Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride tomorrow 23:04 - Jun 26 with 18093 viewsDarran

Another complete and utter waste of the countries money.
Just f*ck off and get on with your lives.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride tomorrow on 17:54 - Jun 27 with 1216 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 17:46 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

If there was a history of white people or heterosexual people being persecuted in this country then I might agree that there should be a march calling for equality.

Maybe we should be thankful that there is not the need to do so?

There are quite a lot of events that celebrate the black community and the Asian community. Not heard of the Notting Hill Carnival as an example?

There are also plenty of "white pride" or similar marches arranged by various groups of that proclivity. Usually EDL/NF types. I also support their right to demonstrate and don't jib about the cost of policing. Plenty of police and emergency services on hand at Glastonbury this weekend. And I've just been reading about the increased security at Wimbledon for the next fortnight after yesterday's atrocities. Not many jibbing about the cost of policing at these events. Funny that.

Poll: Tory leader

Pride tomorrow on 17:58 - Jun 27 with 1204 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 17:54 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

There are also plenty of "white pride" or similar marches arranged by various groups of that proclivity. Usually EDL/NF types. I also support their right to demonstrate and don't jib about the cost of policing. Plenty of police and emergency services on hand at Glastonbury this weekend. And I've just been reading about the increased security at Wimbledon for the next fortnight after yesterday's atrocities. Not many jibbing about the cost of policing at these events. Funny that.

Strangely the 'White Pride' marches also can't avail themselves of corporate sponsorship to pay for the police costs either, so they are actually a drain on public money. The atmosphere at those marches also tends to be a little less party party.
Pride tomorrow on 18:05 - Jun 27 with 1195 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 17:58 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Strangely the 'White Pride' marches also can't avail themselves of corporate sponsorship to pay for the police costs either, so they are actually a drain on public money. The atmosphere at those marches also tends to be a little less party party.

They need a few of them gays to lighten the mood a bit I reckon.

Pride tomorrow on 18:05 - Jun 27 with 1195 viewsDavillin

Pride tomorrow on 14:41 - Jun 27 by VetchitBack

Gay Pride festivals don't promote otherness? Really? Do you want to have a think about that for a minute?

If I'd was you I'd have gone with the usual "It's because of past prejudice' rather than that.

And a bigot can be someone intolerant of opinions different from their own. So yes I agree a fair few on this thread.

One apropros definition of "intolerance" is not accepting ["tolerating"] others whose views are different from one's own.

Now my question is in response to your last sentence: Why is it "intolerant" for someone to not accept homosexuality, but it is not "intolerant" for another to not accept the opinion of those who don't?

Some people are too quick to cry "intolerance" while being singularly intolerant themselves in doing so.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Pride tomorrow on 18:10 - Jun 27 with 1180 viewsDr_Winston

Whilst entirely behind the concept of pride marches as a tool to combat intolerance, I did find the irony of the organisers refusing to allow UKIP members to march to be highly amusing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pride tomorrow on 18:12 - Jun 27 with 1165 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 18:05 - Jun 27 by Davillin

One apropros definition of "intolerance" is not accepting ["tolerating"] others whose views are different from one's own.

Now my question is in response to your last sentence: Why is it "intolerant" for someone to not accept homosexuality, but it is not "intolerant" for another to not accept the opinion of those who don't?

Some people are too quick to cry "intolerance" while being singularly intolerant themselves in doing so.

Why would you "not accept" homosexuality? What business is it of yours? (I don't mean to sound terse, I'm genuinely intrigued by those who apparently feel that they are able to comment on the sexual leanings of others).

Pride tomorrow on 18:15 - Jun 27 with 1160 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 18:10 - Jun 27 by Dr_Winston

Whilst entirely behind the concept of pride marches as a tool to combat intolerance, I did find the irony of the organisers refusing to allow UKIP members to march to be highly amusing.

But not surprising given Farage's comments about HIV sufferers pre-election. But I take the point.

Pride tomorrow on 18:20 - Jun 27 with 1154 viewsItchySphincter

Pride tomorrow on 18:12 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

Why would you "not accept" homosexuality? What business is it of yours? (I don't mean to sound terse, I'm genuinely intrigued by those who apparently feel that they are able to comment on the sexual leanings of others).

This is why PC is flawed. Tolerance of everything except intolerance. It's just another self indulgence. I think it's fair to say people born in the dark ages are more likely to be intolerant or 'bigoted' because they're born in to it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Pride tomorrow on 18:25 - Jun 27 with 1132 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 18:15 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

But not surprising given Farage's comments about HIV sufferers pre-election. But I take the point.

And gay people cause storms and floods. Why on earth would they not want such people at their event?
Pride tomorrow on 18:26 - Jun 27 with 1130 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 18:20 - Jun 27 by ItchySphincter

This is why PC is flawed. Tolerance of everything except intolerance. It's just another self indulgence. I think it's fair to say people born in the dark ages are more likely to be intolerant or 'bigoted' because they're born in to it.

You miss the point. I respect Dav's right to hold and express any opinion he wants to about homosexuality or anything else. But that doesn't mean I can't challenge it or disagree. That's nothing to do with "PC" which has become the go to straw man in debates if this nature.

Pride tomorrow on 18:31 - Jun 27 with 1122 viewsItchySphincter

Pride tomorrow on 18:26 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

You miss the point. I respect Dav's right to hold and express any opinion he wants to about homosexuality or anything else. But that doesn't mean I can't challenge it or disagree. That's nothing to do with "PC" which has become the go to straw man in debates if this nature.

It was a general observation. A simplistic point that advocates of anything PC appear to miss completely.

