Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The council blame Huw on expansion 09:20 - Sep 3 with 13624 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Stadium-delay-fault-says-council-Swans-f

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:54 - Sep 5 with 2295 viewsPrivate_Partz

The council blame Huw on expansion on 10:15 - Sep 5 by NeathJack

Regarding thst disingenuous statement from the council regarding no income from the stadium, predictably it has been picked up upon elsewhere.

http://www.bluebirdsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6732

While the club shouldn't be getting into a slanging match, I really do think this is one issue that they need to publicly state the millions of pounds that have been paid over the years to put this type of nonsense and blantant disinformation to bed.

I agree with this but I don't think we need worry about the concerns from Cardiff. It is mass hypocrisy considering the amount of our taxes that heve gone into attempting ( and failing) to turn their mudflats into a decent city.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:50 - Sep 5 with 2260 viewsDr_Winston

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:54 - Sep 5 by Private_Partz

I agree with this but I don't think we need worry about the concerns from Cardiff. It is mass hypocrisy considering the amount of our taxes that heve gone into attempting ( and failing) to turn their mudflats into a decent city.

Or the deal the council made to allow them to build Legoland in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The council blame Huw on expansion on 23:09 - Sep 5 with 2118 viewscurleigh

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:21 - Sep 3 by snork44

Ah , but you have got to remember that the average Swansea City councilor is as thick as pig-shit and has the foresight and ambition as a retarded garden gnome. Swansea has been described as 'The graveyard of ambition',when it comes to our civic leaders it just shows what a fecking unimaginative and near sighted bunch of cretins they really are. This a council that promised that Swansea would have a 'European Boulevard' as a major attraction when entering the city,which turned out to be a few fancy paving stones and a few tweaks to the road layout or the abomination that was the Kingsway that ruined a couple of business's and led to fatalities, just to accommodate a fleet of glorified bendy buses that have been withdrawn as they are uneconomical to run. I think there is little bit of jealousy that the club is well run and prudent whereas the council is anything but that.

What a great post, i think we must have the worst run council in the UK. Ruined our town center, wasted OUR money hand over fist, as you said the kingsway is THE busiest road in the center and what do they do... put 8 sets of traffic lights in it, and what a shambles at rush hour down by the YMCA. SHAMBOLIC. Can these people SEE what a mess it is.
The council blame Huw on expansion on 09:01 - Sep 6 with 2053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The council blame Huw on expansion on 23:09 - Sep 5 by curleigh

What a great post, i think we must have the worst run council in the UK. Ruined our town center, wasted OUR money hand over fist, as you said the kingsway is THE busiest road in the center and what do they do... put 8 sets of traffic lights in it, and what a shambles at rush hour down by the YMCA. SHAMBOLIC. Can these people SEE what a mess it is.

Yes. But they're too incompetent do do anything about it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The council blame Huw on expansion on 09:21 - Sep 6 with 2043 viewsPhil_S

The council blame Huw on expansion on 10:15 - Sep 5 by NeathJack

Regarding thst disingenuous statement from the council regarding no income from the stadium, predictably it has been picked up upon elsewhere.

http://www.bluebirdsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6732

While the club shouldn't be getting into a slanging match, I really do think this is one issue that they need to publicly state the millions of pounds that have been paid over the years to put this type of nonsense and blantant disinformation to bed.

It'll be a splitting hairs statement at a guess - the council probably have had nothing because it will go to SSMC

The club of course pay money in vast sums towards the stadium, even more so since we made the Premier League
The council blame Huw on expansion on 09:55 - Sep 6 with 2021 viewsdgt73

The council blame Huw on expansion on 09:21 - Sep 6 by Phil_S

It'll be a splitting hairs statement at a guess - the council probably have had nothing because it will go to SSMC

The club of course pay money in vast sums towards the stadium, even more so since we made the Premier League

Of course you are right. A bit of a sly statement Imo tho. It made it sound like SCFC were paying nothing.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The council blame Huw on expansion on 10:02 - Sep 6 with 2012 viewsPhil_S

The council blame Huw on expansion on 09:55 - Sep 6 by dgt73

Of course you are right. A bit of a sly statement Imo tho. It made it sound like SCFC were paying nothing.

Which of course was their intention and you are spot on a sly statement that sadly will win them no friends

Bar a few people on a Cardiff forum!
The council blame Huw on expansion on 10:04 - Sep 6 with 2011 viewsblueytheblue

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:50 - Sep 5 by Dr_Winston

Or the deal the council made to allow them to build Legoland in the first place.

