), but yeah, a great signing for us who has settled off the pitch to, which is nice

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Fab stat on 16:47 - Aug 14 with 2456 viewssully49

Fab stat on 16:25 - Aug 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

Indeed, if Fab has had to make more saves than anyone else in the PL, couldn't that also be construed as an indictment of our defence (AW and FF in particular) the last 2 seasons?

2 + 2 = 4 in this case Tumms, it was all too evident yesterday also. There are other very good threads on the need to bring in a QUALITY defender, it is most certainly our weakest area.

Fab stat on 17:15 - Aug 14 with 2413 viewslancasterswan

Certainly an interesting stat Sully49 and some of the comments about the defence are interesting. I wouldn't want to knock anything that AW has ever done for the Swans and have the greatest appreciation for his massive contribution to where we are now .... but ... does anyone else feel he was making a few too many positional mistakes towards the end of last season and also in the England game in the Euros? Maybe it's just tiredness I was seeing, (few people in the Prem could have put in more minutes until he was rested in May) but have we cashed in at the right time in his career? It seems strange to say it, but I think he may be missed more as a Club Captain than as the solid core of the defence. Perhaps how we fare with set pieces and corners in the next few weeks might show more, they were a big weakness last term. My big surprise was AW's choice of Everton. A difficult, nervous and highly critical home crowd every time I've been there. Look at how they reacted to our away win in the winter.

Fabianski .... great reaction save after the free kick into the wall and a great all round performance keeping us in the game....and I want to see Nordfeldt hungry too, I rate the man and he would be first choice in many clubs.
Fab stat on 17:20 - Aug 14 with 2398 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fab stat on 17:15 - Aug 14 by lancasterswan

Certainly an interesting stat Sully49 and some of the comments about the defence are interesting. I wouldn't want to knock anything that AW has ever done for the Swans and have the greatest appreciation for his massive contribution to where we are now .... but ... does anyone else feel he was making a few too many positional mistakes towards the end of last season and also in the England game in the Euros? Maybe it's just tiredness I was seeing, (few people in the Prem could have put in more minutes until he was rested in May) but have we cashed in at the right time in his career? It seems strange to say it, but I think he may be missed more as a Club Captain than as the solid core of the defence. Perhaps how we fare with set pieces and corners in the next few weeks might show more, they were a big weakness last term. My big surprise was AW's choice of Everton. A difficult, nervous and highly critical home crowd every time I've been there. Look at how they reacted to our away win in the winter.

Fabianski .... great reaction save after the free kick into the wall and a great all round performance keeping us in the game....and I want to see Nordfeldt hungry too, I rate the man and he would be first choice in many clubs.

We struck gold with Fab, his save yesterday was world class

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Fab stat on 17:22 - Aug 14 with 2387 viewsdickythorpe

Fab is so much better than Mignolet!!
Fab stat on 18:58 - Aug 14 with 2258 viewssully49

Fab stat on 17:20 - Aug 14 by Brynmill_Jack

We struck gold with Fab, his save yesterday was world class

If I'm honest there were times yesterday that it flashed across my mind, a few times, that we looked weaker without him, and as I've said it was the aspect of our display that IMHO was the weakest. We will need to bring in a player to strengthen our defence that's for sure. It will be interesting to hear/read any reactions from the club.

It probably was the right time for him to go, to boulster his pension, poor thing and £10M wasn't a bad bit of business either. WIN,WIN.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024