Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? 11:12 - Nov 11 with 1006 viewsPoolman

Paid his dues, served his time and now training again with Sheff United - does he deserve another chance?

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 11:26 - Nov 11 with 1003 viewstangerinemoss

Simple enough question, very complicated issue.

Has done his time, which is what society demands, and now needs to prove that he is a changed man, how can he do that without continuing his career?

Would I want to work alongside him, or him to be in my team, no

Will he ever be trusted again in a social scene, probably not.

And just to add even more levels, didn't I read that his case is being reviewed?

Confused.com

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 15:30 - Nov 11 with 963 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 11:26 - Nov 11 by tangerinemoss

Simple enough question, very complicated issue.

Has done his time, which is what society demands, and now needs to prove that he is a changed man, how can he do that without continuing his career?

Would I want to work alongside him, or him to be in my team, no

Will he ever be trusted again in a social scene, probably not.

And just to add even more levels, didn't I read that his case is being reviewed?

Confused.com

Sheffield United are being very slow with this - here's why :

157,000 people have apparently signed a petition urging Sheffield United not to re-sign Ched Evans.

Watch this space, Mr Oyston. Ched Evans could become available if Sheffield United do not want all the hassle which is going to come with re-signing him.

Could he score goals? Would Pool want to sign him? Could he score goals in the Championship?

For me, the fitness issue is very real. Ched Evans has been in prison for about 2 and a half years. Could he of kept himself fit in prison?
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 16:09 - Nov 11 with 942 viewsOdinsRaven

Of course he should. He's served his time and paid the penalty society demanded. If I had done the same I could go back to my profession and so should he.
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 22:51 - Nov 11 with 907 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 16:09 - Nov 11 by OdinsRaven

Of course he should. He's served his time and paid the penalty society demanded. If I had done the same I could go back to my profession and so should he.

Sheffield United have released a press statement saying that the PFA (Professional football Association) have made a special request for Ched Evans to be allowed to train with them, being his last club.

Karl should sign him up whilst Sheffield United are dithering!
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 10:53 - Nov 12 with 883 viewstangerinedom

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 22:51 - Nov 11 by Osbourne

Sheffield United have released a press statement saying that the PFA (Professional football Association) have made a special request for Ched Evans to be allowed to train with them, being his last club.

Karl should sign him up whilst Sheffield United are dithering!

He's damaged goods and on a point of principle I wouldn't want him at our place comparing notes with our disgraced owner. The whole thing stinks.
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 11:00 - Nov 12 with 879 viewsBFC_Tim

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 10:53 - Nov 12 by tangerinedom

He's damaged goods and on a point of principle I wouldn't want him at our place comparing notes with our disgraced owner. The whole thing stinks.

Fair play to Charlie Webster.

Television presenter Charlie Webster has resigned as a patron of Sheffield United after the club allowed convicted rapist Ched Evans to train.

The club said it had granted former player Evans permission to train with the side following a request from the Professional Footballers' Association.

Evans, 25, was freed last month after serving two-and-a-half years for rape.

Ms Webster told BBC's Newsnight that "at no point" had the club acknowledged the "extremity of his crime".

The Wales international footballer was jailed in April 2012 for raping a woman in a hotel room in Rhyl.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 11:11 - Nov 12 with 877 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

The whole issue is one of principle of the treatment of people who have committed a criminal offence. It doesn't matter what offence or what the punishment was, the one question is "Does committing a criminal offence automatically lead to a lifetime exclusion from the employment market?" The answer must of course be "No".

Rightly or wrongly footballers are required to be role models. A role model is a model for all people, not just good people. A reformed criminal is a very good role model indeed, particularly for certain sections of society who are most in need of people to look up to. The important thing for Ched Evans is to demonstrate true remorse for his actions and that he is reformed.

His skill is professional football, he may well have a lot to give both as a footballer and a role model. People should not be prevented from following their employment because he was convicted of a crime, unless that crime conflicts with the nature of the employment (paedophiles as teachers, fraudsters in financial positions, etc.). In this case I don't see a conflict between the nature of the crime and the employment.
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 11:21 - Nov 12 with 874 viewsFountain

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 11:11 - Nov 12 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

The whole issue is one of principle of the treatment of people who have committed a criminal offence. It doesn't matter what offence or what the punishment was, the one question is "Does committing a criminal offence automatically lead to a lifetime exclusion from the employment market?" The answer must of course be "No".

Rightly or wrongly footballers are required to be role models. A role model is a model for all people, not just good people. A reformed criminal is a very good role model indeed, particularly for certain sections of society who are most in need of people to look up to. The important thing for Ched Evans is to demonstrate true remorse for his actions and that he is reformed.

His skill is professional football, he may well have a lot to give both as a footballer and a role model. People should not be prevented from following their employment because he was convicted of a crime, unless that crime conflicts with the nature of the employment (paedophiles as teachers, fraudsters in financial positions, etc.). In this case I don't see a conflict between the nature of the crime and the employment.

I agree with HdS. Evans could use his position as a Pro footballer in a very positive way if he's allowed and if he wants to.

The key is 'if he want's to'. I don't think he will be accepted on a normal player basis and a genuine remorse combined with real desire to help others will be needed and will go a long way to him being accepted.

