Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie and Simpson 21:11 - Mar 16 with 13010 viewskysersosaqpr

Watching Mackie play for Reading. Why the f ck have we sold the likes of him and Simpson - and don't say they are less talented than the other tw ts we currently play. Both of them on the right giving 100% like they always did - what a difference players who try like them would make...?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Mackie and Simpson on 22:10 - Mar 17 with 2574 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Mackie and Simpson on 14:10 - Mar 17 by kropotkin41

Mistakes were made, but above all our soul was sold. And we're paying for and are going to go on paying for it. One of the reasons I think that relegation might not be the worst thing is that - should we survive whatever bo**ocks the FA has in store for us - we might just might be allowed to rebuild sensibly and become the club and the team we all seem to want.

Couldn't agree more. I don't care if we are in the evo stick fourth division. I want to be proud of my club and it's players. I'm as left wing as they come but the premier league is filled with countless foreign players who offer entertainment but add to the disassociation between fans and their teams. The premier league is slowly eating itself. Manchester City. Wow money amazing. How many home grown players? How long before England become a force on the world stage. The two questions are not unrelated.
Mackie and Simpson on 00:49 - Mar 18 with 2517 viewsgobbles

Mackie and Simpson on 21:51 - Mar 17 by paulparker

Yeah right oh
So we should have kept faith with Orr at RB ,
Fitz Hall and his plastic hamstrings
Agemang up top
Injury prone buzzacky
Short memories some of you lot , so please tell me who you would have bought into the club with a week to go of the transfer window
If Warnock wasn't d1cked about in pre season we could have had
Ashley Williams, Wayne Routledge , Danny Graham , Kyle Naughton
Also NW didn't hand out the contracts to SWP & co that was the board

Wow, are you Warnock's PR man? We could have had who??? Says Warnock. And Warnock did sign all those players and give them the contracts. There were rumours of him signing Anton Ferdinand for months, he was his main hope for the summer, but he ruled it out because he said he didn't have the money.
We may have been buying at the last minute, but the Fernandes deal was clearly being done, it wouldn't have been a shock, so any shrewd manager would have got guys lined up for deadline day.
It seems amazing that no one really knew Hill was a centre back when Warnock was in charge.
Mackie and Simpson on 07:33 - Mar 18 with 2476 viewsPunteR

Mackie and Simpson on 00:49 - Mar 18 by gobbles

Wow, are you Warnock's PR man? We could have had who??? Says Warnock. And Warnock did sign all those players and give them the contracts. There were rumours of him signing Anton Ferdinand for months, he was his main hope for the summer, but he ruled it out because he said he didn't have the money.
We may have been buying at the last minute, but the Fernandes deal was clearly being done, it wouldn't have been a shock, so any shrewd manager would have got guys lined up for deadline day.
It seems amazing that no one really knew Hill was a centre back when Warnock was in charge.

Sorry Gobbles but PaulParker is bang on .
Straight after we got promoted,Warnock was saying in an interview he didn't even know if he still had the job. As for saying Anton was his main hope that summer ,I don't remember that,but do remember him wanting to sign the players PP mentioned including Routledge.
Warnock signed some of our best players we've had in years and managed probably my favourite ever season. Not sure what your gripe is with Warnock as I don't blame him for the mess we're in now.
You say Warnock should have lined up summer signings anyway,but then so should the people buying the football club. They should have least come in with some kind of plan.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie and Simpson on 09:26 - Mar 18 with 2455 viewsgobbles

Mackie and Simpson on 07:33 - Mar 18 by PunteR

Sorry Gobbles but PaulParker is bang on .
Straight after we got promoted,Warnock was saying in an interview he didn't even know if he still had the job. As for saying Anton was his main hope that summer ,I don't remember that,but do remember him wanting to sign the players PP mentioned including Routledge.
Warnock signed some of our best players we've had in years and managed probably my favourite ever season. Not sure what your gripe is with Warnock as I don't blame him for the mess we're in now.
You say Warnock should have lined up summer signings anyway,but then so should the people buying the football club. They should have least come in with some kind of plan.

