Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
time to go? 17:09 - Oct 25 with 1749 viewsThemisinglink

Think Karl is well within his right,to sack Riga ,time to go.
time to go? on 17:11 - Oct 25 with 1738 viewsRusty2Stands

I think you should change your user name to themissingbrain.
time to go? on 17:12 - Oct 25 with 1736 viewsBertandErnie

Totally agree mate - Karl is the problem but at the end of the day this bloke has had a budget which has brought in 20 plus players, has seen stats about how we are rubbish up front and yet brings in more midfielders where we continue to be utterly awful. Bye Bye Jose - wrong time, wrong place.
time to go? on 17:15 - Oct 25 with 1729 viewsElswick

time to go? on 17:11 - Oct 25 by Rusty2Stands

Well he has to back him or sack him. Ones things for sure we are going down if the status quo does not change. I
time to go? on 17:17 - Oct 25 with 1723 viewsccseasider

time to go? on 17:11 - Oct 25 by Rusty2Stands

Pot Riga now while we still have a chance of reaching 10 points. Lol
time to go? on 17:20 - Oct 25 with 1717 viewswe_are_Superior

time to go? on 17:15 - Oct 25 by Elswick

Well he has to back him or sack him. Ones things for sure we are going down if the status quo does not change. I

This whole 'back him or sack him' - I think it's about time both parties came out and started telling the fans some truths.

1. Has Riga looked for a desperately needed striker in the last 3 months
2. Why was a left back not brought in for the last 3 games
3. Has the manager requested any players to be brought in since the 'clear the air talks and been refused'

If the answer to the last question is yes then I'm surprised Riga has stayed to tarnish his career with this crap. If the answer is no then I'm afraid he's been culpable of poor management and has to go.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

time to go? on 17:45 - Oct 25 with 1686 viewsbrassedoff

time to go? on 17:20 - Oct 25 by we_are_Superior

This whole 'back him or sack him' - I think it's about time both parties came out and started telling the fans some truths.

1. Has Riga looked for a desperately needed striker in the last 3 months
2. Why was a left back not brought in for the last 3 games
3. Has the manager requested any players to be brought in since the 'clear the air talks and been refused'

If the answer to the last question is yes then I'm surprised Riga has stayed to tarnish his career with this crap. If the answer is no then I'm afraid he's been culpable of poor management and has to go.

Sadly , and with heavy heart, I'd say it's the only chance we have of moving forward. As many have said, his relationship with Karl is non-existent, we need new players desperately and at least a new man would have the two week international break.

Question is - which mad fool would take it!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

time to go? on 17:48 - Oct 25 with 1682 viewsMr_Brightside

time to go? on 17:45 - Oct 25 by brassedoff

Sadly , and with heavy heart, I'd say it's the only chance we have of moving forward. As many have said, his relationship with Karl is non-existent, we need new players desperately and at least a new man would have the two week international break.

Question is - which mad fool would take it!

If you were asking is it time for Karl to go you'd arguably have the biggest thread in the new AVFTT history!!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

time to go? on 17:52 - Oct 25 with 1679 viewsTwoPhillips

A_Yellow_Pub makes an interesting few points on the other forum - I can see him heading across here to avoid the ensuing bullets!!

While there is no doubt that KO is to blame for the position we are in, there comes a time when Jose Riga needs to take a look at himself. He may not have the players he wanted but he has them all the same and he has to encourage them and work with them. Everyone who knows anything about the game knows what the situation is here. So he needs to stop wasting his time both putting his players down and slating the Chairman. He needs to be concentrating on his job which is to try to turn this around because while his reputation in the game will not be harmed at theoment because of the situation he has found himself in, he almost certainly will damage his reputation if we continue in this awful vien of form. At some point people will start to say "maybe it's partly Jose's fault too".

Our squad is without doubt one of the weakest in the division but Riga is not getting the best from them. Miller scored goals for a poor Yeovil team last season. Maybe Riga needs to look at why that is, and maybe change his principles and alter our style of play. Let's face it. The "attractive" football is getting us absolutely nowhere. It's not Karl Oystons fault that Tony McMahon has conceded four penalties this season by lunging in is it?

