Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager 21:31 - Feb 9 with 9393 viewsrichpr

Is the MK manager available? Lets give him a go.

Or let's look at young managers whose teams play good football - I am sick of watching rubbish. We've been playing with no pace, no confidence and just hoofing it up the pitch.

Any suggestions ???
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 09:00 - Feb 10 with 2313 viewsngbqpr

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 08:28 - Feb 10 by Gloucs_R

Cant see anyone other than Adkins, Sherwood, Jackett or Robinson (we wouldnt go for him though).

Billic wouldnt leave to come to us, nor Mclaren nor Howe.

Lets be honest chaps,...we are 2nd from bottom, have an ageing team, most of which are out of contract in the summer, have a history of being badly managed from the top, 2 previously successful managers haven't been able to make it work, we have no youth policy, no scouting network, a tiny ground, average facilities, we are not paying silly money, we dont have money for transfers and we could get a massive fine next season and be relegated to the conference.

Not too many quality managers are going to come running to us.

cheers for that Gloucs, cheered me up no end!

Can't argue with a word of it tho.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 09:08 - Feb 10 with 2295 viewsWeaverQPR

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 08:28 - Feb 10 by Gloucs_R

Cant see anyone other than Adkins, Sherwood, Jackett or Robinson (we wouldnt go for him though).

Billic wouldnt leave to come to us, nor Mclaren nor Howe.

Lets be honest chaps,...we are 2nd from bottom, have an ageing team, most of which are out of contract in the summer, have a history of being badly managed from the top, 2 previously successful managers haven't been able to make it work, we have no youth policy, no scouting network, a tiny ground, average facilities, we are not paying silly money, we dont have money for transfers and we could get a massive fine next season and be relegated to the conference.

Not too many quality managers are going to come running to us.

For all the reasons you have listed this is why for me we appoint a football league manager, someone who works on a consistently small budget (unlike $herwood perhaps).

I like that Phil Parkinson of Bratfud, Rowett who has joined Brum, you look at Cotterill who is on course for a double at Bristol City. Will they keep us up maybe not, but i bet they could do a half decent rebuilding job once all the Berty Big Bollocks have all left in the summer.

Also depends whether TF will be on his toes should we go down again under him.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 9:12]

@WeavQPR

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:03 - Feb 10 with 2221 viewsGloucs_R

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 09:08 - Feb 10 by WeaverQPR

For all the reasons you have listed this is why for me we appoint a football league manager, someone who works on a consistently small budget (unlike $herwood perhaps).

I like that Phil Parkinson of Bratfud, Rowett who has joined Brum, you look at Cotterill who is on course for a double at Bristol City. Will they keep us up maybe not, but i bet they could do a half decent rebuilding job once all the Berty Big Bollocks have all left in the summer.

Also depends whether TF will be on his toes should we go down again under him.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 9:12]

Adkins then? Incredibly successful when you consider what he had to work with. Reading was a blip, but then Rangers was a blip to Hughes who has gone onto Stoke and is doing ok.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:03 - Feb 10 with 2226 viewsdaveB

Mark Warburton please with a whole change of ethos at the club, probably go down this year but give him the remit to build this over the next 2 or 3 years
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:28 - Feb 10 with 2195 viewslave16

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:03 - Feb 10 by daveB

Mark Warburton please with a whole change of ethos at the club, probably go down this year but give him the remit to build this over the next 2 or 3 years

what about michael laudrup I know hes in qatar but realistically I think he would be tempted to come back

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:30 - Feb 10 with 2191 viewsTHEBUSH

Lets be fair, we are one of the favourites to get relegated, so whoever is appointed our new manager should be allowed to carry on next season.

If this is the case, I'm coming around to the conclusion that we should give Chris Ramsey the job for now and try to find a new permanent manger for next season. (Maybe that will be Ramsey ?)

