Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DOF 14:59 - Feb 24 with 9034 viewsThe_Mole

After watching TF recent interview for Sky Sports, moving forward, as we're no doubt writing off this season, the question is, do we really need a director of football to progress?

Forget whether you love or hate LF, is that position a bit of a waste when you have a hands on chairman/shareholders and supposedly the best CEO in the division?
DOF on 09:46 - Feb 25 with 2297 viewsrsonist

You may also find that the DoF model is somewhat vindicated by practically every football club that isn't British using it.
DOF on 10:20 - Feb 25 with 2266 viewsdaveB

DOF on 08:28 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

Oh dear,another lecture on morality.Because one has gained respect as a player it doesn't necessarily follow into other enterprises - Gerry Francis found out that automatic deification doesn't happen.There's a huge amount of wish fulfillment here and there's not a lot of concrete proof.

What sort of proof do you want? No one knows if it is going to work but the current set up has a better chance of longer term success as it is looking beyond the next ten minutes than it did before
DOF on 10:38 - Feb 25 with 2241 viewsJamie

Whether you agree with DOFs in football or not, it's clear that QPR need somebody doing the day to day football administrative nonsense.

Gnanalingam is a respected CEO, but he's got no history in football. Hoos is respected in football but has far too much on with trying to fix the previous carnage.
DOF on 12:17 - Feb 25 with 2187 viewsDeano19766

If only we could bring Big Jim (RIP) back from the grave.......
DOF on 12:21 - Feb 25 with 2180 viewsTheBlob

DOF on 10:20 - Feb 25 by daveB

What sort of proof do you want? No one knows if it is going to work but the current set up has a better chance of longer term success as it is looking beyond the next ten minutes than it did before

How do you know it's got a better chance of success?Based on what?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

DOF on 12:39 - Feb 25 with 2154 viewspaulparker

DOF on 12:17 - Feb 25 by Deano19766

If only we could bring Big Jim (RIP) back from the grave.......

He loved a deal did Jim, but he also got through a lot of managers Deano

apart from Perch, Toszer, and Ramsey Les has done more good than harm ,
its all about next season for us now , the last of the deadwood like Hoilett, Traore, Diaketi, Green, Henry will be gone , and we may be able to shift Phillips, Caulker, Fer, & Sandro add Angella & Konchesky and we will be looking at another new team
I think JFH has done well even if its unspectacular go back 20 odd years to when Gerry 1st came as manager , that season we had a bad start drew about 15 games on the bounce but finished strong , the season after is when the team came into its own
I see that happening here , I really think we will be much better next season
I trust JFH & les , its only uncle tone who can fcuk things up from here on in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

DOF on 13:08 - Feb 25 with 2116 viewsRangersw12

DOF on 12:21 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

How do you know it's got a better chance of success?Based on what?

Based on the last 4 years

We bought expensive players on high wages which didn't work so we might aswell try getting younger players who see Rangers as a step up
DOF on 13:12 - Feb 25 with 2111 viewsTheBlob

DOF on 13:08 - Feb 25 by Rangersw12

Based on the last 4 years

We bought expensive players on high wages which didn't work so we might aswell try getting younger players who see Rangers as a step up

Yup,signing that youngster Konchesky was a masterstroke,as was Perch...

Login to get fewer ads

DOF on 13:18 - Feb 25 with 2101 viewsNeil_SI

DOF on 13:12 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

The idea behind that was to try and assemble a more experienced backline to help a younger and more inexperienced midfield and strike force. A perfectly reasonable approach, one that they thought would provide a solid backbone and platform, but one that on this occasion hasn't quite worked out at they would have liked.

That's one approach. An alternative to that is to try and build a strong spine, but that tends to be more expensive and more difficult to do as a result.
DOF on 13:26 - Feb 25 with 2080 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yes, and I hope it's Ferdinand for a while yet. I think he's doing a good job al in all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

DOF on 13:29 - Feb 25 with 2071 viewsRangersw12

What about Smithies , Hall , Washington , Luongo , Gladwin and Polter

Surely better signing those players than SWP , Bosingwa , Samba etc

It might not work but better to try it and keep within FFP and build a side than what we have done previously
DOF on 13:29 - Feb 25 with 2070 viewsdaveB

Well it was sign an experienced left back or go into the season without one as Traore, Yun and Robinson were all injured.He hasn't been all that but hasn't been a disaster either, just an average player to fill a gap for a few months.
DOF on 13:34 - Feb 25 with 2056 viewsYorkRanger

In my view we are on a sensible journey to try to re-shape the team and the way that the club does its business. Many will be frustrated as progress will be slow and steady and there will be many setbacks along the way.

I can live with this. If it takes a couple more seasons in the Championship so be it.

We will along the way have signings that people question. We are not going to be able to do this just by picking up signings from League 1 and League 2. We will need some experience, some will work out and some will not - for every Konchesky there will hopefully be a Shaun Derry.

There will also be signings that look really solid on paper (e.g. James Perch, previously Wigan's player of the season) that may not work out. There will be signings (a la Paul Furlong) that take time to come to fruition and then there will be signings that people question the sanity of (e.g. Clint Hill) that prove a masterstroke.

Hopefully one or two of the youngsters will also break through.

It will be interesting. I'm actually quite excited by the prospect ahead - perhaps I've just finally lost my mind...