In short a lot more positive things could come out of him playing again than him not playing.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 11:26]

slap me on the patio

Login to get fewer ads

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 13:27 - Nov 12 with 861 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 11:11 - Nov 12 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

Hannibal de Seaside,

Taken from your post :
"The important thing for Ched Evans is to demonstrate true remorse for his actions and that he is reformed."

Apparently, Ched Evans is appealing against his conviction. An inquiry into the Ched Evans conviction is to be fast tracked by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, the body that examines potential miscarriages of justice.

Can Ched Evans demonstrate what you suggest whilst this inquiry is going ahead?
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 16:59 - Nov 12 with 836 viewsstraightatthewall

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 13:27 - Nov 12 by Osbourne

Hannibal de Seaside,

Taken from your post :
"The important thing for Ched Evans is to demonstrate true remorse for his actions and that he is reformed."

Apparently, Ched Evans is appealing against his conviction. An inquiry into the Ched Evans conviction is to be fast tracked by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, the body that examines potential miscarriages of justice.

Can Ched Evans demonstrate what you suggest whilst this inquiry is going ahead?

Presumably he can appeal twice and lose both times and STILL instist that he's innocent.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 17:28 - Nov 12 with 823 viewsbillybigbananas

Swap for Davies in Jan?
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 19:35 - Nov 12 with 796 viewsKOSBowlCut

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 17:28 - Nov 12 by billybigbananas

Swap for Davies in Jan?

Interesting that sponsors are now talking about pulling out - looks like he's damaged goods and I reckon most teams will now give him a wide berth. Strange the same didn't happen to the Plymouth keeper?

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 20:13 - Nov 12 with 788 viewsBertandErnie

Been hung out to dry on this one. Must be tough if you feel you've done nothing wrong to feel remorse or show any sympathy for the 'victim'!
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 20:53 - Nov 12 with 784 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 20:13 - Nov 12 by BertandErnie

Been hung out to dry on this one. Must be tough if you feel you've done nothing wrong to feel remorse or show any sympathy for the 'victim'!

Sheffield United.

I think their approach to this issue could be called; "Sitting on the fence!"
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 08:16 - Nov 13 with 767 views1953Original

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 20:53 - Nov 12 by Osbourne

Sheffield United.

I think their approach to this issue could be called; "Sitting on the fence!"

For once, am actually glad this is another club looking to sign a player and not us!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 16:51 - Nov 14 with 730 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 08:16 - Nov 13 by 1953Original

For once, am actually glad this is another club looking to sign a player and not us!

Sheffield United might sit on the fence too long, public and politicians causing serious problems on this situation. Worse than they feared I suspect.

Ched Evans is a proven goal scorer, however, two questions :

1. He is a proven goal scorer in Division 1, not the Championship. Could he score goals in the Championship?
2. His fitness is a real problem. 2 and a half years in prison, is it possible to keep fit in prison? How long will it take for match fitness to return?

While Sheffield United are dithering with public opinion could Pool offer him something? Would Pool fans want him at Bloomfield Road?

After all, Pool have only 7 points this season. We are very short of goals. Desperate measures for desperate times?

Just a thought.
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 22:29 - Nov 20 with 655 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 16:51 - Nov 14 by Osbourne

Sheffield United might sit on the fence too long, public and politicians causing serious problems on this situation. Worse than they feared I suspect.

Ched Evans is a proven goal scorer, however, two questions :

1. He is a proven goal scorer in Division 1, not the Championship. Could he score goals in the Championship?
2. His fitness is a real problem. 2 and a half years in prison, is it possible to keep fit in prison? How long will it take for match fitness to return?

While Sheffield United are dithering with public opinion could Pool offer him something? Would Pool fans want him at Bloomfield Road?

After all, Pool have only 7 points this season. We are very short of goals. Desperate measures for desperate times?

Just a thought.

Sheffield United off the fence now.
They have cracked under media pressure.
Time for Mr Oyston to move in?
What do we think?
Blimey, difficult one this one. An English league club is going to sign him, that's for sure, the question is, which one?
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 19:46 - Nov 21 with 627 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 22:29 - Nov 20 by Osbourne

Sheffield United off the fence now.
They have cracked under media pressure.
Time for Mr Oyston to move in?
What do we think?
Blimey, difficult one this one. An English league club is going to sign him, that's for sure, the question is, which one?

Would Ched Evans come to Pool on a deal to the end of the season?

I wonder?

I'm not for or against him. Just think that he could score some goals.

Pool need some goals.

Just saying.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 17:47]
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 17:51 - Nov 24 with 582 viewsOsbourne

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 19:46 - Nov 21 by Osbourne

Would Ched Evans come to Pool on a deal to the end of the season?

I wonder?

I'm not for or against him. Just think that he could score some goals.

Pool need some goals.

Just saying.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 17:47]

Anyone still following this saga?

Sheffield United are not signing him.

Latest is that he is in contract talks with 6 clubs.

I wonder if one of them is Pool?

Still not quite sure what to make of this Ched Evans issue. Any thoughts from anyone?
Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 09:00 - Nov 25 with 552 viewsKOSBowlCut

Does Ched Evans deserve another chance? on 17:51 - Nov 24 by Osbourne

Anyone still following this saga?

Sheffield United are not signing him.

Latest is that he is in contract talks with 6 clubs.

I wonder if one of them is Pool?

Still not quite sure what to make of this Ched Evans issue. Any thoughts from anyone?

There are enough Chairman who would be willing to take a punt on a player that did well at the Blades. Probably League One or League Two though if he does sign for someone.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024