Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Perch 11:14 - Jul 27 with 28514 viewsThGrimRanger

really like this guy, cannot believe he's not been snapped up already by a good championship or a lower premier league club.

29 years old so good age for a 3 year contract. fingers crossed that the rumour linking him is founded.

TheGrimRanger

James Perch on 19:53 - Jul 29 with 3993 viewsPunteR

Pretty sure he'll get through the medical unless his leg is hanging off

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

James Perch on 19:55 - Jul 29 with 3972 viewsTheBlob

I believe they're picking him up at King's Crustacean.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

James Perch on 20:04 - Jul 29 with 3913 viewsLblock

Not a player I've ever rated

However WTF do I know as I really, really, REALLY rated Caulker.

He scored against us in the Play Offs didnt he and seemed to be right wing back that night.

So my question is:-
Is he a centre-back? A right back? A left back? Or a stickleback?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

James Perch on 20:07 - Jul 29 with 3895 viewsichbinnaughty

James Perch on 18:26 - Jul 29 by eghamranger

Fee agreed!!

Sky sports

Thank cod. Things were starting to get ruddy tench around here.
James Perch on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 3680 viewsCroydonCaptJack

James Perch on 20:04 - Jul 29 by Lblock

He scored against us in the Play Offs didnt he and seemed to be right wing back that night.

What made you rate Caulker LBlock mate?
James Perch on 21:23 - Jul 29 with 3680 viewsdaveB

James Perch on 20:04 - Jul 29 by Lblock

right back but can also play in midfield if needed.
James Perch on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 3665 viewsNorthernr

Good signs.
James Perch on 21:55 - Jul 29 with 3560 viewsdaveB

Sounds like Danny Simpson without the wife beating
Login to get fewer ads

James Perch on 22:24 - Jul 29 with 3447 viewsqueensparker

Thought he looked brilliant in that play-off game - would be delighted if this is true. An actual right back!

One down in the "fill the defence game", a couple of centre backs to go...
James Perch on 22:27 - Jul 29 with 3412 viewsMaggsinho

James Perch on 22:24 - Jul 29 by queensparker

Thought he looked brilliant in that play-off game - would be delighted if this is true. An actual right back!

One down in the "fill the defence game", a couple of centre backs to go...

Also went into the dressing room after the game to congratulate our players so seems the 'right sort'.
James Perch on 22:55 - Jul 29 with 3297 viewsLblock

James Perch on 21:22 - Jul 29 by CroydonCaptJack

What made you rate Caulker LBlock mate?

When he was at Spuds and then Cardiv I thought he looked really good -- I'd of taken him to the World Cup.
I thought the frailties in the Cardiv back line were elsewhere and he always seemed their best defender whenever I watched them. The other thing that stood out was his attacking prowess from set pieces up the other end -- he bagged a couple of goals through clever and powerful runs and being really strong in the air plus a few assists and near misses.
Then at Swanselona he played his part in a team that has to read the game well, took up sensible positions, was rarely careless with the ball and again showed good defensive and attacking tools

Considering his age I thought he could only get better.
Perhaps it's this total circus of a club thats done for him???

To me he's at a crossroads (and not just with Benny our 1st team coach) -- he either sorts himself out and grabs the chance to have a great career or he goes down the well trodden path of Clarke Carlisle, Razer Ruddock etc and has an okay career but pishes it up the wall.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

James Perch on 23:30 - Jul 29 with 3220 viewsCroydonCaptJack

James Perch on 22:55 - Jul 29 by Lblock

When he was at Spuds and then Cardiv I thought he looked really good -- I'd of taken him to the World Cup.
I thought the frailties in the Cardiv back line were elsewhere and he always seemed their best defender whenever I watched them. The other thing that stood out was his attacking prowess from set pieces up the other end -- he bagged a couple of goals through clever and powerful runs and being really strong in the air plus a few assists and near misses.
Then at Swanselona he played his part in a team that has to read the game well, took up sensible positions, was rarely careless with the ball and again showed good defensive and attacking tools

Considering his age I thought he could only get better.
Perhaps it's this total circus of a club thats done for him???

To me he's at a crossroads (and not just with Benny our 1st team coach) -- he either sorts himself out and grabs the chance to have a great career or he goes down the well trodden path of Clarke Carlisle, Razer Ruddock etc and has an okay career but pishes it up the wall.

That's a good summary mate.

I hadn't really followed him much before he joined us but virtually everyone was saying what a great signing it was for us last year. I have to say he has been disappointing for us but that seems to happen a lot sadly!
James Perch on 23:49 - Jul 29 with 3174 views100percent

James Perch on 22:27 - Jul 29 by Maggsinho

Also went into the dressing room after the game to congratulate our players so seems the 'right sort'.

I remember seeing this - he actually stood outside the dressing room and shook every QPR players hand as they went in there. thought at the time it was a class thing to do - regardless of whether he was a good player or not, it just made him stand head and shoulders above the other team mates.
I've only noticed him a couple of times since - he looks composed and disciplined - if his manner is anything to go by, I think he will be a great signing.
James Perch on 00:11 - Jul 30 with 3114 viewsshrewranger

sounds like the right sort,a couple more like him and i'll be happy
James Perch on 11:43 - Jul 30 with 2830 viewsDiscodroids

30 year old, perfunctory , jobbing performer for £750,000 or so.

