Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just being nosey 22:28 - Mar 23 with 8369 viewsFrog

Does anyone know who the huge warehouse being built off KIngsway (I think it is, or Queensway) is for?
Just being nosey on 23:12 - Mar 23 with 4934 viewsmr_fri_night

I heard it is Dascher moving from Chichester Street
Just being nosey on 23:19 - Mar 23 with 4917 viewsbatfink

I heard it was yodel, a few weeks ago there was a report in the observer that two units were being built speculatively though.
Just being nosey on 23:34 - Mar 23 with 4894 viewsD_Alien

Just being nosey on 23:19 - Mar 23 by batfink

I heard it was yodel, a few weeks ago there was a report in the observer that two units were being built speculatively though.

A couple of weeks ago there were reports that the Yodel depot in Shaw was being scaled down and some staff made redundant. It didn't mention they were relocating to Kingsway - which if they did would allow easier access to the motorway network.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 23:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just being nosey on 06:53 - Mar 24 with 4763 viewsbatfink

Also heard the other site up a little from JD and on opposite side is more housing
Just being nosey on 09:42 - Apr 1 with 4310 viewsToffeemanc

Just being nosey on 23:12 - Mar 23 by mr_fri_night

I heard it is Dascher moving from Chichester Street

Been told by someone who works for Dachser that the current unit being built isn't for Dachser, although they have purchased land on the Kingsway site around 12-18 months ago which they will be building on and moving to in the future.

The rumour for the new unit being built is that it is for a company called C R Laurence.
I'm told they already have their UK head office on the site and the new building is going to be for their new UK warehouse. Given the size of the building it should bring in a few jobs locally if true.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Just being nosey on 10:19 - Apr 1 with 4238 viewsjudd

Just being nosey on 09:42 - Apr 1 by Toffeemanc

Been told by someone who works for Dachser that the current unit being built isn't for Dachser, although they have purchased land on the Kingsway site around 12-18 months ago which they will be building on and moving to in the future.

The rumour for the new unit being built is that it is for a company called C R Laurence.
I'm told they already have their UK head office on the site and the new building is going to be for their new UK warehouse. Given the size of the building it should bring in a few jobs locally if true.

The new facility is being built in order to house a local football club's library of CCJ documents.

They have already applied for planning permission for an extension.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just being nosey on 10:31 - Apr 1 with 4218 viewsSuddenLad

Just being nosey on 10:19 - Apr 1 by judd

The new facility is being built in order to house a local football club's library of CCJ documents.

Have they sold the car park yet ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just being nosey on 10:38 - Apr 1 with 4201 viewsjudd

Just being nosey on 10:31 - Apr 1 by SuddenLad

Have they sold the car park yet ?

Yes, to a concert promoter/long distance runner.

Login to get fewer ads

Just being nosey on 11:01 - Apr 1 with 4157 viewsdeezel

Just being nosey on 10:19 - Apr 1 by judd

I assume the extension is for a medical centre to treat injured employees?
Just being nosey on 11:04 - Apr 1 with 4148 viewsSuddenLad

Just being nosey on 11:01 - Apr 1 by deezel

It's a development centre for 'special human beings'.

Just being nosey on 11:07 - Apr 1 with 4142 viewsdeezel

Just being nosey on 11:04 - Apr 1 by SuddenLad

It's a development centre for 'special human beings'.

They arrive "special"....what we do with them after is the problem
Just being nosey on 11:15 - Apr 1 with 4125 viewsD_Alien

Just being nosey on 11:07 - Apr 1 by deezel

They arrive "special"....what we do with them after is the problem

Maybe grow your own?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just being nosey on 11:17 - Apr 1 with 4115 viewsjudd

Just being nosey on 11:01 - Apr 1 by deezel

Just goalkeepers.

Just being nosey on 12:34 - Apr 1 with 4004 viewsToffeemanc

Just being nosey on 11:17 - Apr 1 by judd

Just goalkeepers.

No chance, it's not going to be big enough!

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Just being nosey on 12:53 - Apr 1 with 3954 viewsDomDale

I wonder how many jobs have been created in the Borough in the past 10 years that don't involve working in warehouses at £7 p/h .

I'd like to see more skilled, higher paid, jobs created in the town.

We're blessed with fantastic transport connections. Even if there's a lack of skills in OL 11 - 15 we're still easy to get to, it's cheap to live here too..

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Just being nosey on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 3863 views49thseason

Just being nosey on 12:53 - Apr 1 by DomDale

I wonder how many jobs have been created in the Borough in the past 10 years that don't involve working in warehouses at £7 p/h .

