Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great rock n roll books recommend . 21:46 - Jan 25 with 4018 viewsWilloW4

For those of you who still like to read a real book, I was lucky enough to get a few for my birthday Saturday.. And if I maybe so bold can I hugely recommend the following: Rock n Roll Gentleman, Lee Brilleaux. By Zoe Howe, an excellent read, a great singer/frontman, if you're a fan of Dr.Feelgood and old school London/Essex RnB get yourself a copy.. Also:'Anger is an energy' by John Lydon.. Very funny and poignant .. London life in the late 60's to today..both books are a joy to read..10/10.. ( also very good: 'life in 1950's London by Mike Hutton, for those who like a bit of honest funny nostalgia).
Great rock n roll books recommend . on 12:31 - Jan 26 with 927 viewsR_from_afar

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 09:15 - Jan 26 by Metallica_Hoop

Ozzy's 'Autobiography' written with that author made me cry with laughter 4 times.

Have you read the autobiography of Dave Mustaine (Mr Megadeth for those who aren't familiar with this particular artiste), Metallica? I haven't but I believe it was a best seller in the US.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 13:17 - Jan 26 with 899 viewsNW5Hoop

Hellfire, seconded.
How Music Got Free - Stephen Witt
The Song Factory - John Seabrook
Trampled Underfoot - Barney Hoskyns
Yeah Yeah Yeah - Bob Stanley
33 Revolutions per Minute - Dorian Lynskey
Psychedelia and Other Colours — Rob Chapman
The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones - Stanley Booth
It Came from Memphis - Robert Gordon
Revolution in the Head - Ian McDonald
Love Me Do - Michael Braun
The Dirt - Neil Strauss
A Journey Through America With the Rolling Stones — Robert Greenfield
Fargo Rock City — Chuck Klosterman
Louder Than Hell: The Definitive Oral History of Metal — Jon Widerhorn and Katherine Turman
Please Kill Me — Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain
Great rock n roll books recommend . on 13:45 - Jan 26 with 876 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I really enjoyed Shaun Ryders book. That was a real eye opener.
If you are a fan of Joy Division, Ian Curtis's wife Debbie wrote a book 'Touching from a distance' that gives an insight to Ian.
Great rock n roll books recommend . on 13:53 - Jan 26 with 869 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 11:35 - Jan 26 by Toast_R

Agreed. The opening paragraph about what his dad tells him when he was a boy was brilliant.

A very good read I can recommend is Hellbent for Leather, confessions of a heavy metal addict, by Seb Hunter.

I'll check that out thanks.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 13:57 - Jan 26 with 860 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 12:31 - Jan 26 by R_from_afar

Have you read the autobiography of Dave Mustaine (Mr Megadeth for those who aren't familiar with this particular artiste), Metallica? I haven't but I believe it was a best seller in the US.

RFA

No but my mate who knows him has and said it was good.

He'd say shit was tasty though if it was Megadeth branded

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 17:50 - Jan 26 with 801 viewsSterlingArcher

Just reading 'The Big Midweek' by The Falls ex-Bassist Steve Hanley.
Now working as a School Caretaker playing occasionally with Brix Smith (also ex-Fall member
and ex-wife of Fall frontman and profession loon Mark E. Smith).

Also Marilyn Mansons autobiography. I really didn't know too much about him, but a very, amusing
and erudite chap.
Great rock n roll books recommend . on 18:03 - Jan 26 with 792 viewsheadhoops

agree with all the punk books so far Passion by the Clash, Dury, Lydon.

Also and it almost shames me to say I actually enjoyed reading Rod Stewarts book.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 19:48 - Jan 26 with 777 viewsMonahoop

Great rock n roll books recommend . on 18:03 - Jan 26 by headhoops

agree with all the punk books so far Passion by the Clash, Dury, Lydon.

Also and it almost shames me to say I actually enjoyed reading Rod Stewarts book.

I have Rods book too. I'm not a fan, liking only his early output with Jeff Beck and The Faces. After that forget him or at least his music. However he always and still does come across as an entertaining fellow when telling stories of his life and I thought his book was quite a laugh. At least he's up front and honest.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024