Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea 17:54 - Jan 17 with 2891 viewsPhil_S

The Swans fell to their heaviest home Premier League defeat as they were torn apart inside thirty five minutes at the Liberty this afternoon by the league leaders who were probably primed to expect a more difficult afternoon than they were given.

Read more at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/37563/poor-swans-torn-apa
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 18:48 - Jan 17 with 2770 viewsRancid

That was the best side I've ever seen down the Lib.Coupled with a depleted Swans side with so many of our midfield missing and we got what we deserved.This was always going to be a tricky period for us without Bony and Ki and the missing Montero and Shelvey but by fook it was highlighted today.

And to be honest, we've been poor for a while now and our ugly wins against Hull and Villa papered over the cracks.We've no creativity at all when Shelvey and Montero are missing and no one to bring in to replicate them.

If we don't sign the required players this month then we're in danger of going into freefall and that result today will have knocked the stuffing out of us.Garry has a big task on his hands now getting in the right players and rebuilding confidence.
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 19:33 - Jan 17 with 2681 viewsswan_si

we are not the only premier league team to take a home beating, in previous seasons, spurs lost 0 - 5 to liverpool, man utd 1 man city 8, sometimes shit happens.
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 19:59 - Jan 17 with 2614 viewsBloodyhills

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 19:33 - Jan 17 by swan_si

we are not the only premier league team to take a home beating, in previous seasons, spurs lost 0 - 5 to liverpool, man utd 1 man city 8, sometimes shit happens.

I don't think we will go into freefall, Chelsea are a good team, but there are definitely areas in which we need to improve. Maybe this will act as a wake up call and serve to make us look on how we can get better.

How a team reacts to adversity defines it.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:01 - Jan 17 with 2605 views3swan

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 18:48 - Jan 17 by Rancid

That was the best side I've ever seen down the Lib.Coupled with a depleted Swans side with so many of our midfield missing and we got what we deserved.This was always going to be a tricky period for us without Bony and Ki and the missing Montero and Shelvey but by fook it was highlighted today.

And to be honest, we've been poor for a while now and our ugly wins against Hull and Villa papered over the cracks.We've no creativity at all when Shelvey and Montero are missing and no one to bring in to replicate them.

If we don't sign the required players this month then we're in danger of going into freefall and that result today will have knocked the stuffing out of us.Garry has a big task on his hands now getting in the right players and rebuilding confidence.

Before the game I predicted a 0-3 defeat
Chelsea were very very good and taking nothing away from them but we didn’t turn up at all today.
There can be many reasons given - that we were a weakened team etc, but we were beaten as soon as the first goal went in.
We stood off and watched them play, I thought our players classed themselves as Premier League players but today they were totally devoid of ideas, the basics, heart, and pride in their performance.
Only 2 players I can say came out with any credit and they are Fabianski and Oliveira.
2 main learning points from the game for our players. We play in white and can’t play at a low tempo
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:03 - Jan 17 with 2595 viewsswan_si

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 19:59 - Jan 17 by Bloodyhills

I don't think we will go into freefall, Chelsea are a good team, but there are definitely areas in which we need to improve. Maybe this will act as a wake up call and serve to make us look on how we can get better.

How a team reacts to adversity defines it.

we were awful today, conceding in the first minute set the tone, we looked rushed and out of shape, BUT, we are not the only premier league team to take a beating, in previous seasons, spurs lost 0 - 5 to liverpool, man utd 1 man city 8, man city 8 arsenal 2, shit happens, but we need to learn and move on, next weeks game at blackburn is vital, not just a win, we need to go and put in a great performance, not only for confidence, but to show southampton, that this week was just a glitch.
COYS
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:23 - Jan 17 with 2557 viewsSCB1985

It was so bad that when I glanced over to the west stand I thought I was back at the vetch and looking at the centre stand.

Fernandez hasn't convinced me that he is worth £8M and why pass back to a goalkeeper in front of a Chelsea striker with a rocket up his arse.

Poll: whats more important to you

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:32 - Jan 17 with 2521 viewsBloodyhills

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:03 - Jan 17 by swan_si

we were awful today, conceding in the first minute set the tone, we looked rushed and out of shape, BUT, we are not the only premier league team to take a beating, in previous seasons, spurs lost 0 - 5 to liverpool, man utd 1 man city 8, man city 8 arsenal 2, shit happens, but we need to learn and move on, next weeks game at blackburn is vital, not just a win, we need to go and put in a great performance, not only for confidence, but to show southampton, that this week was just a glitch.
COYS

Yes, I hope we respond well and put in some great performances and I suppose we will know more about Monk and the players after we see how thy do react to this shit performance.

I think we can learn from it and improve.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:59 - Jan 17 with 2470 viewsPacemaker

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:01 - Jan 17 by 3swan

Chelsea were very very good and taking nothing away from them but we didn’t turn up at all today.
There can be many reasons given - that we were a weakened team etc, but we were beaten as soon as the first goal went in.
We stood off and watched them play, I thought our players classed themselves as Premier League players but today they were totally devoid of ideas, the basics, heart, and pride in their performance.
Only 2 players I can say came out with any credit and they are Fabianski and Oliveira.
2 main learning points from the game for our players. We play in white and can’t play at a low tempo

Funny how two people see the game differently, I thought Oliveria was responsible for losing possession far too easily and stood off Fabregas, I don't blame him, he is a centre forward who was asked to play midfield and it showed with his positioning being far too forward too often and looking lightweight in the tackle.

Not the reason we lost but I was disappointed following his cameo last week.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 21:06 - Jan 17 with 2452 views3swan

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:59 - Jan 17 by Pacemaker

Funny how two people see the game differently, I thought Oliveria was responsible for losing possession far too easily and stood off Fabregas, I don't blame him, he is a centre forward who was asked to play midfield and it showed with his positioning being far too forward too often and looking lightweight in the tackle.

