Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night's result 01:30 - Dec 30 with 2286 viewsBonjour

Has seen a lot of responses along the lines of us being an average premier league team and that's what we are and all we can hope to be. And furthermore, we should be proud to be that average premier league team.

Really? If that's the case then why turn up to the rest of the games? We won't get relegated, we won't get 4th/5th/6th. Where is the hook?

I'm proud of where we are and from where we've come but we cannot afford to start accepting mediocrity.

Does that mean things need to change financially? Probably. Brings the unknown into it but I'd rather that than settling for no ambition.

Losing 4-1 to Liverpool and saying "that's about right" is not what it's about.
Last night's result on 01:41 - Dec 30 with 2260 viewsJack123

I think everyones gutted.. we can do so much better! I don't mind losing, but not playing like that..

libera nos a malo

Last night's result on 02:42 - Dec 30 with 2221 viewsphact0rri

A nightmare is what it was... I mean we can't be okay with mistakes like. half of the match could be a blooper reel.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Last night's result on 05:24 - Dec 30 with 2165 viewsGlyn1

"Where is the hook?"

OK, I didn't see the game so can't comment on the performance. But we lost away from home to the team that finished 2nd last season, and which was a result that most of us would have predicted, and that's not "accepting mediocrity".

If you want to take American money in an attempt to buy our way into the Top Four then I am going to respectfully disagree with you, because what would be the point?

As you said, we won't get relegated this season, so Garry and the players can use the last 18 matches to do whatever they like - use them as training matches if necessary. For me, the "hook" would be a good FA Cup run and the chance to take on and beat the best sides in the division by playing the best football in the division: Chelsea on Jan 17th for example.

Let me mention February 12th 2014. That was the date last season when we reached 28 points, so we are currently 6 weeks ahead of then. In what way is that a bad thing?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Last night's result on 07:19 - Dec 30 with 2102 viewsRancid

Do we have the strength in depth to handle the busy Christmas schedule?

Did Brendan get it right tactically last night and nullified us?

Does Monk have it in his locker to see what's going on and be pro-active rather than re-active?

Did we catch a Liverpool side who've turned a corner and bang on form?

Just a few maybe's to put out there as to why we were so poor last night.
Last night's result on 07:34 - Dec 30 with 2072 viewsdameedna

Last night's result on 07:19 - Dec 30 by Rancid

Do we have the strength in depth to handle the busy Christmas schedule?

Did Brendan get it right tactically last night and nullified us?

Does Monk have it in his locker to see what's going on and be pro-active rather than re-active?

Did we catch a Liverpool side who've turned a corner and bang on form?

Just a few maybe's to put out there as to why we were so poor last night.

Our midfield was outplayed and at 4 - 1 down we passed it back.

We looked better with Ki and Gomis on the pitch.

To be fair I am glad Barrow was not wheeled out. He can play at QPR and hope we can manage the middle better and not let their ex England CM international push us about.
Last night's result on 07:39 - Dec 30 with 2062 viewsRancid

Last night's result on 07:34 - Dec 30 by dameedna

Our midfield was outplayed and at 4 - 1 down we passed it back.

We looked better with Ki and Gomis on the pitch.

To be fair I am glad Barrow was not wheeled out. He can play at QPR and hope we can manage the middle better and not let their ex England CM international push us about.

So that would come under the not enough strength in depth option I mentioned then?

I noticed we missed Ki's coolness and ability to keep hold of the ball within 10 minutes last night.We're gonna miss him more than we realize.All the emphasis is on Bony and the ACON but I don't think Bony has been doing it these last few games and like you say Gomis looked more of a threat when he came on.
Last night's result on 07:45 - Dec 30 with 2047 viewsGlyn1

Last night's result on 07:39 - Dec 30 by Rancid

So that would come under the not enough strength in depth option I mentioned then?

I noticed we missed Ki's coolness and ability to keep hold of the ball within 10 minutes last night.We're gonna miss him more than we realize.All the emphasis is on Bony and the ACON but I don't think Bony has been doing it these last few games and like you say Gomis looked more of a threat when he came on.

You do realize that everyone is blaming you for this defeat? "Never done one of these before so I'm hoping I'll be a lucky charm." Yes. to LIVERPOOL. Need to raise your game, son.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Last night's result on 07:46 - Dec 30 with 2043 viewsRancid

Last night's result on 07:45 - Dec 30 by Glyn1

You do realize that everyone is blaming you for this defeat? "Never done one of these before so I'm hoping I'll be a lucky charm." Yes. to LIVERPOOL. Need to raise your game, son.

Yes, Yes I do, and it hurts.
Login to get fewer ads

Last night's result on 07:52 - Dec 30 with 2016 viewsdameedna

Didn't mean to quote you and going to lie down soon. I see your number 3 as about right. I was disinterested in large parts of the game which is wrong. If I watched Fernandez I could see the light. I am not sure what needs to be done. I am going to think of other things for a few days....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024