Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your thoughts apologists??? 16:51 - Dec 20 with 4255 viewshindu_seasider

On today's embarrassment...
Your thoughts apologists??? on 13:24 - Dec 21 with 994 viewsjanegallagher

why is Fleetwood bry in that list

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Your thoughts apologists??? on 15:32 - Dec 21 with 933 viewsribble

Your thoughts apologists??? on 13:24 - Dec 21 by janegallagher

Since he's a Fleetwood supporter, you mean? Yes odd that, but then logical thinking was never one of Dennis' strengths.
Your thoughts apologists??? on 21:14 - Dec 21 with 899 viewsfleetwoodbry

Your thoughts apologists??? on 11:52 - Dec 21 by ribble

Ah, so OldSkool is Dennis_the_Gormless. Thanks for underlining my point so aptly.

If OldSkool IS Dennis then its a bit rich him talking about "freebies" of any sort, seeing that up to last season at least he was taking the Oyston shillings in the shape of free entry into Bloomfield Road, seriously you could'nt make that up!!
Your thoughts apologists??? on 23:18 - Dec 21 with 869 viewsfleetwoodbry

Your thoughts apologists??? on 13:24 - Dec 21 by janegallagher

Ribble, Jane
Your thoughts apologists??? on 23:39 - Dec 21 with 848 viewsWizaard

I can speak for myself.

This is what I've written for the Gazette.

'A potentially devastating home defeat against what was a good Bournemouth side, that we made look even better. Walking to the ground, I read in the Gazette that the pitch had been deliberately left scuffed up to ‘be a problem for Bournemouth’. As the game started, it was obvious that only one side couldn’t pass on the pitch, and it wasn’t Bournemouth. Good players adapt to the surface regardless, while players lacking in confidence are undermined by every potential bobble. It really isn’t the same for both sides. Even their first goal was probably down to the shocking state of the surface.
The tactics weren’t helping as once again our lone striker was totally isolated and the ball just came straight back. Having said that, we were still in the game as half time approached until Eagles made the catastrophic decision to run the ball out, while making little or no attempt to get his body shielding the ball, resulting in a tap-in goal. Second half, we continued to gift the game as Nosworthy kicked out the ball as he was injured. Rather than stay on the pitch, forcing the referee to stop the game, allow us to make the substitution and allow us to reorganise, he hobbled off, and they ruthlessly capitalised and scored. Game over and hundreds left there and then. Despite a comeback goal, they immediately won a very soft penalty, again leading to an exodus, re-enacted every time a goal went in. To be honest, I partially stayed until the end to avoid the crowds, exiting to a stunned silence.
A terrible day, and how we react to it over the rest of the month will be key to the rest of the season. It’s been coming ever since we failed to prepare at the start of the season. The Chairman needs to consider if he’s really doing what he claims to support his managers and team.'

The extension of the logic is for those who go toI take full blame. It's all to do with those who go to games. If you've never been, you've never put a penny in the coffers so are entirely blameless. I know a few Leeds fans who've never been. They must be the real fans that deserve the club.

I haven't seen anyone deny that the season has been a shambles from start to finish with absolutely no-one condoning or trying to justify anything the Chairman has done. Of course, it's all more about scoring points on an internet forum than supporting a real team.

I've just had a glance through t'other side. Does anyone find it ironic to find a thread from last evening saying that those posting on here have sad lonely lives and were in hiding after yesterday's result? Last night was the last Saturday before Christmas, and unsurprisingly, I and many others would have been out having a drink. To be called having a sad lonely life by those sat in on such a night posting on the Internet makes me wonder about their lives...

Bizarre.

Seems to me that the only ones upset about the result are the football fans. The rest are those who have given up and have sole focus on hating Oyston. At least they'll have gained some twisted satisfaction from the result.

The only bonus for me was that when I left the ground, I'd avoided the rush, as that occurred shortly after their third,fourth, fifth and sixth goals.

Your thoughts apologists??? on 19:09 - Dec 22 with 759 viewsBigbrother

Your thoughts apologists??? on 11:52 - Dec 21 by ribble

Ah, so OldSkool is Dennis_the_Gormless. Thanks for underlining my point so aptly.

If the state of club isn't sad enough, we still seem to have an element within our support who insist that there is an enemy to target within our own fan base. A complete waste of time and the reason why I don't bother with the other board anymore.