I watched today's live stream and I can honestly say it was an awful performance. You have to feel sorry for Joe Lewis who has by far been the stand out player of the season. Will Watt made a good point during commentary today which was that yhe goalkeeping position is probably the only one that hasn't been weakened by the departure of players. He's every bit as good as Gilks if not better. However, today he made two or three awful mistakes for which he was punished.

I'm now sat waiting to listen to the post match interview but you already know exactly what questions will be asked and what answers will be given.

We are doomed. Nothing can be done about it at all. We will be down by Christmas in all but a mathematical sense.

While they are fully justified, Riga now needs to stop with the public spats with the Chairman and concentrate on his job. He needs to leave the off the field activities to the people off the pitch.

Which leads me on to how quiet BST have been of late. Maybe they realise there is nothing that they can do either. Their email newsletter very much had a "nothing we can do about it" feel as well. They seem to be turning into a more independent version of BSA?

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Login to get fewer ads

time to go? on 18:00 - Oct 25 with 1668 viewsTHEMISSINGLINK

time to go? on 17:52 - Oct 25 by TwoPhillips

A_Yellow_Pub makes an interesting few points on the other forum - I can see him heading across here to avoid the ensuing bullets!!

While there is no doubt that KO is to blame for the position we are in, there comes a time when Jose Riga needs to take a look at himself. He may not have the players he wanted but he has them all the same and he has to encourage them and work with them. Everyone who knows anything about the game knows what the situation is here. So he needs to stop wasting his time both putting his players down and slating the Chairman. He needs to be concentrating on his job which is to try to turn this around because while his reputation in the game will not be harmed at theoment because of the situation he has found himself in, he almost certainly will damage his reputation if we continue in this awful vien of form. At some point people will start to say "maybe it's partly Jose's fault too".

Our squad is without doubt one of the weakest in the division but Riga is not getting the best from them. Miller scored goals for a poor Yeovil team last season. Maybe Riga needs to look at why that is, and maybe change his principles and alter our style of play. Let's face it. The "attractive" football is getting us absolutely nowhere. It's not Karl Oystons fault that Tony McMahon has conceded four penalties this season by lunging in is it?

I watched today's live stream and I can honestly say it was an awful performance. You have to feel sorry for Joe Lewis who has by far been the stand out player of the season. Will Watt made a good point during commentary today which was that yhe goalkeeping position is probably the only one that hasn't been weakened by the departure of players. He's every bit as good as Gilks if not better. However, today he made two or three awful mistakes for which he was punished.

I'm now sat waiting to listen to the post match interview but you already know exactly what questions will be asked and what answers will be given.

We are doomed. Nothing can be done about it at all. We will be down by Christmas in all but a mathematical sense.

While they are fully justified, Riga now needs to stop with the public spats with the Chairman and concentrate on his job. He needs to leave the off the field activities to the people off the pitch.

Which leads me on to how quiet BST have been of late. Maybe they realise there is nothing that they can do either. Their email newsletter very much had a "nothing we can do about it" feel as well. They seem to be turning into a more independent version of BSA?

Probably is time for you to get back to supporting the cods or nobbers, or perhaps you're an Oyston in disguise?
time to go? on 18:33 - Oct 25 with 1633 viewschesterbfc

time to go? on 18:00 - Oct 25 by THEMISSINGLINK

Probably is time for you to get back to supporting the cods or nobbers, or perhaps you're an Oyston in disguise?

Should have gone after Huddersfield, looks and sounds like a dead man walking,I repeat,dead man walking, etc etc. Koko didnt sign all the players,but teamspirit is dead,gone, support is also dead,needs a new leader,
time to go? on 20:29 - Oct 25 with 1571 viewsSTHolder

I think for both sides to come out of this with any shred of credibility that now would be a good time for the parting of the waves. Probably won't happen as KO hasn't a clue about who to talk to or what his next move will be and so he'll just let it slide.
time to go? on 21:37 - Oct 25 with 1541 viewsMephistopheles

time to go? on 20:29 - Oct 25 by STHolder

I think for both sides to come out of this with any shred of credibility that now would be a good time for the parting of the waves. Probably won't happen as KO hasn't a clue about who to talk to or what his next move will be and so he'll just let it slide.