It seems as if Sherwood is playing hard to get, so let him sweat and see if he wants to manage us in the Championship on Championship wages ?
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:30 - Feb 10 with 2191 viewsadhoc_qpr

Don't forget though to be a football manager you have to be pretty self confident.

I'm sure many would leap at the challenge and Prem jobs are still at a premium, even if it is only 13 games.

I like Adkins because he fits the bill whether we stay up or go down.

Sherwood for me has never shown any interest in stepping down to the Championship and we are unlikely to be poised for an immediate return this time either.
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:32 - Feb 10 with 2184 viewsSpiritofGregory

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:28 - Feb 10 by lave16

what about michael laudrup I know hes in qatar but realistically I think he would be tempted to come back

Has a massive ego, we need to stop signing managers and players who think that they are too good for our club. QPR should request permission to speak to Warburton.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 10:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:37 - Feb 10 with 2178 views00calben

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 08:59 - Feb 10 by kropotkin41

That alone makes a good argument to wait. Would any appointee now do better than Ramsey for the 14 remaining games? When we, as seems very likely , go down like the Hood, we'll need to start over. Another hasty appointment is not a good idea.

Agreed.

Give Ramsey till the end of the season.

The problems at the Club run far deeper than the first team manager so in the long-term it may be in the best interests if the Club to be playing Championship football next season. I just don't see us ever planning long-term whilst we are in the PL (and therefore PL survival is the be-all and end-all).

If Ramsey does keep us up he would have earned the right to be offered the job full-time, and if he doesn't then we have plenty of time to make the right appointment to lead us forward in the Championship next season - where I would go for a Shaun Derry / Gareth Ainsworth alongside a very experienced no2.
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:43 - Feb 10 with 2163 viewsadhoc_qpr

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:37 - Feb 10 by 00calben

Agreed.

Give Ramsey till the end of the season.

The problems at the Club run far deeper than the first team manager so in the long-term it may be in the best interests if the Club to be playing Championship football next season. I just don't see us ever planning long-term whilst we are in the PL (and therefore PL survival is the be-all and end-all).

If Ramsey does keep us up he would have earned the right to be offered the job full-time, and if he doesn't then we have plenty of time to make the right appointment to lead us forward in the Championship next season - where I would go for a Shaun Derry / Gareth Ainsworth alongside a very experienced no2.

I was up for the idea of Ramsey managing until the end of the season, but i wasn't hugely convinced by his team selection at the weekend. Although it was tight, we still found a way to lose.

If we have another hapless loss tonight (and i know we have injuries) with the likes of Traore playing and Clint at left back - it might prove he's not up to it and we need to act and appoint someone sooner.
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 11:07 - Feb 10 with 2131 viewsTHEBUSH

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:43 - Feb 10 by adhoc_qpr

I was up for the idea of Ramsey managing until the end of the season, but i wasn't hugely convinced by his team selection at the weekend. Although it was tight, we still found a way to lose.

If we have another hapless loss tonight (and i know we have injuries) with the likes of Traore playing and Clint at left back - it might prove he's not up to it and we need to act and appoint someone sooner.

We can only judge Ramsey when he has a full fit squad to choose from, at the moment he is very limited on choices and formations !!
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 11:31 - Feb 10 with 2111 viewsadhoc_qpr

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 11:07 - Feb 10 by THEBUSH

We can only judge Ramsey when he has a full fit squad to choose from, at the moment he is very limited on choices and formations !!

True and he's only been in charge for one week to reverse years of rot.

