Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool ticket info 10:51 - Aug 15 with 15309 views442Dale

Just been into the ticket office at Bloomfield Rd to get our tickets. Although Dale said there were only 180 left yesterday and that was our full allocation, the woman who sold them at Blackpool said they open up an area in the East stand (next to where we're situated) if we take up all our seats in the North stand.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blackpool ticket info on 18:36 - Aug 16 with 2669 viewsRAFCBLUE

Blackpool ticket info on 15:41 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

That last part is a good point, as is something mentioned earlier by RAFCBLUE about Trust members having priority - it would encourage supporters to join knowing they would be, in effect, part of a priority group of fans for all-ticket games.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 15:50]

I think the club are already there 442.

For the Leeds FA Cup game, it was advertised that Trust members got a priority period after ST holders and each got one ticket. ST holders could buy their own in advance of this plus two additional (max 3) if memory serves correctly. In that case there were roughtly 7.5k tickets to sell.

I think that's a fair call as in a lot of cases there are ST holders who are also Trust members, so the number of non-ST holders who are Trust members is likely a small (<500 number). I'm a non-season ticket, non-Trust member exile. It might disadvantage me personally but it would make sense. You couldn't argue it if what was put forward was documented, announced and stuck to be the club.

I've also always been puzzled as to why Trust membership isn't automatically offered with a season ticket renewal or vice-versa. For the additional and optional £10, I think a lot more people could be attracted if there was something akin to a general sale priority.

Away games at bury, Oldham, Fleetwood and Crewe might be the only times that this effort is actually needed - but its still a good idea I think and prevents the disappointments of yesterday for some.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Blackpool ticket info on 18:48 - Aug 16 with 2616 viewstopoff

On a seperate note, why were the stewards telling everyone to sit where they wanted? Each ticket had a seat number, why not direct people to their allocated seat?
Blackpool ticket info on 20:00 - Aug 16 with 2489 viewsisitme

Blackpool ticket info on 18:48 - Aug 16 by topoff

On a seperate note, why were the stewards telling everyone to sit where they wanted? Each ticket had a seat number, why not direct people to their allocated seat?

The problem with that is that there was no choice of where to sit. For example a group of Dale supporters came right on kick off and stood up in front of other supporters who did not want to stand up and therefore couldn't not see. Imagine if someone with walking/mobility difficulties ended up on the back row or those who wanted to stand up ended up near the front. Generally with unreserved seating people can sit where they prefer to with those who want to stand gravitating to the back few rows, therefore making it easier for everyone, unless you arrive a minute before kick off and want to sit on a specific row and in a group of eight.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 20:05]
Blackpool ticket info on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 2379 viewsParkinsGimp

Jesus how will Pikeypool cope when the Biffos (the greatest away support in the world) take 12000 LOL
I assume all the lucky ones who saw it enjoyed it?
The club shouid of asked for 1500 at least especially seeing as weather picked up as well and our form is good. As Col said we havent played them for ages.
Blackpool ticket info on 09:33 - Aug 17 with 2200 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool ticket info on 22:14 - Aug 16 by ParkinsGimp

Jesus how will Pikeypool cope when the Biffos (the greatest away support in the world) take 12000 LOL
I assume all the lucky ones who saw it enjoyed it?
The club shouid of asked for 1500 at least especially seeing as weather picked up as well and our form is good. As Col said we havent played them for ages.

We sold less than the allocation though. How many who travelled couldn't get a ticket for the away end? I would guess less than 50? Were there empty seats in the section they gave us? I know people could sit where they wanted so usually they leave 10% free. If they had allocated seats they probably could have accommodated everyone an away seat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blackpool ticket info on 09:47 - Aug 17 with 2180 viewsRosun

997 out of a total of 7076.
Blackpool ticket info on 15:24 - Aug 17 with 1992 viewstopoff

Blackpool ticket info on 09:33 - Aug 17 by dingdangblue

We sold less than the allocation though. How many who travelled couldn't get a ticket for the away end? I would guess less than 50? Were there empty seats in the section they gave us? I know people could sit where they wanted so usually they leave 10% free. If they had allocated seats they probably could have accommodated everyone an away seat.

everyone did have a ticket with an allocated seat number, it was the stewards who told the fans to sit anywhere they wanted.
Blackpool ticket info on 15:28 - Aug 17 with 1974 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool ticket info on 15:24 - Aug 17 by topoff

everyone did have a ticket with an allocated seat number, it was the stewards who told the fans to sit anywhere they wanted.

So there were spare seats dotted around our section?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool ticket info on 15:32 - Aug 17 with 1968 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool ticket info on 15:28 - Aug 17 by dingdangblue

It looks pretty full here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Awaydays23/status/632626832836313088/photo/1

Blackpool ticket info on 15:35 - Aug 17 with 1957 views_dezzy

Heard a rumour today that stewards were letting a few Dale fans in through the gate for a tenner.

This is only a rumour, no proof.

KHBA

Blackpool ticket info on 15:39 - Aug 17 with 1947 viewstopoff

Blackpool ticket info on 15:28 - Aug 17 by dingdangblue

I didnt say there was
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024