Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West ham 18:58 - May 10 with 19117 viewsHayesender

Now I have nothing personal against West ham, but surely I can't be the only one fed up with this West ham wnkathon on the TV?

Academy of football, Bobby Moore, sir Geoff, cockney geezers, salt of the earth and every other cliché they could think up.

Bollox to them, I'm off to have some pie and eels

Poll: Shamima Beghum

West ham on 22:03 - May 10 with 4073 viewsCamberleyR

West ham on 22:01 - May 10 by DeepcutHoop

Martin Tyler sounds suicidal.

Which is unusual being a closet red.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

West ham on 22:04 - May 10 with 4064 viewsDeepcutHoop

Clive

Bradley

West ham on 22:07 - May 10 with 4041 viewsCamberleyR

Fck me, 3-2 now!

West ham on 22:07 - May 10 with 4036 viewsdaveB

brilliant game this tonight.

i was at that 4-0 game in 93 in the West Ham end and after celebrating the fourth goal a little too much we made an early exit
West ham on 22:26 - May 10 with 3923 viewsJuzzie

Cracking last 15 mins. Possibly denied Man U a CL place too, Man City just need to not lose and it's theirs.
West ham on 22:26 - May 10 with 3924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trevor Brooking: "You hoped the game would be remembered for the right reasons, Its been an awesome night. Overall West Ham deserved to win but 3-2 is a great game to end it all. Everyone here will remember."

It won't be remembered as a 3-2 mid-table win, it'll be remembered for crowd violence, a delayed kick-off and a smashed-up away team bus.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

West ham on 22:35 - May 10 with 3843 viewsHollowayRanger

West ham on 21:38 - May 10 by richranger

1976 :>)

my favourite QPR kit

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

West ham on 22:37 - May 10 with 3829 viewsdaveB

West ham on 22:26 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Trevor Brooking: "You hoped the game would be remembered for the right reasons, Its been an awesome night. Overall West Ham deserved to win but 3-2 is a great game to end it all. Everyone here will remember."

It won't be remembered as a 3-2 mid-table win, it'll be remembered for crowd violence, a delayed kick-off and a smashed-up away team bus.

should be remembered for what a good game it was. West Ham must be kicking themselves, if they had beaten Swansea they'd be 4th now
Login to get fewer ads

West ham (n/t) on 22:42 - May 10 with 3792 viewsQPRDave

[Post edited 10 May 2016 22:43]
West ham on 22:45 - May 10 with 3769 viewsQPRDave

Man Utd players on the bus

https://twitter.com/awaydays_
West ham on 23:08 - May 10 with 3636 viewsAndyB

Two things
1.Boleyn ground ??? Always, always known as Upton Park to everyone. Why are they so adamant its known as something different now?
2. This farewell party is absolute turds.
3. I have no idea why i am watching it
West ham on 23:18 - May 10 with 3587 viewsdaveB

West ham on 23:08 - May 10 by AndyB

Two things
1.Boleyn ground ??? Always, always known as Upton Park to everyone. Why are they so adamant its known as something different now?

the farewell party is dreadful, should have just let the fans run on the pitch
West ham on 23:20 - May 10 with 3577 viewsCamberleyR

West ham on 23:08 - May 10 by AndyB

Two things

Jonathan Pearce in his 1548 Capital Gold days always annoyingly called it the Boleyn Ground but nobody else did.

Don't remember Sky going this OTT when Highbury, surely a more historic ground than the "Boleyn Ground", had it's last game there.

West ham on 23:23 - May 10 with 3563 viewsOregonQPR

The comperes, in particular the lady, are shocking. Symtamatic of the over the top cliches and repeating of questions that have no substance so common place today.

Such a shame because that felt like a match from the distant past with player commitment and a fantastic atmosphere.
West ham on 23:24 - May 10 with 3557 viewsAndyB

It is the Boleyn Ground in Upton Park.
I think everyone knows that - but everyone seems utterly detemined not to say the "U" word tonight.

Wondering if the new stadium is gonna have Boleyn in the name somewhere - seems like some sort of marketing thing to me.
[Post edited 10 May 2016 23:25]
West ham on 23:25 - May 10 with 2934 viewsBrightonhoop

FA investigating the attack on Manures coach and coins thrown during the game. No doubt QPR will be fined.
West ham on 23:26 - May 10 with 2926 viewsAndyB

Feck me - its getting worse.

Why am i still watching?
West ham on 01:38 - May 11 with 2747 viewsstowmarketrange

West ham on 22:35 - May 10 by HollowayRanger

my favourite QPR kit

My first ever away game.I was 16.Me and my mate got the tube all the way over from Putney Bridge on the district line.
Neither of us had ever been there and just decided to head for a terrace to stand on.First few minutes and Bonds or Lampard clatters into Dave Thomas.
"Send him off" I shout.Then I suddenly realised I'm the only one shouting it,and that we're standing in the Chicken Run,and there are angry faces staring at me.
Luckily it was only peanuts thrown my way and not punches.
One of their biggest blokes turns round to me and says "Shut yer mouf mate you ain't at 'ome now.