But i wouldn't give him an extended caretaker run based on Saturday, i'd keep actively recruiting and only leave him in charge if the right man isn't available or if the team looks to be improving under Ramsey (starting tonight).
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 13:20 - Feb 10 with 2045 viewsMonahoop

I'd love someone like Bilic to come to the club, but as others have said, more than likely won't happen. I still like Adkins despite his flops at Reading, but I'd certainly have him ahead of Sherwood. That guy reminds me of Jim Magilton. He can get a team to play some good football , but has a powder keg personality and is likely to be at odds with players. This is a trait we can do without at the present time.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 13:32 - Feb 10 with 2023 viewsR_from_afar

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:32 - Feb 10 by SpiritofGregory

Has a massive ego, we need to stop signing managers and players who think that they are too good for our club. QPR should request permission to speak to Warburton.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 10:33]

I agree 100%. We need someone who puts Rangers first, not some egomaniac. They need to be proud to be QPR manager. Redknapp never was, not from day one.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 13:47 - Feb 10 with 2006 viewsGetMeRangers

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 23:09 - Feb 9 by daveB

Think it's too soon for Ainsworth, massive step up from league two

Sherwood talking himself out of a job if this carries on though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11401854/Tim

I do hope TF has bloody well learnt from the last time a potential manager came to the club and interviewed QPR as to whether we were suitable for their career progression. MH markII

Please, please not Sherwood
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 14:22 - Feb 10 with 1911 viewseghamranger

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 13:32 - Feb 10 by R_from_afar

I agree 100%. We need someone who puts Rangers first, not some egomaniac. They need to be proud to be QPR manager. Redknapp never was, not from day one.

RFA

The only way that can happen is by putting in an ex player. Derry or Ainsworth would be great but not if we stay up as we would need a more experienced manager.
Mclaren may come here is we stay up and derby don't.
Think Ramsey comes over well in the press conferences and with Les behind him, can't see why he isn't given it till end of season. It's the same players, so can't see what else they can do tbf.
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 14:39 - Feb 10 with 1894 viewsonlyrinmoray

Just in case Tony is reading LFW... Ive been banging on about Dutch managers so Ive been doing a bit of research (quiet time of year for me gardening business doesn't start till March)
Check out Ron Vas manager of Pec Zwolle currently 5th in Dutch league and won Dutch cup beating Ajax 5-1 in final last year. Looking at his record must be worth an interview.
Any Dutch Rs know anything about him ?

Todays news about Warburton definitely worth considering. He has done fantastic at Brentford and has experience at boardroom level, business level and even coaching level Talented guy
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 14:48 - Feb 10 with 1864 viewsjohncharles

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 10:43 - Feb 10 by adhoc_qpr

So who would you have at left back bearing in mind Yun is still not ready ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:02 - Feb 10 with 1844 viewskysersosaqpr

If we can't get Clement, I don't really fancy more Tottenham rejects. Why not a player manager - Joey Barton for new manager for me.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:07 - Feb 10 with 1837 viewsrsonist

It seems some here remember managers like Harry did players. I'm sure Adkins and Bilic would have been great in 2009.
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 1835 viewspaulparker

Apparently talks have stalled with Timmy as he is in still in a dispute with Sandro
whatever the fcuk that means

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 1815 viewsRangersw12

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:08 - Feb 10 by paulparker

Apparently talks have stalled with Timmy as he is in still in a dispute with Sandro
whatever the fcuk that means

It means he fell out with Sandro at Spurs and therefore the board don't want it to happen at Rangers seeing as we have the crock for 4 years
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:44 - Feb 10 with 1792 viewsSpiritofGregory

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:20 - Feb 10 by Rangersw12

It means he fell out with Sandro at Spurs and therefore the board don't want it to happen at Rangers seeing as we have the crock for 4 years

Don't think them falling out will matter seeing as it's likely that Sandro will spend most of his time in physio.
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:45 - Feb 10 with 1789 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:02 - Feb 10 by kysersosaqpr

If we can't get Clement, I don't really fancy more Tottenham rejects. Why not a player manager - Joey Barton for new manager for me.

!
Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:47 - Feb 10 with 1783 viewsadhoc_qpr

Except Sherwood - who is really in the frame for manager on 15:44 - Feb 10 by SpiritofGregory

Don't think them falling out will matter seeing as it's likely that Sandro will spend most of his time in physio.

Although if Sandro falls out with the physio that would be big trouble...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024