Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays 15:13 - Dec 7 with 34681 viewsPlazex

Actually looks as if Sakho took fabianski down. Hope we have the card rescinded. And bloody hell 3-1 crap.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:36 - Dec 7 with 1823 viewsItchySphincter

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:32 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

yes he does - he said it was a fantastic decision.

He is ignoring the fractionally earlier utterly s**tty decision to ignore the handball though. Seemingly because that is not 'reviewable'.

I'm having a bit of trouble with your logic here. The ref 'ignored' the handball because he didn't see it, therefor it never happened. He has given a foul againt Fab which is the correct call. The only debatable thing is whether it warranted a red.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:36 - Dec 7 with 1821 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:32 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

yes he does - he said it was a fantastic decision.

He is ignoring the fractionally earlier utterly s**tty decision to ignore the handball though. Seemingly because that is not 'reviewable'.

Where have i ignored it? Ive said it cannot be reviewed so at this stage of the day (post match) then it becomes irrelevant to our cause. Simple as that.

Once that was missed then the resultant foul was handled perfectly by the ref. dont know what there is to debate to be honest.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 16:37]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:39 - Dec 7 with 1790 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:31 - Dec 7 by Parlay

So why are you bringing that up when we are discussing appeals and overturning of the red? If you are not interested in personal financial gain may i ask you address any surplus cash from your pay-check to me. Thanks.

I wasn't. I brought it up when you mentioned 'a discussion of the rules' not a 'discussion of the appeal'.

I had already made my view on the appeal quite clear - I think we'll appeal and will win.

And I suspect that there are far better uses for surplus cash in this world than you.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:41 - Dec 7 with 1774 viewsMrSwan

The amount of times we aloud Sahko to slice through our defence like a hot knife through butter was disgusting there was no preparation for it god help had he started

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:41 - Dec 7 with 1776 viewsItchySphincter

This is an interesting one. I don't think we'll appeal. If we do, obviously I hope we win but I don't think we will.

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:42 - Dec 7 with 1773 viewsAnotherJohn

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:55 - Dec 7 by Parlay

Nothing to disagree with, they are separate fouls and only one can be reviewed. That's just fact.

The foul that will be reviewed if appealed (we wont appeal) will be fabianskis on Sakho regardless of handball. And that was a foul and he did stop a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Mr P didn't see it at the time - as you'll see if you review his comment on the match thread, and seems to miss the point that the handball took the ball around our keeper who would otherwise have been on the correct line to block it.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:42 - Dec 7 with 1770 viewsskippyjack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:36 - Dec 7 by Parlay

Where have i ignored it? Ive said it cannot be reviewed so at this stage of the day (post match) then it becomes irrelevant to our cause. Simple as that.

Once that was missed then the resultant foul was handled perfectly by the ref. dont know what there is to debate to be honest.

Sakho took the shot before he initially blew his whistle.. so he gained an advantage. Yellow card. I'll have a bet with you.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:43 - Dec 7 with 1765 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:39 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

I wasn't. I brought it up when you mentioned 'a discussion of the rules' not a 'discussion of the appeal'.

I had already made my view on the appeal quite clear - I think we'll appeal and will win.

And I suspect that there are far better uses for surplus cash in this world than you.

Right, and you are suggesting i think the handball is fine? What is your point now, do you even know yourself?

We clearly will not appeal and if we do we even more clearly wont win.

As i said, i expect you will apologise for your insulting insinuations when proved completely and utterly incorrect?

Forgive me, you said you had no interest in personal gain which i assumed you meant you didn't have any interest in what you did with it either. All this bluster to get out of a bet you are ever so sure you will win. Ill even give you 10-1.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 16:44]

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:43 - Dec 7 with 1759 viewsJackfath

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:42 - Dec 7 by skippyjack

Sakho took the shot before he initially blew his whistle.. so he gained an advantage. Yellow card. I'll have a bet with you.

He blew his whistle before he shot.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:44 - Dec 7 with 1746 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:36 - Dec 7 by Parlay

you are stating 'the resultant foul was handled perfectly' as though that is factually correct.

I don't believe it was handled correctly - it wasn't a red card in my view (as I stated originally, when I specifically said, ignoring the hand ball').

And if you don't know why there is a debate, then why do you think it was being debated on the post match analysis?
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:46 - Dec 7 with 1735 viewsParlay

So you are betting it will be overturned and i am betting it will not be?

Ok im in. If i win could you make a donation to Cancer research UK. But i ask you provide proof as i would of course do in return... Or indeed give it directly to you.

How much?

