Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor 16:05 - Dec 23 with 10609 viewsdeanscfc

Curtis just said that he'd been our player of the year so far and this is why Tabanou hadn't been given any time at all. I know there's not a lot to choose from right now but I nearly spat my coffee over the PC. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks we need more quality...pace, crossing ability etc at left back??
Taylor on 17:57 - Dec 23 with 1835 viewsdailew

Taylor on 17:21 - Dec 23 by lovejuicejack

That's one of the most depressing things I've ever read on here fair play.

You obviously never read you own posts.

Consistently the most negative whinging poster on here.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Taylor on 17:58 - Dec 23 with 1830 viewslovejuicejack

Taylor on 17:57 - Dec 23 by dailew

At least I can spell
Taylor on 17:59 - Dec 23 with 1827 viewsskippyjack

Taylor on 17:57 - Dec 23 by dailew

Yes, obviously.

Neil Taylor's barmy army!

I wonder where we'd be without Ayew's goals? bottom?

Rubbish that Andre Ayew!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Taylor on 18:22 - Dec 23 with 1792 viewsjohnlangy

Taylor on 17:32 - Dec 23 by skippyjack

Fair play..

Taylor let's a ball go across the six yard box for Juan Mata to tap it.
Fails to be in the defensive line when Ighalo taps home
Ball watching whilst Sadio Mane steps back and taps in
Ball watching as Jordan Ayew heads into an empty net
Joel Campbell has a tap in at back stick
Josh King taps in while Taylor is walking back
Gives away penalty against Liverpool (alright unfortunate)
not up with the defensive line that gives Mahrez the opportunity to tap home
Fails to track his man as Mahrez taps home
Watch the Man City winner.. standing ball watching

He's been superb while we sit in the relegation places

There have been numerous occasions this season when the two central defenders (Ash and Fede/Kyle) have been drawn out to the right back position at the same time and Neil has been left by himself covering in the centre. If the ball goes in is it his fault when at least he's there trying to defend or the fault of the others who are not there to defend. The Ighalo and Ayew goals are two examples. Both CH's went to challenge Deeney, and he still won the aerial battle. They were also BOTH out of the centre for Ayew's goal.

And the first Mahrez goal. Was it his fault that the linesman didn't flag when he played Mahrez at least a yard offside ? If the lino HAD flagged everyone would have said well played Taylor. He did nothing wrong. The linesman made a mistake.
Taylor on 18:37 - Dec 23 with 1762 viewsskippyjack

Taylor on 18:22 - Dec 23 by johnlangy

There have been numerous occasions this season when the two central defenders (Ash and Fede/Kyle) have been drawn out to the right back position at the same time and Neil has been left by himself covering in the centre. If the ball goes in is it his fault when at least he's there trying to defend or the fault of the others who are not there to defend. The Ighalo and Ayew goals are two examples. Both CH's went to challenge Deeney, and he still won the aerial battle. They were also BOTH out of the centre for Ayew's goal.

And the first Mahrez goal. Was it his fault that the linesman didn't flag when he played Mahrez at least a yard offside ? If the lino HAD flagged everyone would have said well played Taylor. He did nothing wrong. The linesman made a mistake.

Your second paragraph is all i need to know about your football insight.. and reading abilities
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 18:38]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Taylor on 18:40 - Dec 23 with 1753 viewsNeath_Jack

Without a shadow of doubt, our most consistent defender.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Taylor on 18:43 - Dec 23 with 1745 viewsskippyjack

Taylor on 18:40 - Dec 23 by Neath_Jack

Without a shadow of doubt, our most consistent defender.

This is true..doesn't mean he's been fantastic either...

we're f*cked if Neil Taylor ends up player of the year

Taylor on 18:43 - Dec 23 with 1743 viewskarnataka

Taylor on 18:22 - Dec 23 by johnlangy

Ah, you see , you're making the classic mistake there of being able to see the bigger picture which never helps when you need to find a single person to blame for anything that's gone wrong or the escaped goat syndrome as it's become known.

And by the way, it was Mahrez's second goal where he was clearly offside, his first was the one he scored with his arm.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor on 18:44 - Dec 23 with 1739 viewsskippyjack

Taylor on 18:43 - Dec 23 by karnataka

Ah, you see , you're making the classic mistake there of being able to see the bigger picture which never helps when you need to find a single person to blame for anything that's gone wrong or the escaped goat syndrome as it's become known.

And by the way, it was Mahrez's second goal where he was clearly offside, his first was the one he scored with his arm.

Another who has a poor understanding of football..

Taylor on 18:48 - Dec 23 with 1727 viewsGriffting

Taylor on 18:44 - Dec 23 by skippyjack

If you're going to belittle people's knowledge and understanding of football at least explain why..
Taylor on 18:49 - Dec 23 with 1725 viewsskippyjack

Pause on 0:36.. tells you everything you need to know about Taylor's defending.

