Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come home Jon De Guzman. 12:43 - Jan 12 with 28989 viewsItchySphincter

Perfect, inexpensive and interested.

Undo some of the damage of the last 18 months.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:24 - Jan 12 with 2018 viewsWarwickHunt

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:16 - Jan 12 by Uxbridge

This grafter argument is a bit odd. We're not going to get out of this hole by kicking our way out of it. We need to return to our principles and get back to the style that got us to where we are, or at least an approximation of it before we can sort it out properly.

If that means bringing back one or even more of our previous performers then so be it. There's a few I wouldn't mind see returning, and Johnny D's definitely one of them.

Innit.

Just "WORKING HARDER" (© Monk, G.) doesn't get you very far at this level.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:25 - Jan 12 with 2014 viewsItchySphincter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:26 - Jan 12 by Al_Bundy

Fans will get on his back when he starts drifting out of matches with poor work rate. We don't need another Shelvey at the club at the moment. We need to work hard, up our tempo , putting in a challenge and more importantly play for the shirt. DeGuzman will struggle with most of that sadly.

Although it would keep the "lets sign an old player because he's an old player albeit loanee" fans happy. And Sinclair being linked with us FFS !!

We were good when De Guzman played for us though.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:27 - Jan 12 with 1995 viewsskippyjack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:24 - Jan 12 by WarwickHunt

Innit.

Just "WORKING HARDER" (© Monk, G.) doesn't get you very far at this level.

JDG worked his bollocks off.. statistics prove it.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:28 - Jan 12 with 1988 viewsmax936

This grafter argument is a bit odd. We're not going to get out of this hole by kicking our way out of it. We need to return to our principles and get back to the style that got us to where we are, or at least an approximation of it before we can sort it out properly.

If that means bringing back one or even more of our previous performers then so be it. There's a few I wouldn't mind see returning, and Johnny D's definitely one of them.

My point is when we were in games were we needed to be strong he was hiding, when winning and in control you'd see him, if you don't think we're gonna need to battle to stay up and need the same in players then I'm lost, there's no ball winners in our midfield now, Gylfi can do everything and more than Jdg can and he's not a ball winner either neither is Ki, but Gylfi's a workhorse, we need a genuine CM. Leon/ Cork in front of the back 4 a CM then Gylfi, Darran Gibson would probably be ideal De jong the same, although he's more of a DM, but maybe Leon could play in front, if not Cork/ Ki certainly can.

Anyway its just my opinion, I can live with the fact others disagree.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 16:31]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:29 - Jan 12 with 1983 viewsItchySphincter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:27 - Jan 12 by skippyjack

Stay on point skip, you were doing okay.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:29 - Jan 12 with 1977 viewsraynor94

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:26 - Jan 12 by Al_Bundy

Fans will get on his back when he starts drifting out of matches with poor work rate. We don't need another Shelvey at the club at the moment. We need to work hard, up our tempo , putting in a challenge and more importantly play for the shirt. DeGuzman will struggle with most of that sadly.

Although it would keep the "lets sign an old player because he's an old player albeit loanee" fans happy. And Sinclair being linked with us FFS !!

Did you watch him first time around? because I can't remember him not playing for the shirt, a cultured midfielder, exactly what we need now, not bone head muscle

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:30 - Jan 12 with 1975 viewsItchySphincter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:28 - Jan 12 by max936

My point is when we were in games were we needed to be strong he was hiding, when winning and in control you'd see him, if you don't think we're gonna need to battle to stay up and need the same in players then I'm lost, there's no ball winners in our midfield now, Gylfi can do everything and more than Jdg can and he's not a ball winner either neither is Ki, but Gylfi's a workhorse, we need a genuine CM. Leon/ Cork in front of the back 4 a CM then Gylfi, Darran Gibson would probably be ideal De jong the same, although he's more of a DM, but maybe Leon could play in front, if not Cork/ Ki certainly can.

Anyway its just my opinion, I can live with the fact others disagree.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 16:31]

I agree you are wrong. Never hid, class.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:33 - Jan 12 with 1958 viewsAnotherJohn

The one I fancy is Pablo. He is on loan at Rayo Vallecano so wouldn't be expensive. But would he come and has he still got it?
Login to get fewer ads

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 1935 viewsUxbridge

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:33 - Jan 12 by AnotherJohn

The one I fancy is Pablo. He is on loan at Rayo Vallecano so wouldn't be expensive. But would he come and has he still got it?

I'd love the Pablo of 2 years ago here. Same caveat with JDG I guess. If they're both at that level I'd have them both back.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 1935 viewsLandore_Jack

Here is the latest with the De Guzman situation:

http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 17:07]

#backtojack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:39 - Jan 12 with 1913 viewsmax936

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:30 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

I agree you are wrong. Never hid, class.

