Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki or DeGuzman? 15:41 - Feb 23 with 8014 viewsStarsky

seeing as Ki has started scoring for the Swans now and will no doubt finish the season strongly.
With this in mind, who would you rather in your team next season (hypothetical I know)
Ki or DeGuzman?

Before Christmas I would have gone for DeGUzman. Now I would choose Ki.
He's my player of the season so far.

It's just the internet, init.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 23:37 - Aug 11 with 2451 viewsDyfnant

http://o-posts.com/news/teams/uk/jonathan-de-guzman-swans-star-journeyman-marsei
On the move again

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ki or DeGuzman? on 00:08 - Aug 12 with 2411 viewsScoobyWho

Ki is a proven premier league player, JDG could have been, but decided to move on.
Never go back.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 05:45 - Aug 12 with 2319 viewsDr_Winston

Ki or DeGuzman? on 00:08 - Aug 12 by ScoobyWho

Ki is a proven premier league player, JDG could have been, but decided to move on.
Never go back.

JdG is also a proven Premier League player. And a proven La Liga player. And a proven Serie A player.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 05:56 - Aug 12 with 2314 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Ki any day of the week. DeGuzman wouldn't get in the team now.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 10:28 - Aug 12 with 2193 viewsDull1Thomas

Ki or DeGuzman? on 05:45 - Aug 12 by Dr_Winston

JdG is also a proven Premier League player. And a proven La Liga player. And a proven Serie A player.

Don't forget proven World Cup player.

(Still amazed at his performances on that stage)

Different players in different roles. Siggy was brought in when JdG's wasn't retained / relined.

Have to say I he wan't one of my favourite players more the player you only noticed when he wasn't playing) but I was disappointed he wasn't signed.

Could he do a good job for us now? Definitely.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 11:17 - Aug 12 with 2145 viewsSenhin

Ki or DeGuzman? on 10:28 - Aug 12 by Dull1Thomas

Don't forget proven World Cup player.

(Still amazed at his performances on that stage)

Different players in different roles. Siggy was brought in when JdG's wasn't retained / relined.

Have to say I he wan't one of my favourite players more the player you only noticed when he wasn't playing) but I was disappointed he wasn't signed.

Could he do a good job for us now? Definitely.

We used him in the box to box role quite a lot too...

Also, if we're going for the "proven world cup" player bit then yeah, as more of a squad player in a good side, whereas Ki is captain of his country.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 12:23 - Aug 12 with 2095 viewssomersetsimon

Ki or DeGuzman? on 11:17 - Aug 12 by Senhin

Also, if we're going for the "proven world cup" player bit then yeah, as more of a squad player in a good side, whereas Ki is captain of his country.

I was disappointed at the time when we couldn't hang on to him, but it's difficult to see him getting in the team now. We do seem to be progressing rapidly - maybe the management know what they're doing...
Ki or DeGuzman? on 12:28 - Aug 12 with 2090 viewsDull1Thomas

Ki or DeGuzman? on 11:17 - Aug 12 by Senhin

No arguments there.

Login to get fewer ads

Ki or DeGuzman? on 13:06 - Aug 12 with 2048 viewskarnataka

Ki or DeGuzman? on 12:23 - Aug 12 by somersetsimon

I was disappointed at the time when we couldn't hang on to him, but it's difficult to see him getting in the team now. We do seem to be progressing rapidly - maybe the management know what they're doing...

Wasn't it more of a case of being disappointed that we didn't try to hang onto him? I know I was. I was a big fan of JdG and for 2 seasons, our style centred around him and Leon who both had the ability to find space and always give an option to whoever was in possession of the ball which kept our passing moves going and helped us retain possession. However, our style has changed now and we don't even have a space in the team for Leon. Having said that, it looked like Arsenal were after Ki in the summer and I would have been ok with JdG as a replacement but we don't need him as an addition with the midfield quality we have now. Liked his goal celebration though.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 13:26 - Aug 12 with 2002 viewsjasper_T

Arsenal's interest in Ki was just paper talk spurred on by his dad talking shit in Korea. Never any hit of a real enquiry.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 13:31 - Aug 12 with 1998 viewsattila_the_hun

I remember the Gower or De Guzman thread a while back lol

"I'm Free"

Ki or DeGuzman? on 14:17 - Aug 12 with 1968 viewsScoobyWho

Ki or DeGuzman? on 05:45 - Aug 12 by Dr_Winston

He walked away too quickly for me from the premier league. I thought he was excellent on his day, but Ki is a very special player.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 14:38 - Aug 12 with 1946 viewsDr_Winston

Ki or DeGuzman? on 14:17 - Aug 12 by ScoobyWho

He walked away too quickly for me from the premier league. I thought he was excellent on his day, but Ki is a very special player.