Which was to get a business retail park developed, with the club doing the legwork for that?

No benefit there for the council whatsoever. Council also profited from the sale of the Ninian Park land for development.

EDIT: And to claim the council magically decided to really, really help us ignores the reason for them insisting on Cardiff Blues being tenants.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 10:05]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:08 - Sep 6 with 1953 viewsUxbridge

The council blame Huw on expansion on 10:04 - Sep 6 by blueytheblue

Which was to get a business retail park developed, with the club doing the legwork for that?

No benefit there for the council whatsoever. Council also profited from the sale of the Ninian Park land for development.

EDIT: And to claim the council magically decided to really, really help us ignores the reason for them insisting on Cardiff Blues being tenants.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 10:05]

So, basically, the same structure as the Liberty Stadium, but instead of the council retaining the stadium as in Swansea's case the stadium passed to the club. Sounds a sweet deal to me. Wish our council had been as amenable.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:13 - Sep 6 with 1948 viewsdgt73

The council blame Huw on expansion on 10:02 - Sep 6 by Phil_S

Which of course was their intention and you are spot on a sly statement that sadly will win them no friends

Bar a few people on a Cardiff forum!

The club should release a statement and show these councillors for what they are, SLY.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:56 - Sep 6 with 1915 viewsblueytheblue

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:08 - Sep 6 by Uxbridge

So, basically, the same structure as the Liberty Stadium, but instead of the council retaining the stadium as in Swansea's case the stadium passed to the club. Sounds a sweet deal to me. Wish our council had been as amenable.

The stadium is irrelevant, it's the land that's more important which the council retain control of.

The land that was laying unused, council got a nice retail park without having to get involved in the design, construction...

I suspect though that in your case your council were viewing it as something for the Ospreys with you guys also co-habiting. Maybe didn't expect lickle old Swansea City to become as big as you have.

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:07 - Sep 6 with 1896 viewsDr_Winston

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:56 - Sep 6 by blueytheblue

The stadium is irrelevant, it's the land that's more important which the council retain control of.

The land that was laying unused, council got a nice retail park without having to get involved in the design, construction...

I suspect though that in your case your council were viewing it as something for the Ospreys with you guys also co-habiting. Maybe didn't expect lickle old Swansea City to become as big as you have.

You were doing so well until that last paragraph of undiluted Bassey.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:17 - Sep 6 with 1888 viewsexiledclaseboy

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:07 - Sep 6 by Dr_Winston

You were doing so well until that last paragraph of undiluted Bassey.

Nostalgic memories of Mozzer1 there. He was a patronising prick as well.

Poll: Tory leader

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:22 - Sep 6 with 1879 viewsDr_Winston

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:17 - Sep 6 by exiledclaseboy

Different standard in League One/Championship/Prem* see.

*delete as applicable

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:28 - Sep 6 with 1870 viewsScoobyWho

Which is what I said a few days ago, I'm glad our brilliant minds are one of a kind 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:32 - Sep 6 with 1864 viewsjohnlangy

I've emailed my local councillor, Gareth Sullivan, and said 'I hope if you find that the financial arrangements are still as I explained below (% of gate receipts to STADCO) that a retraction of that statement by the Council spokesman is printed in the EP. In fact the Club should demand it'.

The statement was designed to inflame people's attitude towards the Club (maybe as HJ's statement was intended to inflame our attitudes towards the Council).

From the outside it's as if they are children squabbling in the playground. Pathetic.
The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:38 - Sep 6 with 1854 viewsblueytheblue

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:17 - Sep 6 by exiledclaseboy

Wasn't intended to be patronising - I've always praised you after all.

It was intended as a parody of the way most councillors seem to think. Apologies if any offence was caused; it certainly wasn't meant to offend.

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:30 - Sep 8 with 1653 viewsgetcarter

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:38 - Sep 6 by blueytheblue

Wasn't intended to be patronising - I've always praised you after all.

It was intended as a parody of the way most councillors seem to think. Apologies if any offence was caused; it certainly wasn't meant to offend.

Greedy council want £28 million based on the Swans business success which is outrageous and could threaten our premiership status. Council are a bunch of retards with no business acuman.
The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:39 - Sep 8 with 1639 viewsWhiterockin

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:30 - Sep 8 by getcarter

Greedy council want £28 million based on the Swans business success which is outrageous and could threaten our premiership status. Council are a bunch of retards with no business acuman.