Scary that Riga is being blamed in any way, shape or form,

Divide and conquer it is then
time to go? on 21:56 - Oct 25 with 1522 viewsstu

time to go? on 18:00 - Oct 25 by THEMISSINGLINK

Baffled by this reply TwoPhillips - good post btw mate

Tangerine is the new black

time to go? on 01:19 - Oct 26 with 1500 viewsGrayth

Stupid. Unbelievably stupid. Alarming ignorance. I normally stick to addressing content but I don't even know where to begin with this thread.

For all the little digs at the old FOL site (and admittedly there are a few poor posters on there), it seems less than half of the posters on here have the remotest understanding of what is happening right in front of them.
time to go? on 01:23 - Oct 26 with 1498 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

time to go? on 01:19 - Oct 26 by Grayth

Stupid. Unbelievably stupid. Alarming ignorance. I normally stick to addressing content but I don't even know where to begin with this thread.

For all the little digs at the old FOL site (and admittedly there are a few poor posters on there), it seems less than half of the posters on here have the remotest understanding of what is happening right in front of them.

Agreed Grayth

There are none so blind as those that cannot see.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

time to go? on 09:36 - Oct 26 with 1448 viewsKOSBowlCut

time to go? on 01:23 - Oct 26 by KhonKaenSeasider

Agreed Grayth

There are none so blind as those that cannot see.

Grayth and KhonKaenSeasider - explain it to us how you see it? I find the problem with most posters are they shoot down an argument but rarely come up with the alternative view. Generally interested and for reference I want Riga to stay and KO to go and so am not an apologist or a bumspider but am struggling to see where we go from here - other view would be welcome!

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

time to go? on 10:00 - Oct 26 with 1445 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

time to go? on 09:36 - Oct 26 by KOSBowlCut

Grayth and KhonKaenSeasider - explain it to us how you see it? I find the problem with most posters are they shoot down an argument but rarely come up with the alternative view. Generally interested and for reference I want Riga to stay and KO to go and so am not an apologist or a bumspider but am struggling to see where we go from here - other view would be welcome!

Sure, I'll afford you a reply.

OK, if Riga was to go, then what or who?? Blunderhead has already proven that it takes ages to find a manager, and with the clubs reputation in tatters now that the O's have been publically outed, it will leave a squad of players with nobody at all.....dear God, even Bart hasn't been replaced yet.

It's obvious what is needed, but I fear it is too late for even that. Flotsam and Jetsam, remember them? When are they going to join? No....thanks to KoKo, our 'stock' is as low as it ever could be, and beyond repair.

The season is almost over before the illuminations have gone out, and that takes a masterstroke of mismanagement from the very top. It is so far off the incompetence scale, you could be right to conclude it is a deliberate act of sabotage.

For me, leave Riga to work with the players he knows, if a miracle happens and we loan a spine worthy of the name, we have an outside chance.

Other than that, hope and pray for another Riga revolution, this time a Latvian one.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

time to go? on 10:36 - Oct 26 with 1437 viewsbig_bloomers

time to go? on 10:00 - Oct 26 by KhonKaenSeasider

Sure, I'll afford you a reply.

OK, if Riga was to go, then what or who?? Blunderhead has already proven that it takes ages to find a manager, and with the clubs reputation in tatters now that the O's have been publically outed, it will leave a squad of players with nobody at all.....dear God, even Bart hasn't been replaced yet.

It's obvious what is needed, but I fear it is too late for even that. Flotsam and Jetsam, remember them? When are they going to join? No....thanks to KoKo, our 'stock' is as low as it ever could be, and beyond repair.

The season is almost over before the illuminations have gone out, and that takes a masterstroke of mismanagement from the very top. It is so far off the incompetence scale, you could be right to conclude it is a deliberate act of sabotage.

For me, leave Riga to work with the players he knows, if a miracle happens and we loan a spine worthy of the name, we have an outside chance.

