Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 19:39 - Sep 8 with 7249 viewsKingBony

Jonjo starting again tonight, should be a decent game, both sides essentially qualified (Swiss will get there). Be good to see how he performs on a decent pitch against a better side.

If he has a good one it could cement his place.

Come on Jonjo

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Shelvey on 21:16 - Sep 8 with 2347 viewsSwansNZ

Shelvey on 21:12 - Sep 8 by LeonisGod

Yep. Has proved to be the right sub though. Jonjo was static compared to Barkley - I suspect he was told to play that deep holding role (hence my comment about discipline), but he didn't do himself any favours by barely crossing the half way line.

Although whole Eng team is pushing up now, so a tad unfair on Jonjo really.

He was obviously playing the holding role. He looked to get a bit more forward this half I thought. But Hey, Milner and Barkley are playing great

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Shelvey on 21:20 - Sep 8 with 2323 viewsWarwickHunt

Shelvey on 21:05 - Sep 8 by tomdickharry

New he would be the first off,ok for Sat though by the looks of things.

It's cos he is Welsh, innit.
Shelvey on 22:43 - Sep 8 with 2019 viewscockett_jack

Good finish by Kane that
Shelvey on 23:06 - Sep 8 with 1975 viewsImAlrightJack

Shelvey on 21:01 - Sep 8 by SwansNZ

Off for Kane. Is that the last time we'll seen him in an England shirt, even though the rest of them have been gash.

Kane, also the name of a sh*t Dutch rock band, like the player himself and the national team!.

Shelvey is wasted with England, he should have gone for Wales based on neutrality rules.
Shelvey on 08:26 - Sep 9 with 1761 viewsJackSomething

Shelvey on 23:06 - Sep 8 by ImAlrightJack

Kane, also the name of a sh*t Dutch rock band, like the player himself and the national team!.

Shelvey is wasted with England, he should have gone for Wales based on neutrality rules.

Brilliant idea! Except for the little problem that it's not allowed. The only flaw in an otherwise perfect plan.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Shelvey on 08:41 - Sep 9 with 1742 viewsPegojack

I thought Shelvey lacked a little energy in his performance last night. On occasions, he looked like a policeman directing traffic as he stood in the middle, pointing which way for his colleagues with the ball behind him to pass. It has to be said that the Swiss had done their homework, though, and gave him very little time or space to play killer passes.

One thing that seems glaringly obvious to me, but it doesn't seem to have crossed Woy's mind, is that Milner is absolute sh1te at taking corners and free kicks, and Shelvey would be a much better option. Hasn't he at least tried him out in training?
Shelvey on 08:54 - Sep 9 with 1719 viewsWhiterockin

Shelvey on 08:41 - Sep 9 by Pegojack

I thought Shelvey lacked a little energy in his performance last night. On occasions, he looked like a policeman directing traffic as he stood in the middle, pointing which way for his colleagues with the ball behind him to pass. It has to be said that the Swiss had done their homework, though, and gave him very little time or space to play killer passes.

One thing that seems glaringly obvious to me, but it doesn't seem to have crossed Woy's mind, is that Milner is absolute sh1te at taking corners and free kicks, and Shelvey would be a much better option. Hasn't he at least tried him out in training?

I didn't see him make a challenge he was just closing players down (Roy's orders?). Also he was a lot quicker at offloading the ball than the other English players, they were not used to this or the pace it came to them.

Welcome back home where you play with better players on the same wavelength.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Shelvey on 08:55 - Sep 9 with 1715 viewsJackSomething

I assume Delph was meant to be the holding midfielder before he got injured, with Milner in the box-to-box role and Shelvey the most forward of the three. If they were set up differently to that, Hodgson is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Once they made the substitution, nobody seemed to know what they were doing. Barkley and Shelvey both seemed to think they should be holding back, which plays to neither of their strengths. While Milner seemed to be trying to do all three of the roles and I'm not sure what Milner's strengths are as he seems to be average at everything. If only you had a true holding midfielder on the bench, eh Roy?