Taylor on 18:57 - Dec 23 with 1710 viewssully49

Taylor on 17:18 - Dec 23 by jack247

I'm glad there is some sense in this thread. Player of the year may be overdoing it, but he no way deserves the stick he gets on here. Has done nothing to merit being dropped.

Totally agree, much more effective this season. He brings another option to the team.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Taylor on 19:40 - Dec 23 with 1670 viewsStarsky

Taylor on 17:41 - Dec 23 by AngelRangelQS

Keep him happy. He's one of the view that may still be here next season in the championship

Bloody hell ARQS...
What happened to you. You've turned into a right old negative whinge bag

It's just the internet, init.

Taylor on 19:43 - Dec 23 with 1668 viewsswan_si

Taylor on 18:49 - Dec 23 by skippyjack

he runs like a girl, is he a bit limp?
Taylor on 21:08 - Dec 23 with 1612 viewsDrizzy

The narrative being peddled by a few agenda-driven nonces on here is that he's the worst attacking full-back in the league and it's brought up ad nauseam. Attacking is not his strong point but he's a defender in a struggling team whose main job is to defend and that he does very well.

It's just arrogance. If we wanted to challenge the top six then we would need better full-backs but we have far more immediate concerns than Taylor's sh*t crossing. Can't help but think it's more to do with his agent than his actual ability as anybody with an ounce of footballing knowledge can see that he's a consistent and reliable performer. If not his agent then it's the fact he's not Ben Davies (the Welsh Roberto Carlos) who is battling for a starting berth with the mighty Danny Rose.

Honestly we should address the right- back position before Neil, the fact that Naughton - a £5m addition might I add - is being kept out by a 33 year old Rangel speaks volumes of his mediocrity.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Taylor on 22:01 - Dec 23 with 1436 viewsblackjackwood

Taylor on 17:54 - Dec 23 by LeonisGod

Ayew?

Sort of agree with Curt. Tayls has been rock solid. In terms of players playing to their potential he's been up there as our best I reckon. Trouble is people expect him to have the end quality of Gareth Bale. I've lost count of the times Tayls has put a decent ball into the box only for Nobody to attack it.

What's the point of putting in a "decent" cross if there's no one in the box ?
That's exactly the problem with him . . he has no footballing ability to seek out other options so unless he can give it back to Ash, he just wastes the ball by putting it in the box to nobody !
Taylor on 22:18 - Dec 23 with 1415 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Taylor had a very good game Saturday .

That's about it for me , skips analysis above shows his ball watching faults , saying all that everyone's been very poor this season .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Taylor on 22:28 - Dec 23 with 1400 viewsjack247

Taylor on 22:18 - Dec 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

Taylor had a very good game Saturday .

That's about it for me , skips analysis above shows his ball watching faults , saying all that everyone's been very poor this season .

Skip could do at least as long a list for all our defenders. No one is saying he is Maldini, but he has been one of our more consistent performers this season.
Taylor on 22:49 - Dec 23 with 1375 viewskarnataka

Taylor on 18:44 - Dec 23 by skippyjack

Another who has a poor understanding of English.

Read it again, I didn't comment on football at all.
Taylor on 00:02 - Dec 24 with 1322 viewsStarsky

Taylor on 18:37 - Dec 23 by skippyjack

Your second paragraph is all i need to know about your football insight.. and reading abilities
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 18:38]

Did you realise that if all the Premier league teams defenders lived up to the high standards that you demand. Then every game every week would be 0-0!

Most Premier teams every week have their defence breached.
You have to be a tad more realistic and a tad less arrogant.
You know feck all... Just like the rest of us.

Taylor on 00:06 - Dec 24 with 1317 viewsskippyjack

Taylor on 00:02 - Dec 24 by Starsky

Did you realise that if all the Premier league teams defenders lived up to the high standards that you demand. Then every game every week would be 0-0!

Most Premier teams every week have their defence breached.
You have to be a tad more realistic and a tad less arrogant.
You know feck all... Just like the rest of us.

We're in the bottom 3.. keep the defending as it is mun!.. one clean sheet in 11 games!

i know f*ck all mun!!

Taylor on 00:42 - Dec 24 with 1304 viewsStarsky

Taylor on 00:06 - Dec 24 by skippyjack

We're in the bottom 3.. keep the defending as it is mun!.. one clean sheet in 11 games!

i know f*ck all mun!!

Maybe if we scored more goals, the defence record would not look too bad.
Have Leicester got worries about their shyte defence then? No!

Taylor on 04:09 - Dec 24 with 1268 viewsjack247

Taylor on 00:06 - Dec 24 by skippyjack

i know f*ck all mun!!

Nothing to do with the other 3 defenders or the midfield that is supposed to be protecting them then?
Taylor on 09:46 - Dec 24 with 1230 viewsjohnlangy

Taylor on 18:43 - Dec 23 by karnataka

Quite right. Second goal.
Taylor on 09:50 - Dec 24 with 1225 viewsjohnlangy

Taylor on 18:49 - Dec 23 by skippyjack

It's actually 0:38 seconds which shows him clearly offside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024