Other than that, hope and pray for another Riga revolution, this time a Latvian one.

Good reply Khon Kaen - agree with most of that ..

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

time to go? on 10:50 - Oct 26 with 1429 viewsstraightatthewall

time to go? on 10:36 - Oct 26 by big_bloomers

Good reply Khon Kaen - agree with most of that ..

It's deeply alarming to read some of the recent comments made towards Riga.

People mentioning budget, 'his signings' and the fact that he isn't playing certain players. How they can't see the obvious is beyond me. He might well get sacked, but whereas Bolton got in Neil Lennon and Birmingham immediately went for an up and coming lower league boss, we'll probably go with Noel Blake with Peter Clarke as his assistant.

5 managers in 2 years. Over that time we've got dramatically worse on the pitch. Why is another change in gaffer going to arrest that trend?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

time to go? on 12:01 - Oct 26 with 1402 viewsOrioltwins

time to go? on 10:50 - Oct 26 by straightatthewall

It's deeply alarming to read some of the recent comments made towards Riga.

People mentioning budget, 'his signings' and the fact that he isn't playing certain players. How they can't see the obvious is beyond me. He might well get sacked, but whereas Bolton got in Neil Lennon and Birmingham immediately went for an up and coming lower league boss, we'll probably go with Noel Blake with Peter Clarke as his assistant.

5 managers in 2 years. Over that time we've got dramatically worse on the pitch. Why is another change in gaffer going to arrest that trend?

SATW - "Noel Blake with Peter Clarke" as his assistant is probably the quote of the day!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

time to go? on 13:43 - Oct 26 with 1388 viewssteve_g

time to go? on 12:01 - Oct 26 by Orioltwins

SATW - "Noel Blake with Peter Clarke" as his assistant is probably the quote of the day!

Now we're this far down the line I'd say get to the International break (and hope for something from Ipswich) and then Riga has got to come up with a list and tap up every Prem club for loans, get Oriol and Cubero fit and for God's sake work on creating chances - Reading showed from just getting in the box and shooting yesterday how you win games!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

time to go? on 19:59 - Oct 26 with 1333 viewsTwoPhillips

time to go? on 13:43 - Oct 26 by steve_g

Now we're this far down the line I'd say get to the International break (and hope for something from Ipswich) and then Riga has got to come up with a list and tap up every Prem club for loans, get Oriol and Cubero fit and for God's sake work on creating chances - Reading showed from just getting in the box and shooting yesterday how you win games!

I just don't think Riga has had a fair crack of the whip from the start he endured to the limits on players through to injuries, suspensions, stupid mistakes, bad decisions - effectively nothing has gone right for him. You could say with that track record maybe it is time he went but I would still like to see a fully fit Riga side and what he could do with them - so far he's at no point had this luxury.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

time to go? on 20:07 - Oct 26 with 1327 viewsArchibaldKnox

time to go? on 19:59 - Oct 26 by TwoPhillips

I just don't think Riga has had a fair crack of the whip from the start he endured to the limits on players through to injuries, suspensions, stupid mistakes, bad decisions - effectively nothing has gone right for him. You could say with that track record maybe it is time he went but I would still like to see a fully fit Riga side and what he could do with them - so far he's at no point had this luxury.

I really hope Mr Riga sticks in there. In fact, I would love it if he was still here as Catweazle and Koko are shown out of the rear door for the last time...
time to go? on 08:32 - Oct 27 with 1311 viewsWindyMiller

At the end of the day, whatever deluded world Karl is in, no manager can survive on a record of one win in fourteen games. It just doesn't work like that. Whatever budget he's had, whatever problems he's incurred, sadly it just wasn't good enough from Riga. Yes blame Oyston but sadly Riga took a job he was never going to do well in and both parties should have seen that earlier and dealt with it.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

time to go? on 08:47 - Oct 27 with 1309 viewsSadallover

I think most fans just want what is good for the club - no one wants to head back to League One - hate Oyston, love Riga - but my passion is the club not individuals and if someone can sort this mess out I'd welcome them with open arms.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024