Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham away... 08:32 - Mar 18 with 21232 viewsaleanddale

How things change...

2400 home fans at the 3 sided ground last night.. Oldham dropping like a stone.

This sets Tuesdays game up a treat.. Hopefully we can add to the current crisis at BP.
Oldham away... on 20:34 - Mar 19 with 4019 viewsnordenblue

Oldham away... on 20:18 - Mar 19 by robshaker

regarding 3 sided grounds -

always considered spotland a 3 1/2 sided ground due to that sh itty non league bus shelter you have behind the goal on sandy lane.

just my input.

"that famous old ground Gigg Lane"
John Motson

You'll be able to stand with us soon when your club goes bust (again), oh how we laugh at lower league dross
Oldham away... on 20:35 - Mar 19 with 4018 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham away... on 20:18 - Mar 19 by robshaker

regarding 3 sided grounds -

always considered spotland a 3 1/2 sided ground due to that sh itty non league bus shelter you have behind the goal on sandy lane.

just my input.

"that famous old ground Gigg Lane"
John Motson

Yours will be a 0-sided ground before long, rob.

"This famous old development"

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham away... on 21:57 - Mar 19 with 3894 viewsfinberty

FGs being given a real tweak on this thread.
Oldham away... on 22:28 - Mar 19 with 3862 viewsflyerdale

I really hope we stuff all the big headed quotes the Big Ignorant Fookers From Oldham have been spouting since we've started playing them the last few years.

They really do think they are still of the calibre who Man City/Utd are their rivals. Wake up you fookin idiots you ain't got Royale and your plastic pitch anymore.

I read their forum from time to time and to see the snobbery they put our way is quite frankly embarrassing, you'd think they were Barcelona the way they go on, not a club who had 2400 fans at their last home game

Up The Dale
Oldham away... on 23:31 - Mar 19 with 3783 viewsWhiteyBFC

Oldham away... on 11:01 - Mar 18 by oa85

Barnsley will get that last place I'd guess, however, it doesn't really matter who does, as any of the current top five will destroy whoever manages to sneak in that spot. There is a gulf in class between the top five and the chasers.

I don't think we will make the playoffs. We've lost Lalkovic for three games now and Blackburn have recalled O'Sullivan, so we've only Fat Dale Jennings who can play out wide (whilst being wide) and he's blowing out of his arse after 5 minutes.

We also have a very tough run-in. PNE, Bristol and Sheff Utd our next three games. However, I didn't expect this run of 19 points from 21 so you never know. And I think it's clear we're all playing for two spots now, with the Blunts doing their annual bottle job a bit earlier this term.

It's exciting. For us and Rochdale. Not so much for Oldham. Unless you consider battling for survival as exciting. Suppose it is. So aye, it's an exciting end to the season for all of us and for that I'm grateful.

But despite our form and the impact LJ has had already, other than a brief spell in October/November, this has been a shite season for Barnsley and it's hard to forget how appalling we've been. So yep, were I a betting man I wouldn't back us to make the playoffs.

Be nice if we did though.
Oldham away... on 00:00 - Mar 20 with 3774 viewsD_Alien

Oldham away... on 23:31 - Mar 19 by WhiteyBFC

I don't think we will make the playoffs. We've lost Lalkovic for three games now and Blackburn have recalled O'Sullivan, so we've only Fat Dale Jennings who can play out wide (whilst being wide) and he's blowing out of his arse after 5 minutes.

We also have a very tough run-in. PNE, Bristol and Sheff Utd our next three games. However, I didn't expect this run of 19 points from 21 so you never know. And I think it's clear we're all playing for two spots now, with the Blunts doing their annual bottle job a bit earlier this term.

It's exciting. For us and Rochdale. Not so much for Oldham. Unless you consider battling for survival as exciting. Suppose it is. So aye, it's an exciting end to the season for all of us and for that I'm grateful.

But despite our form and the impact LJ has had already, other than a brief spell in October/November, this has been a shite season for Barnsley and it's hard to forget how appalling we've been. So yep, were I a betting man I wouldn't back us to make the playoffs.

tbf we found battling for survival pretty exciting for a decade or three

My theory is that mid-table in L1 is just boring to many old-school diehards hence the grumpiness witnessed on here these past few weeks. There's been a sudden change of gear since the win at County though

I'd say good luck against Preston, but we could do with them turning you over

[Post edited 20 Mar 2015 0:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham away... on 00:42 - Mar 20 with 3732 viewsdingdangblue

I don't think you'll do it either.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oldham away... on 06:59 - Mar 20 with 3677 viewsPDIDDY

Oldham away... on 20:35 - Mar 19 by TVOS1907

Yours will be a 0-sided ground before long, rob.

"This famous old development"

Obsessed

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham away... on 09:41 - Mar 20 with 3600 viewsnordenblue

Oldham away... on 06:59 - Mar 20 by PDIDDY

Obsessed

You're posting on a rochdale forum?
Oldham away... on 10:24 - Mar 20 with 3553 viewsPDIDDY

Oldham away... on 09:41 - Mar 20 by nordenblue

You're posting on a rochdale forum?