Unbelievable that some fans are positively revelling in what is happening when truth be known no one should be pleased at the state of our club whether it means heads will roll or not. We are an embarrassment because of the owners and not the fans and the sooner people like Hindu realise that the better.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Your thoughts apologists??? on 19:32 - Dec 22 with 752 viewsstu

Hind is a little kid

Tangerine is the new black

Your thoughts apologists??? on 20:07 - Dec 22 with 730 viewsWizaard

Your thoughts apologists??? on 19:32 - Dec 22 by stu

Hind is a little kid

This thread seems to get to the mid thirties then mysteriously shrink again without me noticing posts going. Odd.
Login to get fewer ads

Your thoughts apologists??? on 03:07 - Dec 23 with 674 viewsArchibaldKnox

Your thoughts apologists??? on 23:39 - Dec 21 by Wizaard

I can speak for myself.

This is what I've written for the Gazette.

'A potentially devastating home defeat against what was a good Bournemouth side, that we made look even better. Walking to the ground, I read in the Gazette that the pitch had been deliberately left scuffed up to ‘be a problem for Bournemouth’. As the game started, it was obvious that only one side couldn’t pass on the pitch, and it wasn’t Bournemouth. Good players adapt to the surface regardless, while players lacking in confidence are undermined by every potential bobble. It really isn’t the same for both sides. Even their first goal was probably down to the shocking state of the surface.
The tactics weren’t helping as once again our lone striker was totally isolated and the ball just came straight back. Having said that, we were still in the game as half time approached until Eagles made the catastrophic decision to run the ball out, while making little or no attempt to get his body shielding the ball, resulting in a tap-in goal. Second half, we continued to gift the game as Nosworthy kicked out the ball as he was injured. Rather than stay on the pitch, forcing the referee to stop the game, allow us to make the substitution and allow us to reorganise, he hobbled off, and they ruthlessly capitalised and scored. Game over and hundreds left there and then. Despite a comeback goal, they immediately won a very soft penalty, again leading to an exodus, re-enacted every time a goal went in. To be honest, I partially stayed until the end to avoid the crowds, exiting to a stunned silence.
A terrible day, and how we react to it over the rest of the month will be key to the rest of the season. It’s been coming ever since we failed to prepare at the start of the season. The Chairman needs to consider if he’s really doing what he claims to support his managers and team.'

The extension of the logic is for those who go toI take full blame. It's all to do with those who go to games. If you've never been, you've never put a penny in the coffers so are entirely blameless. I know a few Leeds fans who've never been. They must be the real fans that deserve the club.

I haven't seen anyone deny that the season has been a shambles from start to finish with absolutely no-one condoning or trying to justify anything the Chairman has done. Of course, it's all more about scoring points on an internet forum than supporting a real team.

I've just had a glance through t'other side. Does anyone find it ironic to find a thread from last evening saying that those posting on here have sad lonely lives and were in hiding after yesterday's result? Last night was the last Saturday before Christmas, and unsurprisingly, I and many others would have been out having a drink. To be called having a sad lonely life by those sat in on such a night posting on the Internet makes me wonder about their lives...

Bizarre.

Seems to me that the only ones upset about the result are the football fans. The rest are those who have given up and have sole focus on hating Oyston. At least they'll have gained some twisted satisfaction from the result.

The only bonus for me was that when I left the ground, I'd avoided the rush, as that occurred shortly after their third,fourth, fifth and sixth goals.

Wiz... Your match report is accurate, unbiased and penetratingly truthful. I do not need to repeat that Bournemouth humiliated us, but I will. I went to the match, stayed until the end and admired (though did not enjoy) Bournemouth's performance.

The rest of your post is bizarre, difficult to understand and, frankly, perverse to other fans. But I also feel a real sense of anger at the mismanagement of this club and do not disagree with other fans' disparagement of the Oystons' complete ineptitude. They are real money-grabbing, despicable charlatans, father to son to grandson. The other site has more clarity and heartfelt feeling on that MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE than quite a few posters on this confused site. This, in football terms, is a catastrophe. It might not be in terms of the rest of life, but do not dismiss its importance to many. To be frank, it is really difficult to be as incompetent as the O's, and everyone knows it.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 3:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024