Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DOF 14:59 - Feb 24 with 9035 viewsThe_Mole

After watching TF recent interview for Sky Sports, moving forward, as we're no doubt writing off this season, the question is, do we really need a director of football to progress?

Forget whether you love or hate LF, is that position a bit of a waste when you have a hands on chairman/shareholders and supposedly the best CEO in the division?
DOF on 17:28 - Feb 25 with 1320 viewsdaveB

DOF on 14:42 - Feb 25 by WilloW4

Is Traore really injured? Then? Now? Whenever?.. I think even the Rangers hierarchy have just said 'sod it, let the boy run his contract down and he can bugger off'....Traore is one of the worst signings ever... He's on a par with Boswinga for me.

He was at the start of the season, I think he's just been ignored now
DOF on 17:44 - Feb 25 with 1298 viewsWilloW4

DOF on 17:28 - Feb 25 by daveB

He was at the start of the season, I think he's just been ignored now

By the whole wide world would be good..his mother still loves him..allegedly .!
DOF on 18:10 - Feb 25 with 1277 viewsTheBlob

I used to look forward to match days but this season they suck big time.
It's all about as entertaining as being lugged down cobbled streets in a tumbril to the Guillotine.....pulled by a flatulent dray horse and pelted with rotten fruit.
Still there's always a curry to look forward to.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

DOF on 23:36 - Feb 25 with 1186 viewsThe_Mole

If Les Ferdinand is doing a great job (none of us really know) a matter of opinion then what purpose does the CEO hold? My point bring originally, do we need both?

Dylan and Blob have hit the nail on this one with two opposing views; 1 being that Les is considered as a QPR legend and therefore was given a role to acknowledge that status - DOF.

Managers like NW and HR were/are never going to work alongside a DOF as they are old school and feel undermined by such role, therefore it questions it's significance?

Could the club still not make steady progress under an experienced CEO and a manager with good Championship experience...
DOF on 02:56 - Feb 26 with 1161 viewssuperhoopdownunder

At the moment I am sitting on the fence in relation to the requirement of a DOF and the performance of Les.

Les has been in this role for around 15 months
Lee Hoos has been here around 7-8 months
Jimmy has been here 2-3 months

Under Les as DOF we have been relegated and recruitment has been mixed (one third good signings, one third not sure and one third rubbish). This season was and should have been about consolidation. Our football generally has not been exciting to watch. Youngsters have not been given a chance. Is mid team where we should have aimed for?
Positives include there have been some improvements and standards set - first time for quite some time I would expect. Recuitment has generally been with younger players on the up with something to prove.
If we are stuck with FFP then we need to improve the strike rate of our recruitment, need to start producing our own players and cut out cost that is not required.

This summer I expect we will move on over 20 players (out of our 41 man squad - including 10 players out on loan) and recruit a few (probably a right back, centre half, 2 centre mids and a forward) If I was Les' boss I would see how things pan out over the next season before deciding firstly whether the role is required with Lee Hoos and Jimmy here and secondly assessing Les' performance in relation to deciding whether to keep him or not.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 3:01]
DOF on 11:30 - Feb 26 with 1098 viewsTacticalR

'Concealed within his fortress, the Manager sees all – his gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth and flesh. You know of what I speak, Gandalf – a great Eye… lidless… wreathed in flame.'

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024