Not the reason we lost but I was disappointed following his cameo last week.

After Fab I was struggling to name another player but I did think he showed promise for the future and took up some good positions etc. Agree about looking lightweight but gave him credit for keeping going on his first start especially against Chelsea.
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 21:46 - Jan 17 with 2358 viewsossie_jacks

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 21:06 - Jan 17 by 3swan

After Fab I was struggling to name another player but I did think he showed promise for the future and took up some good positions etc. Agree about looking lightweight but gave him credit for keeping going on his first start especially against Chelsea.

tiendalli for rangel----carroll for britton now im not saying we would have won the game but the manager has a history of fecking up.we have at least stood up to them in the past today was well no excuse for it.

rant over
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 22:24 - Jan 17 with 2286 viewswaynekerr55

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 21:46 - Jan 17 by ossie_jacks

tiendalli for rangel----carroll for britton now im not saying we would have won the game but the manager has a history of fecking up.we have at least stood up to them in the past today was well no excuse for it.

rant over

Such a record of fecking up that pound for pound his points return is as good as Brendan and Laudrup...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 23:14 - Jan 17 with 2183 viewsJackofdreambeach

what a Chelsea side this is, you have to acknowledge that they are amongst the cream of Europe.
What of us Swans- it heightened the need for quality full backs - a position we failed to strengthen in summer 2014. But it should also make us re-assess the need for a powerful,athletic leader in the middle. Most definitely a defensive midfielder and attacking , goal scoring midfielder needed.
Bouncebackability needed at Blackburn & Southampton.
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 08:37 - Jan 18 with 1959 viewshammy

Some reasons for such a heavy defeat:-

Fernandez - seems very uncomfortable with our passing game and didn't mark Costa very well - probably led directly to 2 goals
Ash - he was severely debilitated in the second half, couldn't move his arm, so was he fit to start ?
Carroll - picked to play the Leon role, but far too inexperienced; gave away the first goal after 50 seconds !
Lack of defensive midfield - Siggy playing DM and picking Oliveira as an AM; the team was far too attack minded and their most creative / dangerous player, Fabregas, was allowed to roam at will
Dyer - just seemed to fall over every time he went in for a tackle; did he have the right boots on ?
We were missing Ki, Leon, Shelvey and Montero against the best team and individual footballers in the league

I didn't even think Chelski played all that well (they didn't have to). They mis-placed a number of passes and missed a few easy chances.

Let's hope this is a one off and we get our stuff together for the trip to Blackburn next week; the FA Cup is the only thing left this season.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 09:11 - Jan 18 with 1912 viewsPhil_S

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 08:37 - Jan 18 by hammy

Fernandez - seems very uncomfortable with our passing game and didn't mark Costa very well - probably led directly to 2 goals
Ash - he was severely debilitated in the second half, couldn't move his arm, so was he fit to start ?
Carroll - picked to play the Leon role, but far too inexperienced; gave away the first goal after 50 seconds !
Lack of defensive midfield - Siggy playing DM and picking Oliveira as an AM; the team was far too attack minded and their most creative / dangerous player, Fabregas, was allowed to roam at will
Dyer - just seemed to fall over every time he went in for a tackle; did he have the right boots on ?
We were missing Ki, Leon, Shelvey and Montero against the best team and individual footballers in the league

I didn't even think Chelski played all that well (they didn't have to). They mis-placed a number of passes and missed a few easy chances.

Let's hope this is a one off and we get our stuff together for the trip to Blackburn next week; the FA Cup is the only thing left this season.

Carroll gave away the opening goal? Not sure he was given any chance with the ball he was played by Sigurdsson
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 09:34 - Jan 18 with 1878 viewsowainglyndwr

I felt yesterday that we went into defensive mod straight away.
Not a lot of movement to get passes through (standing flat footed)

On top of this Chelsea worked so hard closed & chased everything.down.
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 09:56 - Jan 18 with 1847 viewsDr_Winston

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 20:01 - Jan 17 by 3swan

To me it seems like too many people are dodging responsibility. You can see it at throw ins where nobody moves for the ball. You can see it in the way players seem desperate to pass the ball on as fast as they can instead of bringing it forward themselves (Fernandez is particularly good at this). You can see it in the way that few players seem interested in working to win it back.

Be it just players needing a kick up the arse or a deliberate tactical choice, we have to get a grip and change it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 1776 viewsWarwickHunt

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 08:37 - Jan 18 by hammy

Our entire midfield playing out of position and favouring getting two banks of four behind the ball over closing down arguably the most talented midfield and attack in world football. It looked like dads v lads.

Cambridge will give Yernahtid a stiffer test on Friday.
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 11:02 - Jan 18 with 1763 viewsperchrockjack

"serious " question Phil.

Do you believe we re pretty much in a pit right now with a manager too naïve and a board seemingly looking to cash in before nobbing off.

I note we re "skint". If we are ,then it would be criminal literally.

Unhappy from Hoyake

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 12:03 - Jan 18 with 1693 viewsTrundle10

Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 11:02 - Jan 18 by perchrockjack

"serious " question Phil.

Do you believe we re pretty much in a pit right now with a manager too naïve and a board seemingly looking to cash in before nobbing off.

I note we re "skint". If we are ,then it would be criminal literally.

Unhappy from Hoyake

Why are these threads sticky Phillip?
Poor Swans Torn Apart By Chelsea on 17:03 - Jan 18 with 1512 viewsGroo

It could have been worse, look at Wrexham, lost 0-4 at home to the bottom team Telford.

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024