I don't blame him for the mess we are in, but I do blame him for rewriting history over and over again in the media role he worked for himself after leaving. It was him that started the poisonous them and us attitude in the dressing room, by having his blatant favourites, which had a direct affect on the team under Hughes, which was summed up with his treatment of Puncheon compared to SWP.
Mackie and Simpson on 19:03 - Mar 18 with 2392 viewspaulparker

Mackie and Simpson on 00:49 - Mar 18 by gobbles

No I'm not his PR man at all, I just think people need to show him a bit of respect
The bloke was shafted in that pre season pure & simple
Some fans need to remember what he had to work with ,
Tango & cash gave him no money whatsoever ,
As for anton he wasn't 1st choice that was Bassong , problem was Spurs thought they had Cahill but at the last minute he went to Chelsea so the Bassong deal went boss eyed
If NW had the players he wanted we wouldn't be in the mess we are today
We had a week to get in players, so tell me who you would have got at the time ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mackie and Simpson on 19:12 - Mar 18 with 2382 viewsjohncharles

Mackie and Simpson on 09:26 - Mar 18 by gobbles

I don't blame him for the mess we are in, but I do blame him for rewriting history over and over again in the media role he worked for himself after leaving. It was him that started the poisonous them and us attitude in the dressing room, by having his blatant favourites, which had a direct affect on the team under Hughes, which was summed up with his treatment of Puncheon compared to SWP.

Lots of people have tried to re-write history, We look at it at apply intelligence.

Strong and stable my arse.

Mackie and Simpson on 23:35 - Mar 18 with 2330 viewsgobbles

Mackie and Simpson on 19:03 - Mar 18 by paulparker

No I'm not his PR man at all, I just think people need to show him a bit of respect
The bloke was shafted in that pre season pure & simple
Some fans need to remember what he had to work with ,
Tango & cash gave him no money whatsoever ,
As for anton he wasn't 1st choice that was Bassong , problem was Spurs thought they had Cahill but at the last minute he went to Chelsea so the Bassong deal went boss eyed
If NW had the players he wanted we wouldn't be in the mess we are today
We had a week to get in players, so tell me who you would have got at the time ??

Who would I sign? He was the manager, I'm a fan. I would hope he would have had a huge list of players of various levels that he was aware of to sign, no just the six blokes whose agents phoned him up that morning. He might have had a week to complete deals, but he would have known for longer that the takeover was going through so he could get deals lined up.
Having spent the previous seasons watching Championship football, the total lack of poaching any rising talent from the league below was a disappointment for starters.
Mackie and Simpson on 23:45 - Mar 18 with 2326 viewsPunteR

Mackie and Simpson on 23:35 - Mar 18 by gobbles

Who would I sign? He was the manager, I'm a fan. I would hope he would have had a huge list of players of various levels that he was aware of to sign, no just the six blokes whose agents phoned him up that morning. He might have had a week to complete deals, but he would have known for longer that the takeover was going through so he could get deals lined up.
Having spent the previous seasons watching Championship football, the total lack of poaching any rising talent from the league below was a disappointment for starters.

He might of had deals lined up but without being able to confirm a deal players go elsewhere.

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie and Simpson on 14:41 - Mar 19 with 2264 viewsJordanFoster

Mackie and Simpson on 23:45 - Mar 18 by PunteR

He might of had deals lined up but without being able to confirm a deal players go elsewhere.

You could argue as well that the players that fans moan about the most were all signed by Warnock.

Barton, SWP and Zamora...
Mackie and Simpson on 14:48 - Mar 19 with 2263 viewsPinnerPaul

Mackie and Simpson on 21:15 - Mar 16 by loftboy

Would have him back lie a shot, just scored a typical Mackie goal.

.....against a beaten team from the 3rd tier.

Most of our 25 would look good v a league one team - Burton - yes I know.

But you get my drift - one goal in a game already won v L1 side doesn't make him the saviour of our season if he had stayed.
Mackie and Simpson on 16:01 - Mar 19 with 2247 viewsNorthernr

Mackie and Simpson on 14:48 - Mar 19 by PinnerPaul

.....against a beaten team from the 3rd tier.

Most of our 25 would look good v a league one team - Burton - yes I know.

But you get my drift - one goal in a game already won v L1 side doesn't make him the saviour of our season if he had stayed.

I've seen us play a League One and a League Two team and we were fcking absymally sht both times with an aggregate score of 0-4.
Mackie and Simpson on 16:06 - Mar 19 with 2240 viewsPinnerPaul

Mackie and Simpson on 16:01 - Mar 19 by Northernr

I've seen us play a League One and a League Two team and we were fcking absymally sht both times with an aggregate score of 0-4.