Its going to be interesting
DOF on 13:38 - Feb 25 with 2046 viewsTheBlob

DOF on 13:29 - Feb 25 by daveB

Well it was sign an experienced left back or go into the season without one as Traore, Yun and Robinson were all injured.He hasn't been all that but hasn't been a disaster either, just an average player to fill a gap for a few months.

So the short term is suddenly quite acceptable?Get the idea now?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 13:39]

DOF on 13:43 - Feb 25 with 2038 viewsdaveB

DOF on 13:38 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

So the short term is suddenly quite acceptable?Get the idea now?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 13:39]

well you need to look at both short term and long term really rather than just one or the other. FFP means we can't go on just worrying about the first team from week to week signing players to fix short term problems all the time and signing a new squad every transfer window
DOF on 13:55 - Feb 25 with 1879 viewsWokingR

Can I just say how refreshing it is to have some grown ups on here for a change
People actually discussing and responding to opposing views without any anger, abuse or threats.
DOF on 14:26 - Feb 25 with 1857 viewsTheBlob

DOF on 13:55 - Feb 25 by WokingR

Can I just say how refreshing it is to have some grown ups on here for a change
People actually discussing and responding to opposing views without any anger, abuse or threats.

(I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here.This board's been dying on its feet lately )

DOF on 14:38 - Feb 25 with 1841 viewsWokingR

DOF on 14:26 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

(I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here.This board's been dying on its feet lately )

You know, I read every one of your posts and couldn't decide whether you were making a genuine case or just being bloody minded
DOF on 14:42 - Feb 25 with 1832 viewsWilloW4

DOF on 13:29 - Feb 25 by daveB

Is Traore really injured? Then? Now? Whenever?.. I think even the Rangers hierarchy have just said 'sod it, let the boy run his contract down and he can bugger off'....Traore is one of the worst signings ever... He's on a par with Boswinga for me.
DOF on 14:47 - Feb 25 with 1825 viewsTheBlob

DOF on 14:38 - Feb 25 by WokingR

You know, I read every one of your posts and couldn't decide whether you were making a genuine case or just being bloody minded

Genuine point about the DOF.I just see the post created for an individual after the intended purpose of the Sherwood/Ramsey/Ferdinand expected triumvirate didn't happen.
As for sniffing out so called new talent as justification as was mooted earlier....even I could have done that,it wasn't that complicated a process that needed an extra intermediary.That's what manager's assistants are supposed to do,this pecking order nonsense is going to end up like Denis Wise and Pardew if we're not careful.

DOF on 14:58 - Feb 25 with 1795 viewswhittocksRs

My feeling is we'll always struggle to find stability while Fernandes is an investor, as he has ambitions that a club of QPR's size will always struggle to reach. The next mad signing never feels far away, regardless of rhetoric and who is looking after the football.

That said, Les Ferdinand has come the closest out of anyone in TF's reign to bringing us back to a sensible, financially-viable footballing model. We've made a good number of good signings with sell-on value, a few unexpectedly bad ones (Perch, Toszer) and one or two stinkers (Konchesky). And LF has managed to get Fernandes to largely step away from the day-to-day decision-making, which is brilliant though not likely to last forever.

Lee Hoos is excellent at creating sustainable business plans and looking at the longer-term strategy. He's obviously begun with the wage structure and is doing a good job on that front. I don't know how long it will take him to improve the infrastructure of the club, but so far there's been no obvious efforts. But Hoos is no football man.

So, yes, we need people like Ferdinand looking after the football and creating a buffer between manager and a deluded boardroom.

However, I'm disappointed there's been so little faith placed in youth, especially as at least two of them have looked the part when trusted with games. That's as much Ferdinand's fault as anyone else's.
DOF on 15:03 - Feb 25 with 1780 viewsFredManRave

DOF on 14:26 - Feb 25 by TheBlob

Have you not seen the chocolate hostage thread?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

DOF on 15:55 - Feb 25 with 1743 viewsWilloW4

DOF on 15:03 - Feb 25 by FredManRave

Have you not seen the chocolate hostage thread?!

"Realising the chocolate hostage"... Marvellous, who needs Shakespeare ?, we've got LFW..!!
DOF on 16:06 - Feb 25 with 1733 viewsvegasranger

If Ferdinand has done a good job, what equates to a bad job? Most of the signings in the summer weren't up to much. We are still unbalanced and slow. Still don't have more that two strikers. Failed to get a decent fee for Austin, didn't do a great job on any of our high earners. They are probably all coming back to haunt us in the summer. What is this great new QPR philosophy? I understand things take time but his record is far from glowing.
DOF on 17:27 - Feb 25 with 1666 viewsdaveB

DOF on 16:06 - Feb 25 by vegasranger

If Ferdinand has done a good job, what equates to a bad job? Most of the signings in the summer weren't up to much. We are still unbalanced and slow. Still don't have more that two strikers. Failed to get a decent fee for Austin, didn't do a great job on any of our high earners. They are probably all coming back to haunt us in the summer. What is this great new QPR philosophy? I understand things take time but his record is far from glowing.

Ferdinand is doing a good job as he has helped to change the club philosophy and brought common sense to the place. Some signings were good some were crap but that will always happen, the type of player we are going for though is now heading in the right direction. most of the signings are the nucleus of a new team now in Smithies, Hall, Luongo, and now Washingon and Nasser. Of the summer signings only Grobben on a free and Perch haven't really worked out and neither are the kind of financially crippling signings we've made in recent years.

The Austin thing is ridiculous now, how many times does it have to be explained.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024