Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Microwaves (the kitchen variant) 21:37 - Feb 8 with 1131 viewsSwanzay

I was listening today to a fairly interesting documentary on the motorway whilst driving home about microwaves. Most households have them, but do you use them to their full potential?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b051r7j0 If your interested

The program suggests that cooking vegetables in a microwave enriches their nutrience as they cook in their own steam as opposed to boiling, it also saves the elec bill by approx £5 per month, if used regularly.

Do you use your microwave as just a reheat facility or do you try to use it to its full potential?

I have used mine (a combi oven, grill micro) to cook pork, chicken and crispy jackets in the past and must say very impressed at the results and the time saved.

Also had so cock ups to mind, so is it just there to reheat your friday night curry or are you a 'microwave Evangelist' as the program tries to promote?
Microwaves (the kitchen variant) on 14:59 - Feb 9 with 1032 viewsWxmJax

Most microwaves are made by Sharp, just a different badge on the front. Also there are some highly dangerous bits within the workings with huge voltages, even when turned off, more than enough to kill you.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Microwaves (the kitchen variant) on 15:15 - Feb 9 with 1019 viewsJackhero

I've dried socks (Clean ones out of washing machine) in mine, damn sight quicker than a tumble dryer! Does that count as using to full potential?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Microwaves (the kitchen variant) on 15:52 - Feb 9 with 994 viewsSwanzay

Microwaves (the kitchen variant) on 15:15 - Feb 9 by Jackhero

I've dried socks (Clean ones out of washing machine) in mine, damn sight quicker than a tumble dryer! Does that count as using to full potential?

Of course!
Microwaves (the kitchen variant) on 16:23 - Feb 9 with 973 viewsswanduck

I steam broccoli In the microwave and I cook pasta and rice in it cos I'm lazy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024