Nibbled ? I'd say chomped

Gissa job

Oldham away... on 11:03 - Mar 20 with 3538 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham away... on 06:59 - Mar 20 by PDIDDY

Obsessed

Who, me or you?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham away... on 19:33 - Mar 20 with 3382 viewsWhiteyBFC

Oldham away... on 00:00 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

tbf we found battling for survival pretty exciting for a decade or three

My theory is that mid-table in L1 is just boring to many old-school diehards hence the grumpiness witnessed on here these past few weeks. There's been a sudden change of gear since the win at County though

I'd say good luck against Preston, but we could do with them turning you over

[Post edited 20 Mar 2015 0:02]

I wish you luck in every game. Always have, always will.

It's about what we do, not others. We win our remaining games, we'll make the playoffs no matter what anyone else manages.

Same goes for you. I've done the maths.
Oldham away... on 20:43 - Mar 20 with 3335 viewsPDIDDY

Another post which is around 1000 words too long,

Gissa job

Oldham away... on 21:21 - Mar 20 with 3282 viewsD_Alien

Oldham away... on 19:33 - Mar 20 by WhiteyBFC

I wish you luck in every game. Always have, always will.

It's about what we do, not others. We win our remaining games, we'll make the playoffs no matter what anyone else manages.

Same goes for you. I've done the maths.

"I wish you luck in every game. Always have, always will."

I'll keep you to your word on 4 May

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham away... on 21:49 - Mar 21 with 3119 viewsaleanddale

Big game this now!! Especially after both sides won today!!
Oldham away... on 06:51 - Mar 23 with 2933 viewsaleanddale

Oldham willy waving about support again!!

They just don't get it do they!!
Oldham away... on 11:54 - Mar 23 with 2794 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 06:51 - Mar 23 by aleanddale

Oldham willy waving about support again!!

They just don't get it do they!!

whats not to get...? we get poor support and your support is even worse.
Oldham away... on 16:03 - Mar 23 with 2664 viewsaleanddale

I disagree...

Up to 40% of our regular home fans might be at BP tomorrow.

That's pretty damn impressive!!!

In comparison you will have less attending tomorrow than came to Spotland!! Now that's poor support.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 16:10]
Oldham away... on 19:43 - Mar 23 with 2534 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 16:03 - Mar 23 by aleanddale

I disagree...

In comparison you will have less attending tomorrow than came to Spotland!! Now that's poor support.

What the? Lol.

There is a glaringly obvious contradiction here. Funny.
Oldham away... on 07:16 - Mar 24 with 2356 viewsaleanddale

Oldham away... on 19:43 - Mar 23 by biffoboffo

What the? Lol.

There is a glaringly obvious contradiction here. Funny.

Your obviously still missing the point!!

And the word support!!
Oldham away... on 07:45 - Mar 24 with 2328 viewsBiffo_Boy

Oldham away... on 16:03 - Mar 23 by aleanddale

I disagree...

Brilliant! So some how having 40% of your home support at an away game is better than having 100% there haha!
Oldham away... on 08:04 - Mar 24 with 2305 viewsaleanddale

Oldham away... on 07:45 - Mar 24 by Biffo_Boy

Brilliant! So some how having 40% of your home support at an away game is better than having 100% there haha!

You really think your support is so impressive??

Brilliant!!

As I put earlier.. You lot really don't get it. Not sure I can even be bothered to explain.
Oldham away... on 08:13 - Mar 24 with 2290 viewsTommoRAFC

Oldham away... on 08:04 - Mar 24 by aleanddale

You really think your support is so impressive??

Brilliant!!

As I put earlier.. You lot really don't get it. Not sure I can even be bothered to explain.

One thing I've noticed with Oldham is that they're really shit at 'banter'.

I know it's hard when nobody has given a fook about you for years, there isn't a clear rival for them with the nearest teams usually being Tranmere and Huddersfield. And despite their best efforts and dickhead behaviour, we as a majority really aren't arsed about them.

Boring crowd counters who make PDiddy's thread hijacking posts look mildly interesting. Enjoy your cup final tonight!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Oldham away... on 09:05 - Mar 24 with 2256 viewsoa85

Oldham away... on 08:13 - Mar 24 by TommoRAFC

One thing I've noticed with Oldham is that they're really shit at 'banter'.

I know it's hard when nobody has given a fook about you for years, there isn't a clear rival for them with the nearest teams usually being Tranmere and Huddersfield. And despite their best efforts and dickhead behaviour, we as a majority really aren't arsed about them.

Boring crowd counters who make PDiddy's thread hijacking posts look mildly interesting. Enjoy your cup final tonight!

Oldham away... on 09:16 - Mar 24 with 2238 viewsdingdangblue

Oldham away... on 07:45 - Mar 24 by Biffo_Boy

Notice he said 'regular'. You had more support at Rochdale than you had against mkdons at home! Lots of daytrippers at Spotland - mind you getting out of Oldham for a few hours is probably a big reason.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024