I'd like to see more skilled, higher paid, jobs created in the town.

We're blessed with fantastic transport connections. Even if there's a lack of skills in OL 11 - 15 we're still easy to get to, it's cheap to live here too..

When Kingsway was first mooted, I was told categorically that it would not simply be given over to warehousing and that manufacturing and high-tech companies would be moving in.

Needless to say, when they started to advertise the fact that the best reason for bringing new businesses to Rochdale was the low wages (the only USP they could think of I imagine), hey presto, more warehouses. It's what happens when you let bureaucrats who have never had a proper job get involved in business.
Just being nosey on 14:12 - Apr 1 with 3856 viewsdingdangblue

Just being nosey on 11:15 - Apr 1 by D_Alien

Maybe grow your own?

More likely to borrow someone else's.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just being nosey on 14:52 - Apr 1 with 3810 viewsSuddenLad

Just being nosey on 14:09 - Apr 1 by 49thseason

When Kingsway was first mooted, I was told categorically that it would not simply be given over to warehousing and that manufacturing and high-tech companies would be moving in.

Needless to say, when they started to advertise the fact that the best reason for bringing new businesses to Rochdale was the low wages (the only USP they could think of I imagine), hey presto, more warehouses. It's what happens when you let bureaucrats who have never had a proper job get involved in business.

There were two hotel chains who were keen to be involved when the plans were initially mooted, but they withdrew long before it came to fruition whe the economic situation nose-dived.

Just being nosey on 15:55 - Apr 1 with 3742 viewsmingthemerciless

Just being nosey on 14:09 - Apr 1 by 49thseason

I couldn't agree more. The lack of higher profile, reasonably well paid, skilled jobs is holding back any real improvement in the Rochdale area. It's a vicious circle. Not many young people are being trained in the area for these sort of jobs so those sort companies don't come.

I remember reading a few years ago that in 1960 in the greater Rochdale area ( Milnrow, little borough, Heywood, Castleton etc ) there were over 20,000 people involved in the wider Engineering trades. Sheet metal work, Foundry Work, Spring making, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering etc. When they did the survey again about 8 years ago it was less than 3,000.

When I think of all the large companies that were involved in machinery building when I first started out as an apprentice in 1965 I can only think of Farrel Bridge in Castleton and Holroyds in Milnrow that still exist.
Just being nosey on 17:04 - Apr 1 with 3669 viewsTalkingSutty

Just being nosey on 15:55 - Apr 1 by mingthemerciless

I couldn't agree more. The lack of higher profile, reasonably well paid, skilled jobs is holding back any real improvement in the Rochdale area. It's a vicious circle. Not many young people are being trained in the area for these sort of jobs so those sort companies don't come.

I remember reading a few years ago that in 1960 in the greater Rochdale area ( Milnrow, little borough, Heywood, Castleton etc ) there were over 20,000 people involved in the wider Engineering trades. Sheet metal work, Foundry Work, Spring making, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering etc. When they did the survey again about 8 years ago it was less than 3,000.

When I think of all the large companies that were involved in machinery building when I first started out as an apprentice in 1965 I can only think of Farrel Bridge in Castleton and Holroyds in Milnrow that still exist.

Now there's a shortage of skilled engineers. Anybody remember the training school at Robinsons? Happy days.
Just being nosey on 18:15 - Apr 1 with 3605 viewsolympicdale

I heard today at work that its Yodel moving next door to JD.

Life is a game of fate.

Just being nosey on 18:17 - Apr 1 with 3597 viewsFrog

Thanks for all you replies, even yours Judd!

I was just asking for selfish reasons, I sell industrial cleaning machines, sweepers & scrubber driers etc. and always looking for leads!
Just being nosey on 19:06 - Apr 1 with 3535 viewsjudd

Just being nosey on 18:17 - Apr 1 by Frog

Thanks for all you replies, even yours Judd!

I was just asking for selfish reasons, I sell industrial cleaning machines, sweepers & scrubber driers etc. and always looking for leads!

Do they not run off batteries?

Just being nosey on 19:38 - Apr 1 with 3485 viewsflyerdale

Just being nosey on 15:55 - Apr 1 by mingthemerciless

Farrels German owned and holroyds Chinese owned.
Just being nosey on 20:30 - Apr 1 with 3420 viewsFrog

Just being nosey on 19:06 - Apr 1 by judd

Do they not run off batteries?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024