Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke Fan in Peace 09:23 - Jan 27 with 4543 viewsBojans_magic

Without being patronising at all, I'd just like to say well done last night. Thought your lads were excellent and really had a go. We got goals at perfect times during the game, and after the little maestro's wonder goal early on I thought you dominated us until the second went in. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you get promoted. Above the Vale where you belong. Cheers.
Stoke Fan in Peace on 09:41 - Jan 27 with 4450 viewsregjenkins

Thanks very much for that, a good game to watch last night but i don't think you were three goals better than we were to be honest, but there's the gulf in league status between a hard working side in the 1st and a hard working side in the premier. You must really fancy your chances of going all the way to the final this season? Good luck to Stoke for the the rest of your season and particularly the cup. There is some status is being knocked out by the eventual winners.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Stoke Fan in Peace on 09:48 - Jan 27 with 4406 viewsBojans_magic

Stoke Fan in Peace on 09:41 - Jan 27 by regjenkins

Thanks very much for that, a good game to watch last night but i don't think you were three goals better than we were to be honest, but there's the gulf in league status between a hard working side in the 1st and a hard working side in the premier. You must really fancy your chances of going all the way to the final this season? Good luck to Stoke for the the rest of your season and particularly the cup. There is some status is being knocked out by the eventual winners.

Nah, 4-1 flattered us no doubt about it. Realistically we're probably not going to go down, and I think Hughes showed his intent by fielding as strong a team as possible last night, bar the keeper, who historically has always been changed for cup games at Stoke. I dare to dream. We got to the final a few years ago and fell at the last, but with a much weaker squad suffering from injuries and against the blue brand.

As they say, half of winning the cup is in the draw. If we can avoid the big boys away then I fancy us. Blackburn will be brilliant as long as the TV t***s don't change the kick offs again, preventing most from being able to get the day off work/use the trains, (no trains back to Stoke last night), so we should fill the whole 7000 away end and making a great atmosphere so who knows!

Cheers again and all the best.
Stoke Fan in Peace on 09:59 - Jan 27 with 4347 viewsregjenkins

Your welcome. And thanks for taking the time to post.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Stoke Fan in Peace on 10:33 - Jan 27 with 4214 viewsSandyman

Proud of Dale last night - we certainly gave it a go! But two absolutely stunning strikes did for us - very clinical finishing by Stoke throughout.

And yes, we are above Port Vale

Cheers & good luck.
Stoke Fan in Peace on 11:31 - Jan 27 with 4027 viewsParkinsGimp

Thanks pal, the finishing was the difference and which being a Prem team we would expect from you guys. Good turn out on a Monday night, well behaved and decent set of fans ...
Good luck next round and further.
Stoke Fan in Peace on 12:38 - Jan 27 with 3819 viewsrobboc

We were very lucky, Rochdale played very well in the first half.

One thing I want to add though. Who is the genius who plays the songs over the PA? Whoever it is deserves a medal as there was some class songs on.
Stoke Fan in Peace on 12:39 - Jan 27 with 3809 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stoke Fan in Peace on 12:38 - Jan 27 by robboc

One thing I want to add though. Who is the genius who plays the songs over the PA? Whoever it is deserves a medal as there was some class songs on.

Take another bow,tannoyman !
Stoke Fan in Peace on 12:45 - Jan 27 with 3762 viewsjav14

At least the tannoy was working in your end of the ground. They still haven't sorted out the wiring in the Sandy Lane end where we were stood. Its was like listening to Norman Collier. Superb atmosphere last night from both set of fans. Good luck in the next round Stoke.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke Fan in Peace on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 3751 viewsSuddenLad

Same every home game. Some stand and listen in awe others reach for the earplugs but away supporters generally speak very favourably about the music on offer..........glad you enjoyed it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stoke Fan in Peace on 14:11 - Jan 27 with 3539 viewsfrenzied

Stoke in the second half looked more than capable of moving up a few gears if necessary ,Dale gave it their best shot without troubling the keeper enough.
Hopefully Bojans injury is not too bad..hes destined for greater things I think.
Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 3429 viewsDaley_Lama

We were threatening in the first half when we went direct down the middle. Not long ball, midfielders running at their heart.