£28M was about the price I expected. Construction was about £27M (there were grants involved) and the council have to be fair to the rate payers of Swansea. IMO £28M is a fair price, but it would depend on the payment structure. We could get a chunk of that back from naming rights.

And how could it endanger our Premier League Status FFS.
The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:44 - Sep 8 with 1619 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The council blame Huw on expansion on 23:09 - Sep 5 by curleigh

City Centre not Town Center.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:00 - Sep 8 with 1598 viewsClinton

The council blame Huw on expansion on 11:39 - Sep 8 by Whiterockin

£28M was about the price I expected. Construction was about £27M (there were grants involved) and the council have to be fair to the rate payers of Swansea. IMO £28M is a fair price, but it would depend on the payment structure. We could get a chunk of that back from naming rights.

And how could it endanger our Premier League Status FFS.

28 million, they are having a laugh.
Economically it does not stack up for the Swans to pay that much for the stadium to facilitate the addition of a few thousand seats.
To simplify the sums, even if the 6,000 extra seats cost nothing to put in, the 28 million works out at over £4,500 per extra seat. Approximately 10 years of season ticket revenue per seat.
SCFC is a growing business. The council throws money around right left and centre trying to attract business and employment to the city. The Stadium cant be on their books at 28 million, they should let it go for much less and let the Swans carry on expanding.
As a Council Tax payer, I have railed against the 5% rise in each of the past two years, but to hold the Swans to ransom is ridiculous, given the amount of revenue and kudos SCFC brings to the City.
Dont forget, this shower need to get re-elected at some point, they should remember that. Ive stopped voting for them as it stands. They could get my vote back by being constructive over the stadium expansion.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:33 - Sep 8 with 1549 viewsDr_Winston

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:00 - Sep 8 by Clinton

Economically it does not stack up for the Swans to pay that much for the stadium to facilitate the addition of a few thousand seats.
To simplify the sums, even if the 6,000 extra seats cost nothing to put in, the 28 million works out at over £4,500 per extra seat. Approximately 10 years of season ticket revenue per seat.
SCFC is a growing business. The council throws money around right left and centre trying to attract business and employment to the city. The Stadium cant be on their books at 28 million, they should let it go for much less and let the Swans carry on expanding.
As a Council Tax payer, I have railed against the 5% rise in each of the past two years, but to hold the Swans to ransom is ridiculous, given the amount of revenue and kudos SCFC brings to the City.
Dont forget, this shower need to get re-elected at some point, they should remember that. Ive stopped voting for them as it stands. They could get my vote back by being constructive over the stadium expansion.

Why should the council sell a valuable asset to a wealthy private company for a loss?

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:39 - Sep 8 with 1530 viewsUxbridge

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:33 - Sep 8 by Dr_Winston

Why should the council sell a valuable asset to a wealthy private company for a loss?

Would agree there is no need for charity from the council. However they could certainly be a lot more accommodating and helpful than they have been.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:42 - Sep 8 with 1524 viewsWhiterockin

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:00 - Sep 8 by Clinton

I don't believe that the extension would be about money. Season 2013/14 our annual turnover was £99M of which only £9M was match day revenue (including Europa league) 10% of turnover.

Roughly 6,000 extra seats if we filled them every week would bring in under £3M a season closer to £2.5M as there is no hospitality in the East. Providing we stay in the Premier League our turnover should be in excess of £130M so the extra seats will give us about 2% extra turnover. Not to be sniffed at but not the reason to build an extension, purely a bi-product. The extension would go up for us to grow.

If we had the stadium for £28M over 10 years interest free, £2.8M a year. We could get £300K a year back in naming rights over 10 years leaving £2.5M to find. This is less than we are spending each year building/developing the academy and training facilities, this construction will end soon and we will only have the running costs. So it is feasible it just depends what is a fair price, what are the terms and what is included (car park ect).
The council blame Huw on expansion on 13:49 - Sep 8 with 1458 viewsJackSomething

The council blame Huw on expansion on 12:33 - Sep 8 by Dr_Winston

Fair point, but let's turn that around. Why should the club pay full whack to a council that is actively seeking to sell assets to overcome funding cuts from Welsh Government?

It seems like negotiations have been dragging on with both parties trying to get the best deal they can. It's now becoming public and could become quite tasty. I wouldn't count on the Swans getting overwhelming support from the general population either.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024