He was one of our most important players for two of the best seasons in our history. Hard to get more proven than that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 14:45 - Aug 12 with 1933 viewsJackfath

Ki or DeGuzman? on 14:38 - Aug 12 by Dr_Winston

He was one of our most important players for two of the best seasons in our history. Hard to get more proven than that.

And to think, our previous manager wanted rid.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:25 - Aug 12 with 1898 viewsScoobyWho

I liked him a lot, but felt he had more to prove as a top rate player like Gylfi or Ki. Opinions
mind ....

Ki or DeGuzman? on 15:53 - Aug 12 with 1759 viewsgiantstoneater

JDG scored a variety of goals for us scorchers tap ins and team goals possibly more adaptable than Ki also able to play out wide but alas he has moved on. To be honest I like them both but perhaps in GMs era JDG hasn't got the physicality needed.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:41 - Aug 12 with 1733 viewsDull1Thomas

Ki or DeGuzman? on 14:45 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

And to think, our previous manager wanted rid.

Wasn't he shipped out after going back to Korea because he was 'injured' after being told to stay with the club? Or was it when he was 'injured' after reaching his guaranteed 20 games?

I'd have Ki as one of the must have players in the starting line up now but, and here's the thing about Ki' first season, he wasn't very good and had a big attitude (or at least Daddy did).

[Post edited 12 Aug 2015 16:46]

Ki or DeGuzman? on 17:20 - Aug 12 with 1702 viewsDafyddHuw

Ki or DeGuzman? on 05:56 - Aug 12 by Townhill_Hilton

Ki any day of the week. DeGuzman wouldn't get in the team now.

Nonsense
Ki or DeGuzman? on 19:15 - Aug 12 with 1642 viewsslate_dk

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:41 - Aug 12 by Dull1Thomas

Wasn't he shipped out after going back to Korea because he was 'injured' after being told to stay with the club? Or was it when he was 'injured' after reaching his guaranteed 20 games?

I'd have Ki as one of the must have players in the starting line up now but, and here's the thing about Ki' first season, he wasn't very good and had a big attitude (or at least Daddy did).

Ki, himself has said that he learned from the Sunderland experience; and after returning Monk had a talk with him about what Monk wanted from him... and all has been dandy since
Ki or DeGuzman? on 23:26 - Aug 12 with 1587 viewsDrizzy

Pfft. One of our most important? You're having a laugh. Top player was JdG but Ki is all-round a better player.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ki or DeGuzman? on 01:33 - Aug 13 with 1537 viewsjazzswan

KI
Ki or DeGuzman? on 04:06 - Aug 13 with 1513 viewsZut_Alors

I enjoyed watching JDG playing for us and think he'd still be a good addition to the squad. In fact, JDG would probably have been excellent for the diamond system Monk tried at the end of last season.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 13:23 - Aug 13 with 1451 viewskarnataka

Ki or DeGuzman? on 14:17 - Aug 12 by ScoobyWho

The impression I got at the time was that if we'd made any real effort to keep him, he'd probably have stayed but we didn't and he couldn't just hang around on the off chance.
Ki or DeGuzman? on 13:35 - Aug 13 with 1446 viewsJackSomething

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:41 - Aug 12 by Dull1Thomas

This. Ki was not very good at all in his first season here. Never looked comfortable trying anything other than the most simple passes and seemed to panic if he had it anywhere near the opposition penalty area.

He then had his year away and came back last season looking like a totally different player. We can debate whether that was down to more experience of this league, the change of manager, etc...

For a while it looked like he was going to be the black sheep of our 12/13 summer signings - Ki, Michu, Chico, Pablo, Bartley. Now he's turning out to be the best of them. Football eh?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ki or DeGuzman? on 16:14 - Aug 13 with 1372 viewsnyc_swans

Ki or DeGuzman? on 13:35 - Aug 13 by JackSomething

This. Ki was not very good at all in his first season here. Never looked comfortable trying anything other than the most simple passes and seemed to panic if he had it anywhere near the opposition penalty area.

He then had his year away and came back last season looking like a totally different player. We can debate whether that was down to more experience of this league, the change of manager, etc...

For a while it looked like he was going to be the black sheep of our 12/13 summer signings - Ki, Michu, Chico, Pablo, Bartley. Now he's turning out to be the best of them. Football eh?

apparently JDG is being linked with a 5M move to bournmouth.

would be sad to see him go there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024