Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham 16:52 - Nov 7 with 21292 viewsSuddenLad

Lose 1 - 0 in FA Cup. Surely, that's the end of LJ....... ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 16:53 - Nov 12 with 2356 viewsaltyfan

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 23:02 - Nov 10 by WhiteyBFC

I can't believe you've quoted that and not the two blatant Rochdale references I put in for you's on purpose.

By the way, we won a game of football tonight. Adam Hammill baby.

Wembley it is. And the playoff push begins this weekend.

I was surprised you found that rather long piece of interest, yes it was Alty's version of events but was actually very accurate. The following year we won the APL again and didnt even get invited to apply to the league!

Its all history anyway, Alty have always struggled for support being so close to MUFC and MCFC and have never really looked like being good enough since. We have no real league ambitions any more, we are just glad to stay in the Conf Premier and be a very friendly fan owned club.

If youre interested, Alty has never been in such good health, no debt, make a profit year on year, no directors loans, fan owned, just built a new 750K community sports hall at the ground paid for by grants and fan donations, 45 teams and around 1000 kids playing in an Alty shirt every weekend, reach FA youth cup 1st round regularly with a team who train one night a week (defeated by full time Dale youth last week actually).

We only pay what we can afford yet play attractive footy and a joy to watch, but tiny squad and cant compete with the wealthier ex league clubs with parachute payments and millionaire chairmen !

Good luck in your tie against Bury !

We will get stuffed by Colchester as we dont have 11 fit players at the moment!
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:06 - Nov 12 with 2326 viewsaleanddale

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 16:53 - Nov 12 by altyfan

I was surprised you found that rather long piece of interest, yes it was Alty's version of events but was actually very accurate. The following year we won the APL again and didnt even get invited to apply to the league!

Its all history anyway, Alty have always struggled for support being so close to MUFC and MCFC and have never really looked like being good enough since. We have no real league ambitions any more, we are just glad to stay in the Conf Premier and be a very friendly fan owned club.

If youre interested, Alty has never been in such good health, no debt, make a profit year on year, no directors loans, fan owned, just built a new 750K community sports hall at the ground paid for by grants and fan donations, 45 teams and around 1000 kids playing in an Alty shirt every weekend, reach FA youth cup 1st round regularly with a team who train one night a week (defeated by full time Dale youth last week actually).

We only pay what we can afford yet play attractive footy and a joy to watch, but tiny squad and cant compete with the wealthier ex league clubs with parachute payments and millionaire chairmen !

Good luck with everything sounds like a really good set up. One to be proud of.

I often wonder what would I do if Dale went bump.

Maybe AFC Dale Phoenix ... Would beat watching manchester red or blue brand or any other club spiralling into debt chasing the promised land.

Refreshing comments Altyfan.

Might come to watch your boys soon if Dale are on the south coast miles away.
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:08 - Nov 12 with 2313 viewsTalkingSutty

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 16:53 - Nov 12 by altyfan

Good stuff. Dale and Alty both have something in common, we live within our means and don't spend money that we haven't got. The very existence of your Club is always the priority rather than which League you are actually competing in, that's why it's very important to have the right people running the shop.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 17:11]
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:19 - Nov 22 with 2098 viewsToffeemanc

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:19 - Nov 22 with 2098 viewsToffeemanc

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 22:22 - Nov 22 with 2002 viewsD_Dale

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 21:50 - Nov 7 by WhiteyBFC

Did I chuff.

Watched it online.

Those who did go are heroes. Stood getting soaked watching the worst side in two generations managed by a lad clearly out of his depth.

I have no idea how he remains in situ.

WHAT A SEASON WE'RE HAVING.

But you were at Boundary Park?:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/barnsley-fans-are-you-in-our-ga
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 16:14 - Nov 23 with 1855 viewsWhiteyBFC

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 22:22 - Nov 22 by D_Dale

But you were at Boundary Park?:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/barnsley-fans-are-you-in-our-ga

Erm... no.

I've obviously missed the joke here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024