Just more proof that England continue to pick the 'best' players available to them first and then worry about how to find a system to play them all in second. When you look at the success of the likes of Wales, Austria and Iceland, you think they'd learn that maybe they should identify a system they think will be successful, then pick the best players available to fit that system?

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 09:25 - Sep 9 with 1678 viewsjasper_T

Have you seen Shelvey's corners and free kicks for us this season? All shite apart from the two corners that almost went straight in against Chelsea.
Shelvey on 09:55 - Sep 9 with 1649 viewsbuilthjack

Has he done enough to get picked when everyone is fit? Probably not.
He did the usual, but also tried his 60 yard passes, which didn't come off, so possession was lost. You cannot do that. A word in his ear may do the trick though. Hope he does get picked and is first choice in France.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey on 10:04 - Sep 9 with 1639 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey on 08:55 - Sep 9 by JackSomething

I assume Delph was meant to be the holding midfielder before he got injured, with Milner in the box-to-box role and Shelvey the most forward of the three. If they were set up differently to that, Hodgson is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Once they made the substitution, nobody seemed to know what they were doing. Barkley and Shelvey both seemed to think they should be holding back, which plays to neither of their strengths. While Milner seemed to be trying to do all three of the roles and I'm not sure what Milner's strengths are as he seems to be average at everything. If only you had a true holding midfielder on the bench, eh Roy?

Just more proof that England continue to pick the 'best' players available to them first and then worry about how to find a system to play them all in second. When you look at the success of the likes of Wales, Austria and Iceland, you think they'd learn that maybe they should identify a system they think will be successful, then pick the best players available to fit that system?

I was with you until it came to the 'success' of Wales, Austria and Iceland. England have 100% record in their qualifying group...

The point is valid though. After Ramsey (that'll confuse the young 'uns) was ridiculously sacked, apart from when Robson lucked out, they've forgotten all about team building. The 'Golden Generation' nonsense was maybe the ultimate clusterf**k?

Woy would have picked Greaves and some 'star' wingers and Germany would have another world cup. At least we'd have been spared the last 50 years of arrogant pretence of being a world football force I suppose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey on 10:50 - Sep 9 with 1597 viewstomdickharry

Played well within himself last night,hopefully Hodgson will stick with him in the squad at least.
Shelvey on 11:17 - Sep 9 with 1570 viewsJackSomething

Shelvey on 10:04 - Sep 9 by monmouth

I was with you until it came to the 'success' of Wales, Austria and Iceland. England have 100% record in their qualifying group...

The point is valid though. After Ramsey (that'll confuse the young 'uns) was ridiculously sacked, apart from when Robson lucked out, they've forgotten all about team building. The 'Golden Generation' nonsense was maybe the ultimate clusterf**k?

Woy would have picked Greaves and some 'star' wingers and Germany would have another world cup. At least we'd have been spared the last 50 years of arrogant pretence of being a world football force I suppose.

You make a fair point. Perhaps I shouldn't be too critical of a manager who was the first to qualify for the tournament and holds a 100% record. Even in a relatively easy group, that's a fine achievement. If they go on and make the semi-finals of the tournament, then he'll make me look even more of a tit.

That seems to be the problem with England though. Great in qualifying usually, then awful at tournaments against better/more successful teams. Perhaps if they picked the best players for the way they want to play, they'd do better in tournaments, but maybe not.

Shelvey on 11:19 - Sep 9 with 1569 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey on 09:55 - Sep 9 by builthjack

Has he done enough to get picked when everyone is fit? Probably not.
He did the usual, but also tried his 60 yard passes, which didn't come off, so possession was lost. You cannot do that. A word in his ear may do the trick though. Hope he does get picked and is first choice in France.

I was going to say I hope not, from a narrowly selfish club point of view, as he'll get the summer to rest. Thinking about it though, I think he may need the carrot and, if selection was to be less likely, his form , fitness and mental attitude might suffer. Having said that, Hodgson will be consigned to the museum after failing horribly next year, so JJS'll want to impress the next England manager, and I think we all know who that will be (the meejah have already decided I think). I hope our 'boot room' succession planning is up and running for next summer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024