Camps sadly mis-placed a couple of passes when , Bennett's ball for Done was a peach sadly not finished.

When we went down the wings, cross after cross was over hit or easily caught by their keeper.

Substitute of Sidwell on seemed to be to target our main threat and the driving runs from midfield were far less evident.

Cracking strike for the first (poor defensive header straight to him) - decent second - absolute tekkers for the third to send Rafferty to Oldham and back - retreating player distracting Tanser for the 4th as their player ran from an on-side position.

To the death we rarely went long ball, even with big Calvin on, much to the dismay of a few around me. It wouldn't have worked, our team is not set up to go long even if we do have a biggun up front.

Great first half effort by our lot, second half the class showed and the goal was a consolation one only, not a last 10 minute tally-ho charge.

Moses had Rafferty all over, he was superb on the wing last night. Ireland looked good to my eye and the keeper was simply massive and can catch.

Walters above all stood out for me, always liked him as he reminds be of George Donnelly. Or vice versa is perhaps fairer. Loads of effort, strong lad.

Poll: DF in or out

Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 3342 viewswindowsbug

We hear it week in week out.
Gets a bit boring after a while.
Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 3337 viewsdingdangblue

Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:01 - Jan 27 by Daley_Lama

We were threatening in the first half when we went direct down the middle. Not long ball, midfielders running at their heart.

Camps sadly mis-placed a couple of passes when , Bennett's ball for Done was a peach sadly not finished.

When we went down the wings, cross after cross was over hit or easily caught by their keeper.

Substitute of Sidwell on seemed to be to target our main threat and the driving runs from midfield were far less evident.

Cracking strike for the first (poor defensive header straight to him) - decent second - absolute tekkers for the third to send Rafferty to Oldham and back - retreating player distracting Tanser for the 4th as their player ran from an on-side position.

To the death we rarely went long ball, even with big Calvin on, much to the dismay of a few around me. It wouldn't have worked, our team is not set up to go long even if we do have a biggun up front.

Great first half effort by our lot, second half the class showed and the goal was a consolation one only, not a last 10 minute tally-ho charge.

Moses had Rafferty all over, he was superb on the wing last night. Ireland looked good to my eye and the keeper was simply massive and can catch.

Walters above all stood out for me, always liked him as he reminds be of George Donnelly. Or vice versa is perhaps fairer. Loads of effort, strong lad.

It was Camps lovely chest control on the run and beautiful weighted ball through to Done for the stand out miss of the game. Just sayin. Cant believe some have been critical of Camps - thought he had a terrific 1st half - superb touch , running and vision - looks a very comfortable footballer - like Jamie Allen. He should have had a shot on one occasion when he chose a misplaced pass instead but I'm sure he'll get more confident the more he plays. Looks a natural for one so young .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:47 - Jan 27 with 3304 viewsDaley_Lama

Not watched the highlights so apologies if I got it wrong, thought it had been Bennett who played the ball through.

I like Camps lot, he's got a similar style to Allen and is physically bigger than him. I like Allen too, his ability to find space is great, his ability to play defence splitting balls (at our level) is equally as good.

Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:54 - Jan 27 with 3280 viewsdingdangblue

Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:47 - Jan 27 by Daley_Lama

Not watched the highlights so apologies if I got it wrong, thought it had been Bennett who played the ball through.

I like Camps lot, he's got a similar style to Allen and is physically bigger than him. I like Allen too, his ability to find space is great, his ability to play defence splitting balls (at our level) is equally as good.

I've not seen the highlights either yet - hopefully bbc will have something on channel 601 tonight because they showed everyone else but us last night. I wore my driving glasses last night watching the game so could easily see the difference between Camps and Bennett.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:57 - Jan 27 with 3268 viewsDaleiLama

Stoke Fan in Peace on 15:54 - Jan 27 by dingdangblue

I've not seen the highlights either yet - hopefully bbc will have something on channel 601 tonight because they showed everyone else but us last night. I wore my driving glasses last night watching the game so could easily see the difference between Camps and Bennett.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30995374

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stoke Fan in Peace on 18:23 - Jan 27 with 2904 viewsDaley_Lama

Twas indeed Camps, my error

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024