Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. 23:28 - Jan 13 with 12571 viewsrochdaleest1907

It's disappointing when you lot make that response. If you really really think that then try somewhere else. I've lived here most my life but been elsewhere on many occasions, I know we get bad media attention etc but there are other places much worse. Stop it with that stupid response it makes you sound like a bunch of idiots playing with yr own poo.

daveofthedale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 17:09 - Jan 15 with 1730 viewsaleanddale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 16:55 - Jan 15 by nordenblue

The only thing that will be remotely like chester is theres a river running through the middle, if your comparing Rochdale to York ill have a pint of whatever you've had.
Change the town all you like it will still have the swamp life that frequent it all too often

My favourite city's for a boozin weekend.

1. York
2. Edinburgh
3. Chester

Of course we have pond life.... To much of it... But the town has to try and turn a corner soon and I would rather encourage the welcome improvement than belittle.

It has started and there are nuggets of diamonds amongst all the coal. I hope the next 18 months shows the same as the last and we will be down the road to an improved town centre.
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 18:45 - Jan 15 with 1637 viewsDomDale

The town and the majority of it's folk suffer from a poverty of ambition.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 19:01 - Jan 15 with 1605 viewsD_Alien

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 18:45 - Jan 15 by DomDale

The town and the majority of it's folk suffer from a poverty of ambition.

You're right DomDale, and there's obviously plenty of people only too eager to run the place down. The same attitude existed with regard to the Dale and possibly still does in some quarters.

It's odd though, isn't it, how some of those who post on here about how much of a shithole they think the town is, also reckon we'll never make a go of playing in the championship?

Maybe those who take that attitude have more of the town ingrained in them than they realise!

[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 19:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 13:15 - Jan 16 with 1363 viewsDickydaler

I'm in the 'Stop Chanting' corner. Maybe it was a good come back the first few times but it has become a bit boring now. It makes me cringe whenever I hear it. I have lived in Rochdale all my life and have a sense of pride for my home town. I know the town has a few problems but by putting it down even further doesn't help. I just hope it isn't sung during our televised match against Stoke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024