Pride tomorrow on 18:33 - Jun 27 with 1119 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 18:25 - Jun 27 by Humpty

And gay people cause storms and floods. Why on earth would they not want such people at their event?

Depends what the weather was doing, perhaps.

Pride tomorrow on 18:34 - Jun 27 with 1116 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 18:31 - Jun 27 by ItchySphincter

It was a general observation. A simplistic point that advocates of anything PC appear to miss completely.

Now I seem to have missed the point because I can't see what it was. Sorry.

Pride tomorrow on 18:35 - Jun 27 with 1108 viewsItchySphincter

No need to get touchy, it was a generalisation.

Pride tomorrow on 18:37 - Jun 27 with 1102 viewsJackfath

I think the Pride movement is great and there should be more like it.

Then again, I would, wouldn't I.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pride tomorrow on 18:39 - Jun 27 with 1097 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 18:05 - Jun 27 by Davillin

Because not accepting someones views is ok.

Not accepting/tolerating people because of how they were born is not.

If I claim I do not accept/tolerate black people it is not intolerant to call me a racist tw*t.

If I claim I do not accept/tolerate disabled people it is not intolerant to call me a moronic bigoted f*ckwit.

If someone claims not to accept/tolerate people who were born gay it is not intolerant of me to call them out as the pathetic little bigots they are.

Who the f*ck are any of us to judge people for the way they are born?

Glad to be of help.
Pride tomorrow on 18:46 - Jun 27 with 1085 viewsDavillin

Pride tomorrow on 18:12 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

[You made my post personal to me, when I did not. I respond anyway.]

1. What business is it of yours to criticise whatever you perceive is my attitude? You're being intolerant in criicising what you assume is my "intolerance." You'd be intolerant even if your assumption were correct.

To be a bit "terse" myself, please don't tell me to mind my own business when while doing so, you're minding mine. Don't you see that? Here, throughout this thread, and in the wide world out there?

2. Gays comment intolerantly all the time about heterosexuals, calling them a raft of unkind names [many of them repeated several times in this thread].

Pride tomorrow on 18:49 - Jun 27 with 1075 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 14:51 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

Related link.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/a-30-second-guide-to-how-gay-marriage-ruling-

Excellent post.

For the bigots who probably wont read it I'll sum it up for you.

People being gay does not affect you in any way.
Pride tomorrow on 18:50 - Jun 27 with 1069 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 18:46 - Jun 27 by Davillin

1. What business is it of yours to criticise whatever you perceive is my attitude? You're being intolerant in criicising what you assume is my "intolerance." You'd be intolerant even if your assumption were correct.

To be a bit "terse" myself, please don't tell me to mind my own business when while doing so, you're minding mine. Don't you see that? Here, throughout this thread, and in the wide world out there?

2. Gays comment intolerantly all the time about heterosexuals, calling them a raft of unkind names [many of them repeated several times in this thread].

You took my post as a personal slight when it wasn't meant in that way and responded in a way I didn't expect. Disappointing.

Pride tomorrow on 18:51 - Jun 27 with 1062 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 18:46 - Jun 27 by Davillin

Seriously? Gays are nasty to straight people? And some of them are doing so on this thread?

Seriously?
Pride tomorrow on 18:55 - Jun 27 with 1049 viewsJackSomething

Pride tomorrow on 18:51 - Jun 27 by Humpty

Seriously? Gays are nasty to straight people? And some of them are doing so on this thread?

Seriously?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Some great examples on this thread. Someone intolerant might say the world will be a better place once they've gone...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Pride tomorrow on 18:56 - Jun 27 with 1044 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 18:55 - Jun 27 by JackSomething

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Some great examples on this thread. Someone intolerant might say the world will be a better place once they've gone...

Bigot!
Pride tomorrow on 19:00 - Jun 27 with 1033 viewsDavillin

Pride tomorrow on 18:49 - Jun 27 by Humpty

Excellent post.

For the bigots who probably wont read it I'll sum it up for you.

People being gay does not affect you in any way.

If I were less temperate and more foul-mouthed, I could give you a snappy one-word response, but I won't.

You're right that someone "being gay" does not affect me in any way in and of itself. Frankly, Humpty, I don't give a tinker's dam about anyone's sexual preference.

However it does affect me when people call me names because of my sexual preference, and when they insist that I agree with them and theirs, and when their preference imposes on my life.

I've known many homosexuals who went about their lives openly and peaceably, and no-one was imposed upon, offended, or inconvenienced. This thread is evidence of exactly the opposite.

I have said all I have to say on this.

Pride tomorrow on 19:07 - Jun 27 with 1018 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 19:00 - Jun 27 by Davillin

If I were less temperate and more foul-mouthed, I could give you a snappy one-word response, but I won't.

You're right that someone "being gay" does not affect me in any way in and of itself. Frankly, Humpty, I don't give a tinker's dam about anyone's sexual preference.

However it does affect me when people call me names because of my sexual preference, and when they insist that I agree with them and theirs, and when their preference imposes on my life.

I've known many homosexuals who went about their lives openly and peaceably, and no-one was imposed upon, offended, or inconvenienced. This thread is evidence of exactly the opposite.

I have said all I have to say on this.

People seriously call you names for being straight? Really?

Never happened to me in my life. And I'm struggling to think of something I'd be less upset about if someone did.

Are you sure you're not confusing people calling you names for being straight with people calling you names for saying bigoted things about gay people?
Pride tomorrow on 19:10 - Jun 27 with 1013 viewsNeath_Jack

The masks always slip in these types of threads. Everytime, without fail.

Then comes the flounce.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024