Yes, yes but you ignore the point if he had been tearing up the Championship all season you might have thought Reading would be higher up the league than they are.

Its always the same , one or our ex players does something half decent and they become the saviour of our season if only..............blah blah blah
Mackie and Simpson on 16:11 - Mar 19 with 2235 viewsNorthernr

Mackie and Simpson on 16:06 - Mar 19 by PinnerPaul

Yes, yes but you ignore the point if he had been tearing up the Championship all season you might have thought Reading would be higher up the league than they are.

Its always the same , one or our ex players does something half decent and they become the saviour of our season if only..............blah blah blah

Agree with the second par in general - like I say about Vargas, after Man Utd everybody said he was fcking rubbish, and now he's the saviour.

However, in this case, it's a player who should never have been sold in the first place and has all the assets QPR should be looking for in their players. And judging by some of the Reading fans Tweeting, Mackie is quote "a saint in the most dislikeable Reading team for ages". By the logic of your first paragraph you could write off Charlie Austin because after all if he had been tearing it up in the Premier League all season you might have thought QPR would be higher up the league than they are.
Mackie and Simpson on 16:21 - Mar 19 with 2224 viewsdaveB

Mackie wanted to go and we replaced him with Phillips so was decent business for a change. He was very good for us but not sure he's what we need at the moment
Mackie and Simpson on 16:59 - Mar 19 with 2198 viewsPinnerPaul

Mackie and Simpson on 16:11 - Mar 19 by Northernr

Agree with the second par in general - like I say about Vargas, after Man Utd everybody said he was fcking rubbish, and now he's the saviour.

However, in this case, it's a player who should never have been sold in the first place and has all the assets QPR should be looking for in their players. And judging by some of the Reading fans Tweeting, Mackie is quote "a saint in the most dislikeable Reading team for ages". By the logic of your first paragraph you could write off Charlie Austin because after all if he had been tearing it up in the Premier League all season you might have thought QPR would be higher up the league than they are.

I would counter that Austin DOES prove my point, one of the top scorers in the country playing in one of the worst teams in the Prem.

If Mackie was genuine Premiership quality he should still stand out in a average Championship team.

I do agree replacing either Hoilett or SWP with Mackie and we wouldn't be any worse off than we are now.
Mackie and Simpson on 17:00 - Mar 19 with 2197 viewsNorthernr

Mackie and Simpson on 16:59 - Mar 19 by PinnerPaul

I would counter that Austin DOES prove my point, one of the top scorers in the country playing in one of the worst teams in the Prem.

If Mackie was genuine Premiership quality he should still stand out in a average Championship team.

I do agree replacing either Hoilett or SWP with Mackie and we wouldn't be any worse off than we are now.

"If Mackie was genuine Premiership quality he should still stand out in a average Championship team."

He is doing :-/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mackie and Simpson on 19:46 - Mar 19 with 2151 viewspaulparker

Mackie and Simpson on 23:35 - Mar 18 by gobbles

He had a huge list, but tango & cash wouldn't give him a single bean to spend
He wanted good championship players like
Graham
Naughton
Williams
Routledge
He didn't get them but still went and got Boothroyd & Campbell who were decent champ players
You slagged NW and blamed him for SWP, Barton etc but you still can't give any alternatives for a week left in the transfer window

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mackie and Simpson on 23:15 - Mar 19 with 2126 viewsPunteR

Mackie and Simpson on 14:41 - Mar 19 by JordanFoster

You could argue as well that the players that fans moan about the most were all signed by Warnock.

Barton, SWP and Zamora...

Not wishing to drag this thread on a bit,but didnt Hughes signed Zamora not NW.
Look, maybe im cutting Warnock a bit of slack here,but wasnt it his original signings that done the business that kept us up in that first season back in the prem.
Kenny
Derry
Hill
Taarabt
and Mackie..
Ok SWP turned out to be a bad signing, Boothroyd was utter gash,but i thought DJ Cambell was good,untill injury. Luke Young good until injury. Anton i thought played ok until the infamous Racist game. Barton was a gamble.
Going back to th OP ,Mackie was picked up from obscurity to the become an (ahem)international player. His work ethic alone is what we need at our club. Great signing by Warnock ,bad business by Redknapp to sell him.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2015 0:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024