Just like actor john Thaw, give him a decent script , a uniform and a glass of scotch for his nerves and he'll give you 6.5 out of ten every week.

the chris old/ mike hendrick of cricket.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 11:43]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

James Perch on 11:48 - Jul 30 with 2801 viewsfakekerby

I tend not to get over-excited by right backs but our previous promotions have been set on a foundation of having solid, hard working right backs in Bradley Orr (and Kyle Walker) and Danny Simpson.

We certainly can't rely on Furlong all season (it would be unfair to) so this signing seems very much needed and a sensible choice to help us for a couple of seasons while Furlong is being blooded.
James Perch on 11:53 - Jul 30 with 2775 viewsjohnhoop

James Perch on 11:43 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

30 year old, perfunctory , jobbing performer for £750,000 or so.

Just like actor john Thaw, give him a decent script , a uniform and a glass of scotch for his nerves and he'll give you 6.5 out of ten every week.

the chris old/ mike hendrick of cricket.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 11:43]

And what I wouldn't give for a Chris Old or Mike Hendricks in the England team at the moment. It's what we have missed for years, bowlers who are able to land the ball on a sixpence and do a bit on a helpful wicket ( like Edgbaston).The Aussies wouldn't have made a hundred in either innings.
James Perch on 11:56 - Jul 30 with 2751 viewsDiscodroids

James Perch on 11:53 - Jul 30 by johnhoop

And what I wouldn't give for a Chris Old or Mike Hendricks in the England team at the moment. It's what we have missed for years, bowlers who are able to land the ball on a sixpence and do a bit on a helpful wicket ( like Edgbaston).The Aussies wouldn't have made a hundred in either innings.

youre right , that wasnt a good example john . richard ellison the kent swing bowler from the 80's would have taken ten wickets yesterday.

very good test match bowler hendricks and old.... would love to have a grahame dilley, greg thomas or a norman cowans now as well.

an attack like this would do !!..

Fred trueman
John Snow
Derek Underwood
John Emburey/phil edmonds
Ian Botham
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 11:58]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

James Perch on 12:00 - Jul 30 with 2727 viewsjohnhoop

James Perch on 11:48 - Jul 30 by fakekerby

I tend not to get over-excited by right backs but our previous promotions have been set on a foundation of having solid, hard working right backs in Bradley Orr (and Kyle Walker) and Danny Simpson.

We certainly can't rely on Furlong all season (it would be unfair to) so this signing seems very much needed and a sensible choice to help us for a couple of seasons while Furlong is being blooded.

I totally agree with this. Perch seems very much in the mould of some of the signings Warnock made before the promotion season,I.e Shaun Derry and Clint Hill. A solid ,experienced championship performer with an excellent attitude. Now, if we can just get the gaping hole in central defence sorted out we might be in with a chance of being competitive.
James Perch on 12:01 - Jul 30 with 2722 viewsTheBlob

James Perch on 11:56 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

youre right , that wasnt a good example john . richard ellison the kent swing bowler from the 80's would have taken ten wickets yesterday.

very good test match bowler hendricks and old.... would love to have a grahame dilley, greg thomas or a norman cowans now as well.

an attack like this would do !!..

Fred trueman
John Snow
Derek Underwood
John Emburey/phil edmonds
Ian Botham
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 11:58]

Don't forget Fred Titmus.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

James Perch on 12:06 - Jul 30 with 2683 viewsCamberleyR

James Perch on 12:01 - Jul 30 by TheBlob

Don't forget Fred Titmus.

Fúcking 'ell, it's Fred Titmus.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

James Perch on 12:13 - Jul 30 with 2655 viewskensalriser

What's not to like about this signing given that we have no other player in this position fit for purpose?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

James Perch on 13:42 - Jul 30 with 2588 viewsNW5Hoop

James Perch on 11:53 - Jul 30 by johnhoop

Chris Old more of a QPR type. Injury prone and would drop out of games given the slightest sniffle in the morning.
James Perch on 18:03 - Jul 30 with 2468 viewsrsonist

James Perch on 11:48 - Jul 30 by fakekerby

This kind of cuts both ways, because in the difference between Orr and Walker that season we also saw exactly how having a first class RB over a bog standard one can take a team to another level.

Perch is going to be the latter I'd imagine but still, it's the sort of unglamorous signing we'll need.

Funny thing is the more you read about him Perch comes across like a defensive Jamie Mackie. Cult figure everywhere for his commitment, level of ability somewhat contested.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 18:07]
James Perch on 18:24 - Jul 30 with 2403 viewsCamberleyR

James Perch on 18:03 - Jul 30 by rsonist

This kind of cuts both ways, because in the difference between Orr and Walker that season we also saw exactly how having a first class RB over a bog standard one can take a team to another level.

Perch is going to be the latter I'd imagine but still, it's the sort of unglamorous signing we'll need.

Funny thing is the more you read about him Perch comes across like a defensive Jamie Mackie. Cult figure everywhere for his commitment, level of ability somewhat contested.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 18:07]

Slightly sweeping statement made about Orr. He played in 18 wins that season from 35 appearances which was slightly better than Walker's 9 wins in 20 appearances.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024