Opinions Ichy, he ended up being sub a lot of the time towards the end of his contract here, did we want him back or didn't he want to stay? I don't know, yes he made impacts in games and scored goals, is he right for us now and would I want him back, not for me sorry.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:39 - Jan 12 with 1912 viewsTreforys_Jack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:02 - Jan 12 by nantywatcher

So some people on here dismissing a player with an outstanding football brain and great vision because they would prefer a battering ram in midfield - weird!

No just a different opinion.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:40 - Jan 12 with 1900 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Ah injured. Not much good for the right now anyway.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:41 - Jan 12 with 1896 viewsmagicdaps10

He is a bit of a shit house but he brings alot to the table.

Well liked guy within the camp when he was here so no worry on him being a bad influence.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 1882 viewsjack247

He covered a lot of ground for sure. He was the transitional midfielder who took the ball from defence and eventually fed it to our attackers via lots of triangle passes to pull the opposition out of position. You can't do that without a hell of a lot of off the ball movement.

I think the point most were making is that he used to shit out of tackles. He wouldn't make a 50 yard sprint to chase down an attack after we had lost possession, but he certainly wasn't the type who just drifts through the game waiting for the ball to come to him.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 1865 viewsItchySphincter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:39 - Jan 12 by max936

Opinions Ichy, he ended up being sub a lot of the time towards the end of his contract here, did we want him back or didn't he want to stay? I don't know, yes he made impacts in games and scored goals, is he right for us now and would I want him back, not for me sorry.

The goals thing was a bonus and not the reason for bringing him back. He's the sort of player the makes our game tick the only way we know how to play. Loads of time on the ball, an eye for an incisive pass and a good influence on the pitch and he's certainly not a pansy like Ki. Think of the way he took the ball of Dyer in the Milk Cup Final, confident and self assured, exactly what we need.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 1831 viewsicecoldjack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:11 - Jan 12 by Darran

What about Dwight Tiendalli?

What about him? played in a friendly once for Holland when they had many injuries,getting 20 mins.
But Dwight is not a mug either, won the u21 euro with with holland and got named in the team of the tournement.Did a job at both full back positions for us, kept out by £10m Spurs player Ben Davis, who also kept out current player of the season Neil Taylor.

JDG is a current International and made the world cup.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:58 - Jan 12 with 1811 viewsmax936

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:46 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

The goals thing was a bonus and not the reason for bringing him back. He's the sort of player the makes our game tick the only way we know how to play. Loads of time on the ball, an eye for an incisive pass and a good influence on the pitch and he's certainly not a pansy like Ki. Think of the way he took the ball of Dyer in the Milk Cup Final, confident and self assured, exactly what we need.

I can see your points and maybe his good points out way his bad points [its close] and I can understand people liking him, I just remember matches where we needed to be tighter and battle and I don't think he did that, I also think that we need to be solid in midfield from here on in and I'm notsure he can do that, so do we play him at CM or interchange him with Gylfi at AM or play him left side of midfield/wing.

I agree we need creativity and move the ball quicker especially in the final third, so if he comes hopefully that will happen, but the tougher games is where it'll count I think.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:12 - Jan 12 with 1758 viewsshandyjack

Haha don't let stats get in the way of the argument ffs,ppl don't care about the truth

Poll: Expectation for the season

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:15 - Jan 12 with 1739 viewsJackfath

I'm going to start sining "oh Jonny de guzman, oh jonny de guzman" until the whole Liberty joins in tomorrow.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:33 - Jan 12 with 1698 viewsDyfnant

Anyone other than his family that'd prefer Joe Allen to JDG needs to follow rugby.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 1689 viewsicecoldjack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:58 - Jan 12 by max936

I can see your points and maybe his good points out way his bad points [its close] and I can understand people liking him, I just remember matches where we needed to be tighter and battle and I don't think he did that, I also think that we need to be solid in midfield from here on in and I'm notsure he can do that, so do we play him at CM or interchange him with Gylfi at AM or play him left side of midfield/wing.

I agree we need creativity and move the ball quicker especially in the final third, so if he comes hopefully that will happen, but the tougher games is where it'll count I think.

So we need to be solid but creative and move the ball quicker ? No pressure if he signs then.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 1685 viewsStarsky

I'm getting the impression that a few of you on this thread want to turn us into Stoke City?
The centenary season when we saw JDG at his best, was our best season in the Premier so far.
Nothing wrong with a bit of class alongside the likes of Cork/Briton/Ki

It's just the internet, init.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 1643 viewsskippyjack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:58 - Jan 12 by max936

We are lacking in creativity.. JDG has it in him

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 1643 viewsVetchitBack

Why does disliking someone for a marked lack of courage automatically mean you want Lee Cattermole?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024