Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help 14:31 - Feb 9 with 3210 viewsswanstillidai

Anyone know of any decent thought provoking films aimed at kids? I'm fed up of some the crap being churned out on the screen at the moment.

A mate recommended 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914798/
which I watched with my 11yr old boy on the weekend and it was superb.

The Truman Show is up next this weekend…any more for any more?
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 14:33 - Feb 9 with 3206 viewsDarran

Hostel.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 14:39 - Feb 9 with 3201 viewsswanstillidai

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 14:33 - Feb 9 by Darran

Hostel.

Just looked that one up - never heard of it.

I'll have to chuck that one on when he's buggered off to bed
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 14:41 - Feb 9 with 3199 viewsDarran

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 14:39 - Feb 9 by swanstillidai

Just looked that one up - never heard of it.

I'll have to chuck that one on when he's buggered off to bed

Make him watch it it's very thought provoking,well it'll make him think about going backpacking in Eastern Europe anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 15:12 - Feb 9 with 3173 viewsVinnie

"Kes" is a terrific film about a young lad from a working class background who finds an abandoned kestrel.
"Whistle Down The Wind" and "Tiger Bay" are also good for a watch.
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 15:18 - Feb 9 with 3166 viewsStarsky

I was traumatised by Lord of the Flies. I was that fat kid

It's just the internet, init.

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 16:27 - Feb 9 with 3135 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Billy Elliot

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 16:55 - Feb 9 with 3124 viewsBanosswan

Any 1st/2nd/Vietnam war film. Some may not be suitable for an eleven year old yet though.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 16:59 - Feb 9 with 3119 viewsMrSwerve

If you like boy in the striped pyjamas (excellent film), try out Escape from Sobibor.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 20:05 - Feb 9 with 3054 viewsdickythorpe

Action Jackson
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 20:09 - Feb 9 with 3049 viewssherpajacob

Life is beautiful - the ultimate film about a father's love for his son.
Hotel Rwanda
War horse
I agree with "whistle down the wind"
Calendar girls
And of course Jack to a king.

Then again you can't go wrong with.
Rocky IV
Carry on follow that camel / up the Khyber

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 20:10 - Feb 9 with 3044 viewslancasterswan

If you can get the kid to cope with black and white there are loads.

But for thought provoking, I would start with '12 Angry Men' a piece of one set genius. The concept of the Jury might take some explaining in advance.
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 20:10 - Feb 9 with 3042 viewsairedale

Where the wild things are.
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 20:13 - Feb 9 with 3031 viewsNeathJack

Jack to a King.

Assuming he's a fan of fiction.
FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 21:12 - Feb 9 with 2998 viewsshandyjack

saving private ryan, if not for the opening scenes of the landings

Poll: Expectation for the season

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 21:19 - Feb 9 with 2986 viewsLord_Bony

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 21:12 - Feb 9 by shandyjack

saving private ryan, if not for the opening scenes of the landings

The Grinch who stole Christmas is my favourite.

Failing that you could try Tarantinos Hateful 8,it was made for kids..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 21:27 - Feb 9 with 2971 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stand by me.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

FAO Planetswans dads - Films for Kids Help on 21:35 - Feb 9 with 2955 viewsmysonsarejacks

I've found the following website 'helpful'. If you want to check out movies, games, etc - quite good - you can feedback too.

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/

Movies bit - https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024