I don't remember celebrating our 2 goals too much and left just before the final whistle.
West ham on 02:30 - May 11 with 2721 viewsBoston

West ham on 01:38 - May 11 by stowmarketrange

My first ever away game.I was 16.Me and my mate got the tube all the way over from Putney Bridge on the district line.
Neither of us had ever been there and just decided to head for a terrace to stand on.First few minutes and Bonds or Lampard clatters into Dave Thomas.
"Send him off" I shout.Then I suddenly realised I'm the only one shouting it,and that we're standing in the Chicken Run,and there are angry faces staring at me.
Luckily it was only peanuts thrown my way and not punches.
One of their biggest blokes turns round to me and says "Shut yer mouf mate you ain't at 'ome now.

I don't remember celebrating our 2 goals too much and left just before the final whistle.

As intimidating as Upton Park could be, they never really bothered with any of us. We weren't on their radar and from what I experienced couldn't care less as long as we didn't group up or make too much noise. Generally stood on the South Bank, though did use the West Side on a couple of occasions because we liked their bars staying open after the match and, the West Ham who stayed for a drink afterwards were alright. But back to the South Bank...useful firm of theirs in the middle and when we scored you'd have to make the mental calculation if jumping was in ones best health interests. As it was, it always surprised me just how many did jump, with very little consequences as a result, only ever saw a couple of scuffles, none of them serious. As I said, you just didn't take the piss and for the best part you'd be fine.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

West ham on 03:13 - May 11 with 2710 viewsPlanetHonneywood

West ham on 19:53 - May 10 by MrSheen

It is a bit like the coverage of the Queen Mother's funeral.

To be fair, she was never the same after Billy Bonds hung up his boots!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West ham on 03:21 - May 11 with 2700 viewsstowmarketrange

West ham on 02:30 - May 11 by Boston

As intimidating as Upton Park could be, they never really bothered with any of us. We weren't on their radar and from what I experienced couldn't care less as long as we didn't group up or make too much noise. Generally stood on the South Bank, though did use the West Side on a couple of occasions because we liked their bars staying open after the match and, the West Ham who stayed for a drink afterwards were alright. But back to the South Bank...useful firm of theirs in the middle and when we scored you'd have to make the mental calculation if jumping was in ones best health interests. As it was, it always surprised me just how many did jump, with very little consequences as a result, only ever saw a couple of scuffles, none of them serious. As I said, you just didn't take the piss and for the best part you'd be fine.

You're right there.I think they seem to have a hatred of half of the other London teams,but we aren't one of them.
I was also there for the 3-0 win in August 87?,and there were fans being arrested and thrown out at 2.50,and that was 10 minutes before the season had even started.

The queue for the tube last time was a lot worse than I ever remember before,and its likely to be even worse at Stratford.
West ham on 03:22 - May 11 with 2696 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Surprised no one has referred to the 3-0 win there at the start of the 87-88 season.

First half by the Rangers was one of the finest ever. Totally mullared them. The next day, Rangers had an open day and I was talking to Mark Dennis - who like Wayne Fereday was unplayable in the wing-back role - and he said that he'd offered Mark Ward out in the tunnel at half time. They'd be going at it for the first 45.

Great game.

Larged it, but left very quietly after the game.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West ham on 08:57 - May 11 with 2479 viewsqprxtc

Should Rangers ever leave Loftus Road, please do not let poxy Sky anywhere near us.
What a muck up they made of it. If I were a West ham fan and that was my last memory of being in Upton Park I would be seriously peed off.

They just hijacked it and took away any chance of the fans actually celebrating the place. ‘You will enjoy the way we want you to’ say Sky. No wonder they’d been banging on about it so much.

It's the fans chance to say goodbye to the place, just leave them to it.

What a big load of old c0ck.
West ham on 09:15 - May 11 with 2449 viewsDeepcutHoop

West ham on 08:57 - May 11 by qprxtc

Should Rangers ever leave Loftus Road, please do not let poxy Sky anywhere near us.
What a muck up they made of it. If I were a West ham fan and that was my last memory of being in Upton Park I would be seriously peed off.

They just hijacked it and took away any chance of the fans actually celebrating the place. ‘You will enjoy the way we want you to’ say Sky. No wonder they’d been banging on about it so much.

It's the fans chance to say goodbye to the place, just leave them to it.

What a big load of old c0ck.

What did Sky do to ruin it?
West ham on 09:26 - May 11 with 2412 viewsToast_R

West ham on 09:15 - May 11 by DeepcutHoop

What did Sky do to ruin it?

Filmed the firework display.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024