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:48 - Dec 7 with 1727 viewsDarran

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:46 - Dec 7 by Parlay

So you are betting it will be overturned and i am betting it will not be?

Ok im in. If i win could you make a donation to Cancer research UK. But i ask you provide proof as i would of course do in return... Or indeed give it directly to you.

How much?

You could eat a shirt or forge a letter.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:48 - Dec 7 with 1721 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:44 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

you are stating 'the resultant foul was handled perfectly' as though that is factually correct.

I don't believe it was handled correctly - it wasn't a red card in my view (as I stated originally, when I specifically said, ignoring the hand ball').

And if you don't know why there is a debate, then why do you think it was being debated on the post match analysis?

Because people are unaware of the rules and Sky are employed to make talking points. In terms of the laws of the game, this is not debatable and it being a deserved red card is a fact going on those same laws of the game. And those same laws of the game will ensure any frivolous appeal will be emphatically denied.

But i will ask for the third time, can we expect an apology for your accusation in your OP when it is confirmed you are wrong?

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:49 - Dec 7 with 1717 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:48 - Dec 7 by Darran

You could eat a shirt or forge a letter.

I could do, ill do either. Want a bet dazza?

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:50 - Dec 7 with 1710 viewsParlay

We doing this or what?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 16:51]

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:54 - Dec 7 with 1693 viewsDarran

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:49 - Dec 7 by Parlay

I could do, ill do either. Want a bet dazza?

Nah gambling is a mugs game though I do think we'll appeal whether we win it is another story.
Fab wants to appeal too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:58 - Dec 7 with 1668 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:54 - Dec 7 by Darran

Nah gambling is a mugs game though I do think we'll appeal whether we win it is another story.
Fab wants to appeal too.

Im sure he does dazza, it will be a foolish appeal though and hopefully after the heat of the moment it will be different. im fully expecting common sense to prevail as well as some sensible and sound consultation tomorrow - and they will not appeal. If they do it may affect future appeals or make us look a little "bad loser-ish" ill coin that term.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:00 - Dec 7 with 1662 viewsItchySphincter

I'm swaying towards not appealing. Can't see any grounds for a panel to rescind it.

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:03 - Dec 7 with 1644 viewsskippyjack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:54 - Dec 7 by Darran

Fab wants to appeal too.

It's not as straightforward as Parlay thinks.. it's clearly debatable.. I'm not betting.. but saying it will not be rescinded 100% is a dodgy claim.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:04 - Dec 7 with 1638 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:43 - Dec 7 by Parlay

Right, and you are suggesting i think the handball is fine? What is your point now, do you even know yourself?

We clearly will not appeal and if we do we even more clearly wont win.

As i said, i expect you will apologise for your insulting insinuations when proved completely and utterly incorrect?

Forgive me, you said you had no interest in personal gain which i assumed you meant you didn't have any interest in what you did with it either. All this bluster to get out of a bet you are ever so sure you will win. Ill even give you 10-1.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 16:44]

this is not difficult but I'll explain it simply.

If we ignore the handball, then as I said, I do not believe the sending off was correct because it is my view that Sakho jumped into (or was pushed into) Fabianski who stood his ground and I don't believe there is any obligation on a player to get out of the way. On that basis i believe we'll appeal and will win.

If however, we look at the offence in the round (i.e. from a match perspective rather than a straight appeal perspective) then your assessment that it 'was essentially a fantastic ref decision' I am also disagreeing with, since you are ignoring the missed handball which happened before the incident with Fabianski.

And I am making not attempt to 'get out of any bet'. You said 'I'll bet you' and I said that since I wasn't 8 years old I would ignore that rather childish retort.

All this 'I'll bet you whatever you want' nonsense is utterly ridiculous. I am reminded of a great story about Kerry Packer on a cruise ship where he became increasingly irritated by some little prat constantly wanting to 'bet' everyone about everything. Packer lost his patience and ended up saying to the bloke 'how much are you worth - in total - everything you own'. When the guy replied, Packer said 'I'll spin you for it'. The bloke shut the hell up from that point on. Grow up.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:09 - Dec 7 with 1617 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:03 - Dec 7 by skippyjack

It's not as straightforward as Parlay thinks.. it's clearly debatable.. I'm not betting.. but saying it will not be rescinded 100% is a dodgy claim.

The fact its debatable (i dont even think it is) means it will not be overturned.

The review panel is for obvious referee mistakes. Can you honestly say this is an obvious referee mistake (forget the handball).

Im extremely confident in my statement and still 100% stand by any offer ive made.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:16 - Dec 7 with 1598 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:04 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

this is not difficult but I'll explain it simply.

If we ignore the handball, then as I said, I do not believe the sending off was correct because it is my view that Sakho jumped into (or was pushed into) Fabianski who stood his ground and I don't believe there is any obligation on a player to get out of the way. On that basis i believe we'll appeal and will win.

If however, we look at the offence in the round (i.e. from a match perspective rather than a straight appeal perspective) then your assessment that it 'was essentially a fantastic ref decision' I am also disagreeing with, since you are ignoring the missed handball which happened before the incident with Fabianski.

And I am making not attempt to 'get out of any bet'. You said 'I'll bet you' and I said that since I wasn't 8 years old I would ignore that rather childish retort.

All this 'I'll bet you whatever you want' nonsense is utterly ridiculous. I am reminded of a great story about Kerry Packer on a cruise ship where he became increasingly irritated by some little prat constantly wanting to 'bet' everyone about everything. Packer lost his patience and ended up saying to the bloke 'how much are you worth - in total - everything you own'. When the guy replied, Packer said 'I'll spin you for it'. The bloke shut the hell up from that point on. Grow up.

You are explaining something ive never hinted at not comprehending.

A fantastic referee decision is different from a fantastic refereeing performance. By saying it was a fantastic decision also irradiates the handball as they are separate incidents and indeed separate fouls.

Yes i know you said betting was childish. We have established this. I responded that betting is strictly an adult activity and has been used to separate people genuine opinions from mere soundbites for centuries - you then decided to not do it and label it childish when in fact you were the one who initially said anyone who disagreed with your obviously sketchy opinion is anti swansea with an agenda.

You are more than welcome to call me in to bet for everything i am worth if you want and i can assure you i wont back down such is the obviousness of the situation. Quite a difference considering this is the only thing ive offered a bet on such was the conviction of your accusations.

Simple rule, if you dont want to be called out then dont be so silly and insulting. If me calling you out and watching you try and worm out of a bet is me needing to grow up then i will be needing to grow up for a very long time.

I notice you are still ignoring requests for an apology once it is proven you are emphatically wrong... Wonder why.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:29 - Dec 7 with 1561 viewsAnotherJohn

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:16 - Dec 7 by Parlay

You are explaining something ive never hinted at not comprehending.

A fantastic referee decision is different from a fantastic refereeing performance. By saying it was a fantastic decision also irradiates the handball as they are separate incidents and indeed separate fouls.

Yes i know you said betting was childish. We have established this. I responded that betting is strictly an adult activity and has been used to separate people genuine opinions from mere soundbites for centuries - you then decided to not do it and label it childish when in fact you were the one who initially said anyone who disagreed with your obviously sketchy opinion is anti swansea with an agenda.

You are more than welcome to call me in to bet for everything i am worth if you want and i can assure you i wont back down such is the obviousness of the situation. Quite a difference considering this is the only thing ive offered a bet on such was the conviction of your accusations.

Simple rule, if you dont want to be called out then dont be so silly and insulting. If me calling you out and watching you try and worm out of a bet is me needing to grow up then i will be needing to grow up for a very long time.

I notice you are still ignoring requests for an apology once it is proven you are emphatically wrong... Wonder why.

Don't you think that all this business about 'calling out' people in recent days makes you look rather silly? It is one factor that leads me to discount the value of your posts.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 17:32]
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:29 - Dec 7 with 1560 viewsDrizzy

The frustration arises from the fact that Sakho got away with the handball. To be fair it was nearly impossible to spot in real time.

After the handball (which is now irrelevant as the referee hasn't given a foul for it) the act of sending Fabianski off is entirely justified. It was a clear obstruction, the fact that he fell on his arse after collision doesn't matter. Of course he is entitled to charge out to close down the angle and/or attempt to win the ball but he did neither. The silly push by Ash did make it seem worse but viewing that in real time it's quite an obvious decision.

It was unfortunate and probably killed our chances of getting back in the game but the fact remains we were beaten by the better side on the day. West Ham and Allardyce have our number and we've got to get better at coping with physical hard-working sides. We've shown signs of progress (in the form of a fantastic goal that sliced them apart) from last season's horror show in the same fixture but we're still sloppy at defending set pieces which cost us today.

On to the next game.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:30 - Dec 7 with 1549 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 17:29 - Dec 7 by AnotherJohn

Don't you think that all this business about 'calling out' people in recent days makes you look rather silly? It is one factor that leads me to discount the value of your posts.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 17:32]

Absolutely not. What an odd criteria to